Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Wolves 2020 Game Day

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Timberwolves >> RE: Wolves 2020 Game Day Page: <<   < prev  45 46 47 48 [49]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Wolves 2020 Game Day - 10/29/2020 1:39:02 PM   
SoMnFan

The only thing worse than our current sports atmosphere around here, would be our current sports atmosphere ….. with old man Ball involved.

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 1201
RE: Wolves 2020 Game Day - 10/29/2020 1:54:58 PM   
David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: SoMnFan

The only thing worse than our current sports atmosphere around here, would be our current sports atmosphere ….. with old man Ball involved.

One thing I'll credit LaMelo for is that he's really gone out of his way to distance himself from his dad.
Post #: 1202
RE: Wolves 2020 Game Day - 10/30/2020 11:03:00 AM   
Karl Juhnke

Pops is a non-issue for me. Makes for interesting news at least.

Really torn on Ball though. On one hand there is SO much obvious potential there. But a #1 overall? That gives me pause. I worry that he may think because he's a #1 he gets an attitude that the team should revolve around him. And he's really not that kind of player. He should strive to be an premiere all-around defender/facilitator/scorer/team player. Not a one dimensional me first player.

If he decides the first path that's great. If he decides the second one, that's trouble.

Best scenario? is there any chance of a trade down and still get him at like #3? I don't know enough about who the suitors would be and who they'd want ahead of Ball. But if Rosas could pull that off, get Ball at #3 and add additional assets besides, I'd be doing a happy dance.

C’mon man
Post #: 1203
RE: Wolves 2020 Game Day - 10/30/2020 11:11:29 AM   
David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: Karl Juhnke

Pops is a non-issue for me. Makes for interesting news at least.

Really torn on Ball though. On one hand there is SO much obvious potential there. But a #1 overall? That gives me pause. I worry that he may think because he's a #1 he gets an attitude that the team should revolve around him. And he's really not that kind of player. He should strive to be an premiere all-around defender/facilitator/scorer/team player. Not a one dimensional me first player.

If he decides the first path that's great. If he decides the second one, that's trouble.

Best scenario? is there any chance of a trade down and still get him at like #3? I don't know enough about who the suitors would be and who they'd want ahead of Ball. But if Rosas could pull that off, get Ball at #3 and add additional assets besides, I'd be doing a happy dance.

One thing about Ball is that he's never had good coaching. Ever.

His dad coached him in AAU...Hell, his dad had him playing on his U17 with Lonzo when he was like 12.

And he was on a bad team in Australia where he was, by far, the best player and the coach basically had him do whatever he wanted.

He's going to need A LOT of very good coaching. I'm not sure we have that...
Post #: 1204
RE: Wolves 2020 Game Day - 10/30/2020 12:27:53 PM   
kgdabom

Reports are out that the Hornets want Wiseman, but so do the Warriors.
https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2020/10/hornets-reportedly-willing-to-trade-up-for-james-wiseman.html#:~:text=The%20Hornets%20are%20targeting%20former,Bonnell%20of%20The%20Charlotte%20Observer.&text=Charlotte%20has%20an%20obvious%20need,under%20contract%20for%202020%2F21.
These seem to have some legit sources behind them. If true a bidding war could ensue between the two that would greatly benefit the Wolves.Sorry about the ridiculously long link.

< Message edited by kgdabom -- 10/30/2020 12:33:24 PM >

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 1205
RE: Wolves 2020 Game Day - 10/31/2020 8:32:29 AM   
Bill Jandro

Montana Yao, an Instagram model

WTH is that?

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 1206
Page:   <<   < prev  45 46 47 48 [49]
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Timberwolves >> RE: Wolves 2020 Game Day Page: <<   < prev  45 46 47 48 [49]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode