Been amazing to watch this thing fall apart
Everythings swirling today
You heard it here first … BB doesn't make the week.
Russo went back to being whiny Russo.
Turned out a story yesterday about Donato being the nicest guy on the planet, and this week a kid hung around him for one of those special visit type of things …
Anyway, Russo and "Wild fans" are now livid that Donato was scratched.
I get it.
I know how it looks.
But ……. if we are truly trying to be good, does that type of thing matter? We owe Donato what?
The only thing I can say I agree with is that RASK got the nod, and that's wrong too.
But as far as "Donato should have played because he had a sick kid visiting him" …… nope. Nope. Nope.
As much as I want to dumpster fire this thing, I actually switched gears and saw positives.
* lets not kid ourselves. Everything, really. Came in with a piss poor attitude and left worse
* horrific lack of scorers. 4-5 chances at least in the first period should have been put in the net
* horrific goaltending. One of your goalies worst outings, ever. Childish attitude, along with no athleticism and no vision, makes you an awful goalie. Embarrassing night.
* sorry, but Zucker is my whipping boy. He's sickening to watch. Celebrated his tip-in goal like it won the Stanley Cup. Makes you look like a me-only selfish prick. Had two open nets when it was 6-4 late and whiffed on both.
* a couple truly professional grinders. Foligno and Hartman and Ek got better as the play got dirtier. Penguins remind me of the old 49er dynasty team. Looked at as finesse, but full of guys who will cut your achilles to win. And only a handful of our guys responded.
* not usually a Kunin fan, but I loved his late goal and his reaction to it. The anti-Zucker. Get out of my face, Get to the face off dot, this is embarrassing.
* Zuccarello is a real NHL player. Can play with anyone. He'll settle in here.
* Loved the lineup out there late while still trying to win. Foligno, Hartman, Hunt, Spurgeon. The homers made note of it …. no Parise, no Suter, No Staal. About time.
Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.