Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: WEEK 17: vs Bears 12-30-18 3:25PM CT

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Game Day Talk >> RE: WEEK 17: vs Bears 12-30-18 3:25PM CT Page: <<   < prev  26 27 28 29 [30]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: WEEK 17: vs Bears 12-30-18 3:25PM CT - 12/30/2018 7:41:12 PM   
stfrank

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: marty

David, the purpose of 'sways' is to make the games unpredictable, which is probably for intrigue and so betting isn't too easy.

Sometimes refs seem to favor certain teams, or have a desired result. Either they want a certain result, or maybe some teams are just more likeable, the players are more likeable.

I really don't know for sure, am just trying to ascertain why there appears to be extreme bias at times, it could just be messed up rules, rules interpreted in so many ways by so many people, or there could be desired results certain times.

'Sway' is just speculation. I think it's too hard to fix a game, but there are plenty of people on YouTube presenting visual evidence that there might be something up with officiating.

Its human error.

Being at field level and watching the game happen in real time isn't as easy as sitting on your sofa with multiple views.

The refs aren't great, it should be a full-time year-round job, but it is a really difficult job.

Bud Grant used to say that back in the 70's, good luck with that. LOL
Post #: 726
RE: WEEK 17: vs Bears 12-30-18 3:25PM CT - 12/30/2018 7:41:17 PM   
marty

Cousins and Zimmer have themselves and the team feeling like it always a step behind the other team, rarely a step ahead.

I wish the Vikes either had a QB or HC who has won the Super Bowl, someone that knows what it takes in playoff situations to make it happen.

Maybe having everyone give up on him, will give Cousins the drive to prove everyone wrong next year and take the team all the way. There seems to be some chemistry problems with the WRs, hopefully they can come together in a big way next year, an orgasmic Super Bowl win

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 727
RE: WEEK 17: vs Bears 12-30-18 3:25PM CT - 12/30/2018 7:41:31 PM   
Brad H

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Brad H

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jeff Jesser

quote:

ORIGINAL: Daniel Lee Young

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jeff Jesser

Stop with this "upgrade the OLine" crap. This is a head down problem. The defense sucked ass again today along with the offense. There needs to be a wholesale change here.

Jeff... and the rest of you bitching about coaching.... especially Zimmer.

Is it so hard to admit, as proven by two games against the same team, that not only was this a team loss, but the bears are a better team than the Vikings, this year, all across the board.

Adding Khalil Mack was genius, drafting Trubinski was brilliant.

The only thing I might agree on as far as management decisions goes is that Spielman needed to address the OL, not corner and running bacbacks, not linebackers not DE or UT, not wr... Guards and tackles... i am done with Spielman as GM , but that is a disappointing season talking..

whoever the idiot is that tells Zimmer when to throw a challenge flag needs to be taken out to the nearest parking lot and run over repeatedly with a truck.. starting at the ankles and ending at the knees.. back and forth, back and forth. .....

We got out coached and out played, yes that is on Zimmer, but if you blow it all up.. start naming names..

I’d go with Shurmer as head coach..

But where does it start dude? It wasn't like we came out on fire and got beat. We do what we always seem to do (on D, in particular). We came out "trying to figure them out" and we sucked. Why not dictate? We've done it and been really good. When Zimmer goes passive, we lose. It' a pattern that I can't let go anymore.

I'm ok if you get outplayed by a better team. We came out scared and beat ourselves. We've been that way since Zimmer took over.

Chicago has a mobile quarterback. We may want to start thinking about going in that direction. For all his warts, Case Keenum made plays with his feet. Cousins almost never makes a play with his feet.

Or, you know, get a couple NFL quality players on the line and design an offense around your QB's strengths.

You were the first person on the Cousins bandwagon - years ago even. And I don't think you were wrong.

I've been up and down on Cousins. At this point, I don't think he's a winner in crunch time.

You'll get no arguments from me on the offensive line. I was the guy that said they should have never drafted Cook and gotten another lineman. I stand by that statement more today than ever before.

Defense starts at the corners!
Post #: 728
RE: WEEK 17: vs Bears 12-30-18 3:25PM CT - 12/30/2018 7:45:36 PM   
Brad H

Dalvin Cook: 15 games, 4 touchdowns
Saquan Barkley: 16 games, 15 total touchdowns

Post #: 729
RE: WEEK 17: vs Bears 12-30-18 3:25PM CT - 12/30/2018 7:46:56 PM   
Brad H

Pretty tough to stop an NFL offense when you have Trae Waynes and a guy starting starting his second NFL game at corner. Most people had never heard of Javon Wims or Kevin White before today.

< Message edited by Brad H -- 12/30/2018 7:49:20 PM >

Post #: 730
RE: WEEK 17: vs Bears 12-30-18 3:25PM CT - 12/30/2018 7:57:04 PM   
Mr. Ed

quote:

Coaching

Shurmur knew how to use him

“Terrible thing to live in fear. Brooks Hatlen knew it. Knew it all too well. All I want is to be back where things make sense. Where I won't have to be afraid all the time.”
Post #: 731
RE: WEEK 17: vs Bears 12-30-18 3:25PM CT - 12/30/2018 8:00:02 PM   
Brad H

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mr. Ed

quote:

Coaching

The Giants had a horrid offensive line. Shurmur knew not to have Eli Manning throwing the ball 50 times a game, unless 45 of them were dump-offs.

Post #: 732
RE: WEEK 17: vs Bears 12-30-18 3:25PM CT - 12/30/2018 10:52:39 PM   
joejitsu

quote:

quote:

quote:

Coaching

The Giants had a horrid offensive line. Shurmur knew not to have Eli Manning throwing the ball 50 times a game, unless 45 of them were dump-offs.

Our oline was worse than the giants this year.
Post #: 733
RE: WEEK 17: vs Bears 12-30-18 3:25PM CT - 12/30/2018 11:49:24 PM   
Brad H

quote:

ORIGINAL: joejitsu

quote:

quote:

quote:

Coaching

Our oline was worse than the giants this year.

That's debatable

Post #: 734
RE: WEEK 17: vs Bears 12-30-18 3:25PM CT - 1/8/2019 11:06:58 PM   
marty

Does a FG have to just cross the plane of the goal posts, or does the ball have to go through ?

I am referring to Parkey's attempt.

What if the ball went through, just an inch past the plane, and at an outdoor stadium, either a bird or squirrel hit it right at that moment, and made the ball go backwards and return to the other side of the goal posts ?

Do they re-kick it ?

Believe it or not, this is actually a serious question.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 735
RE: WEEK 17: vs Bears 12-30-18 3:25PM CT - 1/9/2019 2:11:11 AM   
Todd M

It will never hit something and come back out...unless the ball hits the stanchion (the middle post) and bounces out...it is a made FG if it does...it's happened.

Waking up.
Post #: 736
RE: WEEK 17: vs Bears 12-30-18 3:25PM CT - 1/9/2019 10:14:26 AM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

Does a FG have to just cross the plane of the goal posts, or does the ball have to go through ?

I am referring to Parkey's attempt.

What if the ball went through, just an inch past the plane, and at an outdoor stadium, either a bird or squirrel hit it right at that moment, and made the ball go backwards and return to the other side of the goal posts ?

Do they re-kick it ?

Believe it or not, this is actually a serious question.

if it hits the crossbar and doesn't go over it, the kick is no good. If it hits the crossbar and goes over it, it's good.

It's a pretty simple rule which I am sure the NFL is going to try to find a way to complicate at some point.

Cause that's what the NFL does.

It's not like the goal line, if the ball breaks the plane of the goal line it is a touchdown. the ball actually has to go over the crossbar for the kick to be good.

All of us are entitled to our own opinion. None of us are entitled to our own facts. - Daniel Patrick Moynahan and Alan Page
Post #: 737
RE: WEEK 17: vs Bears 12-30-18 3:25PM CT - 1/9/2019 1:09:19 PM   
marty

Thanks for the clarification.

What if it were to go through, and a fan threw a whiskey bottle at it, and the ball went back through, still good ?

What if a fan throwing a snowball, a bird, or a drone hits the ball early in flight, do they re-kick it, or is it just an act of nature ?

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 738
RE: WEEK 17: vs Bears 12-30-18 3:25PM CT - 1/9/2019 1:27:32 PM   
David Levine

What if its ALIENS????
Post #: 739
RE: WEEK 17: vs Bears 12-30-18 3:25PM CT - 1/9/2019 3:17:41 PM   
marty

I figured someone would chime in with the stupid response of aliens.

We have seen plenty of animals show up in sports arenas, it wouldn't be all that surprising to see one of them alter a play. Or a human throwing something, could easily happen.

If you believe in aliens, that's possible just as well. If you're being a smartass about it, that is just as possible

< Message edited by marty -- 1/9/2019 3:18:44 PM >

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 740
RE: WEEK 17: vs Bears 12-30-18 3:25PM CT - 1/9/2019 3:44:35 PM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

Thanks for the clarification.

What if it were to go through, and a fan threw a whiskey bottle at it, and the ball went back through, still good ?

What if a fan throwing a snowball, a bird, or a drone hits the ball early in flight, do they re-kick it, or is it just an act of nature ?

I really don't know, in the EXCEEDINGLY UNLIKELY EVENT that any of these things happen...well I would think any fan interference (and that would have to be one helluva throw for a fan) they whistle the play dead and rekick. But I'm not sure.

All of us are entitled to our own opinion. None of us are entitled to our own facts. - Daniel Patrick Moynahan and Alan Page
Post #: 741
RE: WEEK 17: vs Bears 12-30-18 3:25PM CT - 1/9/2019 4:25:41 PM   
David Levine

quote:

We have seen plenty of animals show up in sports arenas, it wouldn't be all that surprising to see one of them alter a play. Or a human throwing something, could easily happen.

If you believe in aliens, that's possible just as well. If you're being a smartass about it, that is just as possible

Easily?

To knock a fast flying football out of the air from distance with a whisky bottle or snowball?
Post #: 742
RE: WEEK 17: vs Bears 12-30-18 3:25PM CT - 1/9/2019 7:05:32 PM   
marty

There are YouTube videos of people doing all kinds of things making what seem like impossible shots.

I am sure if someone practiced up with a snowball, let's say 4 people, got their timing down pretty good, they all throw at once, I think there is a pretty good chance one of them could hit a ball that was kicked.

Would the snowball effect the balls trajectory, doubtful, but it might. And that is just snowballs. People could use a drone, or maybe some other projectile we hadn't thought of using. I would not be surprised at all if something like this happens in the next 10 years, I lean towards the next 5.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 743
RE: WEEK 17: vs Bears 12-30-18 3:25PM CT - 1/9/2019 7:19:10 PM   
Todd M

quote:

quote:

Easily?

To knock a fast flying football out of the air from distance with a whisky bottle or snowball?

I could could probably hit one with 3 shots but changing the trajectory is a tough go.

Waking up.
Post #: 744
Page:   <<   < prev  26 27 28 29 [30]
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Game Day Talk >> RE: WEEK 17: vs Bears 12-30-18 3:25PM CT Page: <<   < prev  26 27 28 29 [30]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode