Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: 2019 NFL Draft

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: 2019 NFL Draft Page: <<   < prev  139 140 141 142 [143]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: 2019 NFL Draft - 5/12/2019 6:30:21 PM   
Bruce Johnson

An accolade for an undrafted Viking.

https://thevikingage.com/2019/05/11/minnesota-vikings-rookie-top-undrafted-nfl/

I do think it is wonderful that football can bring people together from different persuasions. We need more of that and less of what divides us.
Post #: 3551
RE: 2019 NFL Draft - 5/12/2019 6:53:56 PM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bruce Johnson

An accolade for an undrafted Viking.

https://thevikingage.com/2019/05/11/minnesota-vikings-rookie-top-undrafted-nfl/

Exciting stuff. One of the top 3 UDFA CBs.
Post #: 3552
RE: 2019 NFL Draft - 5/12/2019 7:23:28 PM   
Bruce Johnson

The bad news is that the Bears got three players from that list. For those that missed the link inside the link, (as I did) here it is.

https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/crabbs--2019-all-undrafted-team

I do think it is wonderful that football can bring people together from different persuasions. We need more of that and less of what divides us.
Post #: 3553
RE: 2019 NFL Draft - 5/12/2019 9:05:07 PM   
thebigo

quote:

The bad news is that the Bears got three players from that list. For those that missed the link inside the link, (as I did) here it is.

Odds are none of them make their roster
Post #: 3554
RE: 2019 NFL Draft - 5/12/2019 10:10:56 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

quote:

the Bears IIRC got Emmanuel Hall who was a very highly regarded WR. However, I'm not very concerned with them getting three players that weren't even drafted.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 3555
RE: 2019 NFL Draft - 5/12/2019 10:11:45 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

quote:

I bet one does and most likely it's Hall.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 3556
RE: 2019 NFL Draft - 5/12/2019 10:33:27 PM   
marty

The Bears are a well coached team that is lacking in talent.

Thankfully they don't have a QB that is a good passer, at least not yet.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 3557
RE: 2019 NFL Draft - 5/13/2019 7:42:26 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: marty

What? The Bears have a ton of talent....the reason they became so good is they added Robinson, Mack, and the TE we coveted last offseason. That put them over the top.

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 3558
RE: 2019 NFL Draft - 5/13/2019 8:47:05 AM   
kurt bilben

quote:

quote:

Kind of like the Rutgers CB has just about no chance to make our roster?
Post #: 3559
RE: 2019 NFL Draft - 5/13/2019 8:49:56 AM   
Bruce Johnson

quote:

ORIGINAL: kurt bilben

quote:

quote:

Since he gained a training camp roster spot by tryout, I do believe his chances are better than the other undrafted free agents.

Post #: 3560
RE: 2019 NFL Draft - 5/13/2019 8:50:34 AM   
kurt bilben

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

quote:

What? The Bears have a ton of talent....the reason they became so good is they added Robinson, Mack, and the TE we coveted last offseason. That put them over the top.

Not sure you add one player in Mack and completely change your narrative unless you had some talent to start with. I agree Phil.

That being said, the Khalil Mack trade is probably one of the best trades ever just simply in tangible results.
Post #: 3561
RE: 2019 NFL Draft - 5/13/2019 8:52:24 AM   
kgdabom

Last year Holton Hill was the only UDFA to make the Vikings 53 right?

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 3562
RE: 2019 NFL Draft - 5/13/2019 8:54:34 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

quote:

quote:

Not sure you add one player in Mack and completely change your narrative unless you had some talent to start with. I agree Phil.

That being said, the Khalil Mack trade is probably one of the best trades ever just simply in tangible results.

But they did pay a price in this years draft not having a pick until the third round. It's like the Vikings not getting Bradbury and/or Smith and Mack also used up a huge chunk of their cap.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 3563
RE: 2019 NFL Draft - 5/13/2019 8:57:01 AM   
kurt bilben

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Since he gained a training camp roster spot by tryout, I do believe his chances are better than the other undrafted free agents.

The only spot available I believe could be temporarily until Hill comes off suspension, and the CB out of Texas (Boyd) will get the first shot.
Post #: 3564
RE: 2019 NFL Draft - 5/13/2019 8:57:20 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: kgdabom

quote:

quote:

quote:

But they did pay a price in this years draft not having a pick until the third round. It's like the Vikings not getting Bradbury and/or Smith and Mack also used up a huge chunk of their cap.

How did the Jared Allen trade work for the Vikings?....Young DE like that are worth it. Pretty sure they would do it again....same for Dallas as they took off after they traded for Cooper.

< Message edited by Phil Riewer -- 5/13/2019 9:02:52 AM >

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 3565
RE: 2019 NFL Draft - 5/13/2019 8:59:33 AM   
kurt bilben

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Going from the cellar to North champions would not have happened waiting on the draft picks to “Maybe” work out.
Post #: 3566
RE: 2019 NFL Draft - 5/13/2019 9:16:37 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Going from the cellar to North champions would not have happened waiting on the draft picks to “Maybe” work out.

Completely true, but this draft we and Green Bay and Detroit were all able to make much more significant improvements than the Bears. I'm just saying they paid a price in this years draft. The Bears were better than us, but are they still better than us is a good question.

< Message edited by kgdabom -- 5/13/2019 9:17:54 AM >

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 3567
RE: 2019 NFL Draft - 5/13/2019 9:42:09 AM   
kurt bilben

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Completely true, but this draft we and Green Bay and Detroit were all able to make much more significant improvements than the Bears. I'm just saying they paid a price in this years draft. The Bears were better than us, but are they still better than us is a good question.

As much as most of us I think like our draft (I think) we have no idea who made “more significant improvements” from this draft?

It’s a crapshoot, and I’ll let you know in 2-3 years who improved the most.

The Mack trade had immediate results...

< Message edited by kurt bilben -- 5/13/2019 9:43:19 AM >
Post #: 3568
RE: 2019 NFL Draft - 5/13/2019 11:32:41 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

As much as most of us I think like our draft (I think) we have no idea who made “more significant improvements” from this draft?

It’s a crapshoot, and I’ll let you know in 2-3 years who improved the most.

The Mack trade had immediate results...

Of course the Mack trade had immediate results. They mortgaged the future to make it. IMO good move by the Bears.

I'm going to stake my draftnik reputation that this draft improved the Vikings more than the Bears draft improved them. I have supreme confidence in Bradbury greatly improving our O Line. I like just about every other move. Time will tell if I'm right or wrong.

< Message edited by kgdabom -- 5/13/2019 11:37:06 AM >

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 3569
RE: 2019 NFL Draft - 5/13/2019 5:57:53 PM   
thebigo

quote:

quote:

quote:

Exactly, odds are the 3rd best UDFA CB will not make our roster.
Post #: 3570
RE: 2019 NFL Draft - 5/18/2019 12:25:11 AM   
kgdabom

What Penny Hardaway has to say about Dillon Mitchell.

Hardaway on Mitchell: ‘Minnesota got a steal’
As a middle-school athlete, Vikings receiver Dillon Mitchell, drafted by Minnesota in the seventh round, was coached on the basketball court by NBA legend Penny Hardaway.
SKOR North’s Matthew Coller spoke earlier this week with Hardaway, who said he was “amazed” when he first saw Mitchell play football in 10th grade.
“I thought I was seeing a reincarnation of Reggie Bush, the way he was running kick returns and punt returns back for touchdowns,” Hardaway told Coller over the phone.
Coller wrote:
Mitchell was named Tennessee’s Gatorade Football Player of the Year as a senior. He caught 81 passes for 1,484 yards and 22 touchdowns. He also rushed for 951 yards and 20 more touchdowns on 64 carries.

The current head coach of the Memphis Tigers basketball team would have loved to have seen Mitchell continue his basketball career in college and advocated Mitchell playing both sports at Oregon, but it was clear to Mitchell’s mentor that football was the sport of choice.
“He was probably, in my mind, a four-star basketball player, five-star football player, and I think if he had focused strictly on basketball could have been a five-star basketball player,” Hardaway told Coller. “Pretty impressive. But he talked only about football. You’d have him over at AAU events, and he was still staying in tune with football.”
Hardaway was surprised to see Mitchell fall to the seventh round, saying he “dropped way too low with his talent.”
“I look at it this way: I say that Minnesota got a steal,” Hardaway said. “He’s going to prove a lot of people wrong; he’s more motivated than ever, and he’s going to prove a lot of people wrong.”

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 3571
RE: 2019 NFL Draft - 5/18/2019 7:35:16 AM   
Bruce Johnson

Of course this is way too early.

https://thevikingage.com/2019/05/18/6-potential-minnesota-vikings-2020-draft-needs/

Post #: 3572
RE: 2019 NFL Draft - 5/19/2019 2:00:12 AM   
Bruce Johnson

I don't subscribe to the Athletica, so I missed Arif's analysis of our draft. What stands out to me once again is Alexander Mattison. I hope he proves the Vikings to be shrewd talent evaluators. For me it was a bit of a head scratcher.

https://purpleptsd.com/2019-vikings-draft-by-the-numbers-and-big-boards-analysis/

< Message edited by Bruce Johnson -- 5/19/2019 9:48:49 AM >

Post #: 3573
Page:   <<   < prev  139 140 141 142 [143]
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: 2019 NFL Draft Page: <<   < prev  139 140 141 142 [143]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode