Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: 2019 Wolves offseason

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Timberwolves >> RE: 2019 Wolves offseason Page: <<   < prev  27 28 [29] 30 31   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: 2019 Wolves offseason - 8/13/2019 9:26:17 AM   
TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: McMurfy

quote:

ORIGINAL: twinsfan

quote:

ORIGINAL: twinsfan

If you had to have a team of players that are all the same height, is 6'7" the height you would choose?

Nobody answered this question. I think it's an interesting one.

6’7” or maybe 6’8” or even 6’6”

A Jordan team at 6’6” would win some games.

A Wes Johnson team at 6"6" would be a different story.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 701
RE: 2019 Wolves offseason - 8/14/2019 10:40:08 PM   
Bruce Johnson

We all know the Wolves need help with outside shooting.

https://twitter.com/leah_church3/status/1160360633868652545?s=19

"You're betraying your whole life if you don't say what you think--and you don't say it honestly and bluntly." --Charles Krauthammer
Post #: 702
RE: 2019 Wolves offseason - 8/20/2019 8:29:03 AM   
SoMnFan

Ouch
Reading one of those "Top 25" stories this morning
As in Top 25 most-overrated NBA players
Teague at 12
Towns at 9
Wiggins at 1

Lavine and Butler made the list too.
Wow.
That's about all I got. Wow.
Post #: 703
RE: 2019 Wolves offseason - 8/20/2019 8:33:12 AM   
TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: SoMnFan

Ouch
Reading one of those "Top 25" stories this morning
As in Top 25 most-overrated NBA players
Teague at 12
Towns at 9
Wiggins at 1

Lavine and Butler made the list too.
Wow.
That's about all I got. Wow.

I get that there are those who think Towns has been given credit for things not yet achieved, but #9 most overrated NBA player? That's just effin ridiculous. Even Wiggins at #1 is ridiculous. There are very few out there who think he is worth anything at this point.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 704
RE: 2019 Wolves offseason - 8/20/2019 8:44:45 AM   
SoMnFan

Yeah, I didn't necessarily agree, but its just one of those things that makes you go … damn, maybe we really are the old ClipShow.
Post #: 705
RE: 2019 Wolves offseason - 8/20/2019 8:52:37 AM   
TJSweens

quote:

Yeah, I didn't necessarily agree, but its just one of those things that makes you go … damn, maybe we really are the old ClipShow.

I know. The real problem is that we have a few of the most overpaid players in the NBA. That's where you can make a strong case for Wiggens as #1. This is a problem that needs to be fixed. The Woves wasted the KG era by constantly surrounding him with grossly overpaid mediocrity.

Post #: 706
RE: 2019 Wolves offseason - 8/20/2019 11:07:22 AM   
Karl Juhnke

quote:

ORIGINAL: TJSweens

quote:

I know. The real problem is that we have a few of the most overpaid players in the NBA. That's where you can make a strong case for Wiggens as #1. This is a problem that needs to be fixed. The Woves wasted the KG era by constantly surrounding him with grossly overpaid mediocrity.

Same with Teague. I don't see how he should be on an overrated list because does anyone really rate him that highly any more? His name is never even remotely mentioned in any discussion of top point guards.

Overpaid, but not overrated.

C’mon man
Post #: 707
RE: 2019 Wolves offseason - 8/23/2019 11:24:03 AM   
twinsfan

Looking back at the Kevin Love trade five years later

https://www.skornorth.com/wolves-2/2019/08/looking-back-at-the-kevin-love-trade-five-years-later/

55% of Republicans think the Earth is 5,000 years old. All kinds of people believe all kinds of crazy things. You just gotta move on, man.

-James Carville - 12/15/20 - The Beat with Ari Melber
Post #: 708
RE: 2019 Wolves offseason - 8/23/2019 12:43:15 PM   
David Levine

It was a bad trade the day we made it, and its managed to get worse over time.
Post #: 709
RE: 2019 Wolves offseason - 8/23/2019 4:05:54 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

It was a bad trade the day we made it, and its managed to get worse over time.

We should have kept Thad Young. I never understood dumping him. He is a quite good player. We could have done better with the picks.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 710
RE: 2019 Wolves offseason - 8/25/2019 4:35:31 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Karl Juhnke

quote:

quote:

Same with Teague. I don't see how he should be on an overrated list because does anyone really rate him that highly any more? His name is never even remotely mentioned in any discussion of top point guards.

Wiggins, definitely #1 overpaid. Which in a singular way translates to overrated. Probably add in being the #1 overall. Who knows, he is crap.

KAT though has no business being on that list.
Post #: 711
RE: 2019 Wolves offseason - 8/26/2019 9:17:49 AM   
ruffenach

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

quote:

Wiggins, definitely #1 overpaid. Which in a singular way translates to overrated. Probably add in being the #1 overall. Who knows, he is crap.

KAT though has no business being on that list.

Wiggins is over paid, he was over paid the day he was signed. The only choice is to make him a better player so he can be moved at the deadline and this is doubtful. If KAT had plays run for him and a decent point guard who can get the rock up court, he'd average 40 a night.
Post #: 712
RE: 2019 Wolves offseason - 8/26/2019 2:53:51 PM   
Karl Juhnke

My hope is to get Wiggins just productive enough and tantalizing enough that some desperate team will think they can get even more out of him and take him off our hands. He's untradeable now.

Even this is probably not possible, but I still have hope they can create just the right nurturing environment for him to get it done. You may say I'm a dreamer...

C’mon man
Post #: 713
RE: 2019 Wolves offseason - 8/26/2019 2:58:30 PM   
TJSweens

quote:

My hope is to get Wiggins just productive enough and tantalizing enough that some desperate team will think they can get even more out of him and take him off our hands. He's untradeable now.

Even this is probably not possible, but I still have hope they can create just the right nurturing environment for him to get it done. You may say I'm a dreamer...

Britt thinks it's possible to move Wiggins because there are still NBA organizations that are skeptical toward analytics and still very much in favor of the eye test. That's not to say Rosas could go out and fleece somebody, but he is moveable.

Post #: 714
RE: 2019 Wolves offseason - 8/26/2019 3:00:13 PM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

Britt thinks it's possible to move Wiggins because there are still NBA organizations that are skeptical toward analytics and still very much in favor of the eye test. That's not to say Rosas could go out and fleece somebody, but he is moveable.

And it would be awesome.

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 715
RE: 2019 Wolves offseason - 8/26/2019 3:18:39 PM   
David Levine

quote:

quote:

Britt also has thought Wiggins was salvageable up until last season - if not longer...
Post #: 716
RE: 2019 Wolves offseason - 8/26/2019 3:24:50 PM   
TJSweens

quote:

quote:

quote:

Britt also has thought Wiggins was salvageable up until last season - if not longer...

Britt has no delusions about what the Wolves could get out of the deal. He said in order to get something worthwhile, that Rosas would have to bring back a bad (even if less less bad) contract and or someone's else's problem child and or have to include a first round pick. Sounds like getting out from under the burdon of Wiggins would be a multi step process.

Post #: 717
RE: 2019 Wolves offseason - 8/26/2019 3:32:45 PM   
David Levine

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Britt has no delusions about what the Wolves could get out of the deal. He said in order to get something worthwhile, that Rosas would have to bring back a bad (even if less less bad) contract and or someone's else's problem child and or have to include a first round pick. Sounds like getting out from under the burdon of Wiggins would be a multi step process.

Sure. We've seen that ANY contract in the NBA is movable if you're willing to eat enough garbage.
Post #: 718
RE: 2019 Wolves offseason - 8/26/2019 3:45:52 PM   
TJSweens

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Sure. We've seen that ANY contract in the NBA is movable if you're willing to eat enough garbage.

Yep. The earliest Wiggins will reasonably be out of here is when there is only a year or two left on his contract.

Post #: 719
RE: 2019 Wolves offseason - 8/26/2019 3:49:39 PM   
David Levine

I mean we could probably trade him for John Wall right now.
Post #: 720
RE: 2019 Wolves offseason - 8/26/2019 3:51:00 PM   
TJSweens

quote:

That might actually be a deal where both teams lose.

Post #: 721
RE: 2019 Wolves offseason - 8/26/2019 4:24:31 PM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

Wow...Wall makes 14-15 million more than Wiggins. Would have to include Dieng in that deal.

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 722
RE: 2019 Wolves offseason - 8/26/2019 4:25:13 PM   
TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

Wow...Wall makes 14-15 million more than Wiggins. Would have to include Dieng in that deal.

Like I said, ... lose / lose.

Post #: 723
RE: 2019 Wolves offseason - 8/27/2019 7:12:58 AM   
ruffenach

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

There is no point in trading Wiggins now. Lose/lose is not going to help you win, ever.
Post #: 724
RE: 2019 Wolves offseason - 8/27/2019 1:46:20 PM   
Karl Juhnke

quote:

ORIGINAL: ruffenach

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

There is no point in trading Wiggins now. Lose/lose is not going to help you win, ever.

Correct. You keep him for at least this year and try to make something of him. No other option really.

C’mon man
Post #: 725
Page:   <<   < prev  27 28 [29] 30 31   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Timberwolves >> RE: 2019 Wolves offseason Page: <<   < prev  27 28 [29] 30 31   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode