Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  243 244 [245] 246 247   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/4/2021 10:40:29 AM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Brad H

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: bstinger

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mr. Ed

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

Because going 7-9 is more important than getting looks at young players in a meaningless game...

Chris Tomasson@christomasson

#Vikings rookie guard Kyle Hinton (seventh-round pick) was signed off the practice squad to the 53-man roster last Tuesday but he's inactive today. The Vikings are trying hard to win their finale today, so no thought given to auditioning Hinton.

Strange. Getting a look at Hinton, Udoh, and having O'Neal or Ezra (whomever they plan to put at LT next season) seems much more important than getting one last meaningless win.

Hey, Philly got it right, tanking and "evaluating young guys", while Grandpa Zimm had all the front-line guys he could win that meaningless game. As Captain Kirk said they started 2021 season yesterday.

Too bad they can't bank that win

They can do what they want, but for the integrity of the game, one with playoff implications, they should at least play players that have a scintilla of a chance of success. That QB they threw in there was awful. I'd have no problem if they were being blown out, but it was a 4 pt game with a full quarter to go. Playing Hurts was still getting a young guy time.

The Viking game was meaningless, we should've got young guys in there more.

Hurts was terrible in that game. He deserved to be benched.

Hurts has mobility. They have arguably the worst offensive line in football. Once they stuck in Sudfeld they had no chance. Might have well have had Wentz in a uniform. After all, he's making $32-million a year.

What, was he looking at Sudfeld for the future?

Maybe to ensure Hurts didn't get injured. Having "the worse offensive line in football" lends credence to that.

It was the final game of the season. He's got seven months to get healthy.

Too bad that might not be enough time. Let alone missing camp reps, etc.

C'mon now, that's just silly. IMO, Pederson just lost the entire locker room.

You're right. A second year QB doesn't need camp and preseason reps. And automatically comes back 100% on opening day. Silly me.
Post #: 6101
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/4/2021 10:42:28 AM   
Brad H

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Because going 7-9 is more important than getting looks at young players in a meaningless game...

#Vikings rookie guard Kyle Hinton (seventh-round pick) was signed off the practice squad to the 53-man roster last Tuesday but he's inactive today. The Vikings are trying hard to win their finale today, so no thought given to auditioning Hinton.

Strange. Getting a look at Hinton, Udoh, and having O'Neal or Ezra (whomever they plan to put at LT next season) seems much more important than getting one last meaningless win.

Hey, Philly got it right, tanking and "evaluating young guys", while Grandpa Zimm had all the front-line guys he could win that meaningless game. As Captain Kirk said they started 2021 season yesterday.

They can do what they want, but for the integrity of the game, one with playoff implications, they should at least play players that have a scintilla of a chance of success. That QB they threw in there was awful. I'd have no problem if they were being blown out, but it was a 4 pt game with a full quarter to go. Playing Hurts was still getting a young guy time.

Hurts has mobility. They have arguably the worst offensive line in football. Once they stuck in Sudfeld they had no chance. Might have well have had Wentz in a uniform. After all, he's making $32-million a year.

Maybe to ensure Hurts didn't get injured. Having "the worse offensive line in football" lends credence to that.

You're right. A second year QB doesn't need camp and preseason reps. And automatically comes back 100% on opening day. Silly me.

If that's the case, why did they start playing him four weeks ago?

Pederson lost the locker room last night. No way will they want to play for that guy, moving forward.

< Message edited by Brad H -- 1/4/2021 10:44:00 AM >

Defense starts at the corners!
Post #: 6102
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/4/2021 10:55:18 AM   
Ricky J

Id love to see NFL fans everywhere cancel their season tickets with the message: Im not paying for this garbage - play to win the game!

What a joke!
Post #: 6103
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/4/2021 10:56:52 AM   
Brad H

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ricky J

Id love to see NFL fans everywhere cancel their season tickets with the message: Im not paying for this garbage - play to win the game!

What a joke!

Pederson's just lucky there was no fans in the stands. Philly has the most obnoxious fans on the planet. They have a jail and courtroom below the stadium (or used to at the Vet).

< Message edited by Brad H -- 1/4/2021 11:01:12 AM >

Post #: 6104
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/4/2021 10:59:39 AM   
Karl Juhnke

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Karl Juhnke

Jefferson was the lone bright spot in this otherwise miserable season. He was not the receiver I wanted on draft day. I was 100% wrong. He’s a natural. He will be a star for a long time in this league..

I guess Cook being arguably the best back in the league could be considered a bright spot too. Less surprising but still a bright spot.

Other than that...nothing.

I’m never one of those guys but I was hoping the Vikings would lose yesterday. Not just for better draft position, but 6-10 is a slightly more justifiably fireable record and I’m bored with Zimmer. It’s not that I hate him or am all fired up about it. But this is entertainment and I’ve grown tired of his act. I’m ready to move on.

Spielman and Zimmer are thick as thieves. It wasn't happening either way.

Unless Spielman goes too. Which I’d also be fine with.
Post #: 6105
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/4/2021 11:00:38 AM   
Brad H

quote:

quote:

quote:

Jefferson was the lone bright spot in this otherwise miserable season. He was not the receiver I wanted on draft day. I was 100% wrong. He’s a natural. He will be a star for a long time in this league..

I guess Cook being arguably the best back in the league could be considered a bright spot too. Less surprising but still a bright spot.

Other than that...nothing.

I’m never one of those guys but I was hoping the Vikings would lose yesterday. Not just for better draft position, but 6-10 is a slightly more justifiably fireable record and I’m bored with Zimmer. It’s not that I hate him or am all fired up about it. But this is entertainment and I’ve grown tired of his act. I’m ready to move on.

Spielman and Zimmer are thick as thieves. It wasn't happening either way.

Unless Spielman goes too. Which I’d also be fine with.

Agreed.

Post #: 6106
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/4/2021 11:03:35 AM   
Bruce Johnson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Steve Lentz

quote:

Krammer:

Vikings defense finished with 23 sacks this year, the fewest in franchise history since it became an official stat in 1982. Yannick Ngakoue, traded away after Week 6, is the team's leader with five sacks.

Pathetic.

I know that we're hopeful in getting Hunter back next season, but this was not a good stat for a team with mostly rookie cornerbacks. I believe it affected our whole defense. Case in point: Harris played a different role this year (perhaps that's his excuse) and his production plummeted.

So I'm just wondering how high this area is in priority for the draft and/ or free agency. I think really high. I see a lot of speculation that the Vikings could be considering a number of edge rushers in the first round. I mean, there are about six of them or more worthy of selection in the first round. That first pick is going to be one of great consternation. So many places of need and then if you go by best player available, other players might have to considered too, such as wide receiver. There is no question that edge rusher is a greater need for our team, though.

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 6107
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/4/2021 11:05:54 AM   
Bruce Johnson

Speaking of need, this one is screaming, of course:

Kirk Cousins was the 3rd most pressured QB in the league this season, according to PFF, being pressured on 38.6% of his dropbacks.

(Warren Ludford on Twitter)

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 6108
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/4/2021 11:09:31 AM   
Bruce Johnson

Justin Jefferson as a 21-year-old rookie:

• 1400 yards, breaking the NFL rookie record
• 2.66 yards per route (2nd most)
• 90.4 PFF grade (2nd highest among WRs)
• 1st in WR DVOA
• 4.35% drop rate (14th-best among starting WRs)
• 4th-highest average YAC above expectation

Nick Olson on Twitter

Post #: 6109
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/4/2021 11:11:17 AM   
Bruce Johnson

Top #Vikings grades from #MINvsDET:

Offense
• Mattison - 90.4
• Jefferson - 75.8
• Ham - 70.0
• Hill - 69.1
• Thielen - 67.0
• O'Neill - 66.1

Defense
• Wilson - 75.0
• Davis - 69.4
• Smith - 65.2
• Mata'afa - 62.5
• Watts - 61.1
• Harris - 60.8

(Nick Olson)

Post #: 6110
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/4/2021 11:17:29 AM   
TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bruce Johnson

Kirk Cousins was the 3rd most pressured QB in the league this season, according to PFF, being pressured on 38.6% of his dropbacks.

And it goes beyond this. Even when the pocket doesn't collapse, there is still usually enough push up the middle to disrupt the passing windows.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 6111
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/4/2021 11:33:56 AM   
David Levine

quote:

quote:

quote:

Krammer:

Vikings defense finished with 23 sacks this year, the fewest in franchise history since it became an official stat in 1982. Yannick Ngakoue, traded away after Week 6, is the team's leader with five sacks.

Pathetic.

I know that we're hopeful in getting Hunter back next season, but this was not a good stat for a team with mostly rookie cornerbacks. I believe it affected our whole defense. Case in point: Harris played a different role this year (perhaps that's his excuse) and his production plummeted.

So I'm just wondering how high this area is in priority for the draft and/ or free agency. I think really high. I see a lot of speculation that the Vikings could be considering a number of edge rushers in the first round. I mean, there are about six of them or more worthy of selection in the first round. That first pick is going to be one of great consternation. So many places of need and then if you go by best player available, other players might have to considered too, such as wide receiver. There is no question that edge rusher is a greater need for our team, though.

All our defensive guru needs is 7-10 1st round picks and a few high priced free agents and we can have a top defense again.
Post #: 6112
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/4/2021 11:35:54 AM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

Then maybe he should stop holding onto the ball for so long.
Post #: 6113
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/4/2021 11:37:52 AM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

Offense
• Mattison - 90.4
• Jefferson - 75.8
• Ham - 70.0
• Hill - 69.1
• Thielen - 67.0
• O'Neill - 66.1

Defense
• Wilson - 75.0
• Davis - 69.4
• Smith - 65.2
• Mata'afa - 62.5
• Watts - 61.1
• Harris - 60.8

(Nick Olson)

Do you need to be a PFF member to get the grades?

What was Dozier's total grade?
Post #: 6114
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/4/2021 11:41:47 AM   
TJSweens

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Krammer:

Pathetic.

All our defensive guru needs is 7-10 1st round picks and a few high priced free agents and we can have a top defense again.

Would you settle for 24-27 7th round picks. That is a much more likely scenario.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 6115
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/4/2021 11:46:57 AM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

If that's the case, why did they start playing him four weeks ago?

Pederson lost the locker room last night. No way will they want to play for that guy, moving forward.

So you don't believe in benching players? Did you see that gimme TD Hurts threw short on?

You don't believe in getting bench players some game time to evaluate them when your team is going nowhere?

That goes for anyone who has their panties in a wad but has wanted to see a lousy-playing key player benched in the last game of a meaningless season.

< Message edited by Bill Johanesen -- 1/4/2021 11:58:40 AM >
Post #: 6116
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/4/2021 11:52:36 AM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ricky J

What a joke!

Agreed. When your starting QB is 7-20, 3.6 ypa, 0 TD, 1 Int it's time to stand up to that garbage and demand a change!

And time to evaluate the potential #2 QB (depending on what they do with Wentz). After that showing they have a small body of work suggesting he does not stick and they will need to look elsewhere.

< Message edited by Bill Johanesen -- 1/4/2021 11:54:14 AM >
Post #: 6117
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/4/2021 11:57:21 AM   
Bill Johanesen

Complaining about the "integrity" of the game while ignoring the Washington Football Team entered that game 6-9 with a good chance to make the playoffs, not to mention the expanded number of playoff teams is, well, a missed opportunity of huge proportions.
Post #: 6118
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/4/2021 12:06:19 PM   
David F.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Anderson

quote:

Offense
• Mattison - 90.4
• Jefferson - 75.8
• Ham - 70.0
• Hill - 69.1
• Thielen - 67.0
• O'Neill - 66.1

Defense
• Wilson - 75.0
• Davis - 69.4
• Smith - 65.2
• Mata'afa - 62.5
• Watts - 61.1
• Harris - 60.8

(Nick Olson)

Dozier graded out 63.9 overall, 54.4 pass blocking, 64.8 run blocking and had a penalty.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 6119
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/4/2021 1:34:38 PM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: David F.

quote:

quote:

Offense
• Mattison - 90.4
• Jefferson - 75.8
• Ham - 70.0
• Hill - 69.1
• Thielen - 67.0
• O'Neill - 66.1

Defense
• Wilson - 75.0
• Davis - 69.4
• Smith - 65.2
• Mata'afa - 62.5
• Watts - 61.1
• Harris - 60.8

(Nick Olson)

Dozier graded out 63.9 overall, 54.4 pass blocking, 64.8 run blocking and had a penalty.

Do you know season grade?
Post #: 6120
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/4/2021 1:36:48 PM   
Mark Anderson

Kubiak retires
Post #: 6121
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/4/2021 1:42:18 PM   
David F.

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: David F.

quote:

quote:

Offense
• Mattison - 90.4
• Jefferson - 75.8
• Ham - 70.0
• Hill - 69.1
• Thielen - 67.0
• O'Neill - 66.1

Defense
• Wilson - 75.0
• Davis - 69.4
• Smith - 65.2
• Mata'afa - 62.5
• Watts - 61.1
• Harris - 60.8

(Nick Olson)

Do you know season grade?

Overall 44.6. 36.7 pass blocking, 52.3 run blocking, 9 penalties.

Very poor.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 6122
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/4/2021 1:42:21 PM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

Kubiak retires

And with him the archaic playcalling where you run headlong into a wall of defenders five strait plays even when it isn't working for shit.

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 6123
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/4/2021 1:44:30 PM   
David F.

quote:

Kubiak retires

How many offensive coordinators now since Zimmer became head coach?

Post #: 6124
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/4/2021 1:45:20 PM   
David F.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trekgeekscott

quote:

Kubiak retires

And with him the archaic playcalling where you run headlong into a wall of defenders five strait plays even when it isn't working for shit.

I was watching yesterday's game. The Vikes were at/near the Lion's goal line. I kept thinking, maybe try Boone up the middle...

Post #: 6125
Page:   <<   < prev  243 244 [245] 246 247   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  243 244 [245] 246 247   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode