Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  244 245 [246] 247 248   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/4/2021 1:45:51 PM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: David F.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Anderson

Kubiak retires

How many offensive coordinators now since Zimmer became head coach?

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 6126
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/4/2021 1:47:01 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

Kubiak retires

Again?
Post #: 6127
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/4/2021 1:47:09 PM   
David F.

quote:

quote:

Kubiak retires

Looked it up. Assuming there's a 'next year' we will have our sixth OC in eight seasons with Zimmer. That seems not so good.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 6128
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/4/2021 1:47:26 PM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trekgeekscott

quote:

Kubiak retires

And with him the archaic playcalling where you run headlong into a wall of defenders five strait plays even when it isn't working for shit.

Yet we still threw for 4200 yards and Cook had his best year.

With our interior line I think Kubiak did pretty well. Not outstanding but pretty well.

< Message edited by Mark Anderson -- 1/4/2021 1:48:32 PM >
Post #: 6129
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/4/2021 1:47:26 PM   
David F.

quote:

quote:

quote:

Kubiak retires

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 6130
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/4/2021 1:48:37 PM   
David F.

quote:

quote:

quote:

Kubiak retires

And with him the archaic playcalling where you run headlong into a wall of defenders five strait plays even when it isn't working for shit.

Yet we still threw for 4200 yards.

With our interior line I think Kubiak did pretty well. Not outstanding but pretty well.

Jamies Winston threw for a lot of yards too. It helps when you're trailing more often than not.

Post #: 6131
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/4/2021 1:49:29 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

Kubiak retires

Co-coordinator? Assistant to the HC? Consultant? Offensive Coordinator for Rushing?
Post #: 6132
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/4/2021 1:49:54 PM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Kubiak retires

Yet we still threw for 4200 yards.

Jamies Winston threw for a lot of yards too. It helps when you're trailing more often than not.

He threw to the other team quite a bit also.
Post #: 6133
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/4/2021 1:51:38 PM   
Bill Johanesen

Does Zimmer have another son he can make offensive coordinator?
Post #: 6134
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/4/2021 1:55:38 PM   
bohumm

1. If you want to make the playoffs, win more than 6 games. That said, the Philly move was BS IMO.

2. Didn't see the game, but how is Cousins not grading out at at least 66.2? Were the receivers throwing to themselves?

3. Spielman and Zimmer are both meh. Meh at this point in their tenures should lead to an exit.

4. The Wilfs are apparently fine with meh. They should sell the team to someone who wants more than a playoff berth every other year and disappointing playoff performances.

5. DL, OL, or WR at 14, and trades up instead of down.
Post #: 6135
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/4/2021 1:56:44 PM   
SoMnFan

quote:

quote:

Kubiak retires

About 2 OCs for every 1 kicker in ZimWorld.

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 6136
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/4/2021 1:58:43 PM   
bohumm

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

Does Zimmer have another son he can make offensive coordinator?

Maybe his niece or her dog walker for special teams coordinator?
Post #: 6137
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/4/2021 1:59:06 PM   
David F.

quote:

Didn't see the game, but how is Cousins not grading out at at least 66.2? Were the receivers throwing to themselves?

You sort of answered your own question there.

Post #: 6138
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/4/2021 2:06:56 PM   
TJSweens

quote:

quote:

Didn't see the game, but how is Cousins not grading out at at least 66.2? Were the receivers throwing to themselves?

I saw the game and I have the same question. He completed 70% of his passes for over 400 yards with 3 TD and no picks.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 6139
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/4/2021 2:12:03 PM   
David F.

quote:

ORIGINAL: TJSweens

quote:

quote:

I saw the game and I have the same question. He completed 70% of his passes for over 400 yards with 3 TD and no picks.

PFF doesn't care if the defender drops the easy INT. He had two plays with those. One where he inexplicably threw it directly to a D-lineman standing all by himself. One of his passes to Jefferson was off the mark by such a degree that it caused Jefferson to lose his balance and fall down where he caught it. There was no defender in sight - easy TD. Kirk also took an early sack where he had plenty of time and just stood there as the lone rusher came at him. He made no attempt to elude the rusher. His rating for the day was accurate. It was the Lions. 3 TDs and 400 yards is the standard against them.

Post #: 6140
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/4/2021 2:20:54 PM   
TJSweens

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

PFF doesn't care if the defender drops the easy INT. He had two plays with those. One where he inexplicably threw it directly to a D-lineman standing all by himself. One of his passes to Jefferson was off the mark by such a degree that it caused Jefferson to lose his balance and fall down where he caught it. There was no defender in sight - easy TD. Kirk also took an early sack where he had plenty of time and just stood there as the lone rusher came at him. He made no attempt to elude the rusher. His rating for the day was accurate. It was the Lions. 3 TDs and 400 yards is the standard against them.

So, we have one near int, a completion that wasn't perfectly thrown and a sack. Yeah, that wipes 400 yds and 3 TD right off the board.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 6141
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/4/2021 2:23:03 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Lions D is 30th in passing yards allowed and 32nd in passing TDs allowed.

Plus you have to factor in the annual mid-Oct scheme change where they pack up and check out for the season. By the last game they are mentally on the beach in Cabo.
Post #: 6142
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/4/2021 2:28:54 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

So, we have one near int, a completion that wasn't perfectly thrown and a sack. Yeah, that wipes 400 yds and 3 TD right off the board.

The Lions allowed an average of 2.4 passing TDs per game this season so big props to Kurt for his additional 0.6 TDs!

He threw 112 yards over what their 30th ranked D allows. Whoo Hoo!
Post #: 6143
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/4/2021 2:34:04 PM   
Bill Johanesen

Time and again against the Lions, you could tell Kurt is just a natural born leader. The way he audibled out of bad calls. His pocket presence. The athleticism for today's game.

No way was he going to let the Lions win! Simply put, he oozes IT. $31 million dollars worth of IT, with more of both next year.
Post #: 6144
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/4/2021 2:34:15 PM   
bohumm

quote:

quote:

Wow. Didn't really expect this from you, but the bolded is exactly why I was asking the question. You gave some valid reasons, though that might not be enough to knock him down that far. PFF is not the Bible, Koran, or even the Big Book. Oh wait, none of those are the infallible Word of God, either.
Post #: 6145
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/4/2021 2:36:37 PM   
David F.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

TWO easy INTs that were dropped and a pass that was so bad it cost the team a TD. The rating is correct. They rewatch every play over and over. Sorry but the performance from yesterday wasn’t excellent it was just good.

Post #: 6146
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/4/2021 2:37:33 PM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

TWO easy INTs that were dropped and a pass that was so bad it cost the team a TD. The rating is correct. They rewatch every play over and over. Sorry but the performance from yesterday wasn’t excellent it was just good.

PFF is a waste of time. Their grades are in essence meaningless.

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 6147
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/4/2021 2:40:03 PM   
TJSweens

quote:

The Lions allowed an average of 2.4 passing TDs per game this season so big props to Kurt for his additional 0.6 TDs!

25% more TD and 40% more yards. The quality of the defense is irrelevant. QB's get rated whether they play good or bad defenses. You still have to execute and actually pile up those numbers. If we're going to play the mitigating factor game, Cousins put up big numbers without Cook and operating behind the shittiest line in football with one of its few good players out of the lineup.

Look, nobody is asking for Cousins to named offensive player of the week. bohum simply raised a good question. You would think those numbers would rate something 60 in PFF's grading regardless of who he played against.

< Message edited by TJSweens -- 1/4/2021 2:41:07 PM >

Post #: 6148
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/4/2021 2:40:06 PM   
David F.

quote:

ORIGINAL: bohumm

quote:

quote:

Wow. Didn't really expect this from you, but the bolded is exactly why I was asking the question. You gave some valid reasons, though that might not be enough to knock him down that far. PFF is not the Bible, Koran, or even the Big Book. Oh wait, none of those are the infallible Word of God, either.

I didn’t mean for my comment to be harsh but rather a good natured haha/gotcha type of thing

Post #: 6149
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/4/2021 2:42:25 PM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

quote:

25% more TD and 40% more yards. The quality of the defense is irrelevant. QB's get rated whether they play good or bad defenses. You still have to execute and actually pile up those numbers. If we're going to play the mitigating factor game, Cousins put up big numbers without Cook and operating behind the shittiest line in football with one of its few good players out of the lineup.

Look, nobody is asking for Cousins to named offensive player of the week. bohum simply raised a good question. You would think those numbers would rate something 60 in PFF's grading regardless of who he played against.

Which calls into question PFFs entire grading system.

Post #: 6150
Page:   <<   < prev  244 245 [246] 247 248   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  244 245 [246] 247 248   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode