Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  187 188 [189] 190 191   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/18/2020 11:27:59 AM   
David F.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bruce Johnson

Checking in on Yannick Ngakoue in Baltimore. He's grading out 92nd of 107 edge rushers since joining the Ravens with no sacks and no run stops.

(Sam Ekstrom on Twitter)

Vikings are 3-0 and I think the Ravens have lost 2 since the trade. He might be the least valuable player in the league

(Big Tony on Twitter)

Jacksonville fans have a campaign going to vote him into the pro bowl because I guess it helps the draft pick we have to give them. I have to admit that's clever and funny.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 4701
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/18/2020 11:35:17 AM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: David F.

quote:

Checking in on Yannick Ngakoue in Baltimore. He's grading out 92nd of 107 edge rushers since joining the Ravens with no sacks and no run stops.

(Sam Ekstrom on Twitter)

Vikings are 3-0 and I think the Ravens have lost 2 since the trade. He might be the least valuable player in the league

(Big Tony on Twitter)

Jacksonville fans have a campaign going to vote him into the pro bowl because I guess it helps the draft pick we have to give them. I have to admit that's clever and funny.

It will probably be more difficult to actually get into the probowl this year, since they aren't playing it you won't have the top vote getters bowing out, with the also rans getting in.
Post #: 4702
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/18/2020 11:36:28 AM   
Rob Viking

quote:

ORIGINAL: SoMnFan

quote:

ORIGINAL: bstinger

quote:

ORIGINAL: marty

Any more talk about firing ST coach ?

Priefer was an F in my book, and so far, Maalouf seems like about a D.

If the Vikes could get special teams to a Marty grade of a B, I think it would be of great help.

Why did we think this guy was the brilliant hire for ST? Not a glowing resume. Mostly a career assistant. Had the head job once and was fired after 1 year.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marwan_Maalouf

We almost had a Zimmer throwdown to watch after Pattersons return.
Haven't seen ol Mikey that riled up in awhile.
So that was entertaining, at least.

Then Maalouf had the nerve to get all jiggy after the Bears gifted us a punt muff.
Chill dude, wasn't anything your guys did.

The kid catching the one well-placed punt of Colquitts career, with his feet in the EZ, was the final straw for me.
Can't stand that we employ players who don't really know the game.

I thought Zimmer was going to blow another gasket when he saw him prancing around after the muff.
Post #: 4703
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/18/2020 11:51:41 AM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rob Viking

quote:

quote:

quote:

If the Vikes could get special teams to a Marty grade of a B, I think it would be of great help.

Why did we think this guy was the brilliant hire for ST? Not a glowing resume. Mostly a career assistant. Had the head job once and was fired after 1 year.

Then Maalouf had the nerve to get all jiggy after the Bears gifted us a punt muff.

The kid catching the one well-placed punt of Colquitts career, with his feet in the EZ, was the final straw for me.

I thought Zimmer was going to blow another gasket when he saw him prancing around after the muff.

Pretty sure I saw Zimmer running down the sidelines celebrating when we recovered the muff.
Post #: 4704
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/18/2020 12:04:11 PM   
David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rob Viking

quote:

quote:

quote:

Pretty sure I saw Zimmer running down the sidelines celebrating when we recovered the muff.

Thought that was Maalouf?
Post #: 4705
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/18/2020 12:04:43 PM   
Bruce Johnson

Kirk Cousins is currently tied with 1999 Kurt Warner (greatest show on turf, SB win) with 7.86 net yards/attempt, which is also higher than the 1998 Vikings, at 7.76 NY/A.

Has a chance to pass Randall Cunningham (8.03) in 1998 for the all-time #Vikings franchise record.

Warren Ludford on Twitter

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 4706
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/18/2020 12:08:21 PM   
Bruce Johnson

Newcomer CB Chris Jones had a PFF tackling grade below 30 in the year and a half he played prior to joining the Vikings. Since joining the #Vikings, his tackling grade is 79.5 over two games.

Coaching?

Warren Ludford

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 4707
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/18/2020 12:21:12 PM   
David Levine

quote:

Newcomer CB Chris Jones had a PFF tackling grade below 30 in the year and a half he played prior to joining the Vikings. Since joining the #Vikings, his tackling grade is 79.5 over two games.

Coaching?

Warren Ludford

Could be.

Also could be variance. He's played 88 snaps with us, and previously only about 4 total games worth of snaps in 3 seasons.
Post #: 4708
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/18/2020 1:49:47 PM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

quote:

Coaching?

Warren Ludford

Could be.

Also could be variance. He's played 88 snaps with us, and previously only about 4 total games worth of snaps in 3 seasons.

Also possible he sees his career on the ropes, and more commitment to the tackling aspect could save it.
Post #: 4709
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/18/2020 2:21:07 PM   
Bruce Johnson

Odenigbo + Holmes since the bye week

12 pressure 0 sacks 8 run stop

Prush snaps: 207 rdef snaps : 92

Mata’afa + wonnum since the bye

21 pressures 4 sacks 5 stops

Prush snaps: 144 rdef snaps: 42

DeShawn Vaughan on Twitter

I'm not sure what all of the abbreviations are.

Edit:. Wait. I have it now. Prush is pass rush and rdef is run defense. Silly me.

The point of the post is that it seems that two young players are deserving of more reps and that is promising for our defense going forward.

< Message edited by Bruce Johnson -- 11/18/2020 2:37:13 PM >

Post #: 4710
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/18/2020 3:01:45 PM   
Bruce Johnson

I'm told that former #Vikings punt returner extraordinaire Marcus Sherels, who last played in the NFL with Minnesota in the playoffs last January, has no plans at this time to retire. Sherels, 33, would welcome another NFL opportunity if it is presented.

Chris Tomasson on Twitter

Post #: 4711
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/18/2020 3:05:01 PM   
SoMnFan

quote:

I'm told that former #Vikings punt returner extraordinaire Marcus Sherels, who last played in the NFL with Minnesota in the playoffs last January, has no plans at this time to retire. Sherels, 33, would welcome another NFL opportunity if it is presented.

Chris Tomasson on Twitter

Catching punts correctly is highly underrated
Just sayin

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 4712
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/18/2020 3:10:56 PM   
Bruce Johnson

Do you like white on white road uniforms for the Vikings. I'm going to say yes.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/11/18/bill-parcells-endorses-all-white-road-uniforms-for-vikings/

Post #: 4713
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/18/2020 3:19:05 PM   
bohumm

quote:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/11/18/bill-parcells-endorses-all-white-road-uniforms-for-vikings/

I liked them until I saw Parcells' take....
Post #: 4714
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/18/2020 3:32:57 PM  1 votes
David Levine

quote:

I've always preferred the purple pants.
Post #: 4715
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/18/2020 3:45:59 PM   
TJSweens

quote:

quote:

Definitely the purple pants. That was the first thing I thought of when I saw them on the field before the opening kick off

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 4716
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/18/2020 3:58:09 PM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

quote:

This is football, not fashion... who really gives a shit?

That being said. Purple pants. Like that look a whole lot better.

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 4717
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/18/2020 4:25:51 PM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trekgeekscott

quote:

quote:

This is football, not fashion... who really gives a shit?

That being said. Purple pants. Like that look a whole lot better.

How are we "the Purple" if there ain't no purple?
Post #: 4718
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/19/2020 7:22:42 AM   
Bruce Johnson

Jeff Gladney QB Rating:

Weeks 1-7: 145.8

Weeks 8-9: 67.6

(Purple FTW on Twitter)

Post #: 4719
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/19/2020 9:06:32 AM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

quote:

(Sam Ekstrom on Twitter)

(Big Tony on Twitter)

So maybe it wasn't the Vikings throwing in the towel when they traded him. they noticed he wasn't really any better than the much cheaper rookie they already had on the roster (Wonnum) and saw the writing on the wall and got some of their draft capital back.

Wonnum has played pretty well since the trade.

I think Speilman and Zimmer moved a guy when he was showing signs of slipping but still had value, before the bottom dropped out of his value

Think they figured out they have a one dimensional part time player like Ngakoue already on the roster in Odenigbo.

Both too light in the seat of the pants to be an every down DE.

I think Ngakoue is over rated and in no way shape or form is worth this 20ml per contract he thinks he is going to get.

< Message edited by Bill Jandro -- 11/19/2020 9:10:03 AM >

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 4720
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/19/2020 9:57:37 AM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

quote:

quote:

(Sam Ekstrom on Twitter)

(Big Tony on Twitter)

So maybe it wasn't the Vikings throwing in the towel when they traded him. they noticed he wasn't really any better than the much cheaper rookie they already had on the roster (Wonnum) and saw the writing on the wall and got some of their draft capital back.

I think Speilman and Zimmer moved a guy when he was showing signs of slipping but still had value, before the bottom dropped out of his value

Think they figured out they have a one dimensional part time player like Ngakoue already on the roster in Odenigbo.

I think Ngakoue is over rated and in no way shape or form is worth this 20ml per contract he thinks he is going to get.

Back when he was making his name with the Jags, they had a very good defense. It's always difficult to determine how good an individual is when he is benefitting from other good players, for example a Ramsey at CB.
Post #: 4721
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/19/2020 10:45:57 AM   
Bruce Johnson

The Vikings are 1st in yards/pass play & 2nd in yards/rush. Their play calling is about 50/50 on pass and run plays, with a slight edge toward pass plays. If that isn’t the definition of a well-balanced offense, then I don’t know what is.

(Jared Barsness on Twitter)

Dallas Cowboys Defense
-32nd in scoring (290)
-31st in rushing yards (1413)
-30th in rushing ypa (5.0)
-29th in PFF run defense grade (48.9)

(Purple FTW on Twitter)

< Message edited by Bruce Johnson -- 11/19/2020 10:47:14 AM >

Post #: 4722
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/19/2020 1:24:43 PM   
Bruce Johnson

I am reading that Ezra hurt his ankle on the first drive of the Bears game, but stayed in and gutted it out. He did not practice yesterday. Here's the injury report:

https://www.vikings.com/news/cowboys-injury-report-week-11

Here's is a quote of Kubiak per Courtney Cronin:

"I think you'll see Ezra come back pretty quickly. He's a tough young man."

I would like to think that we should be able to beat the Cow Pukes without him and so if he's not 100% he should take a week off.

Cronin also tweeted this:

Gary Kubiak said Brett Jones and Oli Udoh are getting work at right guard in the event that Ezra Cleveland (ankle) can't go Sunday vs. Dallas.

< Message edited by Bruce Johnson -- 11/19/2020 1:42:21 PM >

Post #: 4723
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/19/2020 3:24:05 PM   
thebigo

quote:

I am reading that Ezra hurt his ankle on the first drive of the Bears game, but stayed in and gutted it out. He did not practice yesterday. Here's the injury report:

https://www.vikings.com/news/cowboys-injury-report-week-11

Here's is a quote of Kubiak per Courtney Cronin:

"I think you'll see Ezra come back pretty quickly. He's a tough young man."

I would like to think that we should be able to beat the Cow Pukes without him and so if he's not 100% he should take a week off.

Cronin also tweeted this:

Gary Kubiak said Brett Jones and Oli Udoh are getting work at right guard in the event that Ezra Cleveland (ankle) can't go Sunday vs. Dallas.

Udoh should be getting work at guard regardless
Post #: 4724
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/19/2020 3:29:29 PM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

quote:

quote:

(Sam Ekstrom on Twitter)

(Big Tony on Twitter)

Vikings.com has has Hunter 2" taller but 6 lbs lighter than OdinBigo
Post #: 4725
Page:   <<   < prev  187 188 [189] 190 191   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  187 188 [189] 190 191   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode