Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Free Agency 2020

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Free Agency 2020 Page: <<   < prev  37 38 [39] 40 41   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Free Agency 2020 - 4/24/2020 2:18:47 PM   
quote:

ORIGINAL: kgdabom

Washington practically handing us Williams on a silver platter.

TRENT WILLIAMS
T, WASHINGTON REDSKINS

NBC Sports' JP Finlay reports the Redskins wants a package that gets second round value for LT Trent Williams.
Finlay noted that Washington is speaking with multiple teams, but they remain focused on getting fair compensation back in any deal. They're reportedly willing to be flexible about how a team wants to creates a fair package worthy of second round value, although the market could be drying up just a bit after the Browns and Jets each took offensive tackles in the first round. Williams has been one of the league's best blindside protectors for years and would be an upgrade for most, if not all, teams. The Vikings have been a trendy contender according to recent reports.

SOURCE: JP Finlay on Twitter
Apr 24, 2020, 2:22 PM ET

All we have to do is offer a 3rd and Reiff and that can easily be construed as 2nd round value. Just get this done already.

Tough trying to take a guy seriously that has thats much problems wif da English languages.
  Post #: 951
RE: Free Agency 2020 - 4/24/2020 2:33:20 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: kurt bilben

quote:

TRENT WILLIAMS
T, WASHINGTON REDSKINS

NBC Sports' JP Finlay reports the Redskins wants a package that gets second round value for LT Trent Williams.
Finlay noted that Washington is speaking with multiple teams, but they remain focused on getting fair compensation back in any deal. They're reportedly willing to be flexible about how a team wants to creates a fair package worthy of second round value, although the market could be drying up just a bit after the Browns and Jets each took offensive tackles in the first round. Williams has been one of the league's best blindside protectors for years and would be an upgrade for most, if not all, teams. The Vikings have been a trendy contender according to recent reports.

All we have to do is offer a 3rd and Reiff and that can easily be construed as 2nd round value. Just get this done already.

Tough trying to take a guy seriously that has thats much problems wif da English languages.

I looked this over for errors of Finlay or myself. I could have put an "is" between Washington and practically. Finlay should have typed create rather than creates. Is there anything else that you find egregious?

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 952
RE: Free Agency 2020 - 4/24/2020 3:31:54 PM   
unome

quote:

quote:

quote:

TRENT WILLIAMS
T, WASHINGTON REDSKINS

I looked this over for errors of Finlay or myself. I could have put an "is" between Washington and practically. Finlay should have typed create rather than creates. Is there anything else that you find egregious?

I found the idea of second round value for a player that will be 32 next season, will likely cost 16 million per and who sat out last season egregious.
Post #: 953
RE: Free Agency 2020 - 4/24/2020 3:40:10 PM   
Bruce Johnson

quote:

ORIGINAL: unome

quote:

quote:

quote:

TRENT WILLIAMS
T, WASHINGTON REDSKINS

I found the idea of second round value for a player that will be 32 next season, will likely cost 16 million per and who sat out last season egregious.

Thank you. I was getting ganged up on Twitter for not being on board with this trade for your reasons. Now that we didn't get the o-lineman in day one that I wanted, I feel like our team is over a barrel. If we trade to get Jones or Cleveland I will still be ok not doing the trade. Otherwise it feels like we have to do it, especially if the compensation is a third or less.

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 954
RE: Free Agency 2020 - 4/24/2020 3:45:09 PM   
unome

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bruce Johnson

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

TRENT WILLIAMS
T, WASHINGTON REDSKINS

Thank you. I was getting ganged up on Twitter for not being on board with this trade for your reasons. Now that we didn't get the o-lineman in day one that I wanted, I feel like our team is over a barrel. If we trade to get Jones or Cleveland I will still be ok not doing the trade. Otherwise it feels like we have to do it, especially if the compensation is a third or less.

It all comes done to compensation and how much the Vikings brass likes him. I think his value is lower than KG does. Williams was a great Tackle in the past, but we do not know how he will be in 2020 because he did not even play in 2019. I am fine with a Williams deal, but not for second round value. And we do not know if they value Reiff as anything at all RE draft value in return.
Post #: 955
RE: Free Agency 2020 - 4/24/2020 3:49:45 PM   
Bruce Johnson

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

TRENT WILLIAMS
T, WASHINGTON REDSKINS

It all comes done to compensation and how much the Vikings brass likes him. I think his value is lower than KG does. Williams was a great Tackle in the past, but we do not know how he will be in 2020 because he did not even play in 2019. I am fine with a Williams deal, but not for second round value. And we do not know if they value Reiff as anything at all RE draft value in return.

I have too many recollections of players who got themselves dinged up after missing a year. Even healthier players who were younger. The other problem for me is that his enormous demands for compensation will hamper our team going forward if indeed the salary cap does go down due to the virus.

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 956
RE: Free Agency 2020 - 4/24/2020 10:33:48 PM   
Bruce Johnson

The Vikings didn't wait on Washington and opted to move forward and address the offensive line in the draft. Redskins saw second round value (heard they were eying a third and fourth rounder) and Minnesota just wasn't going to give that for Trent Williams knowing they would

(Courtney Cronin on Twitter)

Post #: 957
RE: Free Agency 2020 - 4/25/2020 8:27:36 AM   
Chris Olson

He's a jackass anyway and wouldn't be reliable to play for us...

Plus he's already 32...

Maybe that sounds like sour grapes, but I wasn't keen on him from the start
Post #: 958
RE: Free Agency 2020 - 4/25/2020 8:43:05 AM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chris Olson

He's a jackass anyway and wouldn't be reliable to play for us...

Plus he's already 32...

Maybe that sounds like sour grapes, but I wasn't keen on him from the start

I'm with you on this.

Not going to lie. If we got him, I would be pretty pumped.

But, the more you hear about him, he looks like he is a me first type.
Post #: 959
RE: Free Agency 2020 - 4/25/2020 8:45:05 AM   
Bill Jandro

I'm ok with it. We got ourselves a young guy that could develop in to a very good LT at 5% the cost.

When one considers our cap situation this was the better move in the long run for this franchise.

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 960
RE: Free Agency 2020 - 4/25/2020 5:56:23 PM   
Bruce Johnson

Don't you think we will have to keep Harris, now?

Post #: 961
RE: Free Agency 2020 - 4/26/2020 7:04:06 PM   
Chris Olson

quote:

unless we make that trade with the Jets for Adams

I don't see that working out for us, but I would like to give Harris a long term contract...he gels with Zimmer's D, has shown himself to be somewhat of a ballhawk, though I don't expect him to continue that elite level of play, and apparently he was legit enough to tag...

a new contract will likely be less of a cap hit than the tag, right? I never really understood how those things worked though...
Post #: 962
RE: Free Agency 2020 - 4/26/2020 7:19:57 PM   
Phil Riewer

DJ Flucker cut by Hawks today......thoughts?

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 963
RE: Free Agency 2020 - 4/26/2020 8:33:04 PM   
Pager

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

quote:

DJ Flucker

I don't know him - scheme fit?

He had a PFF score of 60. Take it with a grain of salt.

He did give up 6 sacks. Don't see much improvement over Elf? He does play RG.

Left picking up the pieces.
Post #: 964
RE: Free Agency 2020 - 4/26/2020 11:13:02 PM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chris Olson

quote:

unless we make that trade with the Jets for Adams

I don't see that working out for us, but I would like to give Harris a long term contract...he gels with Zimmer's D, has shown himself to be somewhat of a ballhawk, though I don't expect him to continue that elite level of play, and apparently he was legit enough to tag...

a new contract will likely be less of a cap hit than the tag, right? I never really understood how those things worked though...

Back load the contract by a big signing bonus with a piddling first years salary, for instance a $10M SB with a $1M first year salary in a 5 year contract, leaves a first year salary cap hit of only $3M.
Post #: 965
RE: Free Agency 2020 - 4/26/2020 11:58:49 PM   
beo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pager

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

quote:

DJ Flucker

I don't know him - scheme fit?

He had a PFF score of 60. Take it with a grain of salt.

He did give up 6 sacks. Don't see much improvement over Elf? He does play RG.

At first I thought, why not?
Then I remembered that Seattle might have been one of the few OLines that was worse than ours last year...
Longshot at best.
Post #: 966
RE: Free Agency 2020 - 4/27/2020 1:23:30 AM   
Bruce Johnson

Tomorrow signings wont count against the comp pick formula

(Vikings Spin on Twitter)

Post #: 967
RE: Free Agency 2020 - 4/27/2020 12:08:31 PM   
Pager

Winston signing a 1 yr contract with the Saints. I think 10M/yr for Hill is expensive. But love what NO is doing to replace Brees, much to my chagrin. Tried out Bridgewater. Now an audition with Winston.

Gawd - I hate it.

Post #: 968
RE: Free Agency 2020 - 4/27/2020 12:27:00 PM   
unome

quote:

Winston signing a 1 yr contract with the Saints. I think 10M/yr for Hill is expensive. But love what NO is doing to replace Brees, much to my chagrin. Tried out Bridgewater. Now an audition with Winston.

Gawd - I hate it.

Winston does not scare me at all. Has all the tools, but throws the ball all over the place. I am not sure that is correctable.
Post #: 969
RE: Free Agency 2020 - 4/27/2020 12:28:26 PM   
unome

I did love the tweet that Winston has thrown a ball to more Saints than Hill has.

Winston: 10 Interceptions by Saints players.

Hill: 7 completions by Saints players.
Post #: 970
RE: Free Agency 2020 - 4/27/2020 1:00:00 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

I did love the tweet that Winston has thrown a ball to more Saints than Hill has.

Winston: 10 Interceptions by Saints players.

Hill: 7 completions by Saints players.

That's pretty good.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 971
RE: Free Agency 2020 - 4/27/2020 1:28:33 PM   
Pager

quote:

quote:

Gawd - I hate it.

Winston does not scare me at all. Has all the tools, but throws the ball all over the place. I am not sure that is correctable.

Winston scares me more than Love. Great situation to step back from the physical and focus on the mental part of the game. Two damn good teachers in Brees and Payton.

Post #: 972
RE: Free Agency 2020 - 4/27/2020 4:22:03 PM   
bohumm

quote:

quote:

quote:

Gawd - I hate it.

Winston scares me more than Love. Great situation to step back from the physical and focus on the mental part of the game. Two damn good teachers in Brees and Payton.

Totally agree. QB U next season, and maybe therapy if he still needs to mature (most men in their 20s do).
Post #: 973
RE: Free Agency 2020 - 4/27/2020 4:30:32 PM   
unome

quote:

quote:

quote:

Gawd - I hate it.

I guess I would agree that if anyone could unlock value from Winston, it is the Saints. I would be OK with the move if I was a Saints fan, but it would not really be anything that got me excited. With a one year deal, if he looks good, they will have to sign him for regular starting QB money next offseason. He is still pretty young, but QBs that succeed mainly on their physical attributes, and not their mental one, do not have long NFL careers. The same could probably be said for Taysom Hill as well.
Post #: 974
RE: Free Agency 2020 - 4/27/2020 5:54:44 PM   
David Levine

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Gawd - I hate it.

I guess I would agree that if anyone could unlock value from Winston, it is the Saints. I would be OK with the move if I was a Saints fan, but it would not really be anything that got me excited. With a one year deal, if he looks good, they will have to sign him for regular starting QB money next offseason. He is still pretty young, but QBs that succeed mainly on their physical attributes, and not their mental one, do not have long NFL careers. The same could probably be said for Taysom Hill as well.

I think it's an excellent gamble for the Saints.

Winston hasn't put it all together, but he's got talent. And he just turned 26. 5 years: 20,000 yards, 61%, 121 TDs, 88 INTs.

And while I think Hill is a terrific gadget player, I can't imagine him ever being a full time QB. He turns 30 in a few months has attempted 13 passes in his career...

6/13, 46%, 119 yards, 0 TDs, 1 INT.
Post #: 975
Page:   <<   < prev  37 38 [39] 40 41   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Free Agency 2020 Page: <<   < prev  37 38 [39] 40 41   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode