Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: 2019 Free Agents

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: Murph
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: 2019 Free Agents Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: 2019 Free Agents - 1/12/2019 10:14:31 AM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

quote:

In summary

Spielman is bad at drafting olineman

Our coaches are bad at developing Spielmans late round turd olineman

Does a particular scout or group of them deal strictly with OL?

Just tossing more people out there so you can post about firing them

Unsure regarding scouts

I know Studwell was head of scouting or something of the like but i think he was released.

I'm not advocating any firings but I reserve the right to change my mind.

I just want us to fix this damn sieve of an oline.

Here is the staff lineup, which I guess is current or recently was: https://www.vikings.com/team/front-office-roster/

No surprise they have a real estate guy way up the ladder.
Post #: 51
RE: 2019 Free Agents - 1/12/2019 11:01:54 AM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

In summary

Spielman is bad at drafting olineman

Our coaches are bad at developing Spielmans late round turd olineman

Does a particular scout or group of them deal strictly with OL?

Just tossing more people out there so you can post about firing them

Unsure regarding scouts

I know Studwell was head of scouting or something of the like but i think he was released.

I'm not advocating any firings but I reserve the right to change my mind.

I just want us to fix this damn sieve of an oline.

Here is the staff lineup, which I guess is current or recently was: https://www.vikings.com/team/front-office-roster/

No surprise they have a real estate guy way up the ladder.

A lot of fancy titles in there

MLB---Choose well and Championships will follow
Post #: 52
RE: 2019 Free Agents - 1/12/2019 11:26:17 AM   
Mark Anderson

Time to go for broke

Waynes for Osemele

Trade 1st rounder for A. Brown

Barr, Remmers, Rudy, Sendejo gone

Draft OLineman 2nd and 3rd round.

Re-structure who you need to make this happen.
Post #: 53
RE: 2019 Free Agents - 1/12/2019 11:31:18 AM   
Todd M

quote:

Trade 1st rounder for A. Brown

No thanks. Huge waste of resources. We don't need a 3rd #1 we need one talented young guy to be a solid #3.

Existential midlife crisis mode engaged.
Post #: 54
RE: 2019 Free Agents - 1/12/2019 11:34:50 AM   
Todd M

Whether or not you get rid of Rudolph...this offense needs one #3 WR and a TE that gives want Rudy can't. That's draft stock of 3rd to 5th, UDFA even...guys a year or 2 in but haven't stuck anyway.

I don't want to see a lot of resources spent him but expect the job to get done.

Existential midlife crisis mode engaged.
Post #: 55
RE: 2019 Free Agents - 1/12/2019 11:58:12 AM   
Phil Riewer

I see Fitz or Tate as our 3rd WR......leaning Fitz.

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 56
RE: 2019 Free Agents - 1/12/2019 12:23:18 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

Whether or not you get rid of Rudolph...this offense needs one #3 WR and a TE that gives want Rudy can't. That's draft stock of 3rd to 5th, UDFA even...guys a year or 2 in but haven't stuck anyway.

I don't want to see a lot of resources spent him but expect the job to get done.

I could see that (3th to 5th for them).

Would love OL, TE, OL but it pigeonholes things. Conversely, I don't believe them when they say they go BPA as their MO.

A mobile TE later. Perhaps LB gets a look in the second. Stuck on the interior OL x 2 early though since it was that bad.
Post #: 57
RE: 2019 Free Agents - 1/12/2019 3:18:10 PM   
bohumm

We need to acquire two starting interior OL (C or OG) BEFORE the draft, be it through FA or trade. We can't hope to fill three starting spots through the draft and what we currently have on the roster, and we don't know for sure if Elf is a starter long-term.

Act before the draft, or our operation is based on magical thinking, cotton-candy wishes, and unicorns.
Post #: 58
RE: 2019 Free Agents - 1/12/2019 4:52:22 PM   
The Happy Norseman

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

I'd be down with Tate. The guy was one of Detroit's main weapons, he had over 1k yards in 2017, before the trade and he's only 30. Fitz has had a great career, but at 35 his body is breaking down. Plus it sounds like he's going to retire.

A lineup of Thielen, Diggs and Tate would be one of, if not the best, WR combos in the league.

If the Cubs can win the World Series...
Post #: 59
RE: 2019 Free Agents - 1/12/2019 9:00:51 PM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: The Happy Norseman

quote:

I'd be down with Tate. The guy was one of Detroit's main weapons, he had over 1k yards in 2017, before the trade and he's only 30. Fitz has had a great career, but at 35 his body is breaking down. Plus it sounds like he's going to retire.

A lineup of Thielen, Diggs and Tate would be one of, if not the best, WR combos in the league.

I am thinking money and also they can manage his snap counts.

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 60
RE: 2019 Free Agents - 1/13/2019 12:59:44 AM   
bohumm

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: The Happy Norseman

quote:

I am thinking money and also they can manage his snap counts.

We can't afford Tate and Fitz sounds like he's staying in AZ or retiring, though he could come home for a year or two, and likely contribute.
Post #: 61
RE: 2019 Free Agents - 1/13/2019 9:42:06 AM   
Ian Joseph

I wouldnt even be dreaming about Tate wearing purple in a medically induced slumber. There is zero reason for him to take less money here, when he can sign with a team like San Francisco, make more money and be a primary receiver.

Fitz is 100% on him. But, hes repeatedly stated the importance of playing his entire career with one team, which ain't us. Now, if there is this childhood dream of his that (re)surfaced and he wants to play here, then fine. But, I wouldnt chase him as a front office nor would I focus on him as a fan.

Another third WR option should come from the draft. They're cheaper, probably faster than both options presented and you will control their rights for at least four years.

Hate the message, not the messenger.

Enjoy the process; crave the goal.

Believe.
Post #: 62
RE: 2019 Free Agents - 1/13/2019 11:18:39 AM   
Pager

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ian Joseph

I wouldnt even be dreaming about Tate wearing purple in a medically induced slumber. There is zero reason for him to take less money here, when he can sign with a team like San Francisco, make more money and be a primary receiver.

Fitz is 100% on him. But, hes repeatedly stated the importance of playing his entire career with one team, which ain't us. Now, if there is this childhood dream of his that (re)surfaced and he wants to play here, then fine. But, I wouldnt chase him as a front office nor would I focus on him as a fan.

Another third WR option should come from the draft. They're cheaper, probably faster than both options presented and you will control their rights for at least four years.

Agreed. Tate is a pipedream. Fitz doesn't really fit our need. He'd be an upgrade over Tread and Robison, but that isn't saying much.

We should be looking for a KeKe Coute type player in the 4th or so.

Left picking up the pieces.
Post #: 63
RE: 2019 Free Agents - 1/13/2019 11:26:35 AM   
thebigo

quote:

Probably wouldn't be THAT productive. Sure, maybe still an upgrade from Treadwell.
Post #: 64
RE: 2019 Free Agents - 1/13/2019 3:33:27 PM   
marty

I was impressed with a couple of the catches by Michael Gallup yesterday, but he isn't a free agent.

The Vikings seems to mostly need a good hands guy for 3rd downs, like Chris Walsh/Jarius Wright, but it wouldn't hurt if they could get some YAC as well like Tate, Sanu, Cobb, etc .... Tate will likely be too expensive.

There should be an overlooked WR out there that can fill this role.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 65
RE: 2019 Free Agents - 1/13/2019 3:41:22 PM   
Jeff Jesser

Beebe, when healthy, can be that guy. Can he stay healthy though?
Post #: 66
RE: 2019 Free Agents - 1/13/2019 6:11:20 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jeff Jesser

I love Beebe, but wonder if his lack of real athleticism can overcome his 100% grasp of fundamentals.

IMO he may be like Matt Kalil. Trained by the best, NFL connections, so he is above his peers but after that he gets exposed.

Still, Beebe HAS to be in the mix. Runs routes and catches. He and Treadwell are opposites. And Treadwell is delusional what with his good year comments. He was an EMBARRASSMENT!
Post #: 67
RE: 2019 Free Agents - 1/13/2019 6:54:40 PM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

quote:

I love Beebe, but wonder if his lack of real athleticism can overcome his 100% grasp of fundamentals.

IMO he may be like Matt Kalil. Trained by the best, NFL connections, so he is above his peers but after that he gets exposed

Still, Beebe HAS to be in the mix. Runs routes and catches. He and Treadwell are opposites. And Treadwell is delusional what with his good year comments. He was an EMBARRASSMENT!

I think Beebe will be able to exploit NFL defenders as a 3rd option.

But, will he be able to stay healthy playing in the middle of the field?
Post #: 68
RE: 2019 Free Agents - 1/13/2019 7:33:06 PM   
bohumm

I like WRs who can play both the slot and split wide, though we have two who can do that.
Post #: 69
RE: 2019 Free Agents - 1/13/2019 7:54:03 PM   
Bruce Johnson

quote:

Our team needs some explosiveness somewhere in the offensive lineup to put opposing defenses "on their heels" and to score from anywhere on the field. Is it a new second running back with some juice like Kalmara or is it a new third receiver who can stretch the fields like Tate? Still, we need to fix the offensive line. I admit that. I was a defender of selecting the stud cornerback in the first round, but not this time around. We have a nervous quarterback who lacks the ideal mobility.

I do think it is wonderful that football can bring people together from different persuasions. We need more of that and less of what divides us.
Post #: 70
RE: 2019 Free Agents - 1/13/2019 9:54:31 PM   
thebigo

quote:

Yo
Post #: 71
RE: 2019 Free Agents - 1/13/2019 9:55:27 PM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bruce Johnson

quote:

Our team needs some explosiveness somewhere in the offensive lineup to put opposing defenses "on their heels" and to score from anywhere on the field. Is it a new second running back with some juice like Kalmara or is it a new third receiver who can stretch the fields like Tate? Still, we need to fix the offensive line. I admit that. I was a defender of selecting the stud cornerback in the first round, but not this time around. We have a nervous quarterback who lacks the ideal mobility.

Hello?
Post #: 72
RE: 2019 Free Agents - 1/13/2019 9:57:34 PM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Anderson

quote:

quote:

IMO he may be like Matt Kalil. Trained by the best, NFL connections, so he is above his peers but after that he gets exposed

I think Beebe will be able to exploit NFL defenders as a 3rd option.

But, will he be able to stay healthy playing in the middle of the field?

Well he is a little guy.
Post #: 73
RE: 2019 Free Agents - 1/13/2019 9:59:56 PM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

quote:

Probably wouldn't be THAT productive. Sure, maybe still an upgrade from Treadwell.

Anybody get that one? Or are we all Martys?

< Message edited by thebigo -- 1/13/2019 10:02:02 PM >
Post #: 74
RE: 2019 Free Agents - 1/13/2019 11:03:32 PM   
marty

So are you trying to one up me bigo, or trying to one down me ?

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 75
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: 2019 Free Agents Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode