Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Wolves 2019 Game Day

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Timberwolves >> Wolves 2019 Game Day Page: [1] 2 3   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Wolves 2019 Game Day - 10/7/2019 12:02:49 PM   
twinsfan

First game tomorrow!

I am not a homer
Post #: 1
RE: Wolves 2019 Game Day - 10/7/2019 12:07:32 PM   
David Levine

Alan Horton@WolvesRadio
Saunders announced Jordan Bell (left calf strain) will miss 1st 2 preseason games (Tue @ PHX, Thu @ GSW). He hurt his calf in practice & has been limited the last few days.
Post #: 2
RE: Wolves 2019 Game Day - 10/9/2019 10:29:00 AM   
David Levine

Based on the first preseason game, we'll be lucky to get to 30 wins.

We're going to get annihilated on the glass. Our only rebounders are KAT, Dieng and Vonleh. KAT will get his, but I doubt Dieng plays even 15 MPG, and Vonleh...I want to love him, but man, he got absolutely worked by Ayton tonight. He's not big enough to guard Centers, and I'm not sure how many "old school PFs" are left in the game.

Outside of KAT and RoCo, who is going to hit 3s for us?

We might have the worst dribbling collection of wings in the league. RoCo is a non-ballhandler and Wigs and Okogie are a mess when they put the ball on the ground. Culver has loads of potential, but at this point, he's barely a secondary playmaker.
Post #: 3
RE: Wolves 2019 Game Day - 10/9/2019 2:32:07 PM   
Phil Riewer

Jon Krawczynski
@JonKrawczynski
Impressions from Wolves preseason opener, a loss to the Suns:
- KAT looks really good. Going to rack up assists this season.
- Culver at the 1 was interesting. I think we'll see more of that.
- Nice bounce from Nowell.
- 39 3s jacked
- Napier 7assts in 14 mins. Great outlet.
Jon Krawczynski
On the other side:
- Defense was shaky in the 1st qtr
- Only 8 made 3s (20%)
- 27 TOs. Ryan talked about having to be OK with some mistakes when playing fast
- Rough night for Vonleh

Wolves back at it Thurs night at GSW
Oh, and remember what Ricky did with Pekovic? Imagine what he's gonna do for Ayton. Whew.

I bet Dario is going to like playing with him as well.

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 4
RE: Wolves 2019 Game Day - 10/9/2019 6:57:23 PM   
ruffenach

It is going to be an extremely long season.
Post #: 5
RE: Wolves 2019 Game Day - 10/11/2019 10:44:38 AM   
ruffenach

last night, same old Wolves Team. Ball hogs, no ball movement, poor defense. The players who are suppose to put the ball in play can't or refuse to do it. Playing without getting KAT involved
Post #: 6
RE: Wolves 2019 Game Day - 10/11/2019 11:03:20 AM   
David Levine

Not a good game.

I love that we're pushing the pace, but we're pushing it way too much. We don't have the ballhandlers or the shooters. Plus its making our defense even worse.

Okogie has been looking really rough so far. Still can't shoot, still can't dribble, still plays totally out of control on offense.

I love his defense, but if he can't give us something on offense, he's not long for the league.

On the plus side, Culver looked very promising.

4/8 from 3, 5 rebounds, 3 assists, 0 turnovers, 1 steal, 1 block, only 1 PF in 26 minutes.

Looked natural handling the ball, was confident in everything he did - including contested 3s off the dribble.

Did not shoot well from 2pt range 2/10. I thought he got fouled on a couple of the drives though.

He's already clearly WAY better than Wigs and Okogie.
Post #: 7
RE: Wolves 2019 Game Day - 10/11/2019 11:06:10 AM   
TJSweens

The sad reality is that even though I am convinced we finally have the right guy in place at the top, this shit stew is gonna have to get worse before it gets better.

Baseball must be a wonderful game to survive the fools who run it.
Post #: 8
RE: Wolves 2019 Game Day - 10/11/2019 11:08:39 AM   
David Levine

Hot(?) take:

Culver will be significantly better than the 2 wings taken ahead of him (Barrett and Hunter).

(Also Zion is a freaking beast. With his vision and instincts, combined with the NBA's greater spacing, he's going to dominate quickly).
Post #: 9
RE: Wolves 2019 Game Day - 10/11/2019 11:17:07 AM   
JT2

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

Hot(?) take:

Culver will be significantly better than the 2 wings taken ahead of him (Barrett and Hunter).

(Also Zion is a freaking beast. With his vision and instincts, combined with the NBA's greater spacing, he's going to dominate quickly).

He has been nothing short of amazing so far.
Post #: 10
RE: Wolves 2019 Game Day - 10/11/2019 11:26:41 AM   
David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: JT2

quote:

Hot(?) take:

And impossible to comp to past players.

There is some Barkely, maybe some LeBron...Hell, he might be Dominique Wilkins in Karl Malone's body...
Post #: 11
RE: Wolves 2019 Game Day - 10/11/2019 11:48:33 AM   
JT2

quote:

quote:

quote:

Hot(?) take:

There is some Barkely, maybe some LeBron...Hell, he might be Dominique Wilkins in Karl Malone's body...

His shot selection against the Bulls the other night was a thing of beauty. So smart and poised already.
Post #: 12
RE: Wolves 2019 Game Day - 10/11/2019 11:54:53 AM   
David Levine

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Hot(?) take:

His shot selection against the Bulls the other night was a thing of beauty. So smart and poised already.

Yup.

People see the size and the ridiculous athleticism, but he doesn't get enough credit for how high his BBIQ is already.
Post #: 13
RE: Wolves 2019 Game Day - 10/11/2019 1:09:22 PM   
Karl Juhnke

quote:

Hot(?) take:

Relish the games where Zion faces off vs Lebron. They will be remembered as the overlapping of two all-time great careers. A passing of the baton.

I am an extremely stable genius
Post #: 14
RE: Wolves 2019 Game Day - 10/11/2019 1:15:00 PM   
TJSweens

This is pretty much being a Timberwolves fan in a nutshell. Far more interesting to talk about other teams stars than our guys. Sorry for being so cynical guys, but the years of waiting for something to be excited about with this team takes a toll after awhile.

Baseball must be a wonderful game to survive the fools who run it.
Post #: 15
RE: Wolves 2019 Game Day - 10/11/2019 1:44:27 PM   
David Levine

My prediction is that KAT's play elevates an 18 win team to 30 wins, and then the national media calls him out for not making the Playoffs.
Post #: 16
RE: Wolves 2019 Game Day - 10/11/2019 1:50:51 PM   
Mr. Ed

Early indications are the Wild are a bad mess

I get the feeling the Wolves will be as well

Long winter ahead

“I find I’m so excited I can barely sit still or hold a thought in my head.”
Post #: 17
RE: Wolves 2019 Game Day - 10/11/2019 3:09:40 PM   
ruffenach

quote:

ORIGINAL: TJSweens

This is pretty much being a Timberwolves fan in a nutshell. Far more interesting to talk about other teams stars than our guys. Sorry for being so cynical guys, but the years of waiting for something to be excited about with this team takes a toll after awhile.

The Wolves went from a very promising team to a nightmare in a few quick season. Thibs as a POBO was a disaster and giving Wiggins the Max contract was an even bigger mistake. We are now have to go through a difficult rebuilding process. Too early to tell, but we don't have a lot of talent any where. The front office knows what to do and have enough talent there that we might get better down the line.
Post #: 18
RE: Wolves 2019 Game Day - 10/11/2019 3:10:29 PM   
ruffenach

quote:

My prediction is that KAT's play elevates an 18 win team to 30 wins, and then the national media calls him out for not making the Playoffs.

That is so true.
Post #: 19
RE: Wolves 2019 Game Day - 10/12/2019 5:27:25 PM   
Karl Juhnke

quote:

ORIGINAL: ruffenach

quote:

The Wolves went from a very promising team to a nightmare in a few quick season. Thibs as a POBO was a disaster and giving Wiggins the Max contract was an even bigger mistake. We are now have to go through a difficult rebuilding process. Too early to tell, but we don't have a lot of talent any where. The front office knows what to do and have enough talent there that we might get better down the line.

I think this year is an intentional throwaway. Rosas knew it couldn’t be fixed in one season so he set up the roster to make bigger moves next year.

The ceiling this year would be a repeat of last year. Mid 30’s wins. And that’s if everything goes well. It could bottom out a lot worse than that.

Post #: 20
RE: Wolves 2019 Game Day - 10/12/2019 5:49:48 PM   
ruffenach

quote:

ORIGINAL: Karl Juhnke

quote:

quote:

I think this year is an intentional throwaway. Rosas knew it couldn’t be fixed in one season so he set up the roster to make bigger moves next year.

The ceiling this year would be a repeat of last year. Mid 30’s wins. And that’s if everything goes well. It could bottom out a lot worse than that.

Still disheartening to watch. It would be nice if they would play the young players a lot to see if they can become major players or at least role players. Jeff is unwatchable as well as Wiggins.
Post #: 21
RE: Wolves 2019 Game Day - 10/12/2019 7:31:22 PM   
Karl Juhnke

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Karl Juhnke

quote:

quote:

Still disheartening to watch. It would be nice if they would play the young players a lot to see if they can become major players or at least role players. Jeff is unwatchable as well as Wiggins.

Culver’s development is the main reason to watch this year.

Post #: 22
RE: Wolves 2019 Game Day - 10/13/2019 8:30:18 AM   
Bill Jandro

Wow just looked up Wiggins contract.

It will be difficult to build a winner with an albatross contract like that on the books for the next 4 years.

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 23
RE: Wolves 2019 Game Day - 10/13/2019 8:59:31 PM   
ruffenach

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

Wow just looked up Wiggins contract.

It will be difficult to build a winner with an albatross contract like that on the books for the next 4 years.

Lots of teams have players that they need to sign and don't have cap room. If they can get a star out of Jeff's and Deigns contracts, we could have a decent team. Not impossible but a real challenge.
Post #: 24
RE: Wolves 2019 Game Day - 10/14/2019 10:59:25 AM   
David Levine

I may not like Teague's game, or his penchant for taking cheap shots when he gets frustrated, but dude is always refreshingly honest:

"I think we’re going to have a lot of turnovers," point guard Jeff Teague said. "Playing fast with a new pace. A lot of new guys trying to get used to one another, seeing what guys like to do. I guess it comes with it."
Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Timberwolves >> Wolves 2019 Game Day Page: [1] 2 3   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode