Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: 2022 NFL draft

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: 2022 NFL draft Page: <<   < prev  67 68 69 [70] 71   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: 2022 NFL draft - 5/3/2022 4:03:40 PM   
Todd M

quote:

ORIGINAL: ratoppenheimer

quote:

ORIGINAL: kgdabom

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

I'm not worried about value now.

I did try and look at that 4th round action. Giving up next years 4th and going back and forth with the Raiders. I couldn't put together what the net cost if all that was...

I'm stoked about the players we landed though and that's all that matters.

by draft pick #66 only two teams had picked four players....

vikings...4 by #66
houston...4 by #44

Kwesi for better or worse engineered it. First pick 32. We had 4 picks within 3 picks of all being 2nd round. I like Ingram and Asamoah, but both seem a bit early.

they are probably early by most experts' standards, but kwesi most likely targeted them, and others that he selected...he wasn't concerned with how they were valued by others....

I like the way you put that.
Post #: 1726
RE: 2022 NFL draft - 5/3/2022 4:24:21 PM   
kgdabom

Article regarding health of Andrew Booth

Minnesota Vikings 'feel good' about health of draft pick Andrew Booth from Clemson
Todd Shanesy
Greenville News

Andrew Booth Jr. slipped and the Minnesota Vikings pounced.

Booth, Clemson's All-ACC cornerback, was widely considered a first-round NFL Draft talent but not picked on Thursday's opening night, seemingly because of injury concerns. He's had two hernia surgeries in the past year, one last month, and didn't participate in the NFL Combine or Clemson's Pro Day.

But after two other cornerbacks were taken in the first seven picks of the second round, six total off the board, Minnesota traded up Friday night to get Booth with the 10th selection, No. 42 overall.

"I knew that the medical thing might play a role in how long I'd stay on the board," Booth said. "But it was all good. Very happy to be here and very happy my dreams came true."

Vikings general manager Kwesi Adofo-Mensah said they did extensive research about Booth's health and were not concerned.

"He was too good of a possibility to pass up," Adofo-Mensah said. "We talked to the surgeon, all the people who were in his surgery and his rehab. We feel good about the situation."

With cornerbacks Roger McCreary from Auburn going 35th to the Tennessee Titans and Kyler Gordon from Washington going 39th to the Chicago Bears, the Vikings made their move. They gave 53, 77 and 192 to the Indianapolis Colts for 42 and 122.

Booth was projected in most mock drafts as the third- or fourth-best cornerback in the draft. He was behind Ahmad "Sauce" Gardner of Cincinnati, Derek Stingley Jr. of LSU and on some lists Trent McDuffie of Washington. They all went in the first round, Stingley third to the Seattle Seahawks, Gardner fourth to the New York Giants and McDuffie at 21 to the Kansas City Chiefs. Another cornerback, Kaiir Elam of Florida, went two picks later to the Buffalo Bills.

It's a deep draft for corners, as many as 30 projected to be picked in the seven-round event, so Booth wasn't too disappointed in going early in the second.

"I'm super-excited, man," he said. "This is a lifetime dream coming true. I don't have too many words. I'm just ready to play the game that I love again and play at the highest level with great health. I feel the best I've felt in a long time, so I'm just ready to put the pads on and get to it."

Booth in three seasons had five interceptions, 10 pass breakups and a fumble return for a touchdown. He became Clemson's third defensive back drafted by Minnesota since 2016, when the Vikings got Mackensie Alexander in the second round and Jayron Kearse in the seventh.

"They are getting, first of all a great person with a great spirit to him," Clemson coach Dabo Swinney said. "From a football standpoint, they're getting a rare corner. Long, explosive, fast, physical tackler. Great ball skills. Very instinctive guy and, I think, a guy that helps the team right away."

Booth said he believes he can be a starter as a rookie. He will likely have to beat out third-year player Cameron Dantzler, a third-round player from Mississippi State.

"I just feel like I'm that guy," Booth said. "A lot of people have their own perspective on it or whatever. ... I'm going to have to come in, work hard and earn that starting spot."

Todd Shanesy covers Clemson athletics for the USA Today network.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 1727
RE: 2022 NFL draft - 5/3/2022 4:31:08 PM   
kgdabom

Little tidbit on Ingram. Running the 40 in 5.02 at 307 pounds he was in the 99th percentile for OGs. O'Niell Cleveland, and Bradbury however are even faster. Vikings like fast OL. All indications are Ingram is stout against the bullrush for those who have PTSD from Bradbury.

< Message edited by kgdabom -- 5/3/2022 4:32:55 PM >

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 1728
RE: 2022 NFL draft - 5/3/2022 5:09:54 PM   
TJSweens

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M
I'm not worried about value now.

I did try and look at that 4th round action. Giving up next years 4th and going back and forth with the Raiders. I couldn't put together what the net cost if all that was...

I'm stoked about the players we landed though and that's all that matters.

by draft pick #66 only two teams had picked four players....

vikings...4 by #66
houston...4 by #44

Kwesi for better or worse engineered it. First pick 32. We had 4 picks within 3 picks of all being 2nd round. I like Ingram and Asamoah, but both seem a bit early.

they are probably early by most experts' standards, but kwesi most likely targeted them, and others that he selected...he wasn't concerned with how they were valued by others....

"With the 59th pick in the NFL Draft, the Vikings selected Ed Ingram, guard, LSU. The Vikings acquired the 59th pick in a trade with the Packers, which included the 53rd pick, in exchange for the 34th pick.

Ingram was ranked the 101st on the consensus big board, and 8th ranked guard. He was selected two picks after G Luke Goedeke, 100th on the consensus big board, was selected by Tampa Bay. The 49ers, with needs at both guard positions, had a top 30 visit with Ingram, and picked two spots after the Vikings."...dailynorseman

So concern that the 49ers would take him forced our hand.

Or the Vikings had him rated considerably higher on their board and decided to pull the trigger.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 1729
RE: 2022 NFL draft - 5/3/2022 5:12:53 PM   
ratoppenheimer

quote:

Booth, Clemson's All-ACC cornerback, was widely considered a first-round NFL Draft talent but not picked on Thursday's opening night, seemingly because of injury concerns. He's had two hernia surgeries in the past year, one last month, and didn't participate in the NFL Combine or Clemson's Pro Day.

"Sports hernias are typically caused by repetitive or explosive motions, especially those that require twisting of the pelvis such as football. The soft tissues that perform these movements found in the lower abdomen and pubic area are most frequently torn or injured. The tendons that attach the oblique muscles to the pubic bone are especially vulnerable. In many of the case of many sports hernias, the tendons that attach the thigh muscles to the pubic bone (adductors) are also stretched or torn.

Much like the surgical options for true hernias, sports hernia repair can be done as a minimally invasive endoscopic procedure. In an endoscopy, the surgeon makes multiple small incisions and uses a tubelike camera, called an endoscope, to see inside the abdomen. The surgeon then sutures torn soft tissue or uses a combination of drill holes, anchors, sutures, skin glue and synthetic mesh to reattach fully ruptured ligaments."...johns hopkins

the journey...is paradise.
Post #: 1730
RE: 2022 NFL draft - 5/3/2022 6:14:38 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

quote:

"Sports hernias are typically caused by repetitive or explosive motions, especially those that require twisting of the pelvis such as football. The soft tissues that perform these movements found in the lower abdomen and pubic area are most frequently torn or injured. The tendons that attach the oblique muscles to the pubic bone are especially vulnerable. In many of the case of many sports hernias, the tendons that attach the thigh muscles to the pubic bone (adductors) are also stretched or torn.

Much like the surgical options for true hernias, sports hernia repair can be done as a minimally invasive endoscopic procedure. In an endoscopy, the surgeon makes multiple small incisions and uses a tubelike camera, called an endoscope, to see inside the abdomen. The surgeon then sutures torn soft tissue or uses a combination of drill holes, anchors, sutures, skin glue and synthetic mesh to reattach fully ruptured ligaments."...johns hopkins

Sounds creepy as hell. The Vikings have spoke with the surgical team and apparently they have given a good prognosis for him.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 1731
RE: 2022 NFL draft - 5/3/2022 8:04:55 PM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

Little tidbit on Ingram. Running the 40 in 5.02 at 307 pounds he was in the 99th percentile for OGs. O'Niell Cleveland, and Bradbury however are even faster. Vikings like fast OL. All indications are Ingram is stout against the bullrush for those who have PTSD from Bradbury.

I think I'd rather have maulers than track stars for this position group.

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 1732
RE: 2022 NFL draft - 5/3/2022 8:41:09 PM   
thebigo

quote:

I wish it was "Post".
Post #: 1733
RE: 2022 NFL draft - 5/3/2022 9:01:30 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

quote:

I wish it was "Post".

LOL it's just TSD. As in current. I admit. I thought Bradbury would be a star.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 1734
RE: 2022 NFL draft - 5/4/2022 5:46:22 PM   
ratoppenheimer

darren 'doogie' wolfson, nfl insider, says that chris reed has been led to believe that he'll be competing at center in training camp, he may end up at guard, but he'll get a good look at center....

he also said that green bay contacted the vikings about #32 thursday night, they really wanted that 5th-year option on watson, but kwesi felt that tampa was hoping for cine at #33 on friday, so we stayed the course....

wolfson also said that the cowboys contacted us about #12, offering #24 and something else, but kwesi didn't go for it....

the vikings vs saints game on oct 4th is in London, and is a new orleans home game...so we'll still have nine reg season games in Minneapolis this season....

< Message edited by ratoppenheimer -- 5/4/2022 5:52:41 PM >

the journey...is paradise.
Post #: 1735
RE: 2022 NFL draft - 5/4/2022 6:21:53 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

darren 'doogie' wolfson, nfl insider, says that chris reed has been led to believe that he'll be competing at center in training camp, he may end up at guard, but he'll get a good look at center....

he also said that green bay contacted the vikings about #32 thursday night, they really wanted that 5th-year option on watson, but kwesi felt that tampa was hoping for cine at #33 on friday, so we stayed the course....

wolfson also said that the cowboys contacted us about #12, offering #24 and something else, but kwesi didn't go for it....

the vikings vs saints game on oct 4th is in London, and is a new orleans home game...so we'll still have nine reg season games in Minneapolis this season....

Vikings get a nice advantage with 9 home games, 7 road games and one neutral field. I believe more of the fans in London will be cheering for the Vikings than the Saints.

< Message edited by kgdabom -- 5/4/2022 7:00:30 PM >

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 1736
RE: 2022 NFL draft - 5/5/2022 11:14:47 PM   
kgdabom

Chris Simms a month prior to the draft ranking the best CBs and Safeties. Top five for each. I don't want to give spoilers so you will have to watch.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVQiT_WU68A

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 1737
RE: 2022 NFL draft - 5/6/2022 6:39:53 AM   
Ricky J

That's ok, give us a recap ...
Post #: 1738
RE: 2022 NFL draft - 5/6/2022 9:31:30 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ricky J

That's ok, give us a recap ...

Sent a PM. However, I recommend watching. It's a good one.

< Message edited by kgdabom -- 5/6/2022 9:34:42 AM >

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 1739
RE: 2022 NFL draft - 5/6/2022 9:38:32 AM   
Todd M

How To Antagonize by kgdabom.
Post #: 1740
RE: 2022 NFL draft - 5/6/2022 9:53:44 AM   
Trekgeekscott

That video is about an hour and a half long....

Can't you just sum it up here?

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 1741
RE: 2022 NFL draft - 5/6/2022 10:01:42 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trekgeekscott

That video is about an hour and a half long....

Can't you just sum it up here?

OK Booth 4
Cine 2

It's a good listen, but there's your summation. He spends about 6 minutes on the Vikings players. It's easy to skim to them. I didn't listen to the whole thing, but spent a little time on each of his choices.

< Message edited by kgdabom -- 5/6/2022 10:10:18 AM >

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 1742
RE: 2022 NFL draft - 5/6/2022 10:25:08 AM   
Phil Riewer

5 top trades value-wise according to ESPN:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/33861237/nfl-draft-2022-ranking-best-draft-trades-why-eagles-not-traded-no-13

4. Minnesota Vikings-Green Bay Packers
The trade: Packers receive pick No. 34; Vikings receive picks Nos. 53 and 59
Value winner: Vikings (acquired 5.0 chart points, gave up 3.3)
Surplus value: Third-round pick

The numbers alone don't quite do Minnesota justice here, because they traded with a division rival.

Conjuring the No. 90 pick in the draft (the equivalent pick of the surplus value acquired) is good. Taking the No. 90 pick from a divisional opponent in exchange for nothing is better.

Critics will say this is bad because Minnesota let the Packers fill a critical need with the selection of Christian Watson. This is faulty logic because that leaves out the context that Green Bay let Minnesota have two picks that were collectively worth more than what they used on Watson, plus the Packers might have traded up and gotten Watson from someone else anyway.

A willingness to deal with divisional opponents is a good trait for a team to have (though it can amplify an error, as it did for the Packers here).

< Message edited by Phil Riewer -- 5/6/2022 10:28:43 AM >

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 1743
RE: 2022 NFL draft - 5/6/2022 10:27:21 AM   
kgdabom

A
quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

4 tops trade value wise according to ESPN:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/33861237/nfl-draft-2022-ranking-best-draft-trades-why-eagles-not-traded-no-13

4. Minnesota Vikings-Green Bay Packers
The trade: Packers receive pick No. 34; Vikings receive picks Nos. 53 and 59
Value winner: Vikings (acquired 5.0 chart points, gave up 3.3)
Surplus value: Third-round pick

The numbers alone don't quite do Minnesota justice here, because they traded with a division rival.

Conjuring the No. 90 pick in the draft (the equivalent pick of the surplus value acquired) is good. Taking the No. 90 pick from a divisional opponent in exchange for nothing is better.

Critics will say this is bad because Minnesota let the Packers fill a critical need with the selection of Christian Watson. This is faulty logic because that leaves out the context that Green Bay let Minnesota have two picks that were collectively worth more than what they used on Watson, plus the Packers might have traded up and gotten Watson from someone else anyway.

A willingness to deal with divisional opponents is a good trait for a team to have (though it can amplify an error, as it did for the Packers here).

Excellent analysis. According to the old draft charts we lost the Lions trade, but won on the new charts.
The Pukers trade we won on every chart you can find and won big. Total Fleecing of the Puke.

< Message edited by kgdabom -- 5/6/2022 10:29:18 AM >

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 1744
RE: 2022 NFL draft - 5/6/2022 10:54:14 AM   
Phil Riewer

Summarized Post Draft notes from Chad Graff:
1. Kwesi had Scouts (many kept from last regime) better understand what new coaching staff wants from each position. 4 questions for every position.
2. Safety one of them was range. New scheme is hardest for QBs to play against. 2 high safeties in place to start play but defense shifts and moves after snap instead of pre snap.
3. Downside of defense is consistent short yarder gains but it will take consistent, long drives.
4. KOC and Donatell are going over how they will use 3 safties. Bynum maybe a nickel corner. Cine maybe play more on the line of scrimmage with Bynum and Hitman back.
5. KOC and Donatell concerned with Hunter and ZED pass rushers. KOC/McVay schemed ways to make those guys cover so KOC and Donatell are working on schemes to prevent that.
6. Not drafting a TE. Reasons are they went early but also that KOC plans on using FB because it will create mismatches as teams use nickel against 2-TE and not 2-RB.
7. KOC working on G-BOT plays (Get Back On Track) plays for 2nd and long.....WR screens and underneath plays when teams are guarding the first down stick.
8. Ed Ingram. KOC thinks he fit both zone-rushing and power rushing schemes. Ingram is very good at pulling, one of his best strengths.

9. Graff had strong opinion after draft that the Vikings didn't improve their roster. Graff softened a little after talking to KOC and saying he learns something every time he has a meeting. He thinks that new scheme and culture could lead to a 2-3 win improvement and points to Nagy's first year in Chicago.

< Message edited by Phil Riewer -- 5/6/2022 11:11:17 AM >

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 1745
RE: 2022 NFL draft - 5/6/2022 12:28:45 PM   
kgdabom

I'm taking a look at draft pick signings and only 2 FRPs are signed so far. Both by the Green Bush Pukers.
Per Spotrac add Jordan Davis to the signed. Only 2 other picks signed so far both 6th rounders.
Here's a link to Spotrac for anybody who wants to check it out.
https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/draft/

I know virtually everybody will sign. It would be nice to have them signed by rookie camp. I'm curious is Booth will be ready for mini-camp. Rumors I hear is that he is fine right now.

< Message edited by kgdabom -- 5/6/2022 12:33:38 PM >

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 1746
RE: 2022 NFL draft - 5/6/2022 12:46:46 PM   
kgdabom

Akayleb Evans interviewed by Tatum.
Very personable and likeable.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdnEF6xbBUQ

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 1747
RE: 2022 NFL draft - 5/6/2022 12:47:14 PM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

Summarized Post Draft notes from Chad Graff:
1. Kwesi had Scouts (many kept from last regime) better understand what new coaching staff wants from each position. 4 questions for every position.
2. Safety one of them was range. New scheme is hardest for QBs to play against. 2 high safeties in place to start play but defense shifts and moves after snap instead of pre snap.
3. Downside of defense is consistent short yarder gains but it will take consistent, long drives.
4. KOC and Donatell are going over how they will use 3 safties. Bynum maybe a nickel corner. Cine maybe play more on the line of scrimmage with Bynum and Hitman back.
5. KOC and Donatell concerned with Hunter and ZED pass rushers. KOC/McVay schemed ways to make those guys cover so KOC and Donatell are working on schemes to prevent that.
6. Not drafting a TE. Reasons are they went early but also that KOC plans on using FB because it will create mismatches as teams use nickel against 2-TE and not 2-RB.
7. KOC working on G-BOT plays (Get Back On Track) plays for 2nd and long.....WR screens and underneath plays when teams are guarding the first down stick.
8. Ed Ingram. KOC thinks he fit both zone-rushing and power rushing schemes. Ingram is very good at pulling, one of his best strengths.

9. Graff had strong opinion after draft that the Vikings didn't improve their roster. Graff softened a little after talking to KOC and saying he learns something every time he has a meeting. He thinks that new scheme and culture could lead to a 2-3 win improvement and points to Nagy's first year in Chicago.

< Message edited by Tom Sykes -- 5/6/2022 4:36:21 PM >
Post #: 1748
RE: 2022 NFL draft - 5/9/2022 2:47:01 PM   
kgdabom

Finally got the Pete Bercich Film room on Booth

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNLz5ydgOgs

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 1749
RE: 2022 NFL draft - 5/10/2022 10:03:26 PM   
kgdabom

Richard Sherman is really enjoyable to listen to. Here he is interviewing Lewis Cine. Have to skip forward to 23:40.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9oUYvwtohSA

Lewis asks for advice and Richard gives him incredible good advice. I'm so impressed.

< Message edited by kgdabom -- 5/10/2022 11:05:42 PM >

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 1750
Page:   <<   < prev  67 68 69 [70] 71   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: 2022 NFL draft Page: <<   < prev  67 68 69 [70] 71   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode