Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  253 254 [255] 256 257   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/15/2019 9:50:26 AM   
TJSweens

It could only have been so aggressive. The dude went for a 5th round pick. Does that mean the Bears offered a 6th while everyone else was offering a 7th.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 6351
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/15/2019 10:48:17 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bruce Johnson

I don't believe it will happen.

https://thevikingage.com/2019/08/15/minnesota-vikings-5-trade-partners-treadwell/

I don't know why anyone would send an asset to the Vikings for a player they know the Vikings will cut.

I simply don't understand this kind of thinking. Even if the Vikings flat out say we are going to cut the player if we can't trade him that doesn't guarantee the team desiring him gets him unless they have the first waiver claim.
Any other team that wants him still has to trade for him to assure acquiring him. .

< Message edited by kgdabom -- 8/15/2019 10:50:14 AM >

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 6352
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/15/2019 10:50:40 AM   
Bruce Johnson

I exchanged texts with Andrew Krammer this morning. He told me that he did not think Blasingame would make the 53 man roster. He believes the team will only keep one FB. He believes Ham will have a bigger role in this year's offense.

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 6353
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/15/2019 10:51:27 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

It could only have been so aggressive. The dude went for a 5th round pick. Does that mean the Bears offered a 6th while everyone else was offering a 7th.

The Bears may have also offered a 5th round pick, but the Ravens deemed our 5th round pick more valuable. However, not that aggressive as you say.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 6354
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/15/2019 11:03:34 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

I exchanged texts with Andrew Krammer this morning. He told me that he did not think Blasingame would make the 53 man roster. He believes the team will only keep one FB. He believes Ham will have a bigger role in this year's offense.

Blasingame sure has the measurables and sure looks good in the games. I know the Vikings coaches think the world of Ham though. Their used to be cutdowns where date X you had to release a certain amount of players then release more on date Y. If I understand it right their is just one mass cutdown date now. Is this correct?

Edit: Answering my own question. This is the only cut date I was able to find.

Aug. 31 Prior to 4:00 p.m., New York time, clubs must reduce rosters to a maximum of 53 players on the Active/Inactive List.
Simultaneously with the cut-down to 53, clubs that have players in the categories of Active/Physically Unable to Perform or Active/Non-Football Injury or Illness must select one of the following options: place player on Reserve/Physically Unable to Perform or Reserve/NonFootball Injury or Illness, whichever is applicable; request waivers; terminate contract; trade contract; or continue to count the player on the Active List.

< Message edited by kgdabom -- 8/15/2019 11:10:22 AM >

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 6355
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/15/2019 11:07:06 AM   
SoMnFan

Each contenders biggest hole according to ESPN
(Be sure to sit down, might come as a shock to some)

Minnesota Vikings
Chances to make the playoffs: 45.2%
Chances to win the NFC North: 26.8%
Biggest hole: Offensive line
The Vikings did some work to fix the offensive line this offseason, drafting center Garrett Bradbury in the first round, moving Pat Elflein to guard and signing guard Josh Kline. They like right tackle Brian O'Neill, who was their second-round pick in 2018, and think the way the interior of their line is constructed will help the kind of offense they want to run.
The sense I got from talking to Vikings coaches while at their camp was that, if they can commit to the run the way they want to, they can make their current line work. But, as one person there said to me, "If we have to drop back 40 times a game, it's probably not going to be in our best interest."
Post #: 6356
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/15/2019 11:17:25 AM   
quote:

ORIGINAL: JT2

quote:

ORIGINAL: kurt bilben

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ian Joseph

quote:

quote:

I have a parking pass for the seahawks game. Its located right next to the stadium, with an attached bridge to it.

$20. PM Me..

I didn't get the impression that David was selling anything. You are, and even if it's the best deal in the world, is this really the place to do that?

I say, don't sell shit in here. Slippery slope.

BTW, good to see you back. I was hopeful you might have some Viking knowledge/opinion to share. Be better.

I've occassionally mentioned parking passes for three years. So, this isnt anything new. I made a post and if someone reaches out, they do. If not, thts fine too.

I've put in enough blood, sweat and tears on this site to mention a hugely discounted parking pass for one of our peeps on here to use. Sorry you were offended .

I thought I remembered Ian giving away prizes for contests in here Pete?

Not sure him making a couple parking passes available for a toll is that big a deal?

Understand not making this a flea market for sure though.

There was a separate thread for the prizes and draft stuff. That was nice of Ian. I never participated but I appreciated what he did, and where he did it.

I have a townhouse in Eden Prairie for rent, in a Viking community, should I pitch that here?

Make a thread for selling shit is all I'm saying.

Renting Townhouses/ Selling Viking parking passes on a Viking fan thread- Apples/ Oranges IMO..

But I’m not one of those last word guys 😳 I don’t think? Haha

I do get it Pete.
  Post #: 6357
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/15/2019 11:23:40 AM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

NFLPA wouldn't agree with me but I wish there was a rule where you could have half of your practice squad that were untouchable to other teams.

Maybe something like they would get paid 150% of regular PS guys and you could only do this for one year.
Post #: 6358
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/15/2019 11:28:12 AM   
Bruce Johnson

quote:

ORIGINAL: kgdabom

quote:

The Bears may have also offered a 5th round pick, but the Ravens deemed our 5th round pick more valuable. However, not that aggressive as you say.

I'm guessing that other teams offered a 7th and the Bears expected that a 6th would work.

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 6359
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/15/2019 11:32:31 AM   
Bruce Johnson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Anderson

quote:

NFLPA wouldn't agree with me but I wish there was a rule where you could have half of your practice squad that were untouchable to other teams.

Maybe something like they would get paid 150% of regular PS guys and you could only do this for one year.

It's better for the players the way it is, but often times the player is offered a roster spot promotion with his current team so that he can stay.

Post #: 6360
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/15/2019 11:49:19 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

quote:

quote:

I'm guessing that other teams offered a 7th and the Bears expected that a 6th would work.

That's a reasonable guess. However if there was a bidding war I could certainly see it going like this. Teams mildly interested offer a 7th. Bears with a big need are happy to offer a 6th. Vikings offer a sixth. Ravens go back to Bears saying Vikings 6th is better than yours. Bears offer a 5th. Ravens go to Vikings and say we've got a Bears 5th. Vikings offer 5th. Ravens go back to Bears and Bears say a 4th is too rich for us.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 6361
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/15/2019 11:49:53 AM   
kgdabom

Duplicate Deleted.

< Message edited by kgdabom -- 8/15/2019 12:07:08 PM >

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 6362
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/15/2019 12:14:26 PM   
Bruce Johnson

More good stuff. I'm so happy to discover this new source.

https://climbingthepocket.com/2019/08/15/making-sense-of-the-3-tech-battle/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Post #: 6363
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/15/2019 12:28:44 PM   
David Levine

Post #: 6364
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/15/2019 1:03:07 PM   
ratoppenheimer

i believe that cj ham is still practice squad eligible, being that he only has two years of nfl experience....

The league does allow for exceptions to the less than two-year rule, which was expanded with the 10-player rule. Teams may keep up to four players on their practice squad who have accrued two seasons of NFL experience, which allows a fringe player the chance to stay with the team, even if he already has been in the league, while also allowing the teams to keep more veteran players.

the journey...is paradise.
Post #: 6365
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/15/2019 1:08:48 PM   
thebigo

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I have a parking pass for the seahawks game. Its located right next to the stadium, with an attached bridge to it.

$20. PM Me..

I didn't get the impression that David was selling anything. You are, and even if it's the best deal in the world, is this really the place to do that?

BTW, good to see you back. I was hopeful you might have some Viking knowledge/opinion to share. Be better.

I've occassionally mentioned parking passes for three years. So, this isnt anything new. I made a post and if someone reaches out, they do. If not, thts fine too.

I've put in enough blood, sweat and tears on this site to mention a hugely discounted parking pass for one of our peeps on here to use. Sorry you were offended .

Not sure him making a couple parking passes available for a toll is that big a deal?

There was a separate thread for the prizes and draft stuff. That was nice of Ian. I never participated but I appreciated what he did, and where he did it.

I have a townhouse in Eden Prairie for rent, in a Viking community, should I pitch that here?

Renting Townhouses/ Selling Viking parking passes on a Viking fan thread- Apples/ Oranges IMO..

I do get it Pete.

Originally the post to sell the parking spots was no big deal. Now what do we have, like 50 posts on it?
Post #: 6366
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/15/2019 1:36:22 PM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

$20. PM Me..

I do get it Pete.

Originally the post to sell the parking spots was no big deal. Now what do we have, like 50 posts on it?

That's more hits than you could get on ebay

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 6367
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/15/2019 4:13:27 PM   
Bruce Johnson

Courtney Cronin was on the radio earlier talking about Treadwell. She was very critical of the Vikings for making him the third receiver last year. She said he was a bottom three receiver in the league and lost games for our team. One problem was that defenses knew he was bad and would double up on Thielen and Diggs knowing that they weren't going to be burned by Treadwell. She said that the Vikings have been trying to trade Treadwell for the last two years.

Pretty harsh assessment. We really need a second tight end to emerge as a pass receiver. I'm not convinced it will be the rookie. We need something from our third receiver. Everybody seems to like Beebe. Maybe the team can throw more to RB's out of the backfield, too. (plus run more effectively)

Cronin did defend the offensive coordinator from last year and his propensity to throw the ball so much due to the team playing from behind so much. If the team has to depend as much on the pass again this year they will not make the playoffs.

Post #: 6368
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/15/2019 4:30:17 PM   
Ricky J

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

$20. PM Me..

I do get it Pete.

I would hope if someone has a couple tickets they needed to unload they wouldnt think twice about mentioning right here where people you associate with can have a good shot at going to the game. Blows me away we would even consider it being an issue
Post #: 6369
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/15/2019 4:36:21 PM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ricky J

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

$20. PM Me..

I do get it Pete.

I would hope if someone has a couple tickets they needed to unload they wouldnt think twice about mentioning right here where people you associate with can have a good shot at going to the game. Blows me away we would even consider it being an issue

Post #: 6370
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/15/2019 4:37:40 PM   
jbusse

quote:

Courtney Cronin was on the radio earlier talking about Treadwell. She was very critical of the Vikings for making him the third receiver last year. She said he was a bottom three receiver in the league and lost games for our team. One problem was that defenses knew he was bad and would double up on Thielen and Diggs knowing that they weren't going to be burned by Treadwell. She said that the Vikings have been trying to trade Treadwell for the last two years.

Pretty harsh assessment. We really need a second tight end to emerge as a pass receiver. I'm not convinced it will be the rookie. We need something from our third receiver. Everybody seems to like Beebe. Maybe the team can throw more to RB's out of the backfield, too. (plus run more effectively)

Cronin did defend the offensive coordinator from last year and his propensity to throw the ball so much due to the team playing from behind so much. If the team has to depend as much on the pass again this year they will not make the playoffs.

Zylstra would have been more productive in all likelihood. They kept waiting for it to click with Treadwell, as though they thought he had the talent.
Post #: 6371
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/15/2019 4:53:38 PM   
mikegreitzer

An ambitious--but no doubt feeble--attempt to make sense out of Laquon Treadwell.

http://vikings61.com/how-laquon-treadwell-missed-at-the-next-level/

And: what happens if he catches 6 passes on Sunday? Only kindling for trade talk?
Post #: 6372
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/15/2019 5:34:55 PM   
Ricky J

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ricky J

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

$20. PM Me..

I do get it Pete.

Is that what you're going to charge me?

ps: going to the Dallas game this year! (and I'm not all that excited about it but don't tell my wife, please)
Post #: 6373
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/15/2019 6:34:36 PM   
kgdabom

I just went to ESPN and saw the Headline that Cousins has a torn ACL and will likely miss the season.

Then I realized they were talking about DeMarcus.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 6374
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/15/2019 6:56:26 PM   
jbusse

quote:

I just went to ESPN and saw the Headline that Cousins has a torn ACL and will likely miss the season.

Then I realized they were talking about DeMarcus.

Your message made me nauseous, seriously. I didn’t see the second part. I was thinking Sloter, Browning,... walked away for a few minutes. Looked at Twitter and knew we were OK.
Post #: 6375
Page:   <<   < prev  253 254 [255] 256 257   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  253 254 [255] 256 257   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode