Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  262 263 [264] 265 266   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/1/2022 11:44:22 AM   
kgdabom

I think the Vikings have a plan to use the cap space available, but I bet it won't be until after game one so the contract won't be guaranteed.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 6576
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/1/2022 11:45:11 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: marty

Reagor thought his numbers would have been a lot better, had he been working with Kirk, when comparing to Jefferson. So in a way, he was pining to be a Viking, or asking the universe for it to happen, and it DID !

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 6577
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/1/2022 11:46:23 AM   
marty

Eagle WRs are DeVonta Smith (a WR I wanted for the Vikes, but he was long gone by the time the Vikings picked), and AJ Brown.

This is the best 1/2 punch the Eagles have had at WR in awhile.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 6578
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/1/2022 11:47:40 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

KGA, I read that Kirk was struggling with the first team defense, but it was said to be because defenses are usually ahead of offenses this time of year.

I think a passing game is 80% QB/20% WR, so I don't think Erin will miss Adams so much. And I may be trying reverse psychology, it has worked before, hope it still works, despite being called out.

Rodgers is a very good QB, but his WRs are a bunch of Turds. Aaron may try to polish them, but they will still be Turds. It's going to be a very bad year in cheeseheadland.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 6579
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/1/2022 11:49:24 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

Eagle WRs are DeVonta Smith (a WR I wanted for the Vikes, but he was long gone by the time the Vikings picked), and AJ Brown.

This is the best 1/2 punch the Eagles have had at WR in awhile.

Our WRs are faaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr SUPERIOR to theirs. More importantly our QB is Faaarrrrrrrr SUPERIOR to theirs. We win that portion of the matchup by miles.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 6580
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/1/2022 12:31:35 PM   
ratoppenheimer

quote:

ORIGINAL: kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: ratoppenheimer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

quote:

ORIGINAL: Daniel Lee Young

Not happy about IMS being cut.. but..

If he is a locker room cancer.. so be it..

Dude was fast and had decent hands.. willing to go fight for a ball.. but if he ****ing with Jefferson and other attitude issues..

I’m willing to let him go…

Reluctantly..

And if those reports were false?

Connor Leatch@Athlete_Leatch
Just got off the phone with recently waived #Vikings WR Ihmir Smith-Marsette’s agent.

Sounds like the coaches believed his punt returning wasn’t up to par, and there was some tension in the locker room after he told rookie CB Andrew Booth “sleep with both eyes open, b*tch.”

That statement has been proven to be false.

i suppose that's a possibility, but i did hear that ISM and Booth had some heated moments at camp a few weeks back....

the journey...is paradise.
Post #: 6581
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/1/2022 12:40:23 PM   
ratoppenheimer

statement true or not, it was most probably spawned from this....

Andrew Booth Jr. and Ihmir Smith-Marsette get after it

We've got a budding practice rivalry developing between a pair of young players.

Booth and Smith-Marsette were going at each other hard during both 7-on-7 and 11-on-11 reps. It began in 7s when Booth locked up Smith-Marsette with some physical coverage, then got in his face and started yelling "you don't want to get physical with me!" Smith-Marsette, never one to back down, responded with plenty of trash talk of his own.

On one of the very next plays, the ball went towards Smith-Marsette again, but Booth had ridden him out of bounds and it fell incomplete. A flag flew for pass interference, but that didn't stop Booth from continuing to talk.

Later, in 11s, Smith-Marsette went for a deep route up the sideline on a double move against Booth, who played it well. Sean Mannion's pass sailed long, so Booth celebrated with the incomplete sign. Justin Jefferson, thinking there was contact, picked up one of the official's flags and threw it in their direction...FanNation - Inside the Vikings

Post #: 6582
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/1/2022 1:04:54 PM   
David Levine

quote:

We've got a budding practice rivalry developing between a pair of young players.

Booth and Smith-Marsette were going at each other hard during both 7-on-7 and 11-on-11 reps. It began in 7s when Booth locked up Smith-Marsette with some physical coverage, then got in his face and started yelling "you don't want to get physical with me!" Smith-Marsette, never one to back down, responded with plenty of trash talk of his own.

On one of the very next plays, the ball went towards Smith-Marsette again, but Booth had ridden him out of bounds and it fell incomplete. A flag flew for pass interference, but that didn't stop Booth from continuing to talk.

Later, in 11s, Smith-Marsette went for a deep route up the sideline on a double move against Booth, who played it well. Sean Mannion's pass sailed long, so Booth celebrated with the incomplete sign. Justin Jefferson, thinking there was contact, picked up one of the official's flags and threw it in their direction...FanNation - Inside the Vikings

If that had anything to do with a player being cut, it would've been Booth. He was literally the initiator in every instance.

It's a non-story.
Post #: 6583
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/1/2022 1:26:41 PM   
ratoppenheimer

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

quote:

If that had anything to do with a player being cut, it would've been Booth. He was literally the initiator in every instance.

It's a non-story.

I'm not trying to prove anything...I'm just posting items from social media and news sites....

i wouldn't think it prudent to cut ism even if he did say those things in the 'erroneous' tweets...but between ism and booth, shit was said, and some people seem to think they know what 'wasn't said' - and those people are fos...i don't claim to know anything about it, other than they had heated words....

the end....

Post #: 6584
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/1/2022 2:07:41 PM   
bohumm

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

quote:

It's a non-story.

I'm not trying to prove anything...I'm just posting items from social media and news sites....

i wouldn't think it prudent to cut ism even if he did say those things in the 'erroneous' tweets...but between ism and booth, shit was said, and some people seem to think they know what 'wasn't said' - and those people are fos...i don't claim to know anything about it, other than they had heated words....

the end....

If he was on point with his knowledge of the playbook, crisp in his route-running, putting in extra work to make up for deficiencies, etc, he would be able to overcome even the worst attitude. But if he isn't where he's supposed to be lining up or as the play progresses, angelic behavior wouldn't save him. Physically he looks fine, so my guess is they don't see him as someone who will progress quickly enough to be useful and/or a solid developmental guy.
Post #: 6585
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/1/2022 2:09:35 PM   
bohumm

His availability via waivers is either here or imminent, so it will be interesting to see if he's claimed. My guess is that he will be, but if he's not, the next interesting thing will be to see if he ends up back with the Vikings.
Post #: 6586
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/1/2022 2:21:09 PM   
ratoppenheimer

quote:

ORIGINAL: bohumm

His availability via waivers is either here or imminent, so it will be interesting to see if he's claimed. My guess is that he will be, but if he's not, the next interesting thing will be to see if he ends up back with the Vikings.

talk is, the bears or lions....

Post #: 6587
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/1/2022 2:42:17 PM   
Phil Riewer

Ihmir has 5 receptions; Reagor around 65 and the same age. I think it is is more Keenan likeing him than locker room issues.

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 6588
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/1/2022 3:20:29 PM   
kwheats

Vikes
@vikesinsider
·
44s
The #Bears claimed WR Ihmir Smith-Marsette off waivers from the #Vikings, per
@TomPelissero

Chicago lands both DT Armon Watts and WR Ihmir Smith-Marsette.
Post #: 6589
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/1/2022 3:58:41 PM   
Phil Riewer

Tom Pelissero
@TomPelissero
·
10m
Former #Lions QB David Blough, who was waived hours after the 53-man cutdown, plans to sign with the #Vikings practice squad, per source.

Post #: 6590
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/1/2022 4:56:04 PM   
Phil Riewer

Dustin Baker
@DustBaker
·
45m
In some form or another, the Bears employ 8 former Vikings:

🏈 Khari Blasingame (FB)
🏈 Dakota Dozier (OL)
🏈 DeMarquis Gates (LB)
🏈 Riley Reiff (OT)
🏈 Trevor Siemian (QB)
🏈 Ihmir Smith-Marsette (WR)
🏈 Tajae Sharpe (WR)
🏈 Armon Watts (DT)

Post #: 6591
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/1/2022 5:06:19 PM   
David Levine

Blough, 27, joined the Lions in an August 2019 trade with the Cleveland Browns and had spent the past three seasons in Detroit. He made five starts in the 2019 season, going 0-5, and totaled 1,033 passing yards with four touchdowns and seven interceptions in seven career games.
Post #: 6592
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/1/2022 5:20:52 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

Tom Pelissero
@TomPelissero
·
10m
Former #Lions QB David Blough, who was waived hours after the 53-man cutdown, plans to sign with the #Vikings practice squad, per source.

Does he blow or does he bluff?

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 6593
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/1/2022 5:45:25 PM   
bohumm

quote:

ORIGINAL: kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

Tom Pelissero
@TomPelissero
·
10m

Does he blow or does he bluff?

I can see why you'd want to know in advance...
Post #: 6594
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/1/2022 5:48:43 PM   
Todd M

It's pronounced Beluga like the whale.
Post #: 6595
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/1/2022 6:27:08 PM   
Todd M

Bears GM went hard on it and has stolen the nickname Scraps.
Post #: 6596
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/1/2022 7:09:01 PM   
Todd M

So much for putting some $ together. Tomason reporting we'll have just a hair over 2.25 million in cap space.

If correct what happened?
Post #: 6597
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/1/2022 7:39:31 PM   
bohumm

quote:

So much for putting some $ together. Tomason reporting we'll have just a hair over 2.25 million in cap space.

It was never probably what it seemed to be, but he's not necessarily the final word on this.
Post #: 6598
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/1/2022 8:03:27 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

It's pronounced Beluga like the whale.

Per Vikings YouTuber One Bar it's the sound as in the word sound or ouch.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 6599
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/2/2022 6:11:34 AM   
ratoppenheimer

quote:

spotrac says $2.42mm....

Post #: 6600
Page:   <<   < prev  262 263 [264] 265 266   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  262 263 [264] 265 266   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode