Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: 2020 Draft Challenge

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: 2020 Draft Challenge Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: 2020 Draft Challenge - 4/23/2020 12:15:08 PM   
Brad H

quote:

ORIGINAL: kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Brad H

I thought this draft prediction thread would automatically retire after I predicted Moritz Böhringer

That was a great call.

HOF prediction

Tell me you all know he made no such prediction. I have put him back on iggy because of this. He might just be trying to be funny or he might be delusional enough to actually believe it.

Who the hell is kgdabomb? -- Bill Tobin

< Message edited by Brad H -- 4/23/2020 12:19:03 PM >

Defense starts at the corners!
Post #: 26
RE: 2020 Draft Challenge - 4/23/2020 12:56:38 PM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I thought this draft prediction thread would automatically retire after I predicted Moritz Böhringer

That was a great call.

HOF prediction

Tell me you all know he made no such prediction. I have put him back on iggy because of this. He might just be trying to be funny or he might be delusional enough to actually believe it.

KG...you need to not take the Draft Challenge so seriously....maybe why Brad said it?

So you think he's just trying to be funny. OK. I just don't have any tolerance for it.

Because you are taking the draft challenge too seriously.....("I just don't have any tolerance for it")

Lighten up a bit; this is supposed to be a fun 3 days.

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 27
RE: 2020 Draft Challenge - 4/23/2020 1:01:31 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

That was a great call.

HOF prediction

KG...you need to not take the Draft Challenge so seriously....maybe why Brad said it?

So you think he's just trying to be funny. OK. I just don't have any tolerance for it.

Because you are taking the draft challenge too seriously.....("I just don't have any tolerance for it")

Lighten up a bit; this is supposed to be a fun 3 days.

It has nothing to do with the draft challenge. It has to do with Brad claiming genius from the draft thread the year we drafted Bow Finger. I think he was serious at the time. I along with another poster or two went back to whatever it was he said and clearly showed he made no such prediction.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 28
RE: 2020 Draft Challenge - 4/23/2020 1:09:01 PM   
David F.

If I remember correctly I think not only did he call it correctly but he also nailed the exact spot we took him.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 29
RE: 2020 Draft Challenge - 4/23/2020 1:23:51 PM   
Phil Riewer

This seems to happen every year in this thread. I don't remember one prediction except the Moritz one to be honest. lol

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 30
RE: 2020 Draft Challenge - 4/23/2020 2:06:32 PM   
Brad H

quote:

ORIGINAL: David F.

If I remember correctly I think not only did he call it correctly but he also nailed the exact spot we took him.

Wizard-like

Post #: 31
RE: 2020 Draft Challenge - 4/23/2020 4:18:49 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

He didn't predict we would draft him or say we should draft him. I'm guessing you are just wanting to join Brad in getting on my nerves.
I said something like he's probably not our best choice, but I couldn't resist drafting him just before we did. Somebody else said something along the lines of drafting him. I don't remember who it was and I don't feel like going back to find those posts. What was it? 3 years ago?

< Message edited by kgdabom -- 4/23/2020 4:22:41 PM >

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 32
RE: 2020 Draft Challenge - 4/23/2020 4:55:46 PM   
DeLain

1 CJ Henderson
2 Josh Jones
3 Denzel Mims
4 James Lynch
5 Jake Fromm
6 Kevin Dotson
7 Alohi Gilman
8 Cameron Dantzler
9 Kameron Cline
10 Frederick Mauigoa
11 Carter Coughlin
12 Chris Williamson

Trades 5
14 WRs
OT, WR, CB
Chris Williamson
Post #: 33
RE: 2020 Draft Challenge - 4/23/2020 4:57:34 PM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

quote:

He didn't predict we would draft him or say we should draft him. I'm guessing you are just wanting to join Brad in getting on my nerves.
I said something like he's probably not our best choice, but I couldn't resist drafting him just before we did. Somebody else said something along the lines of drafting him. I don't remember who it was and I don't feel like going back to find those posts. What was it? 3 years ago?

I too like getting on your nerves ... but admit trying to annoy Brad is also a hoot.

Several people mentioned Bowfinger before the pick ... the fact that he was in studio being interviewed by Mayock while the Vikings drafted him had something to do with it not being a surprise to anyone. Brad wasn't the first to predict it, just the first to take credit for it.
Post #: 34
RE: 2020 Draft Challenge - 4/23/2020 4:59:54 PM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: DeLain

1 CJ Henderson
2 Josh Jones
3 Denzel Mims
4 James Lynch
5 Jake Fromm
6 Kevin Dotson
7 Alohi Gilman
8 Cameron Dantzler
9 Kameron Cline
10 Frederick Mauigoa
11 Carter Coughlin
12 Chris Williamson

Trades 5
14 WRs
OT, WR, CB
Chris Williamson

That would be about the best possible scenario. Period.
Post #: 35
RE: 2020 Draft Challenge - 4/23/2020 5:15:09 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tom Sykes

quote:

quote:

I too like getting on your nerves ... but admit trying to annoy Brad is also a hoot.

Several people mentioned Bowfinger before the pick ... the fact that he was in studio being interviewed by Mayock while the Vikings drafted him had something to do with it not being a surprise to anyone. Brad wasn't the first to predict it, just the first to take credit for it.

He didn't predict it. Not even close.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 36
RE: 2020 Draft Challenge - 4/23/2020 6:35:41 PM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

He didn't predict it. Not even close.

He called it before. Clearly. He just wasn't the first one.
Post #: 37
RE: 2020 Draft Challenge - 4/23/2020 7:11:21 PM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

quote:

quote:

The whole thing was fixed

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 38
RE: 2020 Draft Challenge - 4/24/2020 2:03:27 PM   
Brad H

Still waiting for the last pick when they announce Kurt Bilben as Mr. Irrelevant. It will top my Moritz Böhringer pick.

Post #: 39
RE: 2020 Draft Challenge - 4/24/2020 3:53:14 PM   
Bruce Johnson

I may not get a single player right. So far I have not. Predicting players is really a crap shoot. It's a lot easier moments before the selection as you then know who is still on the board, but to predict before the draft begins is like throwing darts across the street at a target.

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 40
RE: 2020 Draft Challenge - 4/24/2020 4:12:07 PM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bruce Johnson

I may not get a single player right. So far I have not. Predicting players is really a crap shoot. It's a lot easier moments before the selection as you then know who is still on the board, but to predict before the draft begins is like throwing darts across the street at a target.

I swear to god I think I started the challenge with Jefferson and let kgdabom influence me out of that one (out of sheer pride I changed to Pittman [instead of Mims who I actually preferred but just couldnt lose face]).

At the last minute I changed Gladney for Terrell ... probably from something another poster said.

I'm so easily swayed.
Post #: 41
RE: 2020 Draft Challenge - 4/24/2020 4:23:27 PM   
Murph

quote:

quote:

I swear to god I think I started the challenge with Jefferson and let kgdabom influence me out of that one (out of sheer pride I changed to Pittman [instead of Mims who I actually preferred but just couldnt lose face]).

At the last minute I changed Gladney for Terrell ... probably from something another poster said.

I'm so easily swayed.

I started with Ruggs, changed to Jefferson, than bought into the late talk of trade up and changed back to Ruggs, lol

I did get Gladney

Hey Wilf's, let's build a "Perennial Super Bowl contender" not a "perennial playoff contender".
Post #: 42
RE: 2020 Draft Challenge - 4/24/2020 4:50:06 PM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: Murph

quote:

quote:

I'm so easily swayed.

I started with Ruggs, changed to Jefferson, than bought into the late talk of trade up and changed back to Ruggs, lol

I did get Gladney

I see you have Ruiz 3rd (I had him 2nd). lol

I changed Ol hunt to WR claypool last minute also.

So we know we are drafting Hunt sometime in 2nd.
Post #: 43
RE: 2020 Draft Challenge - 4/24/2020 5:57:20 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Murph

quote:

quote:

I'm so easily swayed.

I did get Gladney

I see you have Ruiz 3rd (I had him 2nd). lol

I changed Ol hunt to WR claypool last minute also.

So we know we are drafting Hunt sometime in 2nd.

I'd like Hunt in the third. 2nd seems too early.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 44
RE: 2020 Draft Challenge - 4/25/2020 9:04:02 PM   
Mark Anderson

KG 5

Mark A 0

Hats 9

Tom S 6

Murph 5

KWheats 9

David F 12

Bruce 0

DeLain 9

< Message edited by Mark Anderson -- 4/26/2020 12:52:42 PM >
Post #: 45
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: 2020 Draft Challenge Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode