Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: WEEK 11: vs Cowboys 11-22-20 3:25PM CT

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Game Day Talk >> RE: WEEK 11: vs Cowboys 11-22-20 3:25PM CT Page: <<   < prev  8 9 10 11 [12]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: WEEK 11: vs Cowboys 11-22-20 3:25PM CT - 11/22/2020 10:51:04 PM   
Brad H

A real leader takes his team down the field and wins the game. Had plenty of time. Playing a shitty defense.

Defense starts at the corners!
Post #: 276
RE: WEEK 11: vs Cowboys 11-22-20 3:2Spec5PM CT - 11/23/2020 7:05:43 AM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

Colts first drive in OT - one holding. That's like five in their last two drives.

Colts only had one drive in OT, 3 runs for 8 yards and a FG.

Last two drives. One in reg and one in OT.
Post #: 277
RE: WEEK 11: vs Cowboys 11-22-20 3:2Spec5PM CT - 11/23/2020 7:05:56 AM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

ORIGINAL: bstinger

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

5 min remaining and our offense goes 3 and out. Rinse and repeat

False.

I didn't see the game but was following it on my phone tracker. our defense forced a punt and we got the ball back with 5 -6 min left and went three and out. Put the D right back on the field.

Unsure what happened on them 3 plays. if JJ dropped a pass or what. All I know is we went three and out when we desperately needed to run some clock.

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 278
RE: WEEK 11: vs Cowboys 11-22-20 3:25PM CT - 11/23/2020 8:16:32 AM   
SoMnFan

quote:

ORIGINAL: TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: SoMnFan

Tread lightly boys
This is the dreaded "been playing well, think we are back in this thing" trap game.
Take a page out of Tomlins book. Look up what he says about their game this week with 1-8 Jacksonville.
Anything less than our best preparation could derail everything the last 3 weeks had been building towards.

BUMP:

You called it. Defeat successfully snatched from the jaws of victory. The Vikings are the only team in football that can make McCarthy look like an offensive genious.

Worst thing about yesterday was seeing (several times) the graphic about the guy with the most wins vs us in history?
Yep, that tub of goo
Something like 17 wins we have had to watch that zipperhead put on us. Pathetic.
Add that to Cousins winning like 2 out of the 10 times he's played the Cowboys, ugh.
Cousins seems to have a lot of those type numbers.

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 279
RE: WEEK 11: vs Cowboys 11-22-20 3:25PM CT - 11/23/2020 8:23:55 AM   
TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mr. Ed

quote:

quote:

Tread lightly boys
This is the dreaded "been playing well, think we are back in this thing" trap game.
Take a page out of Tomlins book. Look up what he says about their game this week with 1-8 Jacksonville.
Anything less than our best preparation could derail everything the last 3 weeks had been building towards.

BUMP:

You called it. Defeat successfully snatched from the jaws of victory. The Vikings are the only team in football that can make McCarthy look like an offensive genious.

Same type of stuff he did in GB

Dink and dunk them down the field

Then punched massive holes in the defense in the fourth quarter.

What a shock. Zimmer team comes off a big win and loses.

Get all the calls.

True. A couple of absolute garbage calls changed the dynamic of the second quarter. The phantom hold on Bradbury turned 3rd and 2 into 2nd and 22. The personal foul called on Smith was absolute crap. The hit was chest to chest while the receiver was still trying to bring the ball in. It was no different that the hit that got put on Cook that caused the fumble.

That said, the game was still there to be won and they didn't.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 280
RE: WEEK 11: vs Cowboys 11-22-20 3:25PM CT - 11/23/2020 9:19:46 AM   
thebigo

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Tread lightly boys

BUMP:

Get all the calls.

True. A couple of absolute garbage calls changed the dynamic of the second quarter. The phantom hold on Bradbury turned 3rd and 2 into 2nd and 22. The personal foul called on Smith was absolute crap. The hit was chest to chest while the receiver was still trying to bring the ball in. It was no different that the hit that got put on Cook that caused the fumble.

The worst call was actually the non-call on the helmet to helmet hit on Cousins that caused the fumble by Cousins leading to the Conboys first TD. That D guy will get fined for the hit, yet the result of the play was completely in favor of the Conboys thanks to the peewee level refs.
Post #: 281
RE: WEEK 11: vs Cowboys 11-22-20 3:2Spec5PM CT - 11/23/2020 9:22:06 AM   
thebigo

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

quote:

Colts first drive in OT - one holding. That's like five in their last two drives.

Colts only had one drive in OT, 3 runs for 8 yards and a FG.

Last two drives. One in reg and one in OT.

No holding call against them in OT.
Post #: 282
RE: WEEK 11: vs Cowboys 11-22-20 3:2Spec5PM CT - 11/23/2020 9:30:34 AM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

quote:

quote:

False.

I didn't see the game but was following it on my phone tracker. our defense forced a punt and we got the ball back with 5 -6 min left and went three and out. Put the D right back on the field.

Unsure what happened on them 3 plays. if JJ dropped a pass or what. All I know is we went three and out when we desperately needed to run some clock.

Actually we didn't go conservative. Play action to Rudy got us a 1st down.

Then passed 2 out of the next 3 plays. Thielen got held on an out pattern. No call. Punt.
Post #: 283
RE: WEEK 11: vs Cowboys 11-22-20 3:25PM CT - 11/23/2020 9:32:51 AM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Tread lightly boys

BUMP:

Get all the calls.

Last pass annoyed me. At least give Thielen a chance. Who cares if they intercept it.
Post #: 284
RE: WEEK 11: vs Cowboys 11-22-20 3:25PM CT - 11/23/2020 10:37:34 AM   
SoMnFan

Lost in the mix, after the horrific ending, was

* we found out our punter can throw the ball better than he can kick it
* we found another guy (Boyd) who doesn't understand the game of football, so that's nice

You can bring it to your QBs (or your punters) attention that HEY IM UNCOVERED, when you are playing in the back yard at Thanksgiving with your cousin Billy and the kids ... but in the real life NFL, you still gotta stay set, while you are peeing your pants in anticipation.
Good Lord

Our ST are a hot mess, in a dumpster, on fire. WTH

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 285
RE: WEEK 11: vs Cowboys 11-22-20 3:2Spec5PM CT - 11/23/2020 10:44:04 AM   
SoMnFan

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

False.

Actually we didn't go conservative. Play action to Rudy got us a 1st down.

Then passed 2 out of the next 3 plays. Thielen got held on an out pattern. No call. Punt.

Every once in a great while, we will run a play like the pass to Rudy, early in the series, at a critical time, and I will go "HEY! we DO actually understand modern football!"

And then, we will go totally away from it, for what seems like forever.

And the other maddening thing?
ROLLING Cousins out of trouble, TO HIS STRONG SIDE . ...... WORKED ALL DAY !!!!!!!
Who would have ever thought that?

Oh wait .... we fans did. Nevermind.

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 286
RE: WEEK 11: vs Cowboys 11-22-20 3:2Spec5PM CT - 11/23/2020 11:06:14 AM   
Daniel Lee Young

I swear, this team has a list of plays .

The ones that work get checked off, heads nod.. yea, that was a good one.. we may try that next week..

Then.. oh crap that play didn’t work.. let’s keep tying it until we get it on the “nice list” .. 4-5 times in a row.. ought to work out the kinks..

Wait, we lost field position and had to punt.. no probs..we will work on that SAME play next series....

"Thou shall not bear false witness”
I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 287
Page:   <<   < prev  8 9 10 11 [12]
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Game Day Talk >> RE: WEEK 11: vs Cowboys 11-22-20 3:25PM CT Page: <<   < prev  8 9 10 11 [12]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode