Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Wild >> RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season Page: <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season - 10/10/2019 9:43:33 PM   
SoMnFan

Don’t pull the goalie you dumbass

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 151
RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season - 10/10/2019 9:46:46 PM   
stfrank

40 shots gets us 2 goals......
Just another normal Wild game.
Post #: 152
RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season - 10/10/2019 9:51:17 PM   
SoMnFan

LaPamta gushing about it tho
Gee we played great!
How sad is that.

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 153
RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season - 10/10/2019 9:57:45 PM   
SoMnFan

Jeezus.
They’re pumping this team up
They’re 0-3.
Grow up

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 154
RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season - 10/11/2019 7:09:08 AM   
stfrank

Looking like a very long season for the Wild this year.
Hard to watch a team that can do pretty much everything well except the one thing it takes to win....
Put the damn puck in the net!
Post #: 155
RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season - 10/11/2019 8:44:07 AM   
TJSweens

I'm getting downright optimistic. This may be the year, we finally go down the shitter and get a top 5 pick.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 156
RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season - 10/11/2019 9:53:46 AM   
SoMnFan

Three legitimate SCORERS for the Jets THREE
We have NONE

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 157
RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season - 10/11/2019 9:56:25 AM   
TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: SoMnFan

Three legitimate SCORERS for the Jets THREE
We have NONE

Hey we have guys who score ... you know ... when the puck hits them in the ass .... and caroms into the net ... sort of ...

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 158
RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season - 10/11/2019 10:05:39 AM   
ronhextall

Cheapest I have ever seen Wild tickets on StubHub. Only good news I can find.
Post #: 159
RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season - 10/11/2019 10:10:43 AM   
TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: ronhextall

Cheapest I have ever seen Wild tickets on StubHub. Only good news I can find.

How much are they paying people to take them?

Post #: 160
RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season - 10/11/2019 10:18:31 AM   
SoMnFan

At least we'll always be able to see one legitimate NHL team.

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 161
RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season - 10/11/2019 11:03:39 AM   
TJSweens

Rand pretty well hits it on the head for me ...

It's a shame Paul Fenton isn't here to see the Wild mess he helped make

The 0-3 Wild are a mish-mash of ill-fitting parts starting a season that could go off the rails in a hurry. It's a mess that former general manager Paul Fenton accelerated in the year he held that job before his sudden firing.
By Michael Rand

It’s been barely two months since the Wild abruptly fired general manager Paul Fenton only a little over a year into his tenure, replacing him a few weeks later with Bill Guerin.
The timing of it all, deep into the NHL offseason and with the Wild’s major free agency decisions and draft already done, was bound to make 2019-20 a strange season.

Guerin was another fresh set of eyes — to borrow a phrase used when Fenton was hired — and it stood to reason he would be re-evaluating (and adding input to) not just the decisions made by Fenton but also the players who skated out of the playoffs under Chuck Fletcher’s watch just 18 months ago.

The result of a lot of old parts blended with the new vision that helped get Fenton fired, all being overseen by a new regime with new ideas … well, it hasn’t been pretty so far.

Our Sarah McLellan captured the spirit of the Wild’s latest 5-2 stumble at Winnipeg (and really its entire 0-3 start) quite nicely when describing it as a “jumble of fragmented efforts.” The lines don’t seem to make much sense no matter how they are arranged. Devan Dubnyk hasn’t been particularly sharp.

There’s enough talent to generate moments of optimism, and yes it’s fair to point out all three losses were on the road and that a lot of young players are getting major minutes, but Bruce Boudreau is right: “We do a lot of good things right for a lot of the games. We just haven’t been able to complete it.”

That’s what mediocre and downright bad teams do, and the Wild sure looks like one or the other — a team in transition, a mish-mash of ill-fitting parts, a season that could go off the rails in a hurry.

What’s also true is that, if we were being honest, this is about how the 2019-20 Wild was likely to look regardless of whether Fenton or Guerin was in charge. Maybe this will bring the Wild closer to the thing that owner Craig Leipold has consistently resisted: something resembling a real rebuild. Perhaps what seems like the inevitable short-term pain of this season will bring better days ahead under Guerin’s watch once he’s able to fully assess things and chart a course.

What’s most true, though, is this: It’s strange in the moment that Guerin was left to preside over the puzzle that Fenton inherited and the mess he accelerated.
It’s almost a shame Fenton isn’t here to watch it up close like the rest of us.

Post #: 162
RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season - 10/11/2019 11:06:35 AM   
Jeff Jesser

Typical. Blame it all on Fenton. Our high priced superstars were really lighting the world on fire before he got here. He was/is crap but lets start calling out the max players who have sucked for years.
Post #: 163
RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season - 10/11/2019 11:32:07 AM   
kevinemmer

quote:

ORIGINAL: stfrank

Looking like a very long season for the Wild this year.
Hard to watch a team that can do pretty much everything well except the one thing it takes to win....
Put the damn puck in the net!

(and keep the puck out of our net..)
Post #: 164
RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season - 10/11/2019 11:34:44 AM   
kevinemmer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jeff Jesser

Typical. Blame it all on Fenton. Our high priced superstars were really lighting the world on fire before he got here. He was/is crap but lets start calling out the max players who have sucked for years.

YUP

Koivu
Dubes
Parise
Zucks
Now Dumba (gonna be minus champ this year I would bet)

< Message edited by kevinemmer -- 10/11/2019 11:37:27 AM >
Post #: 165
RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season - 10/11/2019 11:40:27 AM   
TJSweens

quote:

Rand is talking about the combined mismash of Fenton and Fletch, not just Fenton.

The result of a lot of old parts blended with the new vision that helped get Fenton fired, all being overseen by a new regime with new ideas … well, it hasn’t been pretty so far.

Our Sarah McLellan captured the spirit of the Wild’s latest 5-2 stumble at Winnipeg (and really its entire 0-3 start) quite nicely when describing it as a “jumble of fragmented efforts.” The lines don’t seem to make much sense no matter how they are arranged. Devan Dubnyk hasn’t been particularly sharp

Post #: 166
RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season - 10/11/2019 12:01:51 PM   
twinsfan

quote:

ORIGINAL: kevinemmer

quote:

YUP

Koivu
Dubes
Parise
Zucks

If they don't have the skills to live up to their contracts, that's on management, not the players.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 167
RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season - 10/11/2019 12:51:22 PM   
Mr. Ed

As a not very engaged hockey person

I feel for you all

This looks very discouraging
Long winter ahead
Like the Wolves

Escape while you can!
Post #: 168
RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season - 10/11/2019 8:48:37 PM   
Jeff Jesser

quote:

ORIGINAL: TJSweens

quote:

Rand is talking about the combined mismash of Fenton and Fletch, not just Fenton.

Our Sarah McLellan captured the spirit of the Wild’s latest 5-2 stumble at Winnipeg (and really its entire 0-3 start) quite nicely when describing it as a “jumble of fragmented efforts.” The lines don’t seem to make much sense no matter how they are arranged. Devan Dubnyk hasn’t been particularly sharp

Let me change it then becuase the point still stands.

"Typical. Blame it all on Fenton and Fletcher."
Post #: 169
RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season - 10/11/2019 8:51:16 PM   
Jeff Jesser

quote:

ORIGINAL: twinsfan

quote:

quote:

YUP

Koivu
Dubes
Parise
Zucks

If they don't have the skills to live up to their contracts, that's on management, not the players.

Before it's pointed out. This is absolutely true too. We have "rewarded" guys with contracts they don't deserve. I can't blame Parise for taking that contract. He would have been an idiot not too. What I was trying to say is that the TC's media needs to stop putting all the blame on our GM's and start calling out the players themselves. It's a very "Sid" thing…….can't call out the guys I interview otherwise I have nobody to quote.
Post #: 170
RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season - 10/11/2019 8:53:17 PM   
Jeff Jesser

And, what a kick in the ass. 3 games in and you already realize your fears during the offseason are real. No chance you sniff the playoffs (let alone a cup ). We suck and I'm not sure the guys that are being to care actually do.

You almost start to wonder if Fenton was being such an a-hole that he was trying to rub the NTC guys so badly they would finally agree to waive them so he could trade their shitty contracts and start over.

< Message edited by Jeff Jesser -- 10/11/2019 8:55:20 PM >
Post #: 171
RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season - 10/12/2019 8:06:06 AM   
TJSweens

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: twinsfan

quote:

quote:

YUP

Koivu
Dubes
Parise
Zucks

Before it's pointed out. This is absolutely true too. We have "rewarded" guys with contracts they don't deserve. I can't blame Parise for taking that contract. He would have been an idiot not too. What I was trying to say is that the TC's media needs to stop putting all the blame on our GM's and start calling out the players themselves. It's a very "Sid" thing…….can't call out the guys I interview otherwise I have nobody to quote.

It really starts with Leo imo. I love that he is uber competitive and wants badly to win. Unfortunately it has led him to stick his nose in at bad times. He was the driving force behind the Parise and Suter contracts. Fletch wanted to build through the draft and bringing in young players. Leo was too impatient for that. Add those 2 deals to the bad contract Mikko already had and they were boxed in salary cap wise for 10 years.

Post #: 172
RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season - 10/12/2019 8:29:41 AM   
SoMnFan

I took untold shit from my hockey buddies for years because I felt Fletcher BUILT the Penguins, thought he had a lot to do with their success.
I was thrilled we got him.
Then I spent years defending him and puzzled by him.
Good point on him tho …. he's now being allowed to rebuild in Philly the way he wants … lets see what the 2-3 years bring there.
If he gets it done there, then he IS what I thought he was. And maybe his time here was derailed by an overzealous owner.
Will be an interesting watch for sure.

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 173
RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season - 10/12/2019 9:58:18 AM   
stfrank

quote:

I took untold shit from my hockey buddies for years because I felt Fletcher BUILT the Penguins, thought he had a lot to do with their success.
Good point on him tho …. he's now being allowed to rebuild in Philly the way he wants … lets see what the 2-3 years bring there.
If he gets it done there, then he IS what I thought he was. And maybe his time here was derailed by an overzealous owner.

This time Fletcher is starting with a cupboard full of young talent that Hextall is responsible for. What Fletcher does going forward will be interesting for sure. How many expensive NTC contracts will he make there? Or did he learn his lesson finally?
Post #: 174
RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season - 10/12/2019 10:02:11 AM   
SoMnFan

quote:

ORIGINAL: stfrank

quote:

This time Fletcher is starting with a cupboard full of young talent that Hextall is responsible for. What Fletcher does going forward will be interesting for sure. How many expensive NTC contracts will he make there? Or did he learn his lesson finally?

Watch Behind the Glass if you can on the NHL network
They are being given inside access to the program there
Love those type of shows.
Fletcher fell in love with Chris Stewart here and brought him in this preseason to make everyone work hard there.
Interesting stuff. It was Stewarts last kick at the can.
Fletchers dealing with a really headstrong coach there now. Could be a real explosive marriage.

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 175
Page:   <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Wild >> RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season Page: <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode