Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  13 14 [15] 16 17   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/18/2020 4:23:13 PM   
Ragnarök

quote:

ORIGINAL: kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ragnarök

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

Andrew Krammer
@Andrew_Krammer
·
34s
The #Vikings are scheduled to play the NFC South in 2020. Its quarterbacks are now Tom Brady, Teddy Bridgewater, Drew Brees and Matt Ryan.

oh snap, So will have to revise my expectataions from 9-7 to 8-8 now...

Really?

By the tone of most of your posts, I'm surprised you have them above .500 at all. I would have expected 2-14 be best case scenario,...

Taking into account state of team, next years schedule and where we are at with coaching 8 and 8 is about exactly where this team should be... Even Zimmers past records will bear that out... Even numbered years we linger around .500...

As actual season start gets closer I will adjust accordingly... We sure could be closer to 6-10 by season start but 2-14 is just crazy talk...
Post #: 351
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/18/2020 4:30:55 PM   
ratoppenheimer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bruce Johnson

I'm guessing that there's more to this story than will be made public. (re: Kline)

to me it seems crazy - he was good value - the best interior o-linemen of the season....

i read that we're looking for a center - and trying to re-sign jones....

cutting elflien saves us $2m....

the journey...is paradise.
Post #: 352
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/18/2020 4:31:07 PM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

Andrew Krammer
@Andrew_Krammer
·
34s
The #Vikings are scheduled to play the NFC South in 2020. Its quarterbacks are now Tom Brady, Teddy Bridgewater, Drew Brees and Matt Ryan.

Yeah, Brady with those new weapons is scary.

We have handled Brees and Ryan for the most part. Teddy's new OC loves to throw downfield(not TB's strength).

We'll be okay.
Post #: 353
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/18/2020 4:32:50 PM   
kevinemmer

quote:

quote:

Some news from the #Vikings. Josh Kline contract terminated.

(Chris Tomasson on Twitter)

WOW
Andrew Krammer
@Andrew_Krammer
·
58s
#Vikings released guard Josh Kline, one year after signing him to a three-year deal. In the end, they paid $7.25 million for 15 starts. He's still guaranteed $1.8 million this year and will count nearly $4.5 million in dead money.

Holy Crap!

That makes NO sense.
Post #: 354
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/18/2020 4:38:54 PM   
Bruce Johnson

There's speculation on Twitter that he's suffering from a concussion. It's not making sense, but there must be something that is not being disclosed.

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 355
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/18/2020 4:42:02 PM   
ratoppenheimer

quote:

ORIGINAL: kevinemmer

quote:

quote:

WOW
Andrew Krammer
@Andrew_Krammer
·
58s
#Vikings released guard Josh Kline, one year after signing him to a three-year deal. In the end, they paid $7.25 million for 15 starts. He's still guaranteed $1.8 million this year and will count nearly $4.5 million in dead money.

Holy Crap!

That makes NO sense.

we're going in the wrong direction...and why not elflein? - kline outplayed him and was a smaller cap savings....

Post #: 356
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/18/2020 4:50:15 PM   
Phil Riewer

Vikings Central
@MNVikescentral
·
34m
@DWolfsonKSTP
explain the Kline move? Did you see this one coming?
Darren Wolfson
@DWolfsonKSTP
·
32m
Did not see coming. Concussion worries? Waiting to hear.
Paul Allen
@PAOnTheMic
·
26m
Whoah, #Vikings released Josh Kline. Not acting like at guard he was HOF
@HutchSevenSix
-like, just didn't see it coming.
Ok, the Minnesota Moving Company. O-line. There's the draft of course, Dru Samia starts or at least competes, maybe ask Riley Reiff if he'd re-do, play guard.

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 357
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/18/2020 4:51:02 PM   
Todd M

No question we are a playoff team...I will refrain this year from saying it could or should be special. As long as cousins doesn't miss any time sticking us with any Turd Manion time...
Post #: 358
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/18/2020 4:56:30 PM   
odin

quote:

ORIGINAL: beo

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

quote:

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: David F.

WE GOT HIM!

SEAN MANNION
QB, MINNESOTA VIKINGS

Vikings re-signed QB Sean Mannion to a one-year contract.
Mannion is one of the league's weakest backups. Thankfully for the Vikings, Kirk Cousins has never missed a game with injury.

SOURCE: Ben Goessling on Twitter
Mar 18, 2020, 2:35 PM ET

Hopefully no guaranteed money so we can dump him once we draft and sign our QBotF.

There will be no QBotF in this years draft, sorry, its more like all in oh shit fill the leaks mode for Spiels and Zimm in their final year. Lots of holes to stick fingers in and we know where most thumbs are...

This one I agree with.

We may take a flier on a 6th round project for the practice squad, but even doubt that...

We would never waste the ink and prescious cap space on Mannion if there was any sense on Spiels going for a high pick QB of the Future...

We are going DB and OL with high picks... WR after that and some DL projects

Everyone should be very leary... Spiels track record when having to reach for needs is atrocious...

Look at the bright side... if everything is as disasterous as you expect... we'll be in prime position to draft Trevor Lawrence next year.

Except it's the Vikes... so we'd end up with overall pick #2... and find the next Ryan Leaf.

Tank for Jarjar Banks? I'm all for that!
Post #: 359
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/18/2020 4:58:30 PM   
Well at least we still have Pat Elflein, and were able to fight off all the interest in Sean Mannion... Stoked!!!
  Post #: 360
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/18/2020 4:59:57 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

quote:

WOW
Andrew Krammer
@Andrew_Krammer
·
58s

I thought he played pretty well. This move makes no sense.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 361
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/18/2020 5:10:19 PM   
Ragnarök

quote:

quote:

quote:

WOW
Andrew Krammer
@Andrew_Krammer
·
58s

Looks like in their final year of deals Spiels and Zimm are going with the "scorched earth" policy... Future of team be damned... Sort of like when Red sold the team and dumped Moss as one of his last moves as owner...
Post #: 362
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/18/2020 5:11:49 PM   
Bruce Johnson

Source said a return to the Vikings isn't out of the question for Kline.

(Ben Goessling on Twitter)

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 363
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/18/2020 5:12:33 PM   
ratoppenheimer

Ben Goessling@GoesslingStrib
Source said the Vikings talked with Josh Kline about restructuring his deal to stay, but the two sides couldn't find common ground. He'll hit the open market.

Post #: 364
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/18/2020 5:12:51 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

WOW
Andrew Krammer
@Andrew_Krammer
·
58s

Looks like in their final year of deals Spiels and Zimm are going with the "scorched earth" policy... Future of team be damned... Sort of like when Red sold the team and dumped Moss as one of his last moves as owner...

Stop with the Spiels and Zim going all in on this year talk. If that were the case we would not have traded Diggs for nothing, but draft picks. They are looking to the future.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 365
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/18/2020 5:14:31 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

That makes no sense. He was signed for the next two years at a very reasonable price. If he comes back I believe we still take the dead cap hit for his previous contract.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 366
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/18/2020 5:18:36 PM   
ratoppenheimer

quote:

a new deal is going to be worse for us than the one he had considering the dead money - spielman tried to bluff kline's agent and then let his ego get in the way....

Post #: 367
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/18/2020 5:19:23 PM   
thebigo

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

WOW
Andrew Krammer
@Andrew_Krammer
·
58s

How is that so, in the context of releasing Josh Kline?

Or are you saying that Josh Kline is "sort of" the equal of Randy Moss?

I'm trying to follow here. Please speak slowly.
Post #: 368
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/18/2020 5:20:10 PM   
Ragnarök

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

WOW
Andrew Krammer
@Andrew_Krammer
·
58s

Stop with the Spiels and Zim going all in on this year talk. If that were the case we would not have traded Diggs for nothing, but draft picks. They are looking to the future.

You take what you can get when a player wants out, had been brewing for couple years... Well played by Spiels to get something more than despiration deal...

Still of opinion that All in is absolutely the case, and Im not the only one, but you are certainly entitled to your own opinion as well...

Lack of extentions for either GM or HC is very telling and the longer it lingers the more obvious the sense within the organization would be...
Post #: 369
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/18/2020 5:21:46 PM   
unome

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

WOW
Andrew Krammer
@Andrew_Krammer
·
58s

How would releasing Kline be a "future of the team be damned" move? He is a 30 year old OL who played well, but may have some injury concerns, on a team that needs OL help now. This move is confusing for the present, not the future. Half of your rants are nonsensical.
Post #: 370
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/18/2020 5:24:26 PM   
Ragnarök

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

WOW
Andrew Krammer
@Andrew_Krammer
·
58s

How is that so, in the context of releasing Josh Kline?

Or are you saying that Josh Kline is "sort of" the equal of Randy Moss?

I'm trying to follow here. Please speak slowly.

Was speaking in general about the dumping of cap into future for sake of few spending bucks now, reaks of win now mantra...

Klien is only one small move in many done and coming that will impact the future cap situation after both HC and GM are potentially gone...

Randy Moss paralell was confusing I guess other than in context that people headed out of an organization rarely care for what happens past their tenure.
Post #: 371
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/18/2020 5:34:15 PM   
Ragnarök

Sorry, will look for my meds again...
Post #: 372
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/18/2020 6:04:53 PM   
Dana Turner

Kline was not the biggest problem for the Vikings last year, so people might be thinking he was good. He was serviceable, that's it. He also has had a few concussions in his career, one last year, is over 30 and was going to cost over $5 million for serviceable play. It's not really that big of a deal, not every move has to be the end all, we might have a few young guys that are finally ready to step in. We are just shaping the roster, offered him less money to stay and he said no thank you, no big deal. Samia should be ready to seriously compete for a spot, there are a couple other young guys that could contribute, this isn't a game changer by any means.
Post #: 373
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/18/2020 6:12:51 PM   
Ragnarök

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/03/18/vikings-close-to-deal-with-defensive-tackle-michael-pierce/

Nice signing, the sky isnt falling, at the moment...
Post #: 374
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/18/2020 6:14:57 PM   
Pager

Save 1.5 and how much next year (7 or so?). That might the strategy. Might also reflect how they feel about Samia (as some have already pointed out).

Left picking up the pieces.
Post #: 375
Page:   <<   < prev  13 14 [15] 16 17   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  13 14 [15] 16 17   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode