Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: 2022 Free Agency

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: 2022 Free Agency Page: <<   < prev  15 16 [17] 18 19   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: 2022 Free Agency - 3/28/2022 2:13:47 PM   
SAMiller711r

Regarding Wyatt Davis, I read the other day, and I apologize for not having the link, but the story was that Davis was a Spielman pick. The article said that at least two scouts didn't even have him graded as a backup.(Implied they were Viking Scouts but who knows) However, Spielman wanted him and that was that. Would certainly understand if that caused friction with Zim. He's got a starter QB he doesn't trust, a third round QB that he hates, and now high round guard that apparently can't Crack the lineup. The thing about Davis is concerning to me if true

O Lord save us from the fury of the Norsemen
Post #: 401
RE: 2022 Free Agency - 3/28/2022 2:15:50 PM   
ratoppenheimer

spotrac has us at about $10.6mm under the cap, with thielen's new deal yet to be factored in - so, should be about $16mm under....we still have a kendricks' extension and/or cj ham's contract to find additional cap space....

the draft pool is at $6.2mm right now....

the journey...is paradise.
Post #: 402
RE: 2022 Free Agency - 3/28/2022 2:38:22 PM   
Phil Riewer

Probably wasn't worth the offer:
Nick Olson
@NickOlsonNFL

Dakota Dozier finds a way to start, all the same
Quote Tweet
Ian Rapoport
@RapSheet
· 55m
The #Bills will match the RFA offer sheet for OT Ryan Bates, per GM Brandon Beane. It’s a 4-year deal for Bates.

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 403
RE: 2022 Free Agency - 3/28/2022 2:44:41 PM   
ratoppenheimer

quote:

ORIGINAL: SAMiller711r

Regarding Wyatt Davis, I read the other day, and I apologize for not having the link, but the story was that Davis was a Spielman pick. The article said that at least two scouts didn't even have him graded as a backup.(Implied they were Viking Scouts but who knows) However, Spielman wanted him and that was that. Would certainly understand if that caused friction with Zim. He's got a starter QB he doesn't trust, a third round QB that he hates, and now high round guard that apparently can't Crack the lineup. The thing about Davis is concerning to me if true

wyatt davis is a guy that nobody, but people in here, talk about...he was rated as a 2nd round pick on many scouting sites, and by mock draftniks...his NFL prospect grade was 6.24 = average starter...he's a big dude, and was honored in college....

2019 - first-team Associated Press All-American and first-team All-Big Ten accolades

2020 - first-team AP All-American and all-conference selection

thedraftnetwork listed him as Starting Right Guard, Plug & Play

bleacherreport named him #37 of their top 300 draft prospects - we picked him at #86
Above-average athletic ability and quickness.
Physical player with a nasty demeanor; looks to finish and dominate his opponent.
Stout anchor; does a nice job creating force through the ground to throttle down the momentum of the bull-rush, strain, and reset his hands underneath the frame of rushers to maintain control.

nflmockdraftdatabase - overall ranked at #55, with 37% of mocks having him drafted in the 1st round

sure, it's possible that everyone was wrong - happens all the time, but knowing what we know about last season's mike zimmer i think we have a reason to be guardedly positive....

Post #: 404
RE: 2022 Free Agency - 3/28/2022 2:51:05 PM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: ratoppenheimer

quote:

wyatt davis is a guy that nobody, but people in here, talk about...he was rated as a 2nd round pick on many scouting sites, and by mock draftniks...his NFL prospect grade was 6.24 = average starter...he's a big dude, and was honored in college....

2019 - first-team Associated Press All-American and first-team All-Big Ten accolades

bleacherreport named him #37 of their top 300 draft prospects - we picked him at #86
Physical player with a nasty demeanor; looks to finish and dominate his opponent.
Stout anchor; does a nice job creating force through the ground to throttle down the momentum of the bull-rush, strain, and reset his hands underneath the frame of rushers to maintain control.

nflmockdraftdatabase - overall ranked at #55, with 37% of mocks having him drafted in the 1st round

sure, it's possible that everyone was wrong - happens all the time, but knowing what we know about last season's mike zimmer i think we have a reason to be guardedly positive....

I think we will know more this year...knee injury late in the college year and it seems he was really working hard this past offseason.

It would be great if he panned out.

Post #: 405
RE: 2022 Free Agency - 3/28/2022 3:46:44 PM   
Phil Riewer

Ian Rapoport
@RapSheet
·
2m
Former #Dolphins OL Jesse Davis is expected to sign with the #Vikings, source said. With 72 starts in 5 years, he provides depth and versatility.

Minnesota Vikings
@Vikings
·
5m
The #Vikings have made the following roster moves

• Signed OL Jesse Davis
• Signed CB Nate Hairston
• Re-signed CB Tye Smith

< Message edited by Phil Riewer -- 3/28/2022 3:54:38 PM >

Post #: 406
RE: 2022 Free Agency - 3/28/2022 5:17:29 PM   
Phil Riewer

Chris Tomasson
@christomasson
·
1h
Source says that new #Vikings offensive lineman (and leading candidate to start at right guard) Jesse Davis has signed a one-year deal and here are particulars. $1.25 million base salary, $1.5 million signing bonus, $50,000 workout bonus, $200,000 in roster bonuses.

Post #: 407
RE: 2022 Free Agency - 3/28/2022 5:38:27 PM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

Chris Tomasson
@christomasson
·
1h
Source says that new #Vikings offensive lineman (and leading candidate to start at right guard) Jesse Davis has signed a one-year deal and here are particulars. $1.25 million base salary, $1.5 million signing bonus, $50,000 workout bonus, $200,000 in roster bonuses.

That is no shoo-in deal for a presumptive starter. That is a slightly better Cole Dozier Jones type deal for someone who will start if we fail over the next 5 months to find someone better. Its a deal for someone basic with versatility, not talent.
Post #: 408
RE: 2022 Free Agency - 3/28/2022 6:13:16 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tom Sykes

quote:

Chris Tomasson
@christomasson
·
1h

That is no shoo-in deal for a presumptive starter. That is a slightly better Cole Dozier Jones type deal for someone who will start if we fail over the next 5 months to find someone better. Its a deal for someone basic with versatility, not talent.

Come on man, look at our versatile depth! Schlottmann is the epitome of 'IOL', so much so he trademarked the acronym. W Davis was working at C, that right there is proven versatility. J Davis? Need a G, he'll give you T experience... a Cleveland clone. Udoh is so versatile they will run reps for him at TE. And we already know Bradbury will be the FB.

Plus these newbies have ties to our 22 coaches. Guarantee there are no six degrees of separation with any FA, or league player for that matter.... two degrees max.
Post #: 409
RE: 2022 Free Agency - 3/28/2022 9:24:46 PM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

Chris Tomasson
@christomasson
·
1h

Come on man, look at our versatile depth! Schlottmann is the epitome of 'IOL', so much so he trademarked the acronym. W Davis was working at C, that right there is proven versatility. J Davis? Need a G, he'll give you T experience... a Cleveland clone. Udoh is so versatile they will run reps for him at TE. And we already know Bradbury will be the FB.

Plus these newbies have ties to our 22 coaches. Guarantee there are no six degrees of separation with any FA, or league player for that matter.... two degrees max.

Holy Nepotism, direct descendants Zad Smith, Hairston, Sullivan, Schlottmann, J Davis, Mundt vs orphans Phillips, Hicks.
Post #: 410
RE: 2022 Free Agency - 3/30/2022 5:14:37 PM   
Phil Riewer

Adam Schefter
@AdamSchefter
·
1m
Pro-Bowl CB Patrick Peterson is returning to Minnesota on a one-year contract, he announced. Peterson had said on his podcast,
@AtCoveredpod
, that he wanted to re-sign with the Vikings.

Post #: 411
RE: 2022 Free Agency - 3/30/2022 5:17:21 PM   
Todd M

I'm glad.

Pair him with the pick @12 and we're doing alright.
Post #: 412
RE: 2022 Free Agency - 3/30/2022 5:23:10 PM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

Adam Schefter
@AdamSchefter
·
1m
Pro-Bowl CB Patrick Peterson is returning to Minnesota on a one-year contract, he announced. Peterson had said on his podcast,
@AtCoveredpod
, that he wanted to re-sign with the Vikings.

KAM has been pretty shrewd lately.

I'll guess 5M.
Post #: 413
RE: 2022 Free Agency - 3/30/2022 5:30:00 PM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

I'm glad.

Stingley
Post #: 414
RE: 2022 Free Agency - 3/30/2022 5:44:42 PM   
Todd M

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Anderson

quote:

I'm glad.

Stingley

I'll throw my hat in for McDuffle.

Could make our return team elite as a bonus.
Post #: 415
RE: 2022 Free Agency - 3/30/2022 7:05:54 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Anderson

quote:

I'm glad.

Stingley

Sauce, depending on Stingley's injury. He's supposed to participate in LSU's Pro Day on Apr 6.

Read that his tape since 2019 is far less than sterling.

< Message edited by Bill Johanesen -- 3/30/2022 7:15:26 PM >
Post #: 416
RE: 2022 Free Agency - 3/30/2022 9:50:23 PM   
Tom Sykes

Yesss!!! Another missing piece of the puzzle.

Missing since January.
Post #: 417
RE: 2022 Free Agency - 3/30/2022 10:53:52 PM   
Daniel Lee Young

quote:

Missing since January.

6th?

"Thou shall not bear false witness”
I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 418
RE: 2022 Free Agency - 3/31/2022 12:56:37 AM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: Daniel Lee Young

quote:

Missing since January.

6th?

Jan 9.

We’re getting the band back together including PP.

Recapture some of that 8-9 magic.
Post #: 419
RE: 2022 Free Agency - 3/31/2022 8:06:05 AM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

quote:

Missing since January.

6th?

Jan 9.

Peterson said they're running it back.

Guess that phrase has been watered down.
Post #: 420
RE: 2022 Free Agency - 3/31/2022 8:09:34 AM   
bstinger

quote:

quote:

Last year PFF site had him as a late 1st rounder.

"You guys are true athletes!"

--twinsfan
Post #: 421
RE: 2022 Free Agency - 3/31/2022 8:17:26 AM   
ratoppenheimer

patrick peterson's deal factored in; we are $12.6mm under the cap...there are still a couple of smaller deals not included, but we should be about $11mm under, and we're done with free agency....

peterson's cap hit is $3.9mm, and no ghost years...no cap hit in 2023 or beyond....

Post #: 422
RE: 2022 Free Agency - 3/31/2022 8:23:53 AM   
ratoppenheimer

quote:

ORIGINAL: bstinger

quote:

quote:

Last year PFF site had him as a late 1st rounder.

yes, there you go....

wyatt davis is either contending with jesse davis at right guard, or Bradbury at center...hopefully he can beat one of those two out for a starting job....

Post #: 423
RE: 2022 Free Agency - 3/31/2022 8:31:35 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

patrick peterson's deal factored in; we are $12.6mm under the cap...there are still a couple of smaller deals not included, but we should be about $11mm under, and we're done with free agency....

peterson's cap hit is $3.9mm, and no ghost years...no cap hit in 2023 or beyond....

Yeah it is probably going to be saved for Camp Cuts or do the reverse and bring some cap from 23-24 to 22.
There are some smidgets of Honey Badger rumors but I think Tretter is questionable as he couldn't practice most of last year and was playing with a bad leg apparently.

Post #: 424
RE: 2022 Free Agency - 3/31/2022 8:41:36 AM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

quote:

Missing since January.

6th?

Jan 9.

Peterson said they're running it back.

Guess that phrase has been watered down.

In his podcast comments he also said we were going to ‘defend the NFC North.’ Ok.

Atleast, we invested enough analytics into the situation to re-sign Peterson over Breeland.

Its like that woody allen spiel, one path leads to despair and hopelessness, the other to total extinction … hope we can choose wisely.
Post #: 425
Page:   <<   < prev  15 16 [17] 18 19   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: 2022 Free Agency Page: <<   < prev  15 16 [17] 18 19   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode