Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  255 256 [257] 258 259   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/11/2020 9:36:40 AM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ragnarök

Shows just how much Rodgers is in Zimmers head... Anything to win a couple of games against Green Bay a year... Weak minded desperation play to save his job, get some inside info on Aaron form former coach who faced his every day in practice...

Zimmer is as clueless as his antiquated cronies he has put togther to man the Viking longboat this year... This voyage is looking like a funeral pire unfortunately...

BTW Capers is huge proponent of the 3-4 defense, so WTF gives here? What does bringing in a coach who preaches a completely different scheme do for your team as a Senior Assistant? Makes perfect sense I guess to Zimmer...

Just a guess but haven't we held Rodgers in check the last 5-6 games or so.
Post #: 6401
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/11/2020 9:38:51 AM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: beo

Could Dom get Zim to rush Barr and Hunter at the same time?

Feel the excitement.

Are we switching to a 3-4?

(Has Dom coached anything else?)

Zimmer is still the defacto defensive lead here.
What Dom can bring is decades of experience and maybe adding a few wrinkles from a 3-4 defense will add some unpredictability for opposing OCs.

they are not standing still, and that is a good thing.

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 6402
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/11/2020 10:21:16 AM   
Daniel Lee Young

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lars

Nagy? K Shanahan? McVay? McDaniels? Etc....

Bellicheck. Reid.

yeah....these new young guys are schooling the old guys.....

Relax.

I had to 5 star this post ...

Even though it invokes an erin Rodgers quote....

"Thou shall not bear false witness”
I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 6403
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/11/2020 10:22:26 AM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trekgeekscott

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: beo

Could Dom get Zim to rush Barr and Hunter at the same time?

Feel the excitement.

Are we switching to a 3-4?

(Has Dom coached anything else?)

Zimmer is still the defacto defensive lead here.
What Dom can bring is decades of experience and maybe adding a few wrinkles from a 3-4 defense will add some unpredictability for opposing OCs.

they are not standing still, and that is a good thing.

The Zimmer is a Dictator crowd now unhappy that he is bringing in someone with different scheme ideas.

Also, Kubiak has been pretty successful when he has full control.

One last thing, the reason Capers sucked in GB the last few years is because they(Front Office) ignored the defense.
Post #: 6404
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/11/2020 10:27:52 AM   
bohumm

quote:

ORIGINAL: jbusse

quote:

ORIGINAL: Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lars

Nagy? K Shanahan? McVay? McDaniels? Etc....

Bellicheck. Reid.

yeah....these new young guys are schooling the old guys.....

Relax.

Sure, if you have an old guy that not only changes with the league, but is usually at the forefront of said changes.

Nothing about our "Golden Guys" cast of coaching seems to fit in that box.

So which one will be the guy to date Blanche Devereaux?

Apparently not Zimmer:

https://twitter.com/barstooltweetss/status/1225212769198395392

I'd bet Zim just continually plows straight ahead, suffers in time management, and only goes for it on her side of the bed......
Post #: 6405
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/11/2020 11:34:39 AM   
Jeff Jesser

The Capers hire feels to me like just like the Kubiak hire last year. Make sure Stefanski doesn't f'up

He's playing Richard to Zimmer's kid (Tommy boy).
Post #: 6406
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/11/2020 12:04:58 PM   
TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jeff Jesser

The Capers hire feels to me like just like the Kubiak hire last year. Make sure Stefanski doesn't f'up

It feels to me like this coaching staff needs an enema.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 6407
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/11/2020 12:39:02 PM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: TJSweens

quote:

I find it very interesting that they hired a Defensive consultant that is an expert in a style of defense that Zimmer doesn't run. I think it is meant to help add more diverse playcalling and challenge the stubborn way Zimmer likes to do things. He may be challenging himself with this hire to evolve or die.

He's looking for new innovations. JMO

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 6408
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/11/2020 12:42:35 PM   
thebigo

quote:

quote:

quote:

I find it very interesting that they hired a Defensive consultant that is an expert in a style of defense that Zimmer doesn't run. I think it is meant to help add more diverse playcalling and challenge the stubborn way Zimmer likes to do things. He may be challenging himself with this hire to evolve or die.

So Capers is more of a laxative.
Post #: 6409
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/11/2020 12:48:22 PM   
TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

quote:

quote:

quote:

So Capers is more of a laxative.

Not so much Ex lax .... more of a bran muffin.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 6410
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/11/2020 12:52:04 PM   
Dave Odle

Yeah, the 3-4 experience was what puzzled me, too.

Does anyone see us switching to a 3-4 over the 4-3?

Try using hindsight in the present.
Post #: 6411
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/11/2020 1:09:27 PM   
Dave Odle

Or possibly a hybrid defense? It's interesting that he would bring Capers in w/ his background.

It would be refreshing to see Zim embrace a different approach even if it wasn't a wholesale change. Who knows? It might reinvigorate him.

Edit: Oops, didn't see the same question just above.

< Message edited by Dave Odle -- 2/11/2020 1:20:30 PM >

Post #: 6412
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/11/2020 1:33:36 PM   
Ragnarök

Dont believe any of it with concern to changing Zimmer vaunted D ways, Sort of like what we all mused with bringing in George Iloka and all these visions of packages and innovative schemes, NOT...

Yes Man George Edwards wanted out, or was shown door, because he didnt want to be guy picking up sugar daddy Zimmers 30 year old girl friend from airport and making sure she could find her way to stadiums on away games... Didnt trust the young guys, including putting his Son in that position... So bring in some fossil older than him that is no threat... Assistant to the D Coordinator... Exactly his role... Hey Dom, grab my dry cleaning while you are at it, ok buddy...

< Message edited by Ragnarök -- 2/11/2020 1:48:03 PM >
Post #: 6413
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/11/2020 1:37:10 PM   
David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dave Odle

Or possibly a hybrid defense? It's interesting that he would bring Capers in w/ his background.

It would be refreshing to see Zim embrace a different approach even if it wasn't a wholesale change. Who knows? It might reinvigorate him.

It depends on how open Zimmer is to things.

He's shown a very "my way or the highway" with other coaches before - usually on offense. Will he be able to compromise with someone who does things so differently on HIS side of the ball?

This feels more like a Norv Turner (different philosophy than Zim) thing than a Kubiak thing (also wants to run the ball a lot).

< Message edited by David Levine -- 2/11/2020 1:38:51 PM >
Post #: 6414
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/11/2020 1:58:55 PM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

Dont believe any of it with concern to changing Zimmer vaunted D ways, Sort of like what we all mused with bringing in George Iloka and all these visions of packages and innovative schemes, NOT...

Yes Man George Edwards wanted out, or was shown door, because he didnt want to be guy picking up sugar daddy Zimmers 30 year old girl friend from airport and making sure she could find her way to stadiums on away games... Didnt trust the young guys, including putting his Son in that position... So bring in some fossil older than him that is no threat... Assistant to the D Coordinator... Exactly his role... Hey Dom, grab my dry cleaning while you are at it, ok buddy...

Kind of hard to respond to what seemed a jealous 2nd sentence....A single, widowed, rich guy can date whomever he wants. Capers has a ton of experience and the defense has been good at Zimmer's helm. If they go 10-6 or above with these guys coaching I won't complain. Capers and Kubiak can coach.

< Message edited by Phil Riewer -- 2/11/2020 2:00:03 PM >

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 6415
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/11/2020 1:59:01 PM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

Zimmer didn't have to do anything.

Why would he bring him in?

A) To show the Ragnaroks of the world that he can bring in another perspective(although it is just for show).

or

B) He sees that his defense is not what it once was and he knows it needs some new wrinkles.
Post #: 6416
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/11/2020 2:00:08 PM   
Dave Odle

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dave Odle

It depends on how open Zimmer is to things.

He's shown a very "my way or the highway" with other coaches before - usually on offense. Will he be able to compromise with someone who does things so differently on HIS side of the ball?

This feels more like a Norv Turner (different philosophy than Zim) thing than a Kubiak thing (also wants to run the ball a lot).

That was my first thought, too. Then again, we have guys like Hunter, Kendricks, and Barr who could be used in some really innovative ways. Being open-minded is the key, though.

Post #: 6417
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/11/2020 2:21:00 PM   
Ragnarök

No Sense of humor on Sugar Daddy Zimmers new squeeze

I married a gal 15 years younger than myself... So I have no room talk, but she was no cover model twenty five years my youth... ( jealous... )

If he’s significantly older, she’s got daddy issues, They usually call them sugar babies, because these are generally women seeking financial arrangements if the man is in his forties or older, unless he’s a George Clooney type. Most of these men seeking younger women aren’t.

No young woman looks at a middle aged man with a saggy bottom and changing body and says, “Wow! I gotta have that.”

Look at her pix... Way to go Zimm! This shouldnt be any distraction to his game day prep and execution...

https://sontlive.com/2020/02/05/who-would-have-known-vikings-coach-mike-zimmer-is-dating-a-model/

SHE LOOKS DAMN GOOD IN PURPLE !

< Message edited by Ragnarök -- 2/11/2020 3:19:57 PM >
Post #: 6418
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/11/2020 3:03:51 PM   
Ragnarök

On a more serious note...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/02/11/mike-zimmer-wanted-dom-capers-for-some-fresh-ideas/

Maybe with Zimmer getting some happy endings now the Vikes season will as well~
Post #: 6419
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/11/2020 9:19:33 PM   
JT2

quote:

I married a gal 15 years younger than myself... So I have no room talk, but she was no cover model twenty five years my youth... ( jealous... )

If he’s significantly older, she’s got daddy issues, They usually call them sugar babies, because these are generally women seeking financial arrangements if the man is in his forties or older, unless he’s a George Clooney type. Most of these men seeking younger women aren’t.

No young woman looks at a middle aged man with a saggy bottom and changing body and says, “Wow! I gotta have that.”

Look at her pix... Way to go Zimm! This shouldnt be any distraction to his game day prep and execution...

https://sontlive.com/2020/02/05/who-would-have-known-vikings-coach-mike-zimmer-is-dating-a-model/

You bored or obsessed?

The TMZ generation. Great.

Who cares about his personal life as long as it isn't negatively impacting the community or team?

Just out of curiosity, is there one member of the current Viking organization that you even kind of like?
Post #: 6420
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/11/2020 9:28:02 PM   
hagar

quote:

Be sure and consult a doctor if you have an erection that lasts 4 hours or longer
Post #: 6421
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/11/2020 9:32:09 PM  1 votes
David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: hagar

quote:

Be sure and consult a doctor if you have an erection that lasts 4 hours or longer

That only happens for him when Cousins has a bad game...
Post #: 6422
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/12/2020 8:03:54 AM   
eagleflorida

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: hagar

quote:

That only happens for him when Cousins has a bad game...

Well played David!
Post #: 6423
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/12/2020 1:21:24 PM   
Ragnarök

https://buildahead.com/product/kirk-cousins-smiley-face/
Post #: 6424
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/12/2020 2:02:32 PM   
Ragnarök

Some good points and direction in this article we all know need to be made...

Elephant in room is still Diggs and his happiness in Minnesota... Tough to advocate moving on, but he has upside in trade value NOW... before he blows up again and potentially forces himself out of MN... Pure speculation/ vision but would drafting Diggs brother have any positive effect on his attitude and moping ways?

https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/vikings_must_rebuild_defense_to_be_seen_as_super_bowl_contenders/s1_12680_31287182

< Message edited by Ragnarök -- 2/12/2020 2:19:39 PM >
Post #: 6425
Page:   <<   < prev  255 256 [257] 258 259   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  255 256 [257] 258 259   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode