Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Free Agency 2021

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Free Agency 2021 Page: <<   < prev  36 37 [38] 39 40   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Free Agency 2021 - 3/29/2021 11:13:31 AM   
Bill Johanesen

Athlon had Brandel as the 31st rated OT. Draft Countdown 26th. ProFootballNetwork 18th.

They are not the end-all, but don't think we somehow stole Brandel (who also has T-Rex arms even at 6' 7").
Post #: 926
RE: Free Agency 2021 - 3/29/2021 12:45:07 PM   
Hats4Bats

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hats4Bats

My mock draft (without Trader Rick's mass trade downs)...All good athletes and good all round football players. Be kind!
Also, assuming we sign either Lamp or Austin Blythe

1) Christian Darrisaw OT Virginia Tech
3) Elijah Moore WR Ole Miss
3) Deonte Brown OG Alabama
4) Trey Sermon RB Ohio St
4) Daelin Hayes Edge Notre Dame
4) Trey Hill OC Georgia
4) Charles Snowden OLB Virginia
5) Jacoby Stevens S LSU
5) TJ Vasher WR Texas Tech
6) Tre McKitty TE Georgia

Would rather they try Cleveland at LT before drafting one. Otherwise, he gets moved inside where he will be a liability and essentially becomes a wasted 2nd round pick. That suggests Vera-Tucker or Slater, but a LT is a premier position so there is that.

And DE before RB.

Like this guy as a fourth rounder

The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are no strangers to producing defensive talent. This year, they field a defensive graduating class led by Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah, but he’s not the only one with NFL aspirations. Notre Dame edge rusher Daelin Hayes is another NFL Draft prospect with intriguing potential. What does his profile look like, and where might he go in the NFL Draft?
Daelin Hayes NFL Draft Profile

Position: EDGE
School: Notre Dame
Current Year: Redshirt Senior
Height: 6’3 3/4″
Weight: 270 pounds
Wingspan: 80 1/4″
Arm: 32″
Hand: 9 1/2″

Tony Pauline’s Daelin Hayes Scouting Report

Positives: Athletic, explosive defender who can be used at end, standing over tackle, or even inside on passing downs. Agile, fires off the snap, and quickly changes direction or alters his angle of attack. Plays with excellent lean as well as leverage, effectively uses his hands to protect himself, and knocks blockers back with a violent punch.

Occasionally stands over tackle, displays good speed off the edge, and quickly closes to the action. Remains disciplined with assignments and does more than just pin his ears back and rush up the field.

Featured | NFL Draft Prospects 2021: Pauline’s updated big board, player rankings

Hats for Bats - - Keep Bats warm
Post #: 927
RE: Free Agency 2021 - 3/29/2021 6:47:09 PM   
Bruce Johnson

#Vikings new safety Xavier Woods: "These guys wanted me. The Vikings wanted me.'' He said he talked to Mike Zimmer. Said he wanted the chance to play alongside Harrison Smith and Patrick Peterson and learn from them.

Chris Tomasson on Twitter

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 928
RE: Free Agency 2021 - 3/29/2021 10:38:30 PM   
bstinger

quote:

quote:

quote:

My mock draft (without Trader Rick's mass trade downs)...All good athletes and good all round football players. Be kind!

4) Trey Hill OC Georgia
5) Jacoby Stevens S LSU

Would rather they try Cleveland at LT before drafting one. Otherwise, he gets moved inside where he will be a liability and essentially becomes a wasted 2nd round pick. That suggests Vera-Tucker or Slater, but a LT is a premier position so there is that.

And DE before RB.

The Notre Dame Fighting Irish are no strangers to producing defensive talent. This year, they field a defensive graduating class led by Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah, but he’s not the only one with NFL aspirations. Notre Dame edge rusher Daelin Hayes is another NFL Draft prospect with intriguing potential. What does his profile look like, and where might he go in the NFL Draft?

Positives: Athletic, explosive defender who can be used at end, standing over tackle, or even inside on passing downs. Agile, fires off the snap, and quickly changes direction or alters his angle of attack. Plays with excellent lean as well as leverage, effectively uses his hands to protect himself, and knocks blockers back with a violent punch.

Occasionally stands over tackle, displays good speed off the edge, and quickly closes to the action. Remains disciplined with assignments and does more than just pin his ears back and rush up the field.

Featured | NFL Draft Prospects 2021: Pauline’s updated big board, player rankings

Not as a DE. Too short.

"You guys are true athletes!"

--twinsfan
Post #: 929
RE: Free Agency 2021 - 3/29/2021 11:46:28 PM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: bstinger

quote:

quote:

quote:

4) Trey Hill OC Georgia
5) Jacoby Stevens S LSU

And DE before RB.

Not as a DE. Too short.

Average NFL DE is 6' 4"
Post #: 930
RE: Free Agency 2021 - 3/30/2021 3:37:46 PM   
David F.

Dozier is back. Subtraction by addition?

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 931
RE: Free Agency 2021 - 3/30/2021 3:39:14 PM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: David F.

Maybe he'll turn it around like Reiff did last year after we dissed him.
Post #: 932
RE: Free Agency 2021 - 3/30/2021 3:46:49 PM   
joejitsu

quote:

oh, that will fix our oline...
Post #: 933
RE: Free Agency 2021 - 3/30/2021 3:52:12 PM   
TJSweens

quote:

Yes. One of the great wastes of a roster spot in Viking history.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 934
RE: Free Agency 2021 - 3/30/2021 3:57:36 PM   
David F.

Blythe to the Chiefs. Probably explains the Dozier signing. Not that it makes the Dozier signing smart - I'm guessing they thought they'd better at least get SOMEBODY. As in some body.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 935
RE: Free Agency 2021 - 3/30/2021 3:59:42 PM   
David F.

Vikings re-signed LG Dakota Dozier to a one-year contract.
Dozier played essentially every snap last season, though he was one of the league's very worst guards. The Vikings haven't really made many additions to their line yet, only acquiring G/C Mason Cole, but Dozier should be returning as a depth option instead of starter.

SOURCE: Tom Pelissero on Twitter
Mar 30, 2021, 4:10 PM ET

Post #: 936
RE: Free Agency 2021 - 3/30/2021 4:00:08 PM   
David F.

Chiefs signed C Austin Blythe, formerly of the Rams, to a one-year contract.
Blythe gives the Chiefs a solid option at the pivot after Daniel Kilgore and Austin Reiter split time there in 2020. Blythe is also capable of playing guard as the Chiefs reshuffle essentially their entire offensive line. The soon-to-be 29-year-old had a strong season for the Rams last year.

RELATED: Los Angeles Rams
SOURCE: Nate Taylor on Twitter
Mar 30, 2021, 4:15 PM ET

Post #: 937
RE: Free Agency 2021 - 3/30/2021 5:31:30 PM   
Daniel Lee Young

quote:

Vikings re-signed LG Dakota Dozier to a one-year contract.
Dozier played essentially every snap last season, though he was one of the league's very worst guards. The Vikings haven't really made many additions to their line yet, only acquiring G/C Mason Cole, but Dozier should be returning as a depth option instead of starter.

SOURCE: Tom Pelissero on Twitter
Mar 30, 2021, 4:10 PM ET

How typical...

Did tonka toy get steroid therapy over the offseason?

I’m so sick of seeing dancing rhinos get dipped and pancaked by a straight bull rush up the gut..

Heck they not even rhinos.. more like dumpy couch cushions...or throw pillows..

When a three step drop back becomes a full reverse run for your life because of our ‘ole guards...

Can never see enough of that...

Why tonka toy calf dozier?

"Thou shall not bear false witness”
I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 938
RE: Free Agency 2021 - 3/30/2021 6:45:27 PM   
Pager

Can't wait until Spielman drafts a guard in the 3rd round, way above projections, struts to the podium proud as peacock and announces how great a pick it was, how there will be competition in training camp all the while the lineup is written in permanent maker: Hill, Dozier, Bradbury, Cole, ONeil.

Left picking up the pieces.
Post #: 939
RE: Free Agency 2021 - 3/30/2021 7:05:54 PM   
quote:

Blythe to the Chiefs. Probably explains the Dozier signing. Not that it makes the Dozier signing smart - I'm guessing they thought they'd better at least get SOMEBODY. As in some body.

Well then their preparation skills suck.

In no scenario should Signing Dozier be in any backup plan.
  Post #: 940
RE: Free Agency 2021 - 3/30/2021 7:25:34 PM   
Bruce Johnson

Dakota Dozer was the worst starting guard in NFL history last season and it wasn't even close.

But it's true that Samia was even worse. Don't ask me how that's possible.

< Message edited by Bruce Johnson -- 3/30/2021 7:40:25 PM >

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 941
RE: Free Agency 2021 - 3/30/2021 8:08:08 PM   
Bruce Johnson

If you are upset with the signing of Dozier, you will appreciate this. He doesn't mince words even suggesting that Spielman should be fired if this is the plan.

By the way, Rick Dennison is the worst offensive line coach in NFL history.

I'm pissed.

https://youtu.be/_Jvp4cSp3t4

< Message edited by Bruce Johnson -- 3/30/2021 8:48:00 PM >

Post #: 942
RE: Free Agency 2021 - 3/30/2021 11:19:42 PM   
kevinemmer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bruce Johnson

If you are upset with the signing of Dozier, you will appreciate this. He doesn't mince words even suggesting that Spielman should be fired if this is the plan.

I'm pissed.

Sums up my thoughts perfectly.
Post #: 943
RE: Free Agency 2021 - 3/30/2021 11:57:11 PM   
bohumm

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pager

Can't wait until Spielman drafts a guard in the 3rd round, way above projections, struts to the podium proud as peacock and announces how great a pick it was, how there will be competition in training camp all the while the lineup is written in permanent maker: Hill, Dozier, Bradbury, Cole, ONeil.

Followed by a season of Zimmer saying that he lacks the core/lower-body strength necessary to play before the 2050s.
Post #: 944
RE: Free Agency 2021 - 3/31/2021 3:50:06 AM   
ratoppenheimer

quote:

ORIGINAL: kevinemmer

quote:

I'm pissed.

Sums up my thoughts perfectly.

spielman lost the end of the line battles for blythe and gabe jackson, and then signed dozier out of desperation....

who's left: easton, james carpenter, lane taylor, lamp, wormack, trai turner, brian winters - as per spotrac....some of these might be signed....

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/all/guard/

the journey...is paradise.
Post #: 945
RE: Free Agency 2021 - 3/31/2021 6:53:47 AM   
Bill Johanesen

Spielman is just being true to form. Why would anyone have expected something different?

Introducing Slater and Cole, your new starting guards. Nevermind Bradbury is a waste of a pick, Cole can pull double duty.

If anyone questions whether Cole will start, know that they don't pay an OL player $2+ million to sit on the bench. Hell, in many cases that is big time starting OL money.
Post #: 946
RE: Free Agency 2021 - 3/31/2021 9:22:33 AM   
Hats4Bats

quote:

I'm pissed.

Best Rant EVER!

2 steps forward 9,000 steps back is my FAVORITE LINE!

Post #: 947
RE: Free Agency 2021 - 3/31/2021 9:25:50 AM   
Hats4Bats

SHOWS us that Zimmer makes all the calls!

FIRE SPIELMAN

Post #: 948
RE: Free Agency 2021 - 3/31/2021 9:45:13 AM   
marty

Assuming it will be an inexperienced player taking Reiff's spot, with that player occasionally making mistakes, it should just look like a sieve on the left side, so it might be harder to detect the weakness that is Dozier.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 949
RE: Free Agency 2021 - 3/31/2021 10:35:47 AM   
Phil Riewer

Relax...they have 90 signed players by TC. Signing Dozier now doesn't mean we won't cut him later.

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 950
Page:   <<   < prev  36 37 [38] 39 40   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Free Agency 2021 Page: <<   < prev  36 37 [38] 39 40   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode