Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Minnesota Wild 2021 Season / Game Day

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Wild >> RE: Minnesota Wild 2021 Season / Game Day Page: <<   < prev  11 12 [13] 14 15   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Minnesota Wild 2021 Season / Game Day - 3/3/2021 7:35:50 PM   
ronhextall

I heard Zach's excuse about it on radio. He would have been better off not saying anything.

Might have cost his team a 'W' just so somebody could get an empty net hat trick.

Very lame.
Post #: 301
RE: Minnesota Wild 2021 Season / Game Day - 3/3/2021 9:13:41 PM   
bstinger

Agree on Parise, win the game. Screw the hat trick.

These Vegas uni's are even worse than the last game. At least they don't have the shiny gold helmets on tonight but that "gold" is hideous.

Black and Gold could have been very cool if done right. Epic fail. Why the red?

Tuch makes us pay again. Such a good move by our GM at the time...

"You guys are true athletes!"

--twinsfan
Post #: 302
RE: Minnesota Wild 2021 Season / Game Day - 3/3/2021 9:50:13 PM   
stfrank

Fluery sure doesn't play like a 36 year old goalie, he is still so athletic it's amazing.
Both goalies playing their asses off....and some damn good plays happening in front of them. Score could be a lot higher than 1-0 after one.
Post #: 303
RE: Minnesota Wild 2021 Season / Game Day - 3/4/2021 8:19:52 AM   
stfrank

These last 2 games show we have guys that will compete, but we aren't there yet.
Time to move on and try to get better. Hoping we make the Coyotes pay and get back on track this weekend.
Post #: 304
RE: Minnesota Wild 2021 Season / Game Day - 3/4/2021 8:34:18 AM   
TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: ronhextall

I heard Zach's excuse about it on radio. He would have been better off not saying anything.

Might have cost his team a 'W' just so somebody could get an empty net hat trick.

Very lame.

And Zach was unapologetic for it. I have a feeling that there is more to it than staying out to too long on one shift in one game. Coaches have pretty well coddled Zach and allowed him free reign to do crap like that since he signed with the Wild. How many OT's over the years have we seen guys like Zach, Suter and Mikko refuse to come off the ice when they were gassed and lose the game? Evason is letting him know that those days are over. When I say get off the ice, it means get the f*** off the ice.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 305
RE: Minnesota Wild 2021 Season / Game Day - 3/4/2021 8:53:31 AM   
stfrank

quote:

ORIGINAL: TJSweens

quote:

Very lame.

And Zach was unapologetic for it. I have a feeling that there is more to it than staying out to too long on one shift in one game. Coaches have pretty well coddled Zach and allowed him free reign to do crap like that since he signed with the Wild. How many OT's over the years have we seen guys like Zach, Suter and Mikko refuse to come off the ice when they were gassed and lose the game? Evason is letting him know that those days are over. When I say get off the ice, it means get the f*** off the ice.

The Wild Country Club for vets is officially closed for good!
Thanks for your cooperation.
Wild Management.
Post #: 306
RE: Minnesota Wild 2021 Season / Game Day - 3/4/2021 9:02:24 AM   
TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: stfrank

quote:

ORIGINAL: TJSweens

quote:

Very lame.

The Wild Country Club for vets is officially closed for good!
Thanks for your cooperation.
Wild Management.

I have a feeling this is related to Guerin trying to move him at the deadline last year.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 307
RE: Minnesota Wild 2021 Season / Game Day - 3/4/2021 9:09:38 AM   
Mr. Ed

Scoggins

The Wild made the kind of lineup change Wednesday that sends a jolt. A move that shows the organization isn't messing around. A "whoa" moment.

Zach Parise watched Wednesday's game as a healthy scratch for the first time in his nine seasons with the Wild.

The easy thing in dissecting this bold decision would be to focus on one shift. Monday night in Vegas, Parise refused to get off the ice in a display that was either too casual or overtly selfish in the final minute of regulation that played a pivotal part in the Wild losing in overtime.

Parise told reporters Wednesday that he overextended his shift because he was trying to help teammate Marcus Foligno get a hat trick, and that he didn't agree with coach Dean Evason's subsequent decision to scratch him.

The reason he stayed on the ice doesn't matter. Only the action. Parise cost his team in a big moment. And so what if he doesn't agree with the decision?

In deliberating how to proceed, Evason didn't just throw his hands up and say, "Well, that was dumb, but I can't do anything about it because he's Zach Parise." He didn't fume in silence, then keep Parise in the lineup since he's a highly compensated veteran who was hailed as an organizational savior when he arrived in 2012.

No, instead, Evason made a resounding, forceful statement by removing Parise from the lineup as punishment. His message was not hard to decipher. Nobody — not Parise or anyone else — is above being held accountable by this new regime.

Good for Evason. And good for General Manager Bill Guerin, who presumably had input.

Their decision isn't about one shift, though. It runs deeper than that. It's about establishing a new culture, a new way of doing business. A new Wild.

Seeing Parise benched certainly was jarring considering his stature and salary, but it really shouldn't be all that surprising. This isn't his team anymore, if that distinction has even applied in recent years.

Guerin's personnel decisions since taking charge of the operation have made clear that he's not beholden to any player in establishing a new direction. He purged veterans from the roster who held important roles for years, thus creating a new core as his foundation.

He tried to trade Parise last season, but a deal fell apart. When Guerin and Evason went to name a new captain before this season, they did not pick Parise or Ryan Suter (or apparently consult with them), which tells you how management feels about their ability to rally a locker room. Both remained alternate captains.

Parise and Suter breathed life into a listless organization and made the Wild relevant when they signed matching 13-year, $98 million contracts. The playoffs became an annual destination with them leading the way. Their impact has been substantial.

But that next step — the Wild advancing as a legitimate Stanley Cup contender — never materialized, making an organizational reboot necessary.

Parise and Suter can remain assets on a winning team, but this isn't 2012 anymore. They are not entitled to specific roles or unlimited ice time. They are no longer the most important players on the team.

Evason and Guerin are trying to establish expectations for their young core — Kirill Kaprizov, Kevin Fiala and Jordan Greenway and prospects not yet here. What message would that send if Parise's gaffe and season-long struggles were ignored because he's a veteran with a big contract?

It will be interesting to see how Parise responds once he returns to the lineup. He has not played well this season. Maybe this will ignite him. Or maybe this becomes a precursor to more trade talks.

In a conversation before the season, Guerin told me that he never wants to hear, "Well, we've always done that here," when making decisions. The old way no longer matters.

Benching a player as important as Parise has been to the organization provides more proof of this regime's willingness to shake things up and hold every single person accountable.

Escape while you can!
Post #: 308
RE: Minnesota Wild 2021 Season / Game Day - 3/5/2021 12:17:38 PM   
kevinemmer

In a conversation before the season, Guerin told me that he never wants to hear, "Well, we've always done that here," when making decisions. The old way no longer matters.

YESsssss
Post #: 309
RE: Minnesota Wild 2021 Season / Game Day - 3/5/2021 11:12:30 PM   
bstinger

Nice bounce back win against the Yotes today.

Karill the Thrill with a great setup for Bjugstad.

--twinsfan
Post #: 310
RE: Minnesota Wild 2021 Season / Game Day - 3/6/2021 6:32:08 AM   
stfrank

There is a new "air" around this team that makes them so fun to watch.
Everybody is working hard on every shift and playing as a team.
Loved the way they bounced back after the loses in Vegas which showed we really aren't that far off as a team.
Kirill is a special player and is getting better the more he adjusts to the NHL. The future is looking much brighter today than it did 6 months ago.

< Message edited by stfrank -- 3/6/2021 6:35:04 AM >
Post #: 311
RE: Minnesota Wild 2021 Season / Game Day - 3/6/2021 8:50:27 AM   
Lynn G.

Definitely fun to watch. And the scoring/assists are spread out among a bunch - so as much as it's nice to have a couple of budding superstars, it's even better to have a wide range of really talented players. Now if we could just figure out how to score on power plays...

Put our country back in the hands of people who actually want to do things to help everyday citizens. Elect Democrats.
Post #: 312
RE: Minnesota Wild 2021 Season / Game Day - 3/6/2021 8:55:43 AM   
bstinger

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lynn G.

Definitely fun to watch. And the scoring/assists are spread out among a bunch - so as much as it's nice to have a couple of budding superstars, it's even better to have a wide range of really talented players. Now if we could just figure out how to score on power plays...

More shots, few attempts and cross ice back door passes that rarely get through. Shot, rebound, score.

--twinsfan
Post #: 313
RE: Minnesota Wild 2021 Season / Game Day - 3/6/2021 9:14:54 AM   
stfrank

quote:

ORIGINAL: bstinger

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lynn G.

More shots, few attempts and cross ice back door passes that rarely get through. Shot, rebound, score.

Yup, right now it's all perimeter play with very few shots from the point or slot.
Need a big body parked in front of the goalie at all times and have to find a way to get some shots through to the net....it will come.
Post #: 314
RE: Minnesota Wild 2021 Season / Game Day - 3/6/2021 9:15:53 AM   
twinsfan

quote:

Oldest trick in the book.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 315
RE: Minnesota Wild 2021 Season / Game Day - 3/6/2021 9:25:50 AM   
stfrank

quote:

ORIGINAL: twinsfan

quote:

And yet the goalie was covering one side of the net as Bjugstad had a wide open net to tap in the goal on the other side......go figure.
Post #: 316
RE: Minnesota Wild 2021 Season / Game Day - 3/6/2021 11:54:56 AM   
twinsfan

quote:

ORIGINAL: stfrank

quote:

ORIGINAL: twinsfan

quote:

And yet the goalie was covering one side of the net as Bjugstad had a wide open net to tap in the goal on the other side......go figure.

I was the master of this move in NHL95 on Sega Genesis.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 317
RE: Minnesota Wild 2021 Season / Game Day - 3/6/2021 9:27:35 PM   
Lynn G.

Brutal 2nd and 3rd periods.

Put our country back in the hands of people who actually want to do things to help everyday citizens. Elect Democrats.
Post #: 318
RE: Minnesota Wild 2021 Season / Game Day - 3/6/2021 10:28:46 PM   
bstinger

Brutal indeed. Turned off the effort after dominating the 1st, and the 3 periods yesterday. Can't coast that much and win.

--twinsfan
Post #: 319
RE: Minnesota Wild 2021 Season / Game Day - 3/7/2021 6:43:24 AM   
stfrank

Sounds like I picked a good game to miss out on. We won't win many games playing just one period that's for sure.....
Post #: 320
RE: Minnesota Wild 2021 Season / Game Day - 3/8/2021 9:12:16 PM   
stfrank

Wish we could just decline the PP.......
We can't win a draw for shit and end up spending the whole PP just trying to gain the zone.
Post #: 321
RE: Minnesota Wild 2021 Season / Game Day - 3/8/2021 9:34:36 PM   
bstinger

Big win against LV. Kappo is the man, 7 game win streak for him and a SO when we needed it. I want him in between the pipes more often until he cools down.

--twinsfan
Post #: 322
RE: Minnesota Wild 2021 Season / Game Day - 3/8/2021 9:50:19 PM   
stfrank

A win we needed to have to start out the homestand on a good note.
Kaapo has been our best goalie so far this season, so we almost have to keep riding him while he is hot.
Post #: 323
RE: Minnesota Wild 2021 Season / Game Day - 3/8/2021 11:18:10 PM   
kevinemmer

Yep
Kaapo is the Man
Obvious at this point
Post #: 324
RE: Minnesota Wild 2021 Season / Game Day - 3/9/2021 10:33:56 AM   
Jeff Jesser

Agree guys. Talbot just became the best backup goalie in the league and a great trade chip at the deadline if we are in it and have confidence in a minor league guy (doubtful, just saying).

His play has actually made losing Stalock a bit more stinging. If we had him still in the pipeline Talbot becomes a huge deadline player.
Post #: 325
Page:   <<   < prev  11 12 [13] 14 15   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Wild >> RE: Minnesota Wild 2021 Season / Game Day Page: <<   < prev  11 12 [13] 14 15   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode