Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Minnesota Wild 2021 Season / Game Day

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Wild >> RE: Minnesota Wild 2021 Season / Game Day Page: <<   < prev  25 26 [27] 28 29   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Minnesota Wild 2021 Season / Game Day - 5/17/2021 11:04:58 AM   
TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: kevinemmer

quote:

ORIGINAL: stfrank

quote:

ORIGINAL: kevinemmer

quote:

ORIGINAL: TJSweens

Love it. The game included 128 hits and a team record 71 of those were dished out by the Wild. They weren't just hitting back. They were hitting first.

This!
And team D JJ mentioned: stick effort and blocked shots was tremendous!
ST, I don’t think EK will be moved between Zucs and Kirill either.
Just wishing upon a star. 🙏🤷‍♂️

Maybe next season when we have Rossi to take his spot between Foligno and Greenway.

Hartman or Bonino would be fine there too.

Another next season guy would be Boldy. Now at 6G, 12 A, 18pts in 14 games in Iowa.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 651
RE: Minnesota Wild 2021 Season / Game Day - 5/17/2021 12:13:50 PM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

I actually feel kind of sad that Zach had to watch from the press box. Whatever else you want to say about the guy, he never cheated the fans on effort. I can't imagine a scenario where he's back next year.

Shows a bright future...he will probably get in a couple games against LV....they actually should put him in game 2....he is a great Playoff player normally.

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 652
RE: Minnesota Wild 2021 Season / Game Day - 5/17/2021 1:47:26 PM   
TJSweens

Unless Evason decides the lineup needs a shakeup at some point, I think Zach may well have played his last game for the Wild.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 653
RE: Minnesota Wild 2021 Season / Game Day - 5/17/2021 2:10:26 PM   
ronhextall

quote:

Unless Evason decides the lineup needs a shakeup at some point, I think Zach may well have played his last game for the Wild.

can Zach offer to take less money to help with a trade? I would think the union would throw a fit.
Post #: 654
RE: Minnesota Wild 2021 Season / Game Day - 5/17/2021 2:29:27 PM   
stfrank

quote:

A shakeup or injury is the only way the lineup changes. It's too bad his run with the Wild has to end like this, but father time catches up with everybody eventually.
Post #: 655
RE: Minnesota Wild 2021 Season / Game Day - 5/17/2021 2:34:18 PM   
TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: ronhextall

quote:

can Zach offer to take less money to help with a trade? I would think the union would throw a fit.

Nope. NHL CBA won't allow that.

Post #: 656
RE: Minnesota Wild 2021 Season / Game Day - 5/18/2021 9:48:24 AM   
Lynn G.

That answers a question I've had for a while - as in why doesn't a player offer to lower his salary to be able to get traded and actually play. The union influence makes sense on that.

Put our country back in the hands of people who actually want to do things to help everyday citizens. Elect Democrats.
Post #: 657
RE: Minnesota Wild 2021 Season / Game Day - 5/18/2021 10:30:46 AM   
ronhextall

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lynn G.

That answers a question I've had for a while - as in why doesn't a player offer to lower his salary to be able to get traded and actually play. The union influence makes sense on that.

I figured that was the case, TJSweens confirmed it. I can see why the union is against it, it would create unnecessary pressure on players to forgive salary.

Wild will have to eat a bunch of Zach's salary to grease the wheels on a trade.

The entire situation is the owner's fault, the length of those contracts was absolutely insane. He was banking on salary cap growth to absorb it.
Post #: 658
RE: Minnesota Wild 2021 Season / Game Day - 5/18/2021 10:47:51 AM   
TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: ronhextall

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lynn G.

I figured that was the case, TJSweens confirmed it. I can see why the union is against it, it would create unnecessary pressure on players to forgive salary.

Wild will have to eat a bunch of Zach's salary to grease the wheels on a trade.

The entire situation is the owner's fault, the length of those contracts was absolutely insane. He was banking on salary cap growth to absorb it.

NHL contracts are complicated as it is. Parise and Suter signed twin contracts that allowed the Wild to reduce their cap hit by backloading the contracts with lower salaries. Since the NHL calculates the cap hit based on the average salary over the contract instead of using yearly real -numbers like the NBA, they tacked low salary years in years 7 - 10 to offset the $9M salaries of years 1-6. A team that could fit Parise's cap hit might be intrigued because they won't be shelling out as much actual cash ($6M, $2M, $1M, $1M). The issue for the Wild is that if they trade Parise and he winds up retiring, the cap hit comes back to them, since they are the team that signed him to the deal. And it would come back to the Wild in even worse terms.

Post #: 659
RE: Minnesota Wild 2021 Season / Game Day - 5/18/2021 10:55:15 AM   
Jeff Jesser

Add to that. I wouldn't necessarily call Leo's buy off as "the owners fault". We all celebrated that day but most knew it would have to be a "win it all fairly quickly to be successful" type situation. We went all in and I applauded Leo for it.

That being said. It was obvious that contract length would suit Suter's laid back style a lot better than Parise's "stand in the crease and get cross checked to death". Not really a surprise that Zach is being sat. This isn't his type of series. It's a full ice series. He can't keep up anymore. Just the way it is.
Post #: 660
RE: Minnesota Wild 2021 Season / Game Day - 5/18/2021 2:18:31 PM   
stfrank

The unfortunate part that bothers me is Johansson is playing so poorly that I wouldn't mind seeing Zach in his place with Fiala. The only thing Johansson has going for him is he can keep up with Fiala and we already have Rask slowing down that line, we don't need 2 slower players holding Fiala back.
Post #: 661
RE: Minnesota Wild 2021 Season / Game Day - 5/18/2021 2:35:30 PM   
TJSweens

Put Fiala with Bonino and Sturm. Problem solved.

Post #: 662
RE: Minnesota Wild 2021 Season / Game Day - 5/18/2021 2:52:12 PM   
kevinemmer

I like it
Post #: 663
RE: Minnesota Wild 2021 Season / Game Day - 5/18/2021 4:31:51 PM   
stfrank

I do too.
Match that line up with their 3rd and 4th lines and let them go to work.
Post #: 664
RE: Minnesota Wild 2021 Season / Game Day - 5/19/2021 7:46:52 AM   
stfrank

Series tied coming home for the next 2 games. Would have been nice coming home up by 2, but if you had asked me starting out I would have said a split on the road is a good way to start.
Post #: 665
RE: Minnesota Wild 2021 Season / Game Day - 5/19/2021 10:17:26 AM   
TJSweens

quote:

quote:

A shakeup or injury is the only way the lineup changes. It's too bad his run with the Wild has to end like this, but father time catches up with everybody eventually.

I'm starting to reverse my take. I wouldn't be surprised if Parise suits up for game 3. The Wild need another element of offense and Parise does have 14 playoff goals for the Wild. SMF pointed out to me that a couple of forwards like Bjugstad didn't get much ice time anyway, so it would be easy to slide him into the lineup without disrupting anything.

Post #: 666
RE: Minnesota Wild 2021 Season / Game Day - 5/19/2021 10:34:24 AM   
kevinemmer

Yep,

And we're going to need some greasy goals from the net front to beat Flower.
Post #: 667
RE: Minnesota Wild 2021 Season / Game Day - 5/19/2021 3:32:06 PM   
stfrank

I can see Parise taking 4th line minutes and maybe some net front shifts on the PP, but who do you take off the PP for him?
It's easy to say Rask, but he usually plays the half wall. I guess maybe Bonino, but he is our top faceoff man.
Early on this season Zach was skating top six minutes with Kaprizov and also had a stint with Fiala. In both cases he couldn't keep up with the pace, which is even faster now.
I personally think we stick with what we have for now, sorry Zach.
Post #: 668
RE: Minnesota Wild 2021 Season / Game Day - 5/19/2021 3:38:40 PM   
TJSweens

quote:

I can see Parise taking 4th line minutes and maybe some net front shifts on the PP, but who do you take off the PP for him?
It's easy to say Rask, but he usually plays the half wall. I guess maybe Bonino, but he is our top faceoff man.
Early on this season Zach was skating top six minutes with Kaprizov and also had a stint with Fiala. In both cases he couldn't keep up with the pace, which is even faster now.

Why would they have to put him on the PP? I would easily slide him into the lineup for Bjugstad and leave it at that.

Post #: 669
RE: Minnesota Wild 2021 Season / Game Day - 5/19/2021 4:33:44 PM   
stfrank

quote:

quote:

Why would they have to put him on the PP? I would easily slide him into the lineup for Bjugstad and leave it at that.

I must have been thinking about some comments I saw the other day on a Russo article with somebody saying we need Parise on the PP.....never mind.
I agree sliding him in for Bjugstad wouldn't be a big deal.
Post #: 670
RE: Minnesota Wild 2021 Season / Game Day - 5/20/2021 9:28:58 AM   
twinsfan

Jamie Hersch just told PA that Bruce Boudreau is not rooting for the Wild. What a bitter man.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 671
RE: Minnesota Wild 2021 Season / Game Day - 5/20/2021 9:52:38 AM   
TJSweens

Nobody should get their hopes up, but the Wild called up Matt Boldy.

Post #: 672
RE: Minnesota Wild 2021 Season / Game Day - 5/20/2021 10:10:39 AM   
twinsfan

quote:

Coach E. reported there will be no lineup changes.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 673
RE: Minnesota Wild 2021 Season / Game Day - 5/20/2021 10:22:08 AM   
TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: twinsfan

quote:

When did he say that. He seemed pretty non committal in the articles I read.

Post #: 674
RE: Minnesota Wild 2021 Season / Game Day - 5/20/2021 12:29:11 PM   
stfrank

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: twinsfan

quote:

When did he say that. He seemed pretty non committal in the articles I read.

I heard him with PA on KFAN and he said it on air.
Didn't they call up Boldy and about 5 other black aces once the Iowa Wild finished their season?
I wouildn't read much into it.
Post #: 675
Page:   <<   < prev  25 26 [27] 28 29   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Wild >> RE: Minnesota Wild 2021 Season / Game Day Page: <<   < prev  25 26 [27] 28 29   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode