Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Wolves 2021/2022 Season

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Timberwolves >> RE: Wolves 2021/2022 Season Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Wolves 2021/2022 Season - 10/24/2021 7:52:38 AM   
wrh

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

We’re lucky we played a really bad team tonight.

We lose to probably 25 other teams playing like we did.

I know what you mean, and your right; though I will add since most of what I saw preseason from the "experts" and oddmakers seemed to have the TWolves about 23rd in the League guess you could say they think that every time we play. I'm glad fans can hopefully realistically hold higher standards and expectations.
Post #: 51
RE: Wolves 2021/2022 Season - 10/25/2021 8:12:53 PM   
Steve Lentz

43 point 1st half.

" I believe empathy is the most essential quality of civilization"
Post #: 52
RE: Wolves 2021/2022 Season - 10/25/2021 8:15:05 PM   
Steve Lentz

Russell and Edwards a combined 1-14.

Post #: 53
RE: Wolves 2021/2022 Season - 10/25/2021 8:24:00 PM   
David Levine

Horrible half. Crushed on the boards. KAT was in full drama queen mode. No one could buy a bucket.

If we don't clean things up quick, we're going to get run off the court by Denver and Milwaukee.
Post #: 54
RE: Wolves 2021/2022 Season - 10/25/2021 8:56:15 PM   
David Levine

Huge quarter for Ant!
Post #: 55
RE: Wolves 2021/2022 Season - 10/25/2021 11:53:50 PM   
David Levine

Ant is already more of a leader than KAT or DLo have ever been:

Dane Moore@DaneMooreNBA
Anthony Edwards made it clear that loss was all on him, KAT and DLo.

"We think we the only ones on the team. We got to be willing to pass the ball. There’s no “I” in team. We can’t beat five people with three people. We beat five people with five people."

Jace frederick@JaceFrederick
Anthony Edwards knows he needs to be the one to challenge KAT and DLo: "I’m gonna start talking more as far as, ‘you need to lock in, bruh. Pass the ball. Four people on you, pass the ball, know what I’m sayin?’ I’m finna start talking a lot more. It’ll be better coming from me."
Post #: 56
RE: Wolves 2021/2022 Season - 10/26/2021 8:18:23 AM   
TJSweens

quote:

Ant is already more of a leader than KAT or DLo have ever been:

Dane Moore@DaneMooreNBA
Anthony Edwards made it clear that loss was all on him, KAT and DLo.

"We think we the only ones on the team. We got to be willing to pass the ball. There’s no “I” in team. We can’t beat five people with three people. We beat five people with five people."

Jace frederick@JaceFrederick
Anthony Edwards knows he needs to be the one to challenge KAT and DLo: "I’m gonna start talking more as far as, ‘you need to lock in, bruh. Pass the ball. Four people on you, pass the ball, know what I’m sayin?’ I’m finna start talking a lot more. It’ll be better coming from me."

Included himself in the critique like a leader. The truth is that D'Lo killed them more than anyone.
Ant and KAT combined for 60 pt, 23 reb, 10 ast, and +13. D'Lo was 9, 6, 4 and -12.

Unfortunately, as you pointed out in another post, KAT was in full diva mode. He was pretty soft on defense. Despite KAT putting up a pretty good line, Valanciunas pretty well had his way with KAT most of the game. Just straight overpowered him.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 57
RE: Wolves 2021/2022 Season - 10/26/2021 9:51:54 AM   
twinsfan

We would be better off without Russell. Why does Edwards even mention Russell in the same breath as KAT and himself? Trying to inflate Russell's ego even more?

I get things done
Post #: 58
RE: Wolves 2021/2022 Season - 10/26/2021 10:08:12 AM   
TJSweens

Russell is playing on a max contract. I think Edwards is challenging him to play like it.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 59
RE: Wolves 2021/2022 Season - 10/26/2021 10:36:46 AM   
Karl Juhnke

I read Ant’s comments as mostly aimed at D’lo. He seems to play like he’s always got one eye on the box score…Hmm I haven’t scored in a while, better start dominating the ball and throwing up some quick shots.

Towns could use the advice occasionally too though. While he’s pretty good at scoring against defensive pressure, he could pass out of difficult situations more than he does.

< Message edited by Karl Juhnke -- 10/26/2021 10:44:26 AM >

Fire Bob Schnelker
Post #: 60
RE: Wolves 2021/2022 Season - 10/26/2021 11:13:44 AM   
Elliot

quote:

ORIGINAL: TJSweens

Russell is playing on a max contract. I think Edwards is challenging him to play like it.

Ant is saying: C'mon, D'Lo. We can't be trading you for Ben Simmons if you don't play better!

Life is just what happens to you,
While you're busy making other plans

~ John Lennon
Post #: 61
RE: Wolves 2021/2022 Season - 10/26/2021 11:50:50 AM   
David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: Karl Juhnke

I read Ant’s comments as mostly aimed at D’lo. He seems to play like he’s always got one eye on the box score…Hmm I haven’t scored in a while, better start dominating the ball and throwing up some quick shots.

Towns could use the advice occasionally too though. While he’s pretty good at scoring against defensive pressure, he could pass out of difficult situations more than he does.

KAT has the same problem he's always had. Punch him in the mouth and he tries to retaliate in kind. Totally takes him out of his game.

He's a finesse player and he can totally exploit bigger players with his offensive skillset. But he lets guys into his head too easily and can always be goaded into playing his opponents game instead of his own.
Post #: 62
RE: Wolves 2021/2022 Season - 10/26/2021 12:07:21 PM   
twinsfan

Why was Alan Horton so riled up last night?

I get things done
Post #: 63
RE: Wolves 2021/2022 Season - 10/26/2021 12:09:06 PM   
David Levine

“We think we the only ones on the team. We got to be willing to pass the ball,” Edwards said. “There’s no ‘I’ in team. We can’t beat five people with three people. We beat five people with five people. We got to be willing to play with our teammates.”

Edwards noted those teammates are the ones doing all the little things to help Minnesota win games. He paraphrased Timberwolves coach Chris Finch’s recent message from practice, noting Josh Okogie and Jaden McDaniels are going all out on the defensive end, and guys like Malik Beasley are running the floor hard.

And yet, they can’t get any shots on offense.

“We’ve got to do a better job of getting them involved, making them feel wanted in the offense, not just on defense,” Edwards said. “I told Beas that us three, me, KAT and D-Lo, do a bad job of getting y’all the ball, because we’re gonna get our shots. In order for them to keep fighting for us, we gotta get them the ball. We’ve gotta make them feel involved. We just gotta trust them, man. … If we’re not giving them the ball, then what are we doing?”

That’s true whether Towns has the ball in the post, Russell is coming off a screen or Edwards is getting downhill. Edwards said the Wolves’ star players need to pass up open looks of their own for open looks for their teammates.

He can feel the pain of a guy like Okogie, who’s guarding the opponent’s best player on one end, then a bystander on offense. Edwards won’t stand for it any longer.

He made a point to find Okogie, McDaniels and Beasley all for looks early in Monday’s contest. But it has to happen more often, and it needs to come from every member of Minnesota’s big three.

www.twincities.com/2021/10/26/after-loss-to-pelicans-anthony-edwards-begins-to-establish-himself-as-leader-of-the-timberwolves-pack/
Post #: 64
RE: Wolves 2021/2022 Season - 10/26/2021 1:07:42 PM   
David Levine

KAT:
“I think it ends up with me utilizing more of my passing and putting them in better spots,” Towns told Canis Hoopus when asked how he can put his teammates in better positions to succeed. “Also understanding that every time I drive, I don’t have to make a scoring play. Sometimes it’s just an easy kick out to get the rotation going.”

“I felt at one point in the game I felt a good flow of doing that. I thought we did a really good job of finding me in the post, the double team came, and we got it to the wing, wing to the middle, middle to the other wing, and it just caused a lot of havoc for them because there was a lot of [rotations]. They were just in a scram, so it put us in a great spot. They were at a disadvantage, we had the advantage, and I thought we had a lot of success doing that. Maybe finding more of those in flow. Like I said, sometimes me getting in the paint does have to be all about muscle and trying to make a score. Maybe get to the paint just to draw the defense in, get them an easy one from the wing, from the corner, get them going.”

Ant:
“I told Beas, us three — me, KAT, and DLo — we do a bad job of not getting y’all the ball. Like I said, we’re gonna get our shots. In order for them to keep fighting for us, we got to get them the ball, we got to make them feel involved, and we just got to trust them, man,” Edwards told Canis Hoopus. “Like, if KAT in the post, we know they coming, when he goes to the rim, we know they coming. We got to be willing to kick it to JO, kick it to Beas, kick it to Jaden. If I’m going downhill, I got to be willing to kick it to Jaden, kick it to Beas, kick it to JO. DLo come off a screen, they heavy at the nail, we got to be willing to kick it to JO. JO guard the best f****ing player every night. 20 minutes, 25 minutes, no matter how many minutes he play, he guard them every night and give us his all … We got to help them. We got to help the other guys for sure.”

DLo:
(Russell did not speak to the media following the game.)

https://www.canishoopus.com/2021/10/26/22746808/edwards-towns-shoulder-blame-wolves-offensive-woes
Post #: 65
RE: Wolves 2021/2022 Season - 10/26/2021 1:16:48 PM  1 votes
Matt Lang

Favorite Twolves all-time top 3:

KG
Ant
Rubio
Post #: 66
RE: Wolves 2021/2022 Season - 10/26/2021 1:43:27 PM   
Elliot

quote:

quote:

KAT has the same problem he's always had. Punch him in the mouth and he tries to retaliate in kind. Totally takes him out of his game.

He's a finesse player and he can totally exploit bigger players with his offensive skillset. But he lets guys into his head too easily and can always be goaded into playing his opponents game instead of his own.

He also forgets how to pass once he lowers his head and goes to the rim.

Life is just what happens to you,
While you're busy making other plans

~ John Lennon
Post #: 67
RE: Wolves 2021/2022 Season - 10/26/2021 1:57:07 PM   
twinsfan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Elliot

quote:

quote:

He also forgets how to pass once he lowers his head and goes to the rim.

It's kinda hard to pass if you're looking down.

I get things done
Post #: 68
RE: Wolves 2021/2022 Season - 10/26/2021 2:13:24 PM   
Steve Lentz

Good to see Ant is growing on some of you fans. He has a lot of work to do, but his attitude and athletic ability are real. he is the reason I will continue to watch the games.

Post #: 69
RE: Wolves 2021/2022 Season - 10/26/2021 2:50:03 PM   
twinsfan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Steve Lentz

Good to see Ant is growing on some of you fans. He has a lot of work to do, but his attitude and athletic ability are real. he is the reason I will continue to watch the games.

You mean some overreacted almost immediately and said we blew the pick?

I get things done
Post #: 70
RE: Wolves 2021/2022 Season - 10/26/2021 2:51:13 PM   
TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: twinsfan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Steve Lentz

You mean some overreacted almost immediately and said we blew the pick?

Nobody said that.

Post #: 71
RE: Wolves 2021/2022 Season - 10/27/2021 9:39:44 AM   
twinsfan

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: McMurfy

quote:

quote:

I’ve started to hear rumblings that Ball not going #1 was a mistake.

Huge mistake.

Not I wanted you to say.
Was hoping you’d talk me off of the ledge.

I still think there is a lot to like about Edwards, but Ball is on another level already.

Don't listen to Dane Moore and Will DeBerg break down the three top rookies through 10 games...

https://www.canishoopus.com/2021/1/12/22227305/dane-moore-nba-podcast-anthony-edwards-lamelo-ball-james-wiseman-nba-film-review-rookies

Let me guess. "Huge mistake" was some sort of metaphor?

I get things done
Post #: 72
RE: Wolves 2021/2022 Season - 10/27/2021 9:43:41 AM  1 votes
twinsfan

quote:

ORIGINAL: JT2

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I’ve started to hear rumblings that Ball not going #1 was a mistake.

Huge mistake.

Not I wanted you to say.
Was hoping you’d talk me off of the ledge.

I still think there is a lot to like about Edwards, but Ball is on another level already.

Don't listen to Dane Moore and Will DeBerg break down the three top rookies through 10 games...

https://www.canishoopus.com/2021/1/12/22227305/dane-moore-nba-podcast-anthony-edwards-lamelo-ball-james-wiseman-nba-film-review-rookies

Edwards has shown flashes but will likely take some time. Ball seems to much further along at least out of the starting gate. No surprise here. I didn't think picking Edwards was a total flop at the time, but I was hoping for Ball.

Not selecting Ball was a total failure on our part, but selecting Edwards instead was even worse. He probably should have been drafted 7-10 range.

Wiseman, Tate, Quickley, Haliburton, Maxey and even Bey all probably have better NBA futures.

We didn't select the best player available, or the player with the highest upside. We drafted like all we needed was a little help to get us to the playoffs.
Memo to the Wolves, and most people in here: we're not a playoff team, no matter who we draft. Build a proper roster, even I would have some patience with the process if it looked like they knew what they are doing.

Okogie and Culver...keep holding your breath. We have no clue what we are doing.

Edwards probability to bust is so much greater than his probability to become an All-Star.

I guess my memory is pretty good on this subject.

I get things done
Post #: 73
RE: Wolves 2021/2022 Season - 10/27/2021 9:47:12 AM   
twinsfan

quote:

The team made a horrible trade by trading Wiggins for an equally bad player with an equally bad contract and we threw in our 1st round pick.

It also appears we’ve blown our past two 1st round picks.

Is blown some sort of metaphor in this context?

I get things done
Post #: 74
RE: Wolves 2021/2022 Season - 10/27/2021 9:48:38 AM   
twinsfan

quote:

ORIGINAL: twinsfan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pauldiercks1

quote:

quote:

The team made a horrible trade by trading Wiggins for an equally bad player with an equally bad contract and we threw in our 1st round pick.

It also appears we’ve blown our past two 1st round picks.

On the Bright Side,

“You have to be real good at being bad,
to be as bad as we’ve done well for so long.”

-McMurfy

David,
Or anyone that has input.
What is it that has you already thinking Edwards was a mistake. I'm less informed on the finer points of basketball than maybe all of you, and honestly I haven't been able to watch very much. I would think a rookie struggling might be expected, so I was just curious what you are seeing that isn't correctable or something he will improve in time such as shooting percentage?

They own Jump to Conclusions Mats.

I get things done
Post #: 75
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Timberwolves >> RE: Wolves 2021/2022 Season Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode