Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: 2020 Wild Post Mortem Offseason & Draft

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Wild >> RE: 2020 Wild Post Mortem Offseason & Draft Page: <<   < prev  14 15 [16] 17 18   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: 2020 Wild Post Mortem Offseason & Draft - 10/7/2020 11:46:55 AM   
kgdabom

Khusnitdinov is a smurf. 5'9" and only 165 pounds. Makes the undersized Rossi look large in comparison.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 376
RE: 2020 Wild Post Mortem Offseason & Draft - 10/7/2020 11:47:17 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: shakeywalton

quote:

ORIGINAL: TJSweens

quote:

On the Kunin trade, the Wild got a high 2nd and 3rd round pick for a likely bottom 6 forward (Not a Center) that they would have had to expose in the expansion draft.

WIN WIN trade!

Bonino will also be a useful role player and clear $4 million off the books after the season.

Yep, they're cleaning house to an extent. Something that should have been done 3 years ago.

AND I think they're preparing for the expansion draft which they should have done last time instead of losing Haula and Tuch!

For some reason not only could they not clean house they seem to get more in draft picks and return players??? Almost like teams know not to mess with Guerin? Fletch never seemed to get as much as he should have in trades. Fenton didn't either.

Fletch would have ended up with a 4th or 5th for Kunin....lol

< Message edited by Phil Riewer -- 10/7/2020 11:48:36 AM >

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 377
RE: 2020 Wild Post Mortem Offseason & Draft - 10/7/2020 11:48:00 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: kgdabom

Khusnitdinov is a smurf. 5'9" and only 165 pounds. Makes the undersized Rossi look large in comparison.

Speed guys...we are really slow.

Post #: 378
RE: 2020 Wild Post Mortem Offseason & Draft - 10/7/2020 11:51:53 AM   
Phil Riewer

Michael Russo
@RussoHockey
·
1m
Obviously anything can change before a potential Jan. 1 start date, and there could be a lot more moves in this roster turnover, but the Wild's top 5 centers "AS OF NOW" may go Marcus Johansson, Joel Eriksson Ek, Nick Bonino, Nico Sturm, Victor Rask

Nick Bjugstad, maybe, to wing

Post #: 379
RE: 2020 Wild Post Mortem Offseason & Draft - 10/7/2020 11:54:13 AM   
shakeywalton

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

Michael Russo
@RussoHockey
·
1m
Obviously anything can change before a potential Jan. 1 start date, and there could be a lot more moves in this roster turnover, but the Wild's top 5 centers "AS OF NOW" may go Marcus Johansson, Joel Eriksson Ek, Nick Bonino, Nico Sturm, Victor Rask

Nick Bjugstad, maybe, to wing

I'm also hearing Rossi may start the season with the Wild. Many say the kid is ready NOW.
Post #: 380
RE: 2020 Wild Post Mortem Offseason & Draft - 10/7/2020 11:54:41 AM   
shakeywalton

quote:

I'm showing 5'11, 176
Post #: 381
RE: 2020 Wild Post Mortem Offseason & Draft - 10/7/2020 11:57:32 AM   
TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

quote:

Speed guys...we are really slow.

Yep. In the NHL, you either want a speed lineup or a heavy lineup. The Wild are medium height and medium speed.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 382
RE: 2020 Wild Post Mortem Offseason & Draft - 10/7/2020 11:57:46 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

quote:

I'm showing 5'11, 176

Interesting. Different sources different measurements.

I got mine from Elite Prospects

https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/552045/marat-khusnutdinov

< Message edited by kgdabom -- 10/7/2020 12:03:51 PM >

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 383
RE: 2020 Wild Post Mortem Offseason & Draft - 10/7/2020 11:59:41 AM   
kgdabom

Despite the trades and draft picks Kaprizov is still the main reason for excitement about the Wild. If I understand correctly we have him under contract for this coming season and that's it. Could we lose him for nothing after that or how do NHL contracts work?

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 384
RE: 2020 Wild Post Mortem Offseason & Draft - 10/7/2020 12:00:00 PM   
TJSweens

Keep in mind these are vital statistics on growing teenagers, from various countries and leagues. Some numbers are out dated or in transition.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 385
RE: 2020 Wild Post Mortem Offseason & Draft - 10/7/2020 12:01:19 PM   
TJSweens

quote:

Despite the trades and draft picks Kaprizov is still the main reason for excitement about the Wild. If I understand correctly we have him under contract for this coming season and that's it. Could we lose him for nothing after that or how do NHL contracts work?

He's under contract for 2 years and then becomes RFA. He will be here for a while.

Post #: 386
RE: 2020 Wild Post Mortem Offseason & Draft - 10/7/2020 12:03:55 PM   
Hats4Bats

quote:

quote:

He's under contract for 2 years and then becomes RFA. He will be here for a while.

Phew...KG, don't scare us like that

Hats for Bats - - Keep Bats warm
Post #: 387
RE: 2020 Wild Post Mortem Offseason & Draft - 10/7/2020 12:05:07 PM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hats4Bats

quote:

quote:

Phew...KG, don't scare us like that

They basically burned up a year to make him happy and come here.

Post #: 388
RE: 2020 Wild Post Mortem Offseason & Draft - 10/7/2020 12:05:27 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

quote:

I'm pretty sure the 19-20 season that he never played in counts as his first so he only has one year remaining. How does RFA work. Is it like NBA where we can match his best offer?

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 389
RE: 2020 Wild Post Mortem Offseason & Draft - 10/7/2020 12:06:43 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

Keep in mind these are vital statistics on growing teenagers, from various countries and leagues. Some numbers are out dated or in transition.

True. However, you would think these sites have pretty up to date info.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 390
RE: 2020 Wild Post Mortem Offseason & Draft - 10/7/2020 12:10:33 PM   
shakeywalton

quote:

quote:

quote:

I'm pretty sure the 19-20 season that he never played in counts as his first so he only has one year remaining. How does RFA work. Is it like NBA where we can match his best offer?

Yes and I fully expect the Wild to match any offer.

Another reason for the trade as Bonino's only has 1 year remaining. They'll need to money to sign both Kap and Fiala
Post #: 391
RE: 2020 Wild Post Mortem Offseason & Draft - 10/7/2020 12:18:05 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Another reason for the trade as Bonino's only has 1 year remaining. They'll need to money to sign both Kap and Fiala

Thanks so we let the market set his price.
Bonino expires and we use his money and more to sign Kap. Makes sense.

< Message edited by kgdabom -- 10/7/2020 12:19:28 PM >

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 392
RE: 2020 Wild Post Mortem Offseason & Draft - 10/7/2020 12:23:21 PM   
Hats4Bats

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Thanks so we let the market set his price.
Bonino expires and we use his money and more to sign Kap. Makes sense.

wow..forward thinking....NOVEL

Hats for Bats - - Keep Bats warm
Post #: 393
RE: 2020 Wild Post Mortem Offseason & Draft - 10/7/2020 12:27:34 PM   
Jeff Jesser

No. The kid is under contract for 2 more years as Tim pointed out. Yes, we brought him over and burned a year but that was off his 3 year deal.
Post #: 394
RE: 2020 Wild Post Mortem Offseason & Draft - 10/7/2020 12:50:36 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jeff Jesser

No. The kid is under contract for 2 more years as Tim pointed out. Yes, we brought him over and burned a year but that was off his 3 year deal.

This is what I found on a quick google search.

Kaprizov has put pen to paper and has signed his two-year entry-level contract, the first year will be burned, so essentially it is a one-year contract for the 2020-2021 season. This will mean that the 23-year-old Russian will be one year closer to what likely will be a long and lucrative contract with the Wild.Jul 13, 2020

Has there been an update?

< Message edited by kgdabom -- 10/7/2020 12:52:07 PM >

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 395
RE: 2020 Wild Post Mortem Offseason & Draft - 10/7/2020 12:52:43 PM   
SoMnFan

Those who know Guerin well trust him.

I'm in that boat until proven otherwise.
The difference between him and Fletch is that Guerin was in the war, Fletch was not.
Guerins done all the shit that a soldier has to do to win it all.
That will help him in the long run (I hope)

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 396
RE: 2020 Wild Post Mortem Offseason & Draft - 10/7/2020 12:59:44 PM   
Jeff Jesser

quote:

quote:

Kaprizov has put pen to paper and has signed his two-year entry-level contract, the first year will be burned, so essentially it is a one-year contract for the 2020-2021 season. This will mean that the 23-year-old Russian will be one year closer to what likely will be a long and lucrative contract with the Wild.Jul 13, 2020

No, I think you're right. I had thought it was 3 with one gone but everything I read says you're right.
Post #: 397
RE: 2020 Wild Post Mortem Offseason & Draft - 10/7/2020 1:04:30 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

quote:

quote:

No, I think you're right. I had thought it was 3 with one gone but everything I read says you're right.

I don't understand the NHL contract rules nearly as well as I understand the NFL and NBA rules. It seems their must be some kind of rookie contract limits so Kaprizov played his leverage into only having to play one year under a rookie cap.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 398
RE: 2020 Wild Post Mortem Offseason & Draft - 10/7/2020 1:05:08 PM   
kgdabom

Wild with another trade. Moved up to pick 65. We give up 70 and 132.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 399
RE: 2020 Wild Post Mortem Offseason & Draft - 10/7/2020 1:09:19 PM   
TJSweens

quote:

quote:

quote:

The bottom line is that it gets Kaprizov to RFA status one year sooner. The Wild still have control over him.

Post #: 400
Page:   <<   < prev  14 15 [16] 17 18   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Wild >> RE: 2020 Wild Post Mortem Offseason & Draft Page: <<   < prev  14 15 [16] 17 18   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode