Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Wolves 2019 Game Day

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Timberwolves >> RE: Wolves 2019 Game Day Page: <<   < prev  45 46 47 [48] 49   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Wolves 2019 Game Day - 9/28/2020 7:37:58 AM   
Karl Juhnke

Even if no charges end up getting filed, sounds like Mr. Beasley is quite the thug. The marijuana I can forgive. Stupid judgement for an NBA player but whatever. Maybe it just comes with the name Beasley.

But I can’t imaging a scenario where I’d ever have stolen weapons in my home. Especially if I was a millionaire. That’s a little glimpse into a lifestyle that’s going to lead to trouble eventually.

C’mon man
Post #: 1176
RE: Wolves 2019 Game Day - 9/28/2020 10:26:25 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: Karl Juhnke

Even if no charges end up getting filed, sounds like Mr. Beasley is quite the thug. The marijuana I can forgive. Stupid judgement for an NBA player but whatever. Maybe it just comes with the name Beasley.

But I can’t imaging a scenario where I’d ever have stolen weapons in my home. Especially if I was a millionaire. That’s a little glimpse into a lifestyle that’s going to lead to trouble eventually.

Maybe the weapons were attributable to a guest. Until I know more I won't pass judgment. This may make it less likely he gets a good offer in RFA so it could work out to our advantage. On the other hand Anthony Edwards chances of getting drafted #1 overall just went up. Go Wolves.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 1177
RE: Wolves 2019 Game Day - 9/28/2020 11:02:54 AM   
Karl Juhnke

quote:

ORIGINAL: kgdabom

quote:

Maybe the weapons were attributable to a guest. Until I know more I won't pass judgment. This may make it less likely he gets a good offer in RFA so it could work out to our advantage. On the other hand Anthony Edwards chances of getting drafted #1 overall just went up. Go Wolves.

Ok but I can’t imagine a scenario where I have a guest with stolen firearms in my house. They would not be welcome.

It doesn’t necessarily make Beasley a bad person but like I said, it’s just a glimpse into a world that’s very different from mine.

C’mon man
Post #: 1178
RE: Wolves 2019 Game Day - 9/28/2020 11:31:48 AM   
David Levine

Minnesota Timberwolves guard Malik Beasley facing felony weapons, drug charges
Mark Schlabach
ESPN Senior Writer

Minnesota Timberwolves guard Malik Beasley was arrested Saturday and is facing felony weapons and drug charges in Minneapolis, according to police records.

Beasley, who averaged 20.7 points in 14 games with the Timberwolves after being traded by the Denver Nuggets in February, is facing felony controlled substance/narcotics and felony receiving/concealing stolen property charges, according to Hennepin County Jail records.

But he was released Sunday without being charged, his attorney, Steve Haney, told ESPN.

"We are aware of the situation involving Malik Beasley and are in the process of gathering information at this time," the Timberwolves said in a statement.

In a statement on Sunday, the Plymouth Police Department said its officers were called to Beasley's residence a day earlier on a reported weapons offense. The reporting individuals told officers they had stopped their car in front of the house, and a "suspect walked up to their vehicle, tapped on the vehicle window, pointed a gun at them and advised them to get off of the property."

"As the victims drove away, the suspect was observed holding the gun up to his shoulder, pointing it at their vehicle," the police statement said.

Officers set up a perimeter to locate the individual and detected a strong odor of marijuana, according to the statement. A vehicle attempted to leave the property and was stopped by police. Three people in the car were detained and later released. A man, who identified himself as the homeowner, was outside and yelling at officers.

Officers obtained a search warrant for the property and located narcotics and numerous guns, one of which was confirmed as stolen, police said.

"At the time of the incident, multiple individuals were present at the residence," Haney told ESPN in a statement. "The allegations against Malik will be defended vigorously."

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/29984989/minnesota-timberwolves-guard-malik-beasley-facing-felony-weapons-drug-charges
Post #: 1179
RE: Wolves 2019 Game Day - 9/28/2020 12:29:19 PM   
Bill Johanesen

This may make it less likely he gets a good offer in RFA so it could work out to our advantage.

Yet another case of FLAWED logic equating to stupidity.

Hey, maybe ALL the TWolves players can ensure there are illegal guns and drugs in their house, hit up cars while brandishing a gun, and yell at police officers. Nobody will offer them anything, so the Wolves can corner the market on thuggery. Solid business plan I'm sure the owners would embrace.
Post #: 1180
RE: Wolves 2019 Game Day - 9/28/2020 12:42:56 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

This may make it less likely he gets a good offer in RFA so it could work out to our advantage.

Hey, maybe ALL the TWolves players can ensure there are illegal guns and drugs in their house, hit up cars while brandishing a gun, and yell at police officers. Nobody will offer them anything, so the Wolves can corner the market on thuggery. Solid business plan I'm sure the owners would embrace.

What you don't get at all Bill is it isn't a question of logic or not. Logic is provable stuff like if A and B then C. Questions of judgment, opinion or speculation like I was doing aren't part of logic. So you are correct it does equate to stupidity. YOURS! Take a class so you know what you're talking about.

I'm not hoping Beasley or other Timberwolves players are drug dealers and possessors of stolen weapons to get a good deal on their contracts. However, if this turns out that people were smoking some marijuana at his house I'm not going to disown him.

At the time I made my original comment I had no knowledge of gun brandishing or yelling at police officers so let's go off what I did know at the time.

I personally don't own a gun, but lots of people own lots of guns.. It seems out of many guns found at his home, not necessarily his, exactly one of them was reported stolen. Is it just possible it isn't his or he bought it not knowing it was stolen. Maybe he moonlights as an armed robber when he's not playing basketball and stole it himself. Who knows?

You make choices to be a jerk on numerous occasions. That's not logical or illogical. They're IMO poor choices exhibiting poor judgment, but not illogical.

Let me try to find some logic in your behavior.

A Bill likes to be happy
B Being a jerk makes Bill happy
C It's logical for Bill to be a jerk.

I know that isn't an absolutely indisputable proof. There are many variables that haven't been accounted for. It was just a simplification to help you start to grasp the basics of logic.

< Message edited by kgdabom -- 9/28/2020 1:42:47 PM >

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 1181
RE: Wolves 2019 Game Day - 9/28/2020 4:52:43 PM   
Steve Lentz

Hearing Doc Rivers is out as Clippers coach.

" I believe empathy is the most essential quality of civilization"
Post #: 1182
RE: Wolves 2019 Game Day - 9/28/2020 8:30:36 PM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Steve Lentz

Hasn't won anything without Thibs.
Post #: 1183
RE: Wolves 2019 Game Day - 9/28/2020 9:50:51 PM   
Steve Lentz

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Steve Lentz

Hasn't won anything without Thibs.

" I believe empathy is the most essential quality of civilization"
Post #: 1184
RE: Wolves 2019 Game Day - 10/2/2020 3:34:36 PM   
kgdabom

Found this on RealGM. Wolves trading #1 Culver and salary match for Simmons.

Doc Rivers is going to try an trade Ben Simmons to Minnesota for the number 1 pick and take Lamelo Ball in Philly. Good chess move Doc. #TalkSoon pic.twitter.com/G68zZJCCT8

— Rashad Phillips (@RP3natural) October 2, 2020
Read on Twitter?s=20

NBA scout making some noise tonight...

So the trade is TImberwolves send Lamelo Ball, Jarrett Culver, James Johnson, Omari Spellman, and Jacob Evans for Ben Simmons.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 1185
RE: Wolves 2019 Game Day - 10/4/2020 4:09:58 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

What you don't get at all Bill is it isn't a question of logic or not. Logic is provable stuff like if A and B then C. Questions of judgment, opinion or speculation like I was doing aren't part of logic. So you are correct it does equate to stupidity. YOURS! Take a class so you know what you're talking about.

I'm not hoping Beasley or other Timberwolves players are drug dealers and possessors of stolen weapons to get a good deal on their contracts. However, if this turns out that people were smoking some marijuana at his house I'm not going to disown him.

At the time I made my original comment I had no knowledge of gun brandishing or yelling at police officers so let's go off what I did know at the time.

I personally don't own a gun, but lots of people own lots of guns.. It seems out of many guns found at his home, not necessarily his, exactly one of them was reported stolen. Is it just possible it isn't his or he bought it not knowing it was stolen. Maybe he moonlights as an armed robber when he's not playing basketball and stole it himself. Who knows?

You make choices to be a jerk on numerous occasions. That's not logical or illogical. They're IMO poor choices exhibiting poor judgment, but not illogical.

A Bill likes to be happy

I know that isn't an absolutely indisputable proof. There are many variables that haven't been accounted for. It was just a simplification to help you start to grasp the basics of logic.

OMG, rant all you want with some unreadable mouth-vomit but you lack even basic common sense. Time and again you've shown your utter stupidity. It literally knows no end.

Fortunately, most people here have called you out on it. YOU are the board's laughingstock and you just keep inserting shit covered shoes into your piehole of a mouth. It does provide the board cheap entertainment.

So forge on Mr. Illogic!
Post #: 1186
RE: Wolves 2019 Game Day - 10/5/2020 1:58:31 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

quote:

quote:

A Bill likes to be happy

OMG, rant all you want with some unreadable mouth-vomit but you lack even basic common sense. Time and again you've shown your utter stupidity. It literally knows no end.

Fortunately, most people here have called you out on it. YOU are the board's laughingstock and you just keep inserting shit covered shoes into your piehole of a mouth. It does provide the board cheap entertainment.

So forge on Mr. Illogic!

Bill I'm not a laughingstock, but even if I was it's much better than being a jerk like you. I'm vastly intellectually superior to you as evidenced by your lack of being able to grasp even the simplest, most basic, aspects of logic.. You are also a very gross sick individual talking about shit covered shoes. So forge on jerk.

< Message edited by kgdabom -- 10/5/2020 2:14:45 PM >

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 1187
RE: Wolves 2019 Game Day - 10/5/2020 3:09:50 PM   
Phil Riewer

https://www.awolfamongwolves.com/will-the-wolves-be-able-to-trade-the-1-pick/

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 1188
RE: Wolves 2019 Game Day - 10/5/2020 3:10:50 PM   
Phil Riewer

Sounds like Wolves are very interested in Joe Harris too.

Post #: 1189
RE: Wolves 2019 Game Day - 10/5/2020 3:42:59 PM   
David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

I'm sure they are. He'd have to want to come here for the MLE for it to happen.
Post #: 1190
RE: Wolves 2019 Game Day - 10/5/2020 3:45:49 PM   
David Levine

quote:

https://www.awolfamongwolves.com/will-the-wolves-be-able-to-trade-the-1-pick/

There is no one in his Tier 2 that I'd trade the #1 for.
Post #: 1191
RE: Wolves 2019 Game Day - 10/5/2020 4:54:04 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

He's a good player to be interested in. I believe he and Russell had good chemistry when they played together.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 1192
RE: Wolves 2020 Game Day - 10/6/2020 7:01:20 AM   
Phil Riewer

A great shooter and glue guy.

Post #: 1193
RE: Wolves 2020 Game Day - 10/6/2020 7:46:19 AM   
Bill Jandro

Doesn't Embiid and Simmons get along or are they simply not a good fit on the same team?

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 1194
RE: Wolves 2020 Game Day - 10/6/2020 8:16:07 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro
Doesn't Embiid and Simmons get along or are they simply not a good fit on the same team?

They lost their shooter to NO (Redick) and also Covington....Haven't been the elite team since.

Look at the Lakers....AD and LBJ are great but they find shooters and defense guys like Green, Kuzma, etc. to fill out a team (Glue guys not Alphas).

Post #: 1195
RE: Wolves 2020 Game Day - 10/6/2020 10:25:35 AM   
David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

Mostly they can't play together because neither is a threat from outside so they get in each other's way a lot. Simmons wants to drive, but Embiid has the lane clogged. And when Embiid goes out to the perimeter, teams are more than happy to let him fire away 3s at a 32% clip.
Post #: 1196
RE: Wolves 2020 Game Day - 10/29/2020 11:10:41 AM   
David Levine

Charges: Timberwolves Malik Beasley threatened family with gun outside his home, pot stash found inside

He and his girlfriend are both charged with felonies in connection with the incident at his home in Plymouth.

Timberwolves guard Malik Beasley angrily aimed a rifle at a couple and their teenage child in an SUV outside his Plymouth home, where a large stash of marijuana was seized by police, according to charges filed Thursday against him and his girlfriend.

The 23-year-old Beasley was charged in Hennepin County District Court with drug possession and threats of violence. Montana Yao, an Instagram model and the mother of a 1½-year-old son with Beasley, was charged with a felony drug count.

Both were charged by summons and not immediately available to respond to the allegations. Court records list no attorney for either of them.

The charges come one day after Wolves executive vice president Sachin Gupta addressed the team’s salary-cap situation and said there should be room to sign Beasley, who is a restricted free agent and averaged 20.7 points in 14 games with the Wolves this past season.

According to the charges against Beasley:

A couple was on the annual Parade of Homes tour on Sept. 26 with their 13-year-old child and pulled up in an SUV to Beasley’s home but saw it was roped off. While pulled over to look up another home to visit, Beasley tapped on the vehicle’s window and pointed a rifle at them.

“Get the [expletive] off my property!” Beasley said.

Beasley continued to train his “all-black assault rifle with a forehand grip” and a scope at the SUV as it drove off, the criminal complaint read.

Police searched the home and turned up a 12-gauge shotgun, a handgun and an automatic rifle that matched the description given by the couple in the SUV.

Officers detected an overwhelming odor of marijuana and soon located more than 1¾ pounds of the drug in the basement living room and main floor office. Next to the stash was a notebook with instructions on how to smoke the drug.

The home’s interior was equipped with several surveillance cameras. Police seized video recordings from the cameras. The images showed Beasley grabbing a rifle and making “sounds like shots were being fired.” He then went outside about the time the people in the SUV were confronted.

Later that same afternoon, Beasley appeared on video “yelling, laughing and making shots fired sounds with his friends,” the charging document read.

The charges against Yao, 23, say she told officers that all of the leafy marijuana belonged to her and that she bought it from a medical marijuana outlet.

However, she could not say where the purchase was made or produce proof of the transaction. Possessing marijuana in its original leafy form in Minnesota is illegal.

In August 2019, when Beasley was with the Denver Nuggets, he and Denver Broncos football player Su’a Cravens brawled in the lobby of a Denver apartment building. According to tabloid television’s TMZ, the clash had to do with Yao.

https://www.startribune.com/charges-timberwolves-malik-beasley-threatened-family-with-gun-outside-his-home-pot-stash-found-inside/572910861/
Post #: 1197
RE: Wolves 2020 Game Day - 10/29/2020 11:16:04 AM   
Karl Juhnke

quote:

Next to the stash was a notebook with instructions on how to smoke the drug.

Um...what?

C’mon man
Post #: 1198
RE: Wolves 2020 Game Day - 10/29/2020 11:19:01 AM   
David Levine

quote:

quote:

Next to the stash was a notebook with instructions on how to smoke the drug.

Um...what?

Maybe because it was all still in leaf form?
Post #: 1199
RE: Wolves 2020 Game Day - 10/29/2020 1:35:25 PM   
Mr. Ed

Projected No. 1 pick LaMelo Ball met with the Minnesota Timberwolves, owners of the top selection in the NBA draft, on Tuesday, a source told ESPN.

The meeting, conducted in Southern California, consisted of an interview and did not feature any basketball activity. It was attended by Gersson Rosas, the Timberwolves' president of basketball operations, and head coach Ryan Saunders, the source said.

Escape while you can!
Post #: 1200
Page:   <<   < prev  45 46 47 [48] 49   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Timberwolves >> RE: Wolves 2019 Game Day Page: <<   < prev  45 46 47 [48] 49   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode