Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Wolves 2020

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: ronhextall, Karl Juhnke
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Timberwolves >> RE: Wolves 2020 Page: <<   < prev  10 11 [12] 13 14   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Wolves 2020 - 1/10/2021 9:04:16 AM  1 votes
McMurfy

Right now it’s Fanboy Saunders who needs to go.

Deer in the Headlights.

The Curse of Mauer is gone!
Post #: 276
RE: Wolves 2020 - 1/10/2021 9:39:57 AM   
Mr. Ed

I don't think Saunders is gone until the team is sold.

And the sooner that happens, the better.

Escape while you can!
Post #: 277
RE: Wolves 2020 - 1/10/2021 6:04:02 PM   
David Levine

KAT not surprisingly sitting out the 2nd night of a back-to-back.

Okogie returns.

Sadly DeRozan will miss the game to be with his ailing father in LA.
Post #: 278
RE: Wolves 2020 - 1/11/2021 6:43:46 AM   
Karl Juhnke

Much better defensive effort. But I think San Antonio just ran out gas which had a lot to do with it.

D’lo had another classic D’lo night. Amazing talent sprinkled with some maddening goofy plays where he goes to Mars temporarily. I’ll take the whole package because he’s in general a likable guy. I read in the star tribune in his post game zoom interview he took time to initiate a discussion with reporters on the events in DC, asking them their thoughts and sharing his own. His thoughts, like his game, weren’t exactly eloquent, but his heart is in the right place.

He’s more than just a typical coddled self centered NBA millionaire. He seems genuine and sincere.

Truth does not mind being questioned. A lie does not like to be challenged.
Post #: 279
RE: Wolves 2020 - 1/11/2021 7:55:52 AM   
SoMnFan

quote:

ORIGINAL: McMurfy

Deer in the Headlights.

He looks cute in his post game get-ups, tho, no?
Someone's trying too hard.
And its not a good look.
Flip was my guy, so I can't throw Ryan out of the house, but damn, he's been given too many keys.

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 280
RE: Wolves 2020 - 1/11/2021 8:00:47 AM   
Phil Riewer

Defense sure is better with Okogie back.

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 281
RE: Wolves 2020 - 1/11/2021 8:31:44 AM   
TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: SoMnFan

quote:

ORIGINAL: McMurfy

Deer in the Headlights.

He looks cute in his post game get-ups, tho, no?
Someone's trying too hard.
And its not a good look.
Flip was my guy, so I can't throw Ryan out of the house, but damn, he's been given too many keys.

I am still convinced that even though Glen Taylor went out of his way to say the coach was Rosas's decision, it wasn't Rosas' decision. Gerson was smart enough to go out and get a couple of well respected assistants for young Ryan, to give him his best chance to succeed. He will, no doubt, elevate of them to HC when Ryan is done proving to Glen that job is beyond him.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 282
RE: Wolves 2020 - 1/11/2021 8:52:01 AM   
TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: Karl Juhnke

Much better defensive effort. But I think San Antonio just ran out gas which had a lot to do with it.

D’lo had another classic D’lo night. Amazing talent sprinkled with some maddening goofy plays where he goes to Mars temporarily. I’ll take the whole package because he’s in general a likable guy. I read in the star tribune in his post game zoom interview he took time to initiate a discussion with reporters on the events in DC, asking them their thoughts and sharing his own. His thoughts, like his game, weren’t exactly eloquent, but his heart is in the right place.

He’s more than just a typical coddled self centered NBA millionaire. He seems genuine and sincere.

San Antonio shouldn't have been any more out of gas than the Wolves. I'm hoping for the best with D'lo. The stats and analytics suggest he is only a marginal upgrade from Wiggins. They eye test tells me that he is a lot more intense and engaged than Wigggins. I hope that means he is capable of moving a lot closer to his ceiling as a player because he has a ton of skill.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 283
RE: Wolves 2020 - 1/11/2021 9:36:37 AM   
Karl Juhnke

quote:

ORIGINAL: TJSweens

quote:

San Antonio shouldn't have been any more out of gas than the Wolves. I'm hoping for the best with D'lo. The stats and analytics suggest he is only a marginal upgrade from Wiggins. They eye test tells me that he is a lot more intense and engaged than Wigggins. I hope that means he is capable of moving a lot closer to his ceiling as a player because he has a ton of skill.

I know SA shouldn’t have been more out of gas but they were. It happens. Even Pop said so.

Post #: 284
RE: Wolves 2020 - 1/11/2021 9:42:29 AM   
Karl Juhnke

I think Ryan was forced on Rosas yes. But I don’t think Rosas was entirely opposed to it. Ryan’s a young guy, popular with the team, totally 100% on board with Rosas system and very eager to please. Rosas knew the first year or two were going to be a mess while he blew up the team. So why not leave a guy like Ryan at the helm through that? If he proves himself worthy of staying, fine. If not Rosas can bring in his guy for phase II.

Rosas had nothing to lose by keeping grandpa happy.

< Message edited by Karl Juhnke -- 1/11/2021 11:05:07 AM >

Post #: 285
RE: Wolves 2020 - 1/11/2021 10:09:01 AM   
David Levine

quote:

quote:

Other way around. Russell is one of the few (only?) Max guys who actually contribute less to winning than Wiggins...
Post #: 286
RE: Wolves 2020 - 1/11/2021 11:00:31 AM   
TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

quote:

quote:

Other way around. Russell is one of the few (only?) Max guys who actually contribute less to winning than Wiggins...

The point being, there isn't a whole lot of difference between them. Losing a 1st round draft choice in the process is just criminally stupid.

Post #: 287
RE: Wolves 2020 - 1/11/2021 11:11:37 AM   
Karl Juhnke

quote:

quote:

quote:

But he’s more entertaining than Wiggins. I’ll take the more entertaining waste of max salary if those are my choices. It makes my beer go down easier when watching games.

Plus Towns like him, so there’s that. Keep the big guy happy. It’s not a given he’ll want to stick around forever here on the frozen tundra.

Post #: 288
RE: Wolves 2020 - 1/11/2021 11:12:02 AM   
David Levine

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

The point being, there isn't a whole lot of difference between them. Losing a 1st round draft choice in the process is just criminally stupid.

Rosas has made a lot of suspect moves, that trade was the most damning.

We traded for, at best, a lateral player on the exact same contract AND threw in a high pick.
Post #: 289
RE: Wolves 2020 - 1/11/2021 11:13:12 AM   
TJSweens

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Rosas has made a lot of suspect moves, that trade was the most damning.

We traded for, at best, a lateral player on the exact same contract AND threw in a high pick.

In what is supposed to be one of the best drafts in years.

Post #: 290
RE: Wolves 2020 - 1/11/2021 11:14:36 AM   
David Levine

quote:

But he’s more entertaining than Wiggins. I’ll take the more entertaining waste of max salary if those are my choices. It makes my beer go down easier when watching games.

I find him even more frustrating, because he dominates the ball. Wigs at least would disappear...

quote:

Plus Towns like him, so there’s that. Keep the big guy happy. It’s not a given he’ll want to stick around forever here on the frozen tundra.

I think that's overblown.

If we continue to lose, I doubt having a buddy on the team would make one bit of difference in KAT's mind about staying.
Post #: 291
RE: Wolves 2020 - 1/11/2021 11:21:23 AM   
TJSweens

quote:

I find him even more frustrating, because he dominates the ball. Wigs at least would disappear...

Kind of says it all about a player when one of his best qualities is that will disappear for stretches. Like I said, I actually hold out some small hope for D'lo in that he actually looks like he gives a damn out there. I suspect a good coach could channel that and help him improve his game. If we ever get a good coach, we'll find out.

Unfortunately, my gut tells me that we will continue along a the rinse & repeat path until Glen sells the team to a group that won't put KG in charge.

Post #: 292
RE: Wolves 2020 - 1/11/2021 11:24:44 AM   
David Levine

quote:

quote:

Kind of says it all about a player when one of his best qualities is that will disappear for stretches. Like I said, I actually hold out some small hope for D'lo in that he actually looks like he gives a damn out there. I suspect a good coach could channel that and help him improve his game. If we ever get a good coach, we'll find out.

Unfortunately, my gut tells me that we will continue along a the rinse & repeat path until Glen sells the team to a group that won't put KG in charge.

He had a very good coach in Brooklyn and the team was just as good without him as with him.
Post #: 293
RE: Wolves 2020 - 1/11/2021 11:28:05 AM   
TJSweens

quote:

quote:

quote:

He had a very good coach in Brooklyn and the team was just as good without him as with him.

That's why I said small hope.

Post #: 294
RE: Wolves 2020 - 1/11/2021 2:35:05 PM   
Karl Juhnke

quote:

quote:

That’s kind of where I’m at too. I think we 100% know what Wiggins is by now. And to be stuck with that would have been depressing. I get the sense that Russel may still be evolving. And as you said, it seems like he has more desire to make it work.

Post #: 295
RE: Wolves 2020 - 1/11/2021 2:47:05 PM   
David Levine

quote:

quote:

quote:

That’s kind of where I’m at too. I think we 100% know what Wiggins is by now. And to be stuck with that would have been depressing. I get the sense that Russel may still be evolving. And as you said, it seems like he has more desire to make it work.

Is that just because we've seen a lot less of Russell than Wiggins? It is his 6th year.
Post #: 296
RE: Wolves 2020 - 1/11/2021 3:05:09 PM   
TJSweens

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Is that just because we've seen a lot less of Russell than Wiggins? It is his 6th year.

Yes, we have had much less time to develop a loathing for him.

Post #: 297
RE: Wolves 2020 - 1/11/2021 5:16:52 PM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Looking like we doubled down on stupid.

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 298
RE: Wolves 2020 - 1/11/2021 7:47:12 PM   
Karl Juhnke

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I know on paper it shouldn’t be that way. They’re about the same age. But it’s just a hunch that Russell’s best days are ahead of him. Where Wiggins is stuck in the same replay over and over. I admit it’s based on not much more than aesthetics. Like I said, Russell is just more fun.

Post #: 299
RE: Wolves 2020 - 1/12/2021 3:50:55 AM   
JT2

Excluding Towns, I don't think there is anybody on this roster that the Wizards would want for free, and they may be the worst team in the league.
Post #: 300
Page:   <<   < prev  10 11 [12] 13 14   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Timberwolves >> RE: Wolves 2020 Page: <<   < prev  10 11 [12] 13 14   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode