Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: 2020 Wild Post Mortem Offseason & Draft

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Wild >> RE: 2020 Wild Post Mortem Offseason & Draft Page: <<   < prev  13 14 [15] 16 17   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: 2020 Wild Post Mortem Offseason & Draft - 10/7/2020 11:19:17 AM   
Jeff Jesser

You guys have said it but I was going to say. Souhan doesn't like it? Means it's the perfect fit.
Post #: 351
RE: 2020 Wild Post Mortem Offseason & Draft - 10/7/2020 11:19:58 AM   
TJSweens

Ryan O'Rourke D from Canada at #9

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 352
RE: 2020 Wild Post Mortem Offseason & Draft - 10/7/2020 11:20:54 AM   
Mr. Ed

quote:

ORIGINAL: TJSweens

Gave up pitching for the Twins a few years ago. Back as a hockey guy

Escape while you can!
Post #: 353
RE: 2020 Wild Post Mortem Offseason & Draft - 10/7/2020 11:21:20 AM   
kgdabom

How good do we all think Kunin is? A second and 3rd round pick plus a proven NHL vet for him. On the other hand we are trading a recent #15 overall pick.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 354
RE: 2020 Wild Post Mortem Offseason & Draft - 10/7/2020 11:22:36 AM   
TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jeff Jesser

You guys have said it but I was going to say. Souhan doesn't like it? Means it's the perfect fit.

I loved this comment from one of the readers ...

"This is a quintessential example of the “goodguyism” that has kept this market from winning in major sports "

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 355
RE: 2020 Wild Post Mortem Offseason & Draft - 10/7/2020 11:24:00 AM   
TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mr. Ed

quote:

Gave up pitching for the Twins a few years ago. Back as a hockey guy

I thought he was a congressman from Texas.

Post #: 356
RE: 2020 Wild Post Mortem Offseason & Draft - 10/7/2020 11:24:05 AM   
Hats4Bats

Defenseman Ryan O'Rourke is the pick

2020 NHL Draft Prospects: Ryan O’Rourke is is built for the NHL

O’Rourke is a very strong two way defender that is built for the NHL

A former first round pick in the OHL Priority Selection Draft, O’Rourke is a prospect that has all the tools to be a top pair defender in the NHL. Originally projected to be selected later in the draft, O’Rourke put himself on the bubble for the first round with a very strong sophomore year in the OHL. He started to move up draft boards after his standout performance at the CHL Top Prospects game and as the season progressed, his growth and development has forced a lot of people to take notice.

Where he’ll be Drafted

A lot later than he should be. Based on risk/reward, Ryan O’Rourke should probably be drafted somewhere int he second half of the first round. Like Timmins a few years ago, there is a strong possibility that he drifts into the second round, makings a team drafting somewhere in the 30-45 range very happy.

Hats for Bats - - Keep Bats warm
Post #: 357
RE: 2020 Wild Post Mortem Offseason & Draft - 10/7/2020 11:24:07 AM   
Mr. Ed

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jeff Jesser

I loved this comment from one of the readers ...

"This is a quintessential example of the “goodguyism” that has kept this market from winning in major sports "

So spot on

Escape while you can!
Post #: 358
RE: 2020 Wild Post Mortem Offseason & Draft - 10/7/2020 11:25:41 AM   
TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: kgdabom

How good do we all think Kunin is? A second and 3rd round pick plus a proven NHL vet for him. On the other hand we are trading a recent #15 overall pick.

I think the general consensus is that everybody was expecting more. Got the definite immediate impression that he wasn't a Guerin player.

Post #: 359
RE: 2020 Wild Post Mortem Offseason & Draft - 10/7/2020 11:26:51 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hats4Bats

Defenseman Ryan O'Rourke is the pick

2020 NHL Draft Prospects: Ryan O’Rourke is is built for the NHL

O’Rourke is a very strong two way defender that is built for the NHL

A former first round pick in the OHL Priority Selection Draft, O’Rourke is a prospect that has all the tools to be a top pair defender in the NHL. Originally projected to be selected later in the draft, O’Rourke put himself on the bubble for the first round with a very strong sophomore year in the OHL. He started to move up draft boards after his standout performance at the CHL Top Prospects game and as the season progressed, his growth and development has forced a lot of people to take notice.

Where he’ll be Drafted

A lot later than he should be. Based on risk/reward, Ryan O’Rourke should probably be drafted somewhere int he second half of the first round. Like Timmins a few years ago, there is a strong possibility that he drifts into the second round, makings a team drafting somewhere in the 30-45 range very happy.

I found that same article and was about to post it.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 360
RE: 2020 Wild Post Mortem Offseason & Draft - 10/7/2020 11:29:05 AM   
kgdabom

Gunler goes to Carolina at 41 and is declared the Steal of the Draft replacing Rossi.
However, since he's from Sweden and a smooth skater he can't be good.

< Message edited by kgdabom -- 10/7/2020 11:30:33 AM >

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 361
RE: 2020 Wild Post Mortem Offseason & Draft - 10/7/2020 11:30:39 AM   
TJSweens

Damn! We got the 70th pick too. We're back in the 3rd round. Started out with picks in every round, but the 3rd and wound up with the 3rd round pick and additional pick in the second.

You paying attention Spielman?

Post #: 362
RE: 2020 Wild Post Mortem Offseason & Draft - 10/7/2020 11:32:00 AM   
TJSweens

quote:

Gunler goes to Carolina at 41 and is declared the Steal of the Draft replacing Rossi.

No, I have no problem with Swedish forwards. It's the smooth skating passive aggressive Swedish defensemen I object to.

Post #: 363
RE: 2020 Wild Post Mortem Offseason & Draft - 10/7/2020 11:32:06 AM   
kgdabom

My YouTuber https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iT_wZ5ueJvw
Had all three Wild selections as first rounders.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 364
RE: 2020 Wild Post Mortem Offseason & Draft - 10/7/2020 11:34:59 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

quote:

No, I have no problem with Swedish forwards. It's the smooth skating passive aggressive Swedish defensemen I object to.

OK it's only the smooth skating Swedish D that are objectionable. It's OK to be a smooth Skating Swedish forward. Honestly I never heard anything about smooth skating regarding Gunler. His primary skill is as a freaking great sniper.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 365
RE: 2020 Wild Post Mortem Offseason & Draft - 10/7/2020 11:36:16 AM   
Phil Riewer

Michael Russo
@RussoHockey
·
41m
#mnwild trades Luke Kunin and the 101st pick to #preds for Nick Bonino and the 37th and 70th picks
Big trade

Michael Russo
@RussoHockey
·
16m
At No. 39, the #mnwild take young Sault Ste. Marie captain and feisty defenseman Ryan O'Rourke. Said to be a future captain, nasty, mean.

That is definitely what the Wild blue line lacks.

Michael Russo
@RussoHockey
·
40m
Bonino, 32, won two Stanley Cup in Nashville. $4.1 million cap hit, but $1.7 million of his salary was paid by Nashville in signing bonus

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 366
RE: 2020 Wild Post Mortem Offseason & Draft - 10/7/2020 11:36:59 AM   
Phil Riewer

Michael Russo
@RussoHockey
·
23m
At 37th overall, the #mnwild take SKA St. Pete center Marat Khusnutdinov from the KHL. Very skilled, excellent skater says Brian Lawton.

Wild stock-piling centers. Like it

Post #: 367
RE: 2020 Wild Post Mortem Offseason & Draft - 10/7/2020 11:40:24 AM   
shakeywalton

On the Kunin trade, the Wild got a high 2nd and 3rd round pick for a likely bottom 6 forward (Not a Center) that they would have had to expose in the expansion draft.

WIN WIN trade!
Post #: 368
RE: 2020 Wild Post Mortem Offseason & Draft - 10/7/2020 11:41:06 AM   
TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer
Michael Russo
@RussoHockey
·
16m
At No. 39, the #mnwild take young Sault Ste. Marie captain and feisty defenseman Ryan O'Rourke. Said to be a future captain, nasty, mean.

YES!!!

Post #: 369
RE: 2020 Wild Post Mortem Offseason & Draft - 10/7/2020 11:41:41 AM   
kgdabom

The Wild have added 3 centers today. Here's some details regarding the Kunin Bonino trade. Most sources I have checked like the deal for The Wild.

Just seconds before the second day of the NHL Entry Draft got underway, the Minnesota Wild made a trade with the Nashville Predators to acquire center Nick Bonino.

Heading the other way is 22-year-old forward Luke Kunin and the 101st pick. The Wild are also receiving the 37th and 70th picks in today’s event.

The 32-year-old forward is a solid two-way center and one that you can depend on in the middle-six of your lineup. Coming off of a year where he scored 18 goals and 35 points during his third season as a member of the Predators, Bonino has remained steady in his production during his recent career — averaging 0.43 points per game his last three campaigns.

Bonino has one year remaining on his four-year, $16.4-million contract with a cap hit of $4.1-million. Minnesota now have just over $8.4-million in cap space, with forward Jordan Greenway being the only significant restricted free agent remaining, now that Luke Kunin is gone.

The young forward was one of the promising crop of forwards that the Wild stocked up as they tried to contend. The former 15th-overall pick will be heading to Nashville and could find some production that he was never able to find in Minnesota.

Through three seasons and 131 games, Kunin scored 23 goals and 52 points, most recently posting 31 points in 63 games last season.

Although Bonino is an entire decade older, it could prove to be the better trade for the Wild, especially taking into consideration the draft picks involved. Coming the Wild’s way are high second-round and third-round selections to kickstart this needed rebuild and scouting turnover.

With the first pick received from Nashville, at 37th-overall, the Wild selected center Marat Khusnutdinov, a two-way center with an extremely high work ethic.

The future is here and sometimes it takes trading away a post-hype prospect that still has some potential, for an established NHL center that can play important minutes.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 370
RE: 2020 Wild Post Mortem Offseason & Draft - 10/7/2020 11:42:11 AM   
TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: shakeywalton

On the Kunin trade, the Wild got a high 2nd and 3rd round pick for a likely bottom 6 forward (Not a Center) that they would have had to expose in the expansion draft.

WIN WIN trade!

Bonino will also be a useful role player and clear $4 million off the books after the season.

Post #: 371
RE: 2020 Wild Post Mortem Offseason & Draft - 10/7/2020 11:44:37 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

WIN WIN trade!

Bonino will also be a useful role player and clear $4 million off the books after the season.

Not only that....seems like a true leader.

Post #: 372
RE: 2020 Wild Post Mortem Offseason & Draft - 10/7/2020 11:44:39 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

quote:

Michael Russo
@RussoHockey
·
16m

YES!!!

I like it too, but I'm going to pay attention to this Gunler guy as I have a strong appreciation for snipers. I hope we made the right choice.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 373
RE: 2020 Wild Post Mortem Offseason & Draft - 10/7/2020 11:45:13 AM   
shakeywalton

quote:

quote:

WIN WIN trade!

Yep, they're cleaning house to an extent. Something that should have been done 3 years ago.

AND I think they're preparing for the expansion draft which they should have done last time instead of losing Haula and Tuch!
Post #: 374
RE: 2020 Wild Post Mortem Offseason & Draft - 10/7/2020 11:45:48 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

quote:

Michael Russo
@RussoHockey
·
16m

YES!!!

I like it too, but I'm going to pay attention to this Gunler guy as I have a strong appreciation for snipers. I hope we made the right choice.

We have a sniper or two coming....need centers. I like what they have done. Draft 3 and who cares if the 3rd rounder ends up better than the first...

Post #: 375
Page:   <<   < prev  13 14 [15] 16 17   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Wild >> RE: 2020 Wild Post Mortem Offseason & Draft Page: <<   < prev  13 14 [15] 16 17   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode