Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

WEEK 2: @ Packers 09-15-19 · 12:00 PM CT

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Game Day Talk >> WEEK 2: @ Packers 09-15-19 · 12:00 PM CT Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
WEEK 2: @ Packers 09-15-19 · 12:00 PM CT - 9/9/2019 11:58:50 AM   
Lynn G.

It goes without saying - - - we must crush Green Bay.

(Sorry Toby. Couldn't wait for you to start this thread)

What's up with that bootheel, Missouri?
Post #: 1
RE: WEEK 2: @ Packers 09-15-19 · 12:00 PM CT - 9/9/2019 12:07:21 PM   
Toby Stumbo

Haha, no problem Lynn.

GO VIKES!!!
<---------

GO VIKES!
Post #: 2
RE: WEEK 2: @ Packers 09-15-19 · 12:00 PM CT - 9/9/2019 12:55:22 PM   
Trekgeekscott

Packers think they are the shit after beating the Bears.

and now they will be at home, and if you listed to Joe Buck or Chris Collinsworth, Aaron Rodgers makes them a shoe in to win no matter what...

But I can tell what they are going to try. Attack the back up nickel guy. Keep the nickel on the field and keep throwing at Kearse, May even try to get Devante Adams on him all game long. Zimmer will be prepared for this scenario.

And on defense they try to stop the run. at which point the Cousins, Diggs, Theilen, Rudy, Smith, Bisi, Beebe, Doctson show begins. Pick your poison Packers, we are coming.

Vikings only lose if the Refs hand the Packers the game.

In 2016, Clinton's underlying (and sometimes overlying) message was something like this: Trump is awful and you will never vote for him. And I am the only other person running for president.
Post #: 3
RE: WEEK 2: @ Packers 09-15-19 · 12:00 PM CT - 9/10/2019 12:09:48 PM   
marty

Going into the Packer/Bear game, I talked to several guys who thought the only way the Bears lose the game, is if the officials gave the Packers the game.

The refs didn't, though after calling PI on the Packers' defense early in the game, the Packers were allowed to commit pretty obvious PI on the very next play, with no flag.

Rodgers can pass, while Trubisky is pretty mediocre, relies on his scrambling. Rodgers is also a better passer than Cousins, and has shown to be more clutch in big games than Cousins.

The Vikes would have lost in Lameblow last year, if it weren't for the penalty on Matthews. But Cousins did make some nice throws in the game. But the Packers have added talent to their defense, so it will be a challenge.

Bettors are favoring Minnesota and the under. In the first game, the bettors slightly favored the Bears and the over.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 4
RE: WEEK 2: @ Packers 09-15-19 · 12:00 PM CT - 9/10/2019 12:13:23 PM   
marty

I like that the Packers passing game looks out of sync to start the season, hopefully the Vikes can take advantage and keep Rodgers off his game, and prevent him from developing any chemistry with his WRs.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 5
RE: WEEK 2: @ Packers 09-15-19 · 12:00 PM CT - 9/10/2019 10:49:23 PM   
Pager

quote:

ORIGINAL: marty

Going into the Packer/Bear game, I talked to several guys who thought the only way the Bears lose the game, is if the officials gave the Packers the game.

The refs didn't, though after calling PI on the Packers' defense early in the game, the Packers were allowed to commit pretty obvious PI on the very next play, with no flag.

Rodgers can pass, while Trubisky is pretty mediocre, relies on his scrambling. Rodgers is also a better passer than Cousins, and has shown to be more clutch in big games than Cousins.

The Vikes would have lost in Lameblow last year, if it weren't for the penalty on Matthews. But Cousins did make some nice throws in the game. But the Packers have added talent to their defense, so it will be a challenge.

Bettors are favoring Minnesota and the under. In the first game, the bettors slightly favored the Bears and the over.

Check Roger's stats against teams with winning records. Or 4th quarter and trailing.

Left picking up the pieces.
Post #: 6
RE: WEEK 2: @ Packers 09-15-19 · 12:00 PM CT - 9/11/2019 8:02:51 PM   
joejitsu

This week will probably be tougher than our game against the dirty birds. Away game, division rival, and they have a longer break. We still win the game, though. GO VIKES!
Post #: 7
RE: WEEK 2: @ Packers 09-15-19 · 12:00 PM CT - 9/12/2019 9:21:30 AM   
Rob Viking

Massive game for both teams. Will be tough if the Pack grab 2 division wins vs their biggest rivals in the first 2 weeks.

So many people crowning the Packer defense, sure they had a great game plan vs Trubisky but many times it came down to poor execution for Mitch. I think this is a game we should zag from our week 1 tendency. Yes the run game is key to set up play action but maybe we use more play action to begin the game. The beauty of having a strong run game the prior week can set up the play action right off the bat the following week.

The old pass to get the lead and run to close out the game is in order.
Post #: 8
RE: WEEK 2: @ Packers 09-15-19 · 12:00 PM CT - 9/12/2019 11:00:05 AM   
kurt bilben

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rob Viking

Massive game for both teams. Will be tough if the Pack grab 2 division wins vs their biggest rivals in the first 2 weeks.

So many people crowning the Packer defense, sure they had a great game plan vs Trubisky but many times it came down to poor execution for Mitch. I think this is a game we should zag from our week 1 tendency. Yes the run game is key to set up play action but maybe we use more play action to begin the game. The beauty of having a strong run game the prior week can set up the play action right off the bat the following week.

Yeah doubtful the Puckers are going to sit back in cover 2. Gotta believe they think they can rush 4 against our pass pro.

Here’s the good news, they’ve shown they have little answer for Diggs since he became a Viking.

These our basically the same people in the secondary (Albeit a years worth of experience) however they had nobody on the Bears to cover as good as Thielen/ Diggs.

It will come down to the same old thing for us, basically if the OLine plays decent to well we should win.

I do think they are improved at WR.

Think their OLine may be worse, and our D appears a lot closer to the 2017 Vikings as opposed to the 2018 version.

Rodgers as much as I dislike him is a wildcard and can go off. Hit him early and hard!
Post #: 9
RE: WEEK 2: @ Packers 09-15-19 · 12:00 PM CT - 9/12/2019 11:02:51 AM   
kurt bilben

But in all honesty Cook changes everything for us if he stays on the field..
Post #: 10
RE: WEEK 2: @ Packers 09-15-19 · 12:00 PM CT - 9/12/2019 11:29:48 AM   
Steve Lentz

quote:

ORIGINAL: kurt bilben

Bingo!

"Here comes Diggins"!
Post #: 11
RE: WEEK 2: @ Packers 09-15-19 · 12:00 PM CT - 9/12/2019 11:31:28 AM   
SoMnFan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Steve Lentz

quote:

Bingo!

Too many Cooks ruin things
One good healthy one can make things right ….
Post #: 12
RE: WEEK 2: @ Packers 09-15-19 · 12:00 PM CT - 9/12/2019 12:16:49 PM   
thebigo

quote:

Oh c'man man, RBs are a dime a dozen! I'm certain I read that somewhere.
Post #: 13
RE: WEEK 2: @ Packers 09-15-19 · 12:00 PM CT - 9/12/2019 1:37:06 PM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

quote:

Yeah doubtful the Puckers are going to sit back in cover 2. Gotta believe they think they can rush 4 against our pass pro.

Here’s the good news, they’ve shown they have little answer for Diggs since he became a Viking.

These our basically the same people in the secondary (Albeit a years worth of experience) however they had nobody on the Bears to cover as good as Thielen/ Diggs.

It will come down to the same old thing for us, basically if the OLine plays decent to well we should win.

Think their OLine may be worse, and our D appears a lot closer to the 2017 Vikings as opposed to the 2018 version.

Rodgers as much as I dislike him is a wildcard and can go off. Hit him early and hard!

The goal with Rodgers is to eventually get home, but to keep him contained in the pocket. It's when he gets out of the pocket that he does the most damage. The Vikings have, Under Zimmer, employed an gameplan of containment in the past to great effect.

In 2016, Clinton's underlying (and sometimes overlying) message was something like this: Trump is awful and you will never vote for him. And I am the only other person running for president.
Post #: 14
RE: WEEK 2: @ Packers 09-15-19 · 12:00 PM CT - 9/12/2019 2:00:53 PM   
kevinemmer

Love that Everson appears back to his old self.

Makes the whole line much more dangerous, esp. Hunter.

Hey Zimmer,
Evolve, Adapt and Conquer
Post #: 15
RE: WEEK 2: @ Packers 09-15-19 · 12:00 PM CT - 9/12/2019 3:13:30 PM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trekgeekscott

quote:

quote:

The goal with Rodgers is to eventually get home, but to keep him contained in the pocket. It's when he gets out of the pocket that he does the most damage. The Vikings have, Under Zimmer, employed an gameplan of containment in the past to great effect.

Looks to me that Erin is less prone to sprinting away from the pocket than he has been in the past, I suspect for 2 reasons, one he has lost a step, and due to that (less escapability) AND injuries in each of the last 2 seasons, he is getting gun shy.
Post #: 16
RE: WEEK 2: @ Packers 09-15-19 · 12:00 PM CT - 9/12/2019 5:21:50 PM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: marty

I like that the Packers passing game looks out of sync to start the season, hopefully the Vikes can take advantage and keep Rodgers off his game, and prevent him from developing any chemistry with his WRs.

Just watch what ARobinson did to their secondary. We can pass on them all day.

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 17
RE: WEEK 2: @ Packers 09-15-19 · 12:00 PM CT - 9/14/2019 8:12:01 PM   
Jeff Jesser

Can someone post a link to watch in advance if it exists? Sorry, it may be the same one that Beo sent last week but it's only my 2nd time using it. Have always had Sunday ticket but it's not available this year for me. That one was money btw so I'm hoping my thanks to you didn't get caught in the wash!
Post #: 18
RE: WEEK 2: @ Packers 09-15-19 · 12:00 PM CT - 9/14/2019 10:19:53 PM   
JT2

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trekgeekscott

quote:

quote:

Looks to me that Erin is less prone to sprinting away from the pocket than he has been in the past, I suspect for 2 reasons, one he has lost a step, and due to that (less escapability) AND injuries in each of the last 2 seasons, he is getting gun shy.

I agree. However, I think he is still pretty accurate on the move. I don't think he's the running threat that he was once.

No QB likes to get hit (maybe Kapp and Luck) but I think Rodgers is hyperaware of self preservation, maybe only second to Manning.

Hit him.
Post #: 19
RE: WEEK 2: @ Packers 09-15-19 · 12:00 PM CT - 9/15/2019 7:14:53 AM   
Bruce Johnson

The Packers: the team we love to hate!

Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much. (Helen Keller)
Post #: 20
RE: WEEK 2: @ Packers 09-15-19 · 12:00 PM CT - 9/15/2019 10:13:47 AM   
lyle chabot

Does anyone have an injury report?
Post #: 21
RE: WEEK 2: @ Packers 09-15-19 · 12:00 PM CT - 9/15/2019 10:25:11 AM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jeff Jesser

Can someone post a link to watch in advance if it exists? Sorry, it may be the same one that Beo sent last week but it's only my 2nd time using it. Have always had Sunday ticket but it's not available this year for me. That one was money btw so I'm hoping my thanks to you didn't get caught in the wash!

skillout.org has a condensed version that comes out on Monday.

I've never had any luck with live internet feeds.

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 22
RE: WEEK 2: @ Packers 09-15-19 · 12:00 PM CT - 9/15/2019 10:27:27 AM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

ORIGINAL: lyle chabot

OUT: Mackensie Alexander

DOUBTFUL: Mike Hughes

QUESTIONABLE: Pat Elflein and Ben Gedeon

Post #: 23
RE: WEEK 2: @ Packers 09-15-19 · 12:00 PM CT - 9/15/2019 10:35:36 AM   
lyle chabot

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

quote:

Thank you Bill!
Post #: 24
RE: WEEK 2: @ Packers 09-15-19 · 12:00 PM CT - 9/15/2019 10:45:51 AM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

quote:

Thank you Bill!

Update: Hughes, Alexander, and Elflain all inactive

Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Game Day Talk >> WEEK 2: @ Packers 09-15-19 · 12:00 PM CT Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode