Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Free Agency 2020

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Free Agency 2020 Page: <<   < prev  44 45 [46] 47 48   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Free Agency 2020 - 5/9/2020 7:16:38 AM   
Bruce Johnson

Weren't the Saints embarrassed by the Vikings in the playoffs by how we exposed Warford? I believe fixing the middle of their offensive line became their priority in the off-season.

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 1126
RE: Free Agency 2020 - 5/9/2020 7:53:04 AM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bruce Johnson

Weren't the Saints embarrassed by the Vikings in the playoffs by how we exposed Warford? I believe fixing the middle of their offensive line became their priority in the off-season.

Idk if it was Warford or Peat. Might have been both.

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 1127
RE: Free Agency 2020 - 5/9/2020 8:08:36 AM   
Bill Jandro

I learned Warford only plays on the right side. So I'd pass on the guy.

Post #: 1128
RE: Free Agency 2020 - 5/9/2020 8:59:54 AM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

quote:

I think it was both.
Post #: 1129
RE: Free Agency 2020 - 5/9/2020 12:12:15 PM   
kgdabom

Good News. Eric Wilson has signed his RFA tender.

Eric Wilson signs Vikings RFA tender
Posted by Josh Alper on May 8, 2020, 5:09 PM EDT

The deadline for restricted free agents to sign offer sheets with other teams passed last month, so we knew linebacker Eric Wilson wouldn’t be leaving the Vikings as a free agent.

He still had to sign his tender in order to officially be back with the team, however. Wilson took care of that on Friday.

The Vikings announced Wilson signed the tender. He was tendered at the second-round level, so he’ll make a salary of $3.259 million.

Wilson signed as an undrafted free agent in 2017 and has played in every game for the Vikings over the last three years. He started six times last season and ended the year with 62 tackles and three sacks.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 1130
RE: Free Agency 2020 - 5/9/2020 11:57:08 PM   
beo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Anderson

quote:

quote:

I think it was both.

If we are ruling out guards who'll get beat by Hunter/Griff... we aren't going to have any options.

Question is... is Warford better than what we have on the roster... my gut says yes... but time will tell.
Post #: 1131
RE: Free Agency 2020 - 5/10/2020 12:37:35 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: beo

quote:

quote:

quote:

I think it was both.

If we are ruling out guards who'll get beat by Hunter/Griff... we aren't going to have any options.

Question is... is Warford better than what we have on the roster... my gut says yes... but time will tell.

usually it's the tackles getting beat by Hunter/Griff.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 1132
RE: Free Agency 2020 - 5/10/2020 9:13:24 AM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: kgdabom

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I think it was both.

Not in that game.
Post #: 1133
RE: Free Agency 2020 - 5/10/2020 9:14:49 AM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I think it was both.

I'm guessing he(Warford) wants 7-10M per year.

I'd rather do a one year deal with Griffen.
Post #: 1134
RE: Free Agency 2020 - 5/10/2020 10:10:56 AM   
Bill Jandro

Warford at 7-10ml on a 5 year deal at RG = Samia as a backup his entire rookie contract.

All arrows point to Samia as our new starting RG. Esp in our salary cap predicament.

Seems they are also very high on Udoh. But I don't see where he fits in unless they think he can play LG. With the Cleveland pick it appears O'Neal will stay at RT.

Post #: 1135
RE: Free Agency 2020 - 5/10/2020 10:46:45 AM   
ratoppenheimer

quote:

Good News. Eric Wilson has signed his RFA tender.

Eric Wilson signs Vikings RFA tender
Posted by Josh Alper on May 8, 2020, 5:09 PM EDT

The deadline for restricted free agents to sign offer sheets with other teams passed last month, so we knew linebacker Eric Wilson wouldn’t be leaving the Vikings as a free agent.

He still had to sign his tender in order to officially be back with the team, however. Wilson took care of that on Friday.

The Vikings announced Wilson signed the tender. He was tendered at the second-round level, so he’ll make a salary of $3.259 million.

Wilson signed as an undrafted free agent in 2017 and has played in every game for the Vikings over the last three years. He started six times last season and ended the year with 62 tackles and three sacks.

kendricks, wilson, and dye could be the post-2020 future....

the journey...is paradise.
Post #: 1136
RE: Free Agency 2020 - 5/10/2020 1:08:35 PM   
Bill Jandro

I'm guessing Zim plans to use Dye in the "Big Nickel" role

Overview
It's easy to fall in love with the tackle production, football IQ and sideline-to-sideline range but his slight frame and difficulty keeping weight on could become a major stumbling block for him in the way teams view his pro potential. His skill set and recognition are best suited along the inside, but due to his size, he might need to ply his trade as an outside 'backer in a 4-3 defense. He has three-down talent with the aptitude to cover or blitz and is in line to go from plus-backup to eventual starter if he can keep good weight on his frame.

Lance Zierlein

Post #: 1137
RE: Free Agency 2020 - 5/10/2020 1:54:41 PM   
thebigo

quote:

Overview
It's easy to fall in love with the tackle production, football IQ and sideline-to-sideline range but his slight frame and difficulty keeping weight on could become a major stumbling block for him in the way teams view his pro potential. His skill set and recognition are best suited along the inside, but due to his size, he might need to ply his trade as an outside 'backer in a 4-3 defense. He has three-down talent with the aptitude to cover or blitz and is in line to go from plus-backup to eventual starter if he can keep good weight on his frame.

Lance Zierlein

Just do like John Randle did and wear a thick metal chain around his waist.
Post #: 1138
RE: Free Agency 2020 - 5/10/2020 3:27:12 PM   
beo

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I think it was both.

Saints playoff game Vikes continously looped the DEs back into the guards to great effect.
Post #: 1139
RE: Free Agency 2020 - 5/10/2020 3:42:44 PM   
ratoppenheimer

quote:

Overview

Lance Zierlein

at the combine:

eric wilson: 6'-1", 230lbs...4.52/40...wingspan: 73"

eric Kendricks: 6'-0", 232lbs...4.59/40...wingspan: 76"

troy dye: 6'-3", 231lbs...4.63/40...wingspan: 78"

Post #: 1140
RE: Free Agency 2020 - 5/10/2020 3:44:57 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: ratoppenheimer

quote:

Overview

Lance Zierlein

at the combine:

Looking at this the size concerns seem to be overrated.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 1141
RE: Free Agency 2020 - 5/10/2020 4:30:43 PM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

quote:

Overview

Lance Zierlein

at the combine:

Huh. I thought Kendricks was around 250

Post #: 1142
RE: Free Agency 2020 - 5/11/2020 7:40:11 AM   
Phil Riewer

So if we mix in Dye and Wilson more....Barr getting DE time?

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 1143
RE: Free Agency 2020 - 5/11/2020 8:23:50 AM   
TJSweens

quote:

quote:

quote:

Overview

Lance Zierlein

at the combine:

I just checked several sites. They all list him at 232 lbs.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 1144
RE: Free Agency 2020 - 5/11/2020 12:13:20 PM   
ratoppenheimer

quote:

ORIGINAL: TJSweens

quote:

quote:

quote:

Overview

Lance Zierlein

at the combine:

I just checked several sites. They all list him at 232 lbs.

i think that teams use combine weights for their player's entire careers now...imo Kendricks has probably gained 10-15 pounds, and wilson 10+...teams are reluctant to give accurate weights these days....

< Message edited by ratoppenheimer -- 5/11/2020 12:50:32 PM >

Post #: 1145
RE: Free Agency 2020 - 5/13/2020 1:39:13 PM   
ratoppenheimer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

that should work - dye is supposed to be proficient in pass coverage....

many are predicting that gedeon is going to get the ax, but i hope we keep him...he's more valuable than that kid from usc and sometimes you need a true thumper....

Barr, Kendricks, wilson, dye, and gedeon....

Post #: 1146
RE: Free Agency 2020 - 5/13/2020 4:03:08 PM   
beo

quote:

Interesting take on Barr and Wilson:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43OBT104_Oo

My own opinion is Vikes do not utilize Barr enough to justify his contract.

I think some complaints about his effort is overblown... he looks like he is jogging around but manages to catch ball carriers anyway... I think that is partly perception... he never "looks" like he is going full out... just the way he runs.

However, he is not great at contact like the vid mentions.
His getting bowled over by Garapallo in the playoffs made me want to puke.

< Message edited by beo -- 5/13/2020 4:12:55 PM >
Post #: 1147
RE: Free Agency 2020 - 5/13/2020 4:16:39 PM   
Phil Riewer

I think if all else fails you move Barr to DE part time....problem is I am not sure he will hold up. We were running the Double A blitz a few years ago to a tea until both LB were banged up. I am most worried about CB now....I think LB and DLine are covered with scheme (3-4/4-3/Barr/Oden), Pierce, and the draft (I like all the DLine guys we drafted).

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 1148
RE: Free Agency 2020 - 5/13/2020 4:18:56 PM   
beo

quote:

I think if all else fails you move Barr to DE part time....problem is I am not sure he will hold up. We were running the Double A blitz a few years ago to a tea until both LB were banged up. I am most worried about CB now....I think LB and DLine are covered with scheme (3-4/4-3/Barr/Oden), Pierce, and the draft (I like all the DLine guys we drafted).

Agreed... LB is certainly not a hole... just seems like you could maximize the team using Barr differently or trading him.
As is... he is just another guy out there right now.
Post #: 1149
RE: Free Agency 2020 - 5/13/2020 4:44:09 PM   
ratoppenheimer

quote:

quote:

Agreed... LB is certainly not a hole... just seems like you could maximize the team using Barr differently or trading him.
As is... he is just another guy out there right now.

when Barr was injured and wilson filled it for him over a couple of games the lb's as a force didn't take a step backward...he was exposed as being replaceable...now, with dye and wilson that could be even more so....

Post #: 1150
Page:   <<   < prev  44 45 [46] 47 48   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Free Agency 2020 Page: <<   < prev  44 45 [46] 47 48   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode