Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  265 266 [267] 268 269   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/3/2022 11:49:06 AM   
Ricky J

quote:

ORIGINAL: David F.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

ORIGINAL: joejitsu

I can’t stand anonymous sources. Zim was a bully and everyone knows that now. If you have something to say, be a man and put your name on it.

Agreed!

If it’s Norv he probably can’t say anything if there’s any truth to the story that he punched zim in the face prior to “quitting”.

Never heard that one.
I always assumed Norv was too professional to speak about it - which always means it was a bad ending between two people
Post #: 6651
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/3/2022 11:52:00 AM   
marty

I have seen several experts picking the Vikings to win the first game, mentioning the Packers missing Adams as a big reason.

The Vikings started last season with 2 very close road losses, but won their home opener over Seattle, 30-17.

The Packers started last season on the road, with a 38-3 loss to the Saints. I can't imagine how exciting it would be if the Vikings waxed them by the same score.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 6652
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/3/2022 1:53:42 PM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: marty

I have seen several experts picking the Vikings to win the first game, mentioning the Packers missing Adams as a big reason.

The Vikings started last season with 2 very close road losses, but won their home opener over Seattle, 30-17.

The Packers started last season on the road, with a 38-3 loss to the Saints. I can't imagine how exciting it would be if the Vikings waxed them by the same score.

We hope your experts at nothing are right ... even though what happened last year doesn't matter.
Post #: 6653
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/3/2022 2:12:25 PM   
Todd M

I know I can be crazy homer-ish but I don't see GB matching our intensity. I think home cooking and electric atmosphere carry us through.

1 week!!!
Post #: 6654
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/3/2022 2:32:54 PM  2 votes
David F.

We beat them at home last year. We’ve gotten better. They’ve gotten worse. Chalk up a W

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 6655
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/3/2022 3:28:39 PM   
bohumm

quote:

We beat them at home last year. We’ve gotten better. They’ve gotten worse. Chalk up a W

This is basically the way I look at the whole season. Last year's team was middling, with 50-50 luck, an injury frequency in the median range, and we finished 8-9. Everything the same with a little better game management could be good for 2 wins, or 10-7. Worse luck, more injuries, deterioration of talent level would make that worse, and the opposite would make it better.

If I had to bet, I'd bet on more than 9 wins, starting with a W next week.
Post #: 6656
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/3/2022 4:13:29 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

Eggzactly.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 6657
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/3/2022 4:17:18 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ricky J

Truth is no one has a clue how that game is going to turn out. Are we all excited and see the possible potential for this team to be real good, yes. And ain't we all a little worried the yearly hype over the Packers may be true but we're hoping it's bs, like we always do?

This first game seems more like, I don't have a clue than most first games with GB to me

It really is up in the air.

I don't think anybody in their right mind that isn't a vikes fan expects this team to beat the packers. They have a track record, we don't.

Even so, its at home, rival games are hard to predict, and just the adrenaline of players finding themselves in a new upbeat environment could spring us over the top.

I believe we'll be up down the first half of the season trying to find our track but I'm hopeful we shoot out of the gate with a nosebleed.

The track record is last time we played them with Cousins we won. The track record is they don't have Bakhtiari or Adams. Anybody in their right mind believes the Vikings have a very good chance to win this game and probably will.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 6658
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/3/2022 5:21:25 PM   
Todd M

Cousins has a chance to be THE man this year. Immortalized as the one who finally got it done.

If he doesn't I expect Kwesi to ship it next year to land the #1 guy.

He'll pay the premium.
Post #: 6659
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/3/2022 5:23:47 PM   
Todd M

The #1 metric for KAM is having that elite QB so he'll risk it if he sees that guy in next year's draft.
Post #: 6660
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/3/2022 5:46:50 PM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: kgdabom

quote:

quote:

Truth is no one has a clue how that game is going to turn out. Are we all excited and see the possible potential for this team to be real good, yes. And ain't we all a little worried the yearly hype over the Packers may be true but we're hoping it's bs, like we always do?

This first game seems more like, I don't have a clue than most first games with GB to me

I don't think anybody in their right mind that isn't a vikes fan expects this team to beat the packers. They have a track record, we don't.

Even so, its at home, rival games are hard to predict, and just the adrenaline of players finding themselves in a new upbeat environment could spring us over the top.

I believe we'll be up down the first half of the season trying to find our track but I'm hopeful we shoot out of the gate with a nosebleed.

The track record is last time we played them with Cousins we won. The track record is they don't have Bakhtiari or Adams. Anybody in their right mind believes the Vikings have a very good chance to win this game and probably will.

Packers under LaFleur are 13-4, 13-3, 13-3. Vikings under O'Connell 0-0.

I don't expect you to step back and try and look at this more broadly.

Your track record proves that you are incapable.
Post #: 6661
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/3/2022 6:36:30 PM   
Ricky J

Come on now, let's play nice.

I ask cause i dont know - but believe KC will be here 2 more years and id bet on it - would we get rid of KC with 12,500,000 dead cap?
Post #: 6662
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/3/2022 7:23:52 PM   
Tom Sykes

All I’m saying is …

there are too many questionmarks with our team to predict an outcome.

More than the usual uncertainty … I believe someon else around here stated that also. In a less stinkier way.
Post #: 6663
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/3/2022 8:49:30 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

I ask cause i dont know - but believe KC will be here 2 more years and id bet on it - would we get rid of KC with 12,500,000 dead cap?

We got rid of Barr for $10 million, but that was with a different regime.

No matter whatever has transpired with Kurt Cousins in Minny, he has come out smelling like roses. To include this regime/Kwesi paying Cousins $12.5 million to sit on his ass if he wants.

Glad you finally looked into contracts. Quite an eye opener isn't it.
Post #: 6664
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/3/2022 8:54:22 PM   
Bill Johanesen

And Ricky please note Cousins is expected (so why bet on it?) to be here for two more years, but after that he gets the $12.5 million to drive his grandma's van full time.

< Message edited by Bill Johanesen -- 9/3/2022 8:56:20 PM >
Post #: 6665
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/3/2022 9:19:21 PM   
Ricky J

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

quote:

We got rid of Barr for $10 million, but that was with a different regime.

No matter whatever has transpired with Kurt Cousins in Minny, he has come out smelling like roses. To include this regime/Kwesi paying Cousins $12.5 million to sit on his ass if he wants.

Glad you finally looked into contracts. Quite an eye opener isn't it.

It is ... thank you
Post #: 6666
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/3/2022 9:25:25 PM   
Ricky J

I just want to win - like you all do. And im convinced he is by far the best chance we'll have for a couple years. So he's my guy ... and if he wants to bring his homeboy, Jesus, along for the ride, it makes no difference to me
Post #: 6667
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/3/2022 10:43:04 PM   
bohumm

Dead money is just accounting; it's paid during the term of the contract. And Kwesi had to do that or something like it to be able to sign people to compete for the playoffs this year, which seems to be the mandate of the Wilfs.
Post #: 6668
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/4/2022 12:16:12 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

You acted like a person would have to be out of their mind to think the Vikings will win game one against the Pukers. We beat them half the time over the last several years and now their missing two of their most important players and playing on the road. We have a track record of beating the Puke. You can say O'Connell's track record is winning the most recent Super Bowl. I'm totally capable of looking at this very broadly and all you can see is the Puke have had a better record the last three years.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 6669
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/4/2022 5:23:43 AM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

You acted like a person would have to be out of their mind to think the Vikings will win game one against the Pukers. We beat them half the time over the last several years and now their missing two of their most important players and playing on the road. We have a track record of beating the Puke. You can say O'Connell's track record is winning the most recent Super Bowl. I'm totally capable of looking at this very broadly and all you can see is the Puke have had a better record the last three years.

Not your opinion, not mine, not vikings fans.

The 5 or 6 opinions I read at nfl.com, espn and pff that project best teams in 2022, top SB contenders, power rankings, etc … meaningless off the wall crap … predict the packers will be either playoff or SB competitive; nobody I read predicted that for us.

They don’t know squat; it is based on a very basic superficial projection of their ‘established’ team with recent success, compared to our ‘new’ team lacking recent success.

I cant simplify my comment any more than that. Dont make too much of it.
Post #: 6670
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/4/2022 6:53:28 AM   
Bill Jandro

Cousins is who I worry about. He has looked like a flatlining corpse first 2-4 games before he wakes up.
Not using stats to back this up (just my memory) but I believe we were like 1-5 last year and had to really dig just to get back to 500.

Can't afford a slow start.

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 6671
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/4/2022 7:27:27 AM   
Todd M

I knew we weren't 1-5 but I didn't remember it going so silly.

Started 1-3.

Then went

W W
L L
W W
L L
W W
L L
W
Post #: 6672
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/4/2022 7:34:21 AM   
Todd M

We chased mediocrity pretty hard.

I think this team will have the juice for a fast start and ability to run with it.

I don't care if we overshoot out mark I need to see the W's stacked this year.
Post #: 6673
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/4/2022 7:35:20 AM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

I knew we weren't 1-5 but I didn't remember it going so silly.

Started 1-3.

Then went

W W
L L
W W
L L
W W
L L
W

Might have been the 20 season. The last couple have been pretty forgetable.

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 6674
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/4/2022 7:58:01 AM   
Todd M

https://youtu.be/hGMtZffop5I

2022 hype video.

LET'S GO!!!!!!!!
Post #: 6675
Page:   <<   < prev  265 266 [267] 268 269   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  265 266 [267] 268 269   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode