Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: 2020 Wild Post Mortem Offseason & Draft

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Wild >> RE: 2020 Wild Post Mortem Offseason & Draft Page: <<   < prev  6 7 [8] 9 10   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: 2020 Wild Post Mortem Offseason & Draft - 8/13/2020 3:41:57 PM   
twinsfan

Who owns the rights to Michael Bitzer?

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 176
RE: 2020 Wild Post Mortem Offseason & Draft - 8/13/2020 3:42:52 PM   
SoMnFan

Mrs Bitzer

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 177
RE: 2020 Wild Post Mortem Offseason & Draft - 8/13/2020 3:47:06 PM   
TJSweens

He played last year in the German hockey league after three years in the East Coast League. I'm guessing nobody.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 178
RE: 2020 Wild Post Mortem Offseason & Draft - 8/13/2020 3:48:04 PM   
twinsfan

quote:

ORIGINAL: TJSweens

He played last year in the German hockey league after three years in the East Coast League. I'm guessing nobody.

How didn't he make it? He was a stud.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 179
RE: 2020 Wild Post Mortem Offseason & Draft - 8/13/2020 3:48:15 PM   
SoMnFan

Eispiraten Crimmitschau

Del2 league in Germany as Tim says

Atlanta Gladiators of the ECHL: before that

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 180
RE: 2020 Wild Post Mortem Offseason & Draft - 8/13/2020 3:48:51 PM   
SoMnFan

Too small for any league above these

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 181
RE: 2020 Wild Post Mortem Offseason & Draft - 8/13/2020 3:53:19 PM   
TJSweens

Yep. The track record of 5'11" goalies isn't real good.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 182
RE: 2020 Wild Post Mortem Offseason & Draft - 8/15/2020 1:56:17 PM   
twinsfan

I haven't heard Carly on the KFAN morning show in a loooooong time. Seems like she's been replaced by Marney. Wonder how that's going over in the Zucker household?

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 183
RE: 2020 Wild Post Mortem Offseason & Draft - 8/17/2020 8:49:38 AM   
SoMnFan

quote:

ORIGINAL: twinsfan

I haven't heard Carly on the KFAN morning show in a loooooong time. Seems like she's been replaced by Marney. Wonder how that's going over in the Zucker household?

They're too busy with the playoffs …. wait …….

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 184
RE: 2020 Wild Post Mortem Offseason & Draft - 8/27/2020 10:05:11 AM   
TJSweens

Here are breakdowns of some of the more common names that mock drafts have being taken by the Wild.

Anton Lundell C Finnland: NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!!! Defensive centers, who aren’t that fast are a dime a dozen. Number 9 is way too high for a guy like this. Here is a sampling of evaluations for him.

Ryan Kennedy - The Hockey News - May 11th: "Lundell is practically plug-and-play. A big center who always makes sure he takes care of his own end, Lundell will be in the NHL for a long time."

Alex Chauvancy - The Hockey Writers - May 11th: "There’s nothing flashy about his game, but he excels at both ends of the ice. He’s an exceptional defender and has incredible hockey IQ. His offense may lag behind some of the other top prospects in this class. But he has enough offensive upside to be a very effective two-way, second-line center in the NHL."

Sam Cosentino - Sportsnet - Apr. 8th: "The questions surrounding his offensive upside have not subsided, but there is security in a projection that he’ll eventually at least be able to play effectively down in the lineup."

Sam Cosentino - Sportsnet - Mar. 4th: "While there may be some concerns about his offensive ceiling, Lundell’s complete game makes him a safe pick if the floor is a third-line centre."

Medium speed, Finnish center with high hockey IQ who’s offensive ceiling is suspect and lags his defensive game. Ladies and gentlemen, I give you Mikko Koivu II. He is a high floor / low ceiling player. I’ve had enough of Mikko Koivu I over the last 15 years to last me well into the next life.

Yaroslav Askarov G, Russia: In general, teams are reluctant to take goalies in the early first round or even in the first round at all. However, Askarov is being described as a generational talent in goal. We have all seen how a dominant goalie can almost single handedly win a playoff series. Askarov could be that goalie. I’d be happy with this pick.

Ryan Kennedy - The Hockey News - May 11th: "Flat out, Askarov has the chance to be the best goalie of his generation. A world junior starter at 17, he had his ups and downs in Ostrava, but scouts still see a total-package netminder with No. 1 potential."

Peter Baracchini - The Hockey Writers - May 11th: "The soon to be 18-year-old has high-end vision, movements and reflexes, making the most difficult of saves look easy."

Sam Cosentino - Sportsnet - Apr. 8th: "The enormous gap to the next best goalie prospect in addition to his size and athleticism makes Askarov a viable option from pick No. 5 on."

Cam Robinson - Dobber Prospects - Apr. 1st: "Hits all the markers – size, composure, puck-tracking, elasticity, and competitive fire. Was very good in the VHL as a 17-year-old – something we never see."

Mike G. Morreale - NHL.com - Mar. 20th: "The 17-year-old already is an intimidating presence in net with great poise, athleticism and a quick glove. Askarov was 12-3 with a 2.45 goals-against average and .920 save percentage in 18 games in Russia's minor league."

Jake Sanderson, D USA: Second generation NHL talent. Supposed to be great skater, lock down defensive zone player with a fast growing offensive game. Was in the middle of a breakout season offensively when the pandemic shut everything down. Was supposedly the best player on the US U-18 team. Sounds like a future captain. I would be happy with this pick as well.

Mike G. Morreale - NHL.com - June 23rd: "Sanderson is to the 2019-20 NTDP U-18 team what Jack Hughes was to it last season: its most valuable player. The son of former NHL forward Geoff Sanderson is a mobile puck mover with a dominant defensive mindset and steadily improving offensive game."

Sam Cosentino - Sportsnet - Apr. 8th: "Comes by his pro mentality honestly and was in the midst of a second-half surge when hockey shut-down."

Cam Robinson - Dobber Prospects - Apr. 1st: "A raw defender who oozes potential. His game seemed to transform as the season wore on. Has all-around upside, including untapped offensive skills. Someone will fall in love early."

Mike G. Morreale - NHL.com - Mar. 20th: "Sanderson, the son of former NHL forward Geoff Sanderson, a mobile puck-mover with a dominant defensive mindset and an improving offensive game. He had 29 points (seven goals, 22 assists) in 47 games and will attend the University of North Dakota next season."

Sam Cosentino - Sportsnet - Mar. 4th: "Game continues to improve. Untapped offensive potential. Professional attitude and leadership abilities wreak of a decades-long NHL career."

Sam Cosentino - Sportsnet - Feb. 5th: "Beyond brilliant performance at the BioSteel All-American Top Prospects game gave a glimpse into the future."

Jack Quinn, RW/LW, Ottowa: Looks like the biggest goal scorer that could be available to us. Prospects who can continue to put it in the back of the net as they move up are hard to find. Another pick that would be fine with me.

Cam Robinson - Dobber Prospects - Apr. 1st: "It’s not too often we see a draft-eligible OHLer pop 50 goals. Quinn did it despite his season-ending abruptly thanks to Covid-19. He accomplished this while playing on a stacked 67s squad, but played his 5v5 minutes away from Rossi."

Mike G. Morreale - NHL.com - Mar. 20th: "Scouts have taken notice after a solid summer of training. He's versatile enough to play all three forward positions and has the offensive instincts to execute plays. He was second in the OHL with 52 goals and tied for eighth with 89 points in 62 games."

Sam Cosentino - Sportsnet - Mar. 4th: "The goal-scoring pops (48 in 59 games), especially since he doesn’t play on Ottawa’s top line. The developmental curve year over year has scouts excited about Quinn’s potential."

< Message edited by TJSweens -- 8/27/2020 10:07:37 AM >

Post #: 185
RE: 2020 Wild Post Mortem Offseason & Draft - 8/27/2020 10:42:02 AM   
SoMnFan

Good stuff
Will be an interesting pick

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 186
RE: 2020 Wild Post Mortem Offseason & Draft - 8/27/2020 10:52:54 AM   
TJSweens

I'm really leaning Askarov, even if #9 is considered early for a goalie. In their entire existence, the Wild have never had that goalie who steals games and series for them. Instead, from the beginning, we have been treated to Manny Moments, Bakks Blunders and Duby Du-ohs. Harding looked like the one goalie who could have been that stand on his head and frustrate the living crap out of the other team for 60 minutes plus OT guy. Sadly MS robbed him of his career.

I don't know what Kappo's future will be, but it is hard for me to find a downside in having two dominant goalies. What a dilemma that would be.

Post #: 187
RE: 2020 Wild Post Mortem Offseason & Draft - 8/27/2020 11:13:02 AM   
SoMnFan

Apparently Kappo hasn't impressed the current leadership enough to unseat the two that weren't great for us this year
I agree
We aren't set there

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 188
RE: 2020 Wild Post Mortem Offseason & Draft - 8/27/2020 11:13:39 AM   
SoMnFan

Josh Harding may be one of the worst of many hard-luck stories we carry around
What could have been

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 189
RE: 2020 Wild Post Mortem Offseason & Draft - 8/27/2020 11:25:40 AM   
TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: SoMnFan

Apparently Kappo hasn't impressed the current leadership enough to unseat the two that weren't great for us this year
I agree
We aren't set there

Has he not impressed enough or has he not impressed enough given that the other 2 are under contract through next year?

Post #: 190
RE: 2020 Wild Post Mortem Offseason & Draft - 8/27/2020 11:33:45 AM   
SoMnFan

Just sayin
I thought he might get the shot in this weird playoff they went thru, why not?
But he didn't.
Its almost always about the money, I get that

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 191
RE: 2020 Wild Post Mortem Offseason & Draft - 8/27/2020 5:49:00 PM   
stfrank

I'd take the top center available or the top goalie available. We need both in our system as soon as possible.
Post #: 192
RE: 2020 Wild Post Mortem Offseason & Draft - 9/11/2020 9:09:52 PM   
Jeff Jesser

I haven't followed Bjugstad's pro career. Has anyone? Stud in college and a clear upgrade over 9.
Post #: 193
RE: 2020 Wild Post Mortem Offseason & Draft - 9/12/2020 7:28:01 AM   
stfrank

Bjugstad hasn't played a full season since 2017-18 due to one injury after another and recently had back surgery in May for a herniated disk, so let's hope he recovers fully.
A conditional 7th round pick if he plays 70 games or scores 35 points and Pitttsburgh is paying half of his remaining salary. Hoping coming home will rejuvenate his game because we sure need some help at center.
Post #: 194
RE: 2020 Wild Post Mortem Offseason & Draft - 9/12/2020 9:51:35 AM   
TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: stfrank

I'd take the top center available or the top goalie available. We need both in our system as soon as possible.

By # 9 the top 2 tiers of centers will be gone. At that point, I would take a generational talent in goal like Askarov over someone like Lundell.

Post #: 195
RE: 2020 Wild Post Mortem Offseason & Draft - 9/12/2020 9:59:13 AM   
TJSweens

quote:

Bjugstad hasn't played a full season since 2017-18 due to one injury after another and recently had back surgery in May for a herniated disk, so let's hope he recovers fully.
A conditional 7th round pick if he plays 70 games or scores 35 points and Pitttsburgh is paying half of his remaining salary. Hoping coming home will rejuvenate his game because we sure need some help at center.

When healthy, he is a 3rd line center at best. Maybe 15 to 20 goals and 40 points. And he is rarely healthy.

Post #: 196
RE: 2020 Wild Post Mortem Offseason & Draft - 9/12/2020 11:07:24 AM   
stfrank

quote:

ORIGINAL: TJSweens

quote:

When healthy, he is a 3rd line center at best. Maybe 15 to 20 goals and 40 points. And he is rarely healthy.

Agreed. As usual, we will have a logjam at 3rd and 4th line center and no true 1st and 2nd line centers. Guerin has his work cut out for him for sure.
Post #: 197
RE: 2020 Wild Post Mortem Offseason & Draft - 9/12/2020 1:52:39 PM   
Phil Riewer

Since he basically is getting paid by Pens I don't mind the trade other than...making a trade with the Pens.

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 198
RE: 2020 Wild Post Mortem Offseason & Draft - 9/12/2020 2:52:08 PM   
TJSweens

Oh, it's a zero risk move. Conditional 7th. Pens pay most of the salary. Good move.

Post #: 199
RE: 2020 Wild Post Mortem Offseason & Draft - 9/13/2020 11:54:01 AM   
Phil Riewer

Best thing is now need to sign Galynchuk or however you spell his name.....

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 200
Page:   <<   < prev  6 7 [8] 9 10   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Wild >> RE: 2020 Wild Post Mortem Offseason & Draft Page: <<   < prev  6 7 [8] 9 10   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode