Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Wild 2021/2022 Season

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Wild >> RE: Wild 2021/2022 Season Page: <<   < prev  42 43 44 [45] 46   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Wild 2021/2022 Season - 5/17/2022 3:38:49 PM   
Phil Riewer

Michael Russo
@RussoHockey
·
33m
#mnwild have 6 picks in 2022 draft (1st, Van's 2nd at No. 47), their 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th). In 1st rd, they'll pick between Nos. 25-28 (depends if COL, FLA, CAR reach conference final)

If they don't sign '18 1st-rd pick Filip Johansson June 1, they get a No. 56 compensatory pick
Adam St. Paul 🦉
@StPaul81
·
32m
Do u think they will sign him?
Michael Russo
@RussoHockey
·
23m
They’re not

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 1101
RE: Wild 2021/2022 Season - 5/17/2022 3:47:54 PM   
Phil Riewer

From Russo; Guerin Hints:

Guerin wants a Talbot/Fluery tandem next year
Odds are Fiala traded (Barring a Jost, Kulikov, or Dumba trade) and buying out Parise/Suter allowed for one more year of Fiala

Post #: 1102
RE: Wild 2021/2022 Season - 5/17/2022 3:48:09 PM   
Phil Riewer

Michael Russo
@RussoHockey
·
3h
They decided to trade fiala a year ago, not because of six playoff games. They spent 8.2 million on greenway, goligoski, jost and merrill in-season. if they wanted to keep fiala, they don't do that.

Post #: 1103
RE: Wild 2021/2022 Season - 5/17/2022 8:38:39 PM   
TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

Odds are Fiala traded (Barring a Jost, Kulikov, or Dumba trade) and buying out Parise/Suter allowed for one more year of Fiala

If Fiala is traded instead of Dumbo and Billy brings back Fleury, the Gurin honeymoon will officially be over.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 1104
RE: Wild 2021/2022 Season - 5/17/2022 11:15:39 PM   
bstinger

Fleury does nothing for me.
Brodin has a no move clause. I'd look to move anyone else not named Kirill, Foligno, Boldy, Zukes or Ek. Until Fiala disappeared in the playoffs I was very much in for keeping him, but now, not so much. We need guys who don't quit when the going gets tough.

We had a very good regular season, but this team was not built to win the Western Conference.

"You guys are true athletes!"

--twinsfan
Post #: 1105
RE: Wild 2021/2022 Season - 5/18/2022 7:24:34 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: bstinger

Brodin has a no move clause. I'd look to move anyone else not named Kirill, Foligno, Boldy, Zukes or Ek. Until Fiala disappeared in the playoffs I was very much in for keeping him, but now, not so much. We need guys who don't quit when the going gets tough.

We had a very good regular season, but this team was not built to win the Western Conference.

There are very few w/o a multi year contract....Zuccarello, Jost, Dumba, Middleton, and 1 other.

They are assuming Rossi is a good fit with Boldy but the way they talk about Addison has me thinking they are trading another small defenseman away.

Post #: 1106
RE: Wild 2021/2022 Season - 5/18/2022 7:49:55 AM   
stfrank

I'd be fine with moving Fiala and Dumba at this point, although I doubt there is as good of a market out there for Dumba as there is for Fiala.
With our cap crunch we will be playing with the core that is already signed long term and either young guys on ELC's or cheap free agents.
I can't see why Guerin would want 2 goalies over 35 under contract for at least $6 million annually between them....makes no sense to me.
He must be hoping Wallstedt comes into training camp and forces his way onto the team after one year in Iowa.
Post #: 1107
RE: Wild 2021/2022 Season - 5/18/2022 8:26:44 AM   
bstinger

quote:

quote:

There are very few w/o a multi year contract....Zuccarello, Jost, Dumba, Middleton, and 1 other.

They are assuming Rossi is a good fit with Boldy but the way they talk about Addison has me thinking they are trading another small defenseman away.

What is your concern about multi year contracts?

--twinsfan
Post #: 1108
RE: Wild 2021/2022 Season - 5/18/2022 2:26:25 PM   
Jeff Jesser

quote:

ORIGINAL: TJSweens

quote:

If Fiala is traded instead of Dumbo and Billy brings back Fleury, the Gurin honeymoon will officially be over.

Agree entirely. Bringing back Fluery alone would chap my ass.
Post #: 1109
RE: Wild 2021/2022 Season - 5/18/2022 4:24:40 PM   
stfrank

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jeff Jesser

quote:

quote:

Agree entirely. Bringing back Fluery alone would chap my ass.

So it sounds like we will have disgruntled fans posting next season.
I just may end up joining you guys on the Billy is now on short leash bandwagon......
Post #: 1110
RE: Wild 2021/2022 Season - 5/19/2022 11:24:56 AM   
Jeff Jesser

He's done so many good things it's hard to get there with him so quickly for me. His fascination with Fluery is just baffling to me.

Fluery to me is a giant enigma. People around the league from Execs down to fans just adore the guy. When we traded for him I was the first to say that I didn't pay much attention to him and acknowledged that he was revered but, when i did watch him play, he stunk the joint up.
Post #: 1111
RE: Wild 2021/2022 Season - 5/19/2022 3:53:03 PM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

quote:

Anything over a year can have cap consequences.

Post #: 1112
RE: Wild 2021/2022 Season - 5/19/2022 3:55:13 PM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

He's done so many good things it's hard to get there with him so quickly for me. His fascination with Fluery is just baffling to me.

Fluery to me is a giant enigma. People around the league from Execs down to fans just adore the guy. When we traded for him I was the first to say that I didn't pay much attention to him and acknowledged that he was revered but, when i did watch him play, he stunk the joint up.

Talbot got hot as soon as we traded for Fluery....no idea on the dynamics but best guess is he traded for him to start in the playoffs and that is what happened.....should of let Talbot start the game before elimination.

Post #: 1113
RE: Wild 2021/2022 Season - 5/19/2022 4:05:27 PM   
stfrank

Listening to Russo briefly on KFAN today I think he summed up Fluery quite well. He has always been very athletic and relies on that heavily to the point that he has never been the best at rebound control. He makes the first stop, and expects his defense to clear the rebound. Problem is, our defense were accustomed to goalies that weren't spraying the rebounds all over the place, and weren't able to clear them out in time. Thus, all of the goals off of rebounds he kicked right to the opposition. We did the same thing to him whenever we played against him....shoot low and wait for the rebound. I hope he wants too much or gets a better offer elsewhere to be honest.
Post #: 1114
RE: Wild 2021/2022 Season - 5/19/2022 8:22:49 PM   
TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: stfrank
Listening to Russo briefly on KFAN today I think he summed up Fluery quite well. He has always been very athletic and relies on that heavily to the point that he has never been the best at rebound control. He makes the first stop, and expects his defense to clear the rebound. Problem is, our defense were accustomed to goalies that weren't spraying the rebounds all over the place, and weren't able to clear them out in time. Thus, all of the goals off of rebounds he kicked right to the opposition. We did the same thing to him whenever we played against him....shoot low and wait for the rebound. I hope he wants too much or gets a better offer elsewhere to be honest.

Russo has his head up his ass. Our defensemen have had nothing but goalies who give up rebounds.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 1115
RE: Wild 2021/2022 Season - 5/20/2022 9:10:31 AM   
Phil Riewer

Bill Guerin Gets Angry
Some moments will forever be etched into the brains of Minnesota sports fans forever. Things really started to get interesting around the 12:30 mark when Dan asks a question about Ryan Suter and only gets better from there. But it was the questions about Marc-Andre Fleury vs Cam Talbot and Matt Dumba vs Kevin Fiala that really set Billy off. The entire back-half is must listen. I included a few of the quotes below the video.

If I sound a little pissed off or annoyed, I am. All I hear is Matt [Dumba] getting dumped on and, you know what, it’s not easy doing what he did. Playing in the condition that he did. I like Matt Dumba. I think he’s a damn good defenseman. And people want people want to ride him out of town because Kevin [Fiala] had three good months.
Bill Geurin – Wild GM (KFAN)

“Hey listen, I know there are a lot of ‘experts’ out there. I tell people this all the time. Just be careful when you’re commenting on guys on our team, when you hear from ‘they’ or ‘somebody who told me’. Because ‘they’ don’t know what’s going on. ‘They’ don’t know the conversations we have with other teams. ‘They’ are full of crap.”

“You know what? I’m protecting my guys. I like these guys. I’m done hearing ‘this guy’s gotta go’, ‘that guy’s gotta go’. You know what? We’ll make the decisions. Nobody has to go and nobody has to stay. We have to make educated decisions.”
“Tell ‘they’ that they don’t know what the hell they’re talking about and you call me.”

Bill Geurin – Wild GM (KFAN)

Post #: 1116
RE: Wild 2021/2022 Season - 5/20/2022 10:53:42 AM   
Jeff Jesser

Yikes, that's a real "Fiala" is gone type of quote.
Post #: 1117
RE: Wild 2021/2022 Season - 5/20/2022 1:34:56 PM   
TJSweens

My opinion of Guerin is sinking like a rock. He is flat out delusional about Dumbo. I admire his grit and determination to play through a bad injury, but he was a turn over machine before it happened. Dismissing Fiala as having 3 good months? Fiala had the second highest scoring season in Wild history. Not to mention, he is one of our best penalty killers.

My disappointment goes back to making Dumbo a captain and extending Gologoski. Then he traded away a future #1 goalie and turns around and acquired a has been. Now he wants that has been back for at least another year. If Billy doesn't want people pissing him off with questions, he should stop making dumb decisions.

< Message edited by TJSweens -- 5/20/2022 1:37:02 PM >

Post #: 1118
RE: Wild 2021/2022 Season - 5/20/2022 5:21:13 PM   
kevinemmer

quote:

My opinion of Guerin is sinking like a rock. He is flat out delusional about Dumbo. I admire his grit and determination to play through a bad injury, but he was a turn over machine before it happened. Dismissing Fiala as having 3 good months? Fiala had the second highest scoring season in Wild history. Not to mention, he is one of our best penalty killers.

My disappointment goes back to making Dumbo a captain and extending Gologoski. Then he traded away a future #1 goalie and turns around and acquired a has been. Now he wants that has been back for at least another year. If Billy doesn't want people pissing him off with questions, he should stop making dumb decisions.

I agree 100% on all
Post #: 1119
RE: Wild 2021/2022 Season - 5/20/2022 7:27:36 PM   
bstinger

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Anything over a year can have cap consequences.

Care to elaborate? People with multi-year contracts are traded all the time.

--twinsfan
Post #: 1120
RE: Wild 2021/2022 Season - 5/20/2022 7:28:08 PM   
bstinger

quote:

quote:

Talbot got hot as soon as we traded for Fluery....no idea on the dynamics but best guess is he traded for him to start in the playoffs and that is what happened.....should of let Talbot start the game before elimination.

I personally would have rode Talbot until he stopped being hot.

--twinsfan
Post #: 1121
RE: Wild 2021/2022 Season - 5/20/2022 7:35:24 PM   
bstinger

quote:

ORIGINAL: kevinemmer

quote:

I agree 100% on all

Ya, me too. I like the attitude he brought to the organization, but he has made some head scratchers. We are further away from being THE TEAM than most people think, including Bill.

--twinsfan
Post #: 1122
RE: Wild 2021/2022 Season - 5/20/2022 7:42:52 PM   
stfrank

I was all in on Guerin until he wasted draft capital on a 37 year old goalie. Then instead of going with the hot hand in Talbot, he went with Fluery and they didn't think to switch until it was too late. I'm sure that wasn't all Evason, and Guerin most certainly had a large say in that. Now I'm wondering what he has up his sleeve other than dumping Fiala and resigning Fluery. He damn well better be able to get us a #1 center to play with Kirill.
Post #: 1123
RE: Wild 2021/2022 Season - 5/25/2022 1:57:51 PM   
Jeff Jesser

Ooooffffda Smith
Post #: 1124
RE: Wild 2021/2022 Season - 5/25/2022 2:16:42 PM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: stfrank

I was all in on Guerin until he wasted draft capital on a 37 year old goalie. Then instead of going with the hot hand in Talbot, he went with Fluery and they didn't think to switch until it was too late. I'm sure that wasn't all Evason, and Guerin most certainly had a large say in that. Now I'm wondering what he has up his sleeve other than dumping Fiala and resigning Fluery. He damn well better be able to get us a #1 center to play with Kirill.

I think that every team knows we were dangling Fiala last year and maybe he has a good deal already in the works.....but maybe he is playing coy with Dumba/isn't seeing the deal he needs for Dumba?

That is what I hope for.......Guerin doesn't seem to wear that much on his sleeve unless it is obvious (Fiala) and the Dumba stuff was poker at its finest.

Post #: 1125
Page:   <<   < prev  42 43 44 [45] 46   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Wild >> RE: Wild 2021/2022 Season Page: <<   < prev  42 43 44 [45] 46   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode