Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Minnesota Wild 2021 Season / Game Day

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Wild >> RE: Minnesota Wild 2021 Season / Game Day Page: <<   < prev  8 9 [10] 11 12   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Minnesota Wild 2021 Season / Game Day - 2/21/2021 11:42:35 AM   
stfrank

A good win yesterday by the boys.
Things are looking up with the regulars getting back.
Parise looks like he is really struggling to keep up with the pace of the game.
Suter another step slower this year as well.
That pair has been good for the Wild overall, but it appears their time is almost done.
Time for the young guys to take the next step and lead this team. So far, Fiala, Greenway and Ek are leading that group and looking good.
Post #: 226
RE: Minnesota Wild 2021 Season / Game Day - 2/21/2021 12:29:55 PM   
TJSweens

Eriksson Ek, Fiala, Greenway is looking like a good line. Kaprizov can wheel and deal in traffic. The pass on Zuccarello's goal was beautiful. What was great is that he made it look routine.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 227
RE: Minnesota Wild 2021 Season / Game Day - 2/21/2021 12:41:08 PM   
stfrank

quote:

ORIGINAL: TJSweens

Eriksson Ek, Fiala, Greenway is looking like a good line. Kaprizov can wheel and deal in traffic. The pass on Zuccarello's goal was beautiful. What was great is that he made it look routine.

Kaprizov's no-look pass to Rask for the 4th goal was a beauty as well. Those are the kind of plays you can't teach, they just come naturally.
Post #: 228
RE: Minnesota Wild 2021 Season / Game Day - 2/21/2021 5:10:50 PM   
Lynn G.

I agree. He totally sold the goalie that he was going to take that shot by the angle of his head and his direct stare at the goal, but then he passed it to Rask. The goalie pretty much didn't have a chance.

Put our country back in the hands of people who actually want to do things to help everyday citizens. Elect Democrats.
Post #: 229
RE: Minnesota Wild 2021 Season / Game Day - 2/22/2021 8:03:08 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lynn G.
I agree. He totally sold the goalie that he was going to take that shot by the angle of his head and his direct stare at the goal, but then he passed it to Rask. The goalie pretty much didn't have a chance.

Just being such a threat opens up the ice....him and Fiala.

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 230
RE: Minnesota Wild 2021 Season / Game Day - 2/22/2021 8:47:54 AM   
Lynn G.

There are plenty of times when he passes and I wish he had taken the shot. Maybe he and the coaches know a little bit more about his game than I do.

Put our country back in the hands of people who actually want to do things to help everyday citizens. Elect Democrats.
Post #: 231
RE: Minnesota Wild 2021 Season / Game Day - 2/22/2021 8:49:10 AM   
TJSweens

Yes, I really don't understand why Fiala and Kaprizov were not on the same line from game 1. Put Eriksson Ek between those two and you have the potential for an elite line. An honest to God, legitimate #1 line.

For now, Evason seems two prefer having balance between his top 2 lines. It worked well last game. Fiala, Ek, Greenway have a good chemistry. Fiala is the elite playmaker finisher. Ek has taken a huge leap forward in his offensive game and is becoming a great 2 way center. Greenway has finally embraced that being 6'6" and 240 lbs is a good thing. Play physical, put that big body in front of the net and create commotion. It looks like he has finally adjusted to the pace of the NHL game.

Zuccarelo at least has the skill set and hockey IQ to play off a player of Kaprizonv's caliber. Rask works on that line too because he also has a great hockey IQ.

Still, at some point, I would really like to see Ericksson Ek flanked by Fiala and Kaprizov. The Wild has never had that one great explosive line and I think those three be that line.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 232
RE: Minnesota Wild 2021 Season / Game Day - 2/22/2021 11:02:26 AM   
stfrank

quote:

Yes, I really don't understand why Fiala and Kaprizov were not on the same line from game 1. Put Eriksson Ek between those two and you have the potential for an elite line. An honest to God, legitimate #1 line.

For now, Evason seems two prefer having balance between his top 2 lines. It worked well last game. Fiala, Ek, Greenway have a good chemistry. Fiala is the elite playmaker finisher. Ek has taken a huge leap forward in his offensive game and is becoming a great 2 way center. Greenway has finally embraced that being 6'6" and 240 lbs is a good thing. Play physical, put that big body in front of the net and create commotion. It looks like he has finally adjusted to the pace of the NHL game.

Zuccarelo at least has the skill set and hockey IQ to play off a player of Kaprizonv's caliber. Rask works on that line too because he also has a great hockey IQ.

Still, at some point, I would really like to see Ericksson Ek flanked by Fiala and Kaprizov. The Wild has never had that one great explosive line and I think those three be that line.

Maybe Evason is waiting to put Rossi between them next season......
Post #: 233
RE: Minnesota Wild 2021 Season / Game Day - 2/22/2021 11:12:15 AM   
TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: stfrank

quote:

Maybe Evason is waiting to put Rossi between them next season......

I honestly think Ekker would be a better fit. He would shoulder most of the defensive load, while still contributing offensively. He also adds size, physicality and a some feistiness to the line

Rossi is going to be more of a project next year, after not playing any hockey for so long.

< Message edited by TJSweens -- 2/22/2021 11:13:51 AM >

Post #: 234
RE: Minnesota Wild 2021 Season / Game Day - 2/23/2021 9:20:47 AM   
Mr. Ed

6-2 win

Lots of good numbers on another road warrior win.

Escape while you can!
Post #: 235
RE: Minnesota Wild 2021 Season / Game Day - 2/23/2021 9:47:24 AM   
TJSweens

Rask and Zuccs have had their careers reborn playing with the Kraken. Zuccarello has always had the skill set and was productive before coming here. I think he finally has someone who has a complimentary offensive skill set and hockey IQ like his to play with. And much respect for Rask. He responded to Evason's offseason challenge and came to camp physically and mentally ready to go. He has always had a high IQ. Now that seems to have made its way to his hands and feet.

Kaapo and Kaprizov could well be competing for ROY. Kaprizove leads all rookies in points and assists. He makes plays in traffic that few other Wild in history have ever made. And he makes them look routine. The art of putting a puck on the tape of a teammate's stick, through defenders and with no wobble, like he does is rare in the NHL.

I can only imagine how many saves Kaapo has made that NTG would have let through. Poor Dean Evason. He is going to have to figure out what to do with two starting caliber goalies.

Post #: 236
RE: Minnesota Wild 2021 Season / Game Day - 2/23/2021 10:00:30 AM   
Jeff Jesser

While I don't disagree with you, we ran into crappy goaltending last night. I'll take it but 6-2 is generous.
Post #: 237
RE: Minnesota Wild 2021 Season / Game Day - 2/23/2021 10:14:08 AM   
TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jeff Jesser

While I don't disagree with you, we ran into crappy goaltending last night. I'll take it but 6-2 is generous.

Yep, we had some breaks, especially the Foligno goal. Look, I'm not pushing the idea that the Wild have finally arrived. I'm not even ready to predict making the playoffs this year. That said, there is a completely different feel to this team. This isn't the same since the Lemaire era Wild, who try to log as much zone time as possible in the hopes that something will go in eventually. This team enters the offensive zone with a purpose. We finally have a couple of young players who visualize the game in ways that few other Wild players ever have. We have two goalies who look to be starting caliber. Even Dumba hasn't looked liked an idiot. Just sayin this team has a different vibe to it. I'm actually looking forward to watching it grow.

Post #: 238
RE: Minnesota Wild 2021 Season / Game Day - 2/23/2021 10:44:25 AM   
Jeff Jesser

Oh yeah, for sure. Wasn't trying to say this team doesn't have potential. It's got a different feel for sure. We have speed again all through the lineup and, what seems to be, solid goaltending. What a departure.
Post #: 239
RE: Minnesota Wild 2021 Season / Game Day - 2/23/2021 12:37:39 PM   
stfrank

The Wild always seem to go on a roll when they are on the west coast and the start times are at bedtime......
It would be nice to see them get on a roll at home as well, against some teams that are playoff-caliber.
Post #: 240
RE: Minnesota Wild 2021 Season / Game Day - 2/23/2021 12:41:39 PM   
kevinemmer

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jeff Jesser

Yep, we had some breaks, especially the Foligno goal. Look, I'm not pushing the idea that the Wild have finally arrived. I'm not even ready to predict making the playoffs this year. That said, there is a completely different feel to this team. This isn't the same since the Lemaire era Wild, who try to log as much zone time as possible in the hopes that something will go in eventually. This team enters the offensive zone with a purpose. We finally have a couple of young players who visualize the game in ways that few other Wild players ever have. We have two goalies who look to be starting caliber. Even Dumba hasn't looked liked an idiot. Just sayin this team has a different vibe to it. I'm actually looking forward to watching it grow.

Agreed

We are fun to watch again!
We can attack with speed and skill, what!!??

#9 slowed the whole team down somehow, and Dubes made us un-watchable.
Post #: 241
RE: Minnesota Wild 2021 Season / Game Day - 2/23/2021 1:47:52 PM  1 votes
Lynn G.

I want to know what SoMnFan thinks.

Post #: 242
RE: Minnesota Wild 2021 Season / Game Day - 2/23/2021 2:02:27 PM   
TJSweens

He's real happy with the direction of the team.

Post #: 243
RE: Minnesota Wild 2021 Season / Game Day - 2/23/2021 3:30:18 PM   
stfrank

It's hard to remember a Wild team that could score off the rush like we have been able to recently. Amazing how attacking the offensive zone with 3 players in full stride opens things up rather than maybe one player in full stride because the 2 wingers are still stopped at the blue line waiting for a pass. Now, if only we could get Suter to pick up the pace instead of slowing everything down on the break out.
That line of Rask with Kaprizov and Zuccarello seems to be on the same page, so I say keep them together and see where they go with it.
Post #: 244
RE: Minnesota Wild 2021 Season / Game Day - 2/23/2021 6:42:21 PM   
David Levine

quote:

He says they're giving him hope. Young, improving, future looking bright.
Post #: 245
RE: Minnesota Wild 2021 Season / Game Day - 2/23/2021 8:52:49 PM   
Lynn G.

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

quote:

He says they're giving him hope. Young, improving, future looking bright.

I heard from him via e-mail. I just hope he comes back here to post.

Post #: 246
RE: Minnesota Wild 2021 Season / Game Day - 2/24/2021 7:37:56 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: stfrank

It's hard to remember a Wild team that could score off the rush like we have been able to recently. Amazing how attacking the offensive zone with 3 players in full stride opens things up rather than maybe one player in full stride because the 2 wingers are still stopped at the blue line waiting for a pass. Now, if only we could get Suter to pick up the pace instead of slowing everything down on the break out.
That line of Rask with Kaprizov and Zuccarello seems to be on the same page, so I say keep them together and see where they go with it.

I was amazed to learn (on the Athletic) that Zuccarello speaks Swedish, Russian, Norwegian, and of course English. Communication on that line will not be a problem.....

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 247
RE: Minnesota Wild 2021 Season / Game Day - 2/24/2021 9:48:13 PM   
stfrank

Wild up 3-1 after 2 periods in Denver and looking good.
Kaprizov had the puck on his stick for about a minute in the offensive zone during a 4 on 4 and created a couple of chances....kid sure is fun to watch.
Parise looks like every stride is hard work, but he still can get a tip in front for a goal and his 800th point. Hat's off to Zach!
Slo-mo Suter takes a penalty on the PP by going too slow breaking out and losing the puck from behind, thus the hook to get it back.
Just need to play a clean 3rd period and stay out of the box with as sharp as Kahkonen is looking....goalie no longer a weak spot it appears.
Post #: 248
RE: Minnesota Wild 2021 Season / Game Day - 2/25/2021 7:06:49 AM   
Mr. Ed

6-2 win

Road Warriors

Escape while you can!
Post #: 249
RE: Minnesota Wild 2021 Season / Game Day - 2/25/2021 7:27:32 AM   
stfrank

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mr. Ed

6-2 win

Road Warriors

Yup, the Avs came within 1 to make it 3-2 early in the 3rd period. But, instead trying to hold on for dear life like past Wild teams, we answered back with 2 more of our own to take control. The final tally being an empty net goal by Sturm.
A very fun game to watch from start to finish.
Post #: 250
Page:   <<   < prev  8 9 [10] 11 12   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Wild >> RE: Minnesota Wild 2021 Season / Game Day Page: <<   < prev  8 9 [10] 11 12   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode