Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  12 13 [14] 15 16   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/18/2020 1:42:42 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ragnarök

quote:

ORIGINAL: ratoppenheimer

Ben Goessling@GoesslingStrib
From July 2017-March 2019, the Vikings’ ambitious plan to keep their own players involved contracts for Everson Griffen, Xavier Rhodes, Linval Joseph, Eric Kendricks, Danielle Hunter, Stefon Diggs and Anthony Barr. At the moment, three of those seven players are on the roster.

Could have almost scratched Barr as well, maybe really should have with his now backloaded cap hits and real lack of use in percieved strengths. As well as will add Rudy, though he may be huge piece of what we do on offense now this year.

Amazing how quickly rosters can change and key pieces become too expensive or fall off map in production and become expendable in just couple years...

Ever more important to get high yields on players we did invest in like Rudy and Barr, hoping Capers has some input on using Barr more in a hybrid 3-4 at times...

There is talent on this team just up to Spiels to find some players to fill holes and Zimm and company to get most out of what we are left with... 9 and 7 feels very attainable...

Retaining Barr IMO was a big mistake.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 326
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/18/2020 1:47:13 PM   
David F.

WE GOT HIM!

SEAN MANNION
QB, MINNESOTA VIKINGS

Vikings re-signed QB Sean Mannion to a one-year contract.
Mannion is one of the league's weakest backups. Thankfully for the Vikings, Kirk Cousins has never missed a game with injury.

SOURCE: Ben Goessling on Twitter
Mar 18, 2020, 2:35 PM ET

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 327
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/18/2020 1:49:18 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: David F.

WE GOT HIM!

SEAN MANNION
QB, MINNESOTA VIKINGS

Mannion is one of the league's weakest backups. Thankfully for the Vikings, Kirk Cousins has never missed a game with injury.

Hopefully no guaranteed money so we can dump him once we draft and sign our QBotF.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 328
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/18/2020 1:50:40 PM   
Ragnarök

quote:

WE GOT HIM!

SEAN MANNION
QB, MINNESOTA VIKINGS

Well, we got our key piece in place for run this year...

and just think...

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/kyle-sloter-let-go-by-detroit/
Post #: 329
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/18/2020 1:53:04 PM   
Ragnarök

quote:

ORIGINAL: kgdabom

quote:

WE GOT HIM!

SEAN MANNION
QB, MINNESOTA VIKINGS

Hopefully no guaranteed money so we can dump him once we draft and sign our QBotF.

There will be no QBotF in this years draft, sorry, its more like all in oh shit fill the leaks mode for Spiels and Zimm in their final year. Lots of holes to stick fingers in and we know where most thumbs are...
Post #: 330
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/18/2020 2:01:02 PM   
David Levine

quote:

quote:

quote:

WE GOT HIM!

SEAN MANNION
QB, MINNESOTA VIKINGS

There will be no QBotF in this years draft, sorry, its more like all in oh shit fill the leaks mode for Spiels and Zimm in their final year. Lots of holes to stick fingers in and we know where most thumbs are...

This one I agree with.
Post #: 331
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/18/2020 2:15:28 PM   
Ragnarök

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

quote:

quote:

quote:

WE GOT HIM!

SEAN MANNION
QB, MINNESOTA VIKINGS

This one I agree with.

We may take a flier on a 6th round project for the practice squad, but even doubt that...

We would never waste the ink and prescious cap space on Mannion if there was any sense on Spiels going for a high pick QB of the Future...

We are going DB and OL with high picks... WR after that and some DL projects

Everyone should be very leary... Spiels track record when having to reach for needs is atrocious...

< Message edited by Ragnarök -- 3/18/2020 2:17:49 PM >
Post #: 332
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/18/2020 2:25:37 PM   
Pager

Too early to be frothing at the mouth. Lot of moves to come. We also have had a lot of players like Harris & Thielan become big contributors out of the woodwork. Watts, Hill, Boyd, ifeadi, Udoh have that potential to be those players. Our run defense last year was better with Joseph out. Our CBs were way below replacement level. WR, 3T, LG and are the impact areas we still need. Depth at CB.

Kubiak also was very influential in the draft the last year he was in Denver in his role in the Front Office. He is credited for the Sutton pick - a fantastic WR pick in the second round. I expect Spielman will give him a spot at the table.

Defensive development is a strength for this team.

Left picking up the pieces.
Post #: 333
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/18/2020 2:45:03 PM   
Bruce Johnson

I was thinking that I would prefer to select a WR in the second round, just because I've heard that the WR receiver draft is so deep and the need for help on the offensive line and at CB is so great. With the trade of Diggs, I suppose the need for a stud receiver is also extreme, but I do believe we can get a good one in the second round.

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 334
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/18/2020 2:51:37 PM   
beo

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

WE GOT HIM!

SEAN MANNION
QB, MINNESOTA VIKINGS

This one I agree with.

We may take a flier on a 6th round project for the practice squad, but even doubt that...

We would never waste the ink and prescious cap space on Mannion if there was any sense on Spiels going for a high pick QB of the Future...

Everyone should be very leary... Spiels track record when having to reach for needs is atrocious...

Look at the bright side... if everything is as disasterous as you expect... we'll be in prime position to draft Trevor Lawrence next year.

Except it's the Vikes... so we'd end up with overall pick #2... and find the next Ryan Leaf.
Post #: 335
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/18/2020 2:52:38 PM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bruce Johnson
I was thinking that I would prefer to select a WR in the second round, just because I've heard that the WR receiver draft is so deep and the need for help on the offensive line and at CB is so great. With the trade of Diggs, I suppose the need for a stud receiver is also extreme, but I do believe we can get a good one in the second round.

I think we can get a good WR in the third Then you draft another in the fifth and sixth.

First thing first:
Draft a couple.

Recent history:
2012 2 4th rounders
2013 1 1st rounder
2014 0
2015 1 fifth rounder
2016 1 1st & 1 sixth rounder
2017 a fifth and a 7th
2018 0
2019 2 7ths

Maybe spend a little draft capital? It isn't like we have spent a ton of capital on WR the last 5 years.....1 1st, 2 fifths, a sixth, and 3 7ths. Lucky to have two skilled WR.

< Message edited by Phil Riewer -- 3/18/2020 2:57:39 PM >

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 336
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/18/2020 3:04:20 PM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: beo

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

WE GOT HIM!

SEAN MANNION
QB, MINNESOTA VIKINGS

This one I agree with.

Look at the bright side... if everything is as disasterous as you expect... we'll be in prime position to draft Trevor Lawrence next year.

Except it's the Vikes... so we'd end up with overall pick #2... and find the next Ryan Leaf.

It is my hope that they are forward thinking enough to grab a QB in a draft where there are several that could be good. That being said they do have some needs, but drafting for needs usually leads to reaching for needs and missing the better player overall.

Also we still have that UDFA Browning, don't we?

"The same people who voted for him because "he says what he means" are arguing he didn't mean what he said."
Post #: 337
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/18/2020 3:17:41 PM   
thebigo

quote:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/03/18/linval-joseph-agrees-to-deal-with-chargers/

Mike Garafolo of NFL Media reports that Joseph has agreed to a deal with the Chargers. It’s a two-year pact worth $17 million with another $2 million available to Joseph via incentives.

Damn Chargers most have some salary cap space to dump.
Post #: 338
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/18/2020 3:25:52 PM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

quote:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/03/18/linval-joseph-agrees-to-deal-with-chargers/

Mike Garafolo of NFL Media reports that Joseph has agreed to a deal with the Chargers. It’s a two-year pact worth $17 million with another $2 million available to Joseph via incentives.

Damn Chargers most have some salary cap space to dump.

They just signed Chris Harris CB also.

Post #: 339
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/18/2020 3:26:05 PM   
Phil Riewer

Andrew Krammer
@Andrew_Krammer
·
34s
The #Vikings are scheduled to play the NFC South in 2020. Its quarterbacks are now Tom Brady, Teddy Bridgewater, Drew Brees and Matt Ryan.

Post #: 340
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/18/2020 3:29:08 PM   
Ragnarök

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

Andrew Krammer
@Andrew_Krammer
·
34s
The #Vikings are scheduled to play the NFC South in 2020. Its quarterbacks are now Tom Brady, Teddy Bridgewater, Drew Brees and Matt Ryan.

oh snap, So will have to revise my expectataions from 9-7 to 8-8 now...
Post #: 341
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/18/2020 3:32:15 PM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

quote:

Andrew Krammer
@Andrew_Krammer
·
34s

Really?

By the tone of most of your posts, I'm surprised you have them above .500 at all. I would have expected 2-14 be best case scenario,...

"The same people who voted for him because "he says what he means" are arguing he didn't mean what he said."
Post #: 342
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/18/2020 3:51:08 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

quote:

quote:

WE GOT HIM!

SEAN MANNION
QB, MINNESOTA VIKINGS

If that were the truth we wouldn't have traded Diggs.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 343
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/18/2020 3:55:07 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trekgeekscott

quote:

quote:

Andrew Krammer
@Andrew_Krammer
·
34s

Really?

By the tone of most of your posts, I'm surprised you have them above .500 at all. I would have expected 2-14 be best case scenario,...

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 344
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/18/2020 3:58:29 PM   
Bruce Johnson

Some news from the #Vikings. Josh Kline contract terminated.

(Chris Tomasson on Twitter)

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 345
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/18/2020 3:59:57 PM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

WOW
Andrew Krammer
@Andrew_Krammer
·
58s
#Vikings released guard Josh Kline, one year after signing him to a three-year deal. In the end, they paid $7.25 million for 15 starts. He's still guaranteed $1.8 million this year and will count nearly $4.5 million in dead money.

Post #: 346
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/18/2020 4:08:09 PM   
joejitsu

quote:

quote:

WOW
Andrew Krammer
@Andrew_Krammer
·
58s
#Vikings released guard Josh Kline, one year after signing him to a three-year deal. In the end, they paid $7.25 million for 15 starts. He's still guaranteed $1.8 million this year and will count nearly $4.5 million in dead money.

Maybe this means we're feeling pretty good about Samia? I have high hopes for him.
Post #: 347
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/18/2020 4:08:19 PM   
Bruce Johnson

I'm guessing that there's more to this story than will be made public. (re: Kline)

Post #: 348
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/18/2020 4:18:49 PM   
Ragnarök

quote:

quote:

WOW
Andrew Krammer
@Andrew_Krammer
·
58s

What a waste of cap and further proof of total ineptitude of a GM to correctly assess and stock the OL position...
Post #: 349
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/18/2020 4:20:17 PM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: joejitsu

quote:

quote:

WOW
Andrew Krammer
@Andrew_Krammer
·
58s

Maybe this means we're feeling pretty good about Samia? I have high hopes for him.

Making a run at Thuney or Scherff?? Although cutting Kline only saves us 1.5M against the cap.
Post #: 350
Page:   <<   < prev  12 13 [14] 15 16   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  12 13 [14] 15 16   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode