Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Wild 2019/2020 Season

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Wild >> Wild 2019/2020 Season Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Wild 2019/2020 Season - 8/27/2019 10:28:59 AM   
Lynn G.

It's not that far away. Time to switch from a wrap-up of last year's events to a deep dive into this year's. Let's go crazy!

Put our country back in the hands of people who actually want to do things to help everyday citizens. Elect Democrats.
Post #: 1
RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season - 9/6/2019 9:48:26 AM   
SoMnFan

Question
Anyone seeing any Dumba reports?

I keep seeing get-togethers, I see lots of guys on the ice, for fundraisers, etc … I've seen no Dumba
I've heard no Dumba, I know no Dumba …… whats the dealio?
Post #: 2
RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season - 9/6/2019 2:07:23 PM   
Lynn G.

Dumba was in some pop-up ad I saw on my computer this morning announcing the upcoming season - so he must still be around. Other than that, he never answers my calls.

Put our country back in the hands of people who actually want to do things to help everyday citizens. Elect Democrats.
Post #: 3
RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season - 9/9/2019 6:10:44 PM   
stfrank

Brusso radio question to BB from a fan at the fair.

Question from 8-year-old fan Everett: What is your favorite hockey player on the Wild?

To me, Jared Spurgeon is the perfect athlete. If you’ve ever had somebody, it starts from the dressing room talks. When I’m talking in the dressing room, he’s following my eyes with his eyes, right away. So you know he’s paying attention to everything you say. He’s not looking at his skates, looking at his shin pads, looking in the air. He’s following you. And you know in practice that you could have him start any drill and he knows exactly what it is. He’s also, he plays 25 minutes a game. He doesn’t do it with any fanfare, but boy, he protects every defenseman he plays with. And he’s just a good, solid father. You know he has four kids, and they’re all bigger than him and they’re only eight. But he looks like he’s 15, and he’s got a great attitude every day. So it’s not hard to be attracted to Jared.

It’s funny because, when I first took this job, Chuck Fletcher told me, he says, “You know, you’re really going to like Jared Spurgeon, he’s a good player.” And I said, “OK.” Because it seems like nobody knows anything about anybody that plays on Minnesota, or in Minnesota. It just seems that way when you watch the NHL Tonight or whatever. So, the first day I walked in, and I walked by this guy, and we sort of bumped shoulders. And I said, “Excuse me.” And he walked by and he said, “I’m Jared Spurgeon.” I said, “Oh, holy geez!” Like, I mean I thought he was just some little kid running around the building. But I mean you get to know him in a hurry and a better human being you’ll never find.
Post #: 4
RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season - 9/10/2019 8:02:26 AM   
SoMnFan

Spurg visited our rink when it was new a couple years ago and hung out with our HS kids
They were all bigger than him
It opened their eyes to what's possible.
Incredible young man. Fun to see him get recognition. Especially from a notorious hard-ass like BB.
Toughness comes in many forms.
Post #: 5
RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season - 9/10/2019 1:05:52 PM   
twinsfan

My favorite Wild player is Jason Zucker, if anyone cares.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 6
RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season - 9/10/2019 1:11:07 PM   
TJSweens

After nearly 100 games last season, Wild winger Jordan Greenway eager for more

By Sarah McLellan Star Tribune SEPTEMBER 9, 2019 — 11:13PM

It was the most hockey he’d ever jammed into a season: Eighty-one games in the NHL and another 16 in the American Hockey League, 11 of which were in the Calder Cup Playoffs.

But once 2018-19 finally wrapped for Wild winger Jordan Greenway in May, the 22-year-old didn’t spend the summer resting up from a rigorous 97-game slate.

After a brief break, he got right back to work to prepare for his sophomore season — a return to the Wild that Greenway expects to be boosted by the workload he managed a year ago.

“It was a good experience for me, for sure, both up here and down in Des Moines,” Greenway said. “Overall, I learned a lot from all 100 games or whatever it was. I think it’s definitely going to help me for this year and the future.”

While Greenway experienced a preview of the NHL in 2017-18 after leaving Boston University to turn pro, last season was his first full-length season with the Wild.

His rookie term started out slowly, but after a quick detour to the minors to rebuild his confidence, Greenway began to produce and ended up with 12 goals and 24 points. He had three goals and 11 points with Iowa.

Greenway described the season as a grind, both physically and mentally, but he felt he adjusted well to the jump in games. He played only 36 in his final college season.

As he did last summer, he trained the past few months with a lengthy playoff run in mind.

Just three weeks after he stopped playing, a lull that included a golf trip to California, Greenway started working out. He focused on maintaining his playing weight of 225 pounds rather than starting at 230 or 235 pounds and then trimming down in training camp like he has in the past, a tweak he hopes will help his quickness.

“I’m really excited,” Greenway said. “I can’t wait to get to the first regular-season game.”

Tryout time

Right winger Drew Stafford parlayed a professional tryout into a contract with the Devils last season, and he’ll have the chance to do the same with the Wild this year after the team invited him to camp.

“Good opportunity to come in and just play how I know I can play,” Stafford said. “Maybe get an opportunity to play with some pretty good players and show a little bit of an offensive side.”

Stafford logged more of a depth role with New Jersey, chipping in five goals and 13 points in 57 games in 2018-19, but he believes he can still be a sparkplug for goals — which Stafford had a knack for earlier in his career when he eclipsed 15 seven times.

What could help the 33-year-old’s bid at a job with the Wild is the comfort level he already has with his surroundings. Stafford, who has lived in Edina with his family for the past six years, has been participating in the team’s informal skates at TRIA Rink in St. Paul.

“While it’s a new organization and a fresh start,” Stafford said, “there’s a little bit of that familiarity here.”

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 7
RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season - 9/11/2019 9:54:41 AM   
MDK

FSN and KFAN is having Paul Allen fill in for a part time gig as announcer for Wild Games????????????????

http://www.startribune.com/kfan-s-paul-allen-will-pinch-hit-on-wild-radio-play-by-play-duties/559961782/

The Wild juggled its television and radio broadcasters a bit for the 2019-20 season.

Fox Sports North play-by-play announcer Anthony LaPanta will be joined by a rotation of color analysts including Mike Greenlay, who had the job on basically a full-time basis in the past. Other analysts in the rotation will be Lou Nanne, Ryan Carter and Wes Walz. Kevin Gorg will continue as sideline reporter and Audra Martin will host Wild Live pregame and postgame shows with rotating analysts Tom Chorske, Ben Clymer, Greenlay and Walz.

Bob Kurtz, the radio voice of the Wild for its entire history, will reduce his schedule of road games on KFAN. The team announced guest play-by-play announcers on the road will include Vikings play-by-play man Paul Allen along with Bob FM’s Jim Erickson, studio host Kevin Falness and Iowa Wild broadcaster Joe O’Donnell. Tom Reid will continue as radio analyst.

The Wild also announced the start time for their home game Saturday, Oct. 12 against the Penguins has been moved to 7:30 p.m.

Paul Allen.......

MAGA needs to change to MAWA= Make America White Again

Tom Smothers RIP: Easter "is when Jesus comes out of his tomb and if he sees his shadow, he goes back in and we get six more weeks of winter."
Post #: 8
RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season - 9/11/2019 10:52:38 AM   
stfrank

quote:

ORIGINAL: MDK

FSN and KFAN is having Paul Allen fill in for a part time gig as announcer for Wild Games????????????????

http://www.startribune.com/kfan-s-paul-allen-will-pinch-hit-on-wild-radio-play-by-play-duties/559961782/

The Wild juggled its television and radio broadcasters a bit for the 2019-20 season.

Fox Sports North play-by-play announcer Anthony LaPanta will be joined by a rotation of color analysts including Mike Greenlay, who had the job on basically a full-time basis in the past. Other analysts in the rotation will be Lou Nanne, Ryan Carter and Wes Walz. Kevin Gorg will continue as sideline reporter and Audra Martin will host Wild Live pregame and postgame shows with rotating analysts Tom Chorske, Ben Clymer, Greenlay and Walz.

Bob Kurtz, the radio voice of the Wild for its entire history, will reduce his schedule of road games on KFAN. The team announced guest play-by-play announcers on the road will include Vikings play-by-play man Paul Allen along with Bob FM’s Jim Erickson, studio host Kevin Falness and Iowa Wild broadcaster Joe O’Donnell. Tom Reid will continue as radio analyst.

The Wild also announced the start time for their home game Saturday, Oct. 12 against the Penguins has been moved to 7:30 p.m.

Paul Allen.......

I can hear it now when someone gets a breakaway.......and he's loose! LOL
Post #: 9
RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season - 9/11/2019 10:55:01 AM   
TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: stfrank

quote:

Paul Allen.......

Well, somebody had to make LaPanta sound smart. Not sure Allen will do it though.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 10
RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season - 9/11/2019 11:56:33 AM   
SoMnFan

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Post #: 11
RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season - 9/11/2019 11:59:08 AM   
SoMnFan

Just when things can't get worse.
They go and double down
Post #: 12
RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season - 9/11/2019 12:02:58 PM   
TJSweens

Here is the one I know we have all been anxiously waiting for .... the Wild signed Kevin Fiala to a 2 year $6 million deal.

Post #: 13
RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season - 9/11/2019 12:16:53 PM   
SoMnFan

quote:

ORIGINAL: TJSweens

Here is the one I know we have all been anxiously waiting for .... the Wild signed Kevin Fiala to a 2 year $6 million deal.

WHEW!

Legit Cup contenders now, baby.
Post #: 14
RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season - 9/11/2019 12:20:41 PM   
TJSweens

What cup is that?

Post #: 15
RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season - 9/11/2019 12:23:38 PM   
SoMnFan

quote:

ORIGINAL: TJSweens

What cup is that?

Ye olde annual Green/White intra-squad scrimmage Cup, duhhhhhhhh!
Post #: 16
RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season - 9/11/2019 12:36:03 PM   
SoMnFan

TRAVERSE CITY, Mich. - Four Blackhawks prospects were injured in Tuesday's finale at the 2019 Traverse City Prospect Tournament vs. Minnesota, including their two top prospects, Adam Boqvist and Kirby Dach.
Forwards Philipp Kurashev and Mikael Hakkarainen also left the game in the second period and did not return.
Blackhawks VP of hockey operations/team affiliates Mark Bernard confirmed after the game that all four players sustained "minor" injuries and "it's pointing in that direction" that each of them will be ready when training camp starts on Friday, but the team will reassess things on Wednesday.
"It's more precautionary than ever," Bernard said. "They've had a long week here in Traverse City. They show up Wednesday night in Chicago, they practice once on Thursday, they travel here and then four games in five days isn't easy for these guys and they got training camp ahead of them so we want to make sure they're ready for that. It was more precautionary that we held those guys out."
Dach left in the first period with a shoulder injury while Boqvist suffered a bruised chest in the second period after falling awkwardly into the boards. Neither player returned to the game.
Kurashev's injury was a scary one. He went into the boards hard and stayed down for a while before leaving the ice with a trainer. Wild forward Damien Giroux was ejected for boarding on the play.
Hakkarainen left in the second after taking a stick up high and losing a few teeth. He also experienced some dizziness, but Bernard said: "He's fine, but wanted to be sure."
"It's scary to see anyone when they go down injured," Bernard said. "This is a tournament where you want the top prospects playing in and you don't want to see injuries happen to anybody, especially when it's your own prospect. We've got four guys that didn't finish the game and we're very glad that none of them are injuries that are going to keep them out long term."
Post #: 17
RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season - 9/14/2019 2:02:29 PM   
Phil Riewer

BREAKING: Jared Spurgeon has signed a 7-year, $53.025 million extension, the highest cap hit in #mnwild history at $7.575 million.

The contract starts in 2020-21

STORY>>>

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 18
RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season - 9/14/2019 3:57:25 PM   
Jeff Jesser

Finally a good move by this org. I don't like the NTC at the end though. Do we not learn (even though this is probably the smartest one)?
Post #: 19
RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season - 9/14/2019 9:59:05 PM   
TJSweens

Spurgeon signed a 7 year contract extension.

Post #: 20
RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season - 9/14/2019 10:02:36 PM   
Jeff Jesser

Let the shit talking commence.
Post #: 21
RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season - 9/14/2019 10:17:29 PM   
bstinger

I'm not an NHL contact genius and I know he's good, but that seems like a lot, for a long time, for a very good, not Great D.

"You guys are true athletes!"

--twinsfan
Post #: 22
RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season - 9/15/2019 12:37:07 AM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: stfrank

quote:

Paul Allen.......

The shot is up... he missed it left!
Post #: 23
RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season - 9/15/2019 8:00:06 AM   
SoMnFan

Guerin understands
BB understands
Great to keep this kid
All he is
Is reliable durable tough talented and invaluable
As was said
Let the bitching begin

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 24
RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season - 9/15/2019 8:27:00 AM   
stfrank

No bitching here.
Love that Spurgeon will spend his entire career as a Wild.
As much as I dislike those pesky NTC contracts, I understand the team has to make that commitment to their top players.
Spurgeon got what he earned and the contract is in line with the other top D-men in the league.
Now we need to find someone who can help in the scoring department.
Go Wild!!
Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Wild >> Wild 2019/2020 Season Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode