Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Wild >> RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season Page: <<   < prev  67 68 69 70 [71]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season - 5/21/2020 9:30:55 AM   
SoMnFan

the more I've thought about it …
Fire up asap, in empty buildings around the country
Each division should play a youth-styled double-elim tourney over a 4-day weekend
the winners move on
would only take a couple weekends, and you have a winner.
Wouldn't have to affect next years training camps that way. (hopefully by then)
I'd watch
But I'd also be perfectly fine with them scrapping 2020.

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 1751
RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season - 5/21/2020 12:59:43 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: TJSweens

I don't dispute that, but we are dealing with Bettman's NHL. Bad decisions is kind of him MO.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 1752
RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season - 5/21/2020 2:29:41 PM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: SoMnFan

the more I've thought about it …
Fire up asap, in empty buildings around the country
Each division should play a youth-styled double-elim tourney over a 4-day weekend
the winners move on
would only take a couple weekends, and you have a winner.
Wouldn't have to affect next years training camps that way. (hopefully by then)
I'd watch
But I'd also be perfectly fine with them scrapping 2020.

Need something to watch and talk about.....baseball is coming soon (I hope)

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 1753
RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season - 5/21/2020 6:11:51 PM   
kgdabom

Wild in the Playoffs

According to Sportsnet's Elliotte Friedman and Chris Johnston, the NHL and NHLPA are "working on a 24-team conference-based playoff setup."
Previous reports suggested that teams would play a number of "regular season" games in hub cities before launching into a postseason tournament, but it sounds like the "Return to Play” Committee is now embracing a more creative approach. As outlined by Friedman and Johnston, the top four seeds in the East for this conference-based 24-team playoff bracket would be Boston, Tampa Bay, Washington, and Philadelphia. The top four seeds in the West would be St. Louis, Colorado, Vegas, and Dallas. They would all receive byes through the play-in round, with 16 teams remaining for a best-of-five "opening round." After that, the series would all be best-of-sevens. The teams and players still have to approve the proposal, but there are said to be discussions happening on Thursday.

SOURCE: Sportsnet.ca
May 21, 2020, 3:01 PM ET

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 1754
RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season - 5/21/2020 6:34:53 PM   
stfrank

I don't see this going over well for the players on the Wild. A large portion of our team are vets with families. The odds of them wanting to leave their families for 2-3 months to play hockey in empty arenas in these strange times just doesn't make sense. I have heard Dubnyk say he is not at all interested in that, and Staal just said pretty much the same thing when asked about it on WCCO news tonight. What happens when 1 player on the team gets infected? Quarantine the entire team for a month in some yet to be decided city? How about the team they are playing? Quarantine them too? Who plays then? Just way too many questions if you ask me.
Post #: 1755
RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season - 5/22/2020 7:21:13 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: stfrank
I don't see this going over well for the players on the Wild. A large portion of our team are vets with families. The odds of them wanting to leave their families for 2-3 months to play hockey in empty arenas in these strange times just doesn't make sense. I have heard Dubnyk say he is not at all interested in that, and Staal just said pretty much the same thing when asked about it on WCCO news tonight. What happens when 1 player on the team gets infected? Quarantine the entire team for a month in some yet to be decided city? How about the team they are playing? Quarantine them too? Who plays then? Just way too many questions if you ask me.

Dubes has a wife that was ill so he isn't/wasn't interested even if nothing had happened. Staal surprises me as he is getting up there. This could be the weird year we make a run. (if we are in the playoffs)

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 1756
RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season - 5/22/2020 8:52:30 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

quote:

Dubes has a wife that was ill so he isn't/wasn't interested even if nothing had happened. Staal surprises me as he is getting up there. This could be the weird year we make a run. (if we are in the playoffs)

With 24 teams I don't see how not.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 1757
RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season - 5/22/2020 8:58:07 AM   
stfrank

quote:

ORIGINAL: kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

quote:

With 24 teams I don't see how not.

If this scenario with 24 teams does somehow get implemented, I expect to see plenty of call-ups from AHL feeder teams in short order.
Post #: 1758
RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season - 6/2/2020 8:10:48 AM   
twinsfan

On September 28, 2017, before a preseason season game versus the Florida Panthers, Brown raised his fist during the U.S. national anthem, in an attempt to "bring awareness to police brutality and inequality for minorities." He did the same on an October 7 game also against the Panthers, becoming the first NHL player to protest during the anthem in a regular season game. He stated that he had "received death threats" after the protest. In the week following, he and a few teammates met with members of the Tampa Police Department after receiving an invitation from the interim police chief. On October 18, Brown announced that he would no longer raise a fist during the anthem, but would continue to work to bring awareness around issues of police brutality and other racial inequalities and injustices. He also plans on continuing to work with the police department

----------------------------------------

Why shouldn't he be able to raise his fist during the anthem? Look! He was right! Hope he raises it again.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 1759
Page:   <<   < prev  67 68 69 70 [71]
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Wild >> RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season Page: <<   < prev  67 68 69 70 [71]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode