Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: 2020 Wild Post Mortem Offseason & Draft

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Wild >> RE: 2020 Wild Post Mortem Offseason & Draft Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: 2020 Wild Post Mortem Offseason & Draft - 7/15/2020 7:36:24 AM   
Mr. Ed

When broadcasts are on site, can't wait for the exciting moments of any sporting event

and the players look up to the broadcast area, because there are no fans to drown them out.

Escape while you can!
Post #: 76
RE: 2020 Wild Post Mortem Offseason & Draft - 7/15/2020 8:56:12 AM   
stfrank

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mr. Ed

When broadcasts are on site, can't wait for the exciting moments of any sporting event

and the players look up to the broadcast area, because there are no fans to drown them out.

LOL, I can just imagine Staal or Parise looking up and shaking their heads when they hear the crap that comes out of Lapanta's and Greenlay's mouths.
Post #: 77
RE: 2020 Wild Post Mortem Offseason & Draft - 7/15/2020 8:58:59 AM   
Mr. Ed

quote:

ORIGINAL: stfrank

quote:

LOL, I can just imagine Staal or Parise looking up and shaking their heads when they hear the crap that comes out of Lapanta's and Greenlay's mouths.

Exactly. Some of that is going to happen...somewhere.

Baseball
basketball
hockey

Escape while you can!
Post #: 78
RE: 2020 Wild Post Mortem Offseason & Draft - 7/15/2020 9:58:24 AM   
stfrank

quote:

quote:

quote:

Exactly. Some of that is going to happen...somewhere.

Baseball
basketball
hockey

On second thought, LaPanta and Greenlay won't be anywhere near these games. It will most likely be NHL Network or NBC announcers covering the games. Only us Minnesota fans are subjected to those two homers.
Post #: 79
RE: 2020 Wild Post Mortem Offseason & Draft - 7/18/2020 11:27:45 AM   
stfrank

Watching the Wild's first intra-squad scrimmage live on Wild Youtube TV right now. It's fun to watch some live hockey!!
There is a link on the Wild.com page.
Post #: 80
RE: 2020 Wild Post Mortem Offseason & Draft - 7/22/2020 10:52:37 AM   
kevinemmer

Love seeing Kaprisov finally signed-WOOT!!

And good for Evason, here's your chance buddy.

PS Do us all a favor and bench Dubes and demote #9.
Post #: 81
RE: 2020 Wild Post Mortem Offseason & Draft - 7/22/2020 10:59:57 AM   
SoMnFan

quote:

ORIGINAL: kevinemmer

Agree on all Kevin
Great time to transition into some of the OBVIOUS moves this team needs

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 82
RE: 2020 Wild Post Mortem Offseason & Draft - 7/22/2020 11:00:24 AM   
SoMnFan

"it's really for YOUR safety, Mikko ……. trust us …. it's about you"

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 83
RE: 2020 Wild Post Mortem Offseason & Draft - 7/22/2020 5:42:50 PM   
stfrank

quote:

ORIGINAL: SoMnFan

quote:

Agree on all Kevin

From all reports Miko is centering the 4th line through camp, and I doubt he moves up unless someone is hurt.
As for Dubes, I was listening to PA this morning and both he and Russo were talking like Stalock will get the first start unless he falters badly in camp.
Post #: 84
RE: 2020 Wild Post Mortem Offseason & Draft - 7/22/2020 6:15:55 PM   
kgdabom

is our series with Vancouver? Is it considered a toss up?

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 85
RE: 2020 Wild Post Mortem Offseason & Draft - 7/23/2020 9:11:08 AM   
kevinemmer

quote:

quote:

quote:

Agree on all Kevin

From all reports Miko is centering the 4th line through camp, and I doubt he moves up unless someone is hurt.
As for Dubes, I was listening to PA this morning and both he and Russo were talking like Stalock will get the first start unless he falters badly in camp.

Good news on both!
Post #: 86
RE: 2020 Wild Post Mortem Offseason & Draft - 7/23/2020 9:42:52 AM   
TJSweens

Good to see Evason doesn't place any emphasis on paying homage to Mikko. Centering the 4th line and killing penalties is a role he can fill very capably in the playoffs. No top 6 or power play shifts.

I think the entire league knows that NTG will not steal a playoff win for you and will probably give one away.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 87
RE: 2020 Wild Post Mortem Offseason & Draft - 7/23/2020 12:55:01 PM   
joejitsu

I've cleared my Saturday and purchased the beer. Now, I just have to wait for the puck to drop! Hawks vs. oilers.
Post #: 88
RE: 2020 Wild Post Mortem Offseason & Draft - 7/23/2020 12:57:26 PM   
joejitsu

Socially distancing, of course. About five people will be over, and I have a basement. That's where the beer will be.
Post #: 89
RE: 2020 Wild Post Mortem Offseason & Draft - 7/23/2020 1:18:14 PM   
SoMnFan

quote:

ORIGINAL: joejitsu

I've cleared my Saturday and purchased the beer. Now, I just have to wait for the puck to drop! Hawks vs. oilers.

Very cool joe

Are you guys without Toews?

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 90
RE: 2020 Wild Post Mortem Offseason & Draft - 7/23/2020 1:20:02 PM   
SoMnFan

This feels like we're going back to playing youth tournaments with these guys
Like we all traveled to Duluth for a long weekend
Can't imagine how good the knee hockey games in the hotel will be

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 91
RE: 2020 Wild Post Mortem Offseason & Draft - 7/23/2020 3:29:25 PM   
TJSweens

Secret to Wild center Joel Eriksson Ek’s success? ‘He’s pretty annoying to play against’

By DANE MIZUTANI | dmizutani@pioneerpress.com | Pioneer Press
PUBLISHED: July 22, 2020 at 2:45 p.m. | UPDATED: July 23, 2020 at 10:24 a.m.

As the Wild continue preparation for their upcoming qualifying series against the Vancouver Canucks, coach Dean Evason is looking for some chippiness out of his players.

“It’s part of the progression,” Evason said. “I hope they are sick and tired of each other at this point and want to get after someone else.”

Luckily for Evason, he has a player on his team who has no problem stirring the pot: 23-year-old Joel Eriksson Ek.

Though he is stingy with his words on and off the ice, the 6-foot-1, 210-pound center from Sweden has a knack for irritating opponents during games.

Why?

“Because he’s pretty annoying to play against,” linemate Zach Parise said with a laugh. “He’s got an edge to him that can get under the opponent’s skin. He does that to a lot of guys in practice even.”

That much has been clear throughout the Wild’s revamped training camp as Eriksson Ek always seems to be smack dab in the middle of a board battle. He was as physical as ever throughout Wednesday’s practice and likely will bring that same level of intensity to Thursday’s scrimmage.

Asked about his ability as an agitator, Eriksson Ek assured that he doesn’t do it on purpose. He’s never looking for a fight when he hops over the boards.

“I don’t think that’s something I’m putting my energy into,” he said. “It just comes to me. I’m not trying to go out and run over guys. I’m trying to play as hard as I can every shift and work as hard as I can to help my team.”

That tends to make opponents lose their focus. No matter if it’s a face wash after the whistle, or a bevy of haymakers out of the blue, Eriksson Ek has seen it all over the course of his career.

Maybe the most agitating thing about Eriksson Ek is that he almost never responds to taunting. He maintains his same blank stare regardless of the situation — and that only makes opponents more upset as the game progresses.

That could bode well for Eriksson Ek in the postseason as his line will more than likely be tasked with shutting down Canucks star Elias Pettersson and whoever he is centering on a given night.

“We’re just going to try to force turnovers and get the puck behind their D and work from there,” Eriksson Ek said. “I think our strength is in the forecheck and getting pucks around the net and taking second opportunities on the puck.”

That said, Eriksson Ek doesn’t see himself as the player solely in charge of limiting Pettersson throughout the qualifying series.

“It’s not only me,” Eriksson Ek said. “It’s going to be the whole team that’s going to have to do it. We know we are going to have to play hard and defend and then go from there. Just work the right way and do the right things all the time to be successful.”

It’s also safe to assume Eriksson Ek will get his opponents to unravel at some point, and that might be enough to make the difference.

“He is going to be a very important part,” Evason said. “He’s taken such a big step forward with his development in his all-around game. We have seen his offensive game get better and better. Plus, his compete level is as high as anybody. He’s as strong and skates as well. Just a real hard guy to play against. We are going to use him in a lot of different situations.”

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 92
RE: 2020 Wild Post Mortem Offseason & Draft - 7/23/2020 3:55:37 PM   
joejitsu

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: joejitsu

Very cool joe

Are you guys without Toews?

Hey, my friend! I hope you are getting through this strange time with minimal difficulty. It sounds like Toews is back in the fold. He practiced today, and insists that he voted yes to return.
Post #: 93
RE: 2020 Wild Post Mortem Offseason & Draft - 7/23/2020 3:57:40 PM   
joejitsu

quote:

This feels like we're going back to playing youth tournaments with these guys
Like we all traveled to Duluth for a long weekend
Can't imagine how good the knee hockey games in the hotel will be

Do they still have Dog and Suds drive in's? Those were popular stops, if I remember correctly.
Post #: 94
RE: 2020 Wild Post Mortem Offseason & Draft - 7/23/2020 5:13:25 PM   
stfrank

Update from Russo's latest in The Athletic:
Goaltending battle
Stalock, considered the frontrunner to start Game 1 against Vancouver in large part because he was 11-4-1 down the stretch and has done nothing to hurt himself in camp, improved to 2-0 in scrimmages.

Stalock gave up two goals Thursday, Devan Dubnyk three.

Kaapo Kahkonen, who gave up no goals in one period of work in last week’s scrimmage, was outstanding in his lone period Thursday. He replaced Dubnyk and was perfect in the third period, denying Ryan Hartman, Ryan Donato and Sam Anas on breakaways.

“Well, from my lack of goaltending knowledge, he looked great,” Evason said. “He looked like he challenged. Have not talked to (Minnesota goalie coach Bob Mason or Iowa goalie coach Frederic Chabot) about the goaltenders yet. He’s obviously a great goaltender and challenged very well. But we thought all the goaltenders played extremely well today in the scrimmage. Look forward to having that tough decision.”

Evason said he hasn’t decided who will start next Wednesday’s exhibition game against the Colorado Avalanche or whether the starter would go the full 60 minutes or be replaced at some point by the backup.

“We truly have not spoke of it,” Evason said. “We have four goaltenders who are here. When we need to make that decision, then we will.”

Sounds to me like Kahkonen could leap frog Duby for the right to backup Stalock.
Post #: 95
RE: 2020 Wild Post Mortem Offseason & Draft - 7/29/2020 12:29:11 PM   
SoMnFan

I see the Wild play Sunday/Tuesday/Thursday, until BETTMANN finds out.

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 96
RE: 2020 Wild Post Mortem Offseason & Draft - 7/29/2020 6:42:32 PM   
joejitsu

I know it’s just an exhibition, but it’s always nice to see the Hawks score one against the blues!
Post #: 97
RE: 2020 Wild Post Mortem Offseason & Draft - 7/29/2020 7:25:03 PM   
stfrank

quote:

I see the Wild play Sunday/Tuesday/Thursday, until BETTMANN finds out.

And the times are 9:30 PM, 9:45 PM and TBD.....he had to make sure he could alienate the MN fans as much as possible.
Post #: 98
RE: 2020 Wild Post Mortem Offseason & Draft - 7/29/2020 10:56:33 PM   
twinsfan

Really weak goal, Stalock.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 99
RE: 2020 Wild Post Mortem Offseason & Draft - 7/29/2020 10:57:07 PM   
twinsfan

Very sweet one-timer goal by Dumba. I always liked that guy.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 100
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Wild >> RE: 2020 Wild Post Mortem Offseason & Draft Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode