Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Wolves 2022 Off Season and Draft

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Timberwolves >> RE: Wolves 2022 Off Season and Draft Page: <<   < prev  9 10 [11] 12 13   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Wolves 2022 Off Season and Draft - 8/18/2022 2:59:11 PM   
twinsfan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Karl Juhnke

https://youtu.be/BDwHNev6BjQ

Here’s a highlight clip from the WNBA championship that he did play by play for, just as a sample.

Seems fine. We’ll see.

His game sounds a lot like Gus Johnson.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 251
RE: Wolves 2022 Off Season and Draft - 8/18/2022 3:02:49 PM   
twinsfan

Here's an insightful interview with the Wolves new TV play-by-play voice, Michael Grady:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tpFZm7P88M&t=1s

< Message edited by twinsfan -- 8/18/2022 3:04:28 PM >

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 252
RE: Wolves 2022 Off Season and Draft - 8/22/2022 11:47:36 AM  3 votes
Pauldiercks1

Everytime I see twinsfan's avatar I expect to see him to stumble falling down or making a speech and forgetting what he's saying or what the question was. lol

Not meant to be a political post just saying
Post #: 253
RE: Wolves 2022 Off Season and Draft - 8/22/2022 3:04:35 PM   
wrh

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pauldiercks1

Not meant to be a political post just saying

Then DON'T ! or aren't you smart enough to know the difference between basketball and politics?
Post #: 254
RE: Wolves 2022 Off Season and Draft - 8/23/2022 10:01:48 AM   
Pauldiercks1

hehe, saying don't, followed up by an attacking insult that's a good one. Would not the avatar itself be considered political?
Sorry I just found the thought funny.
Ant supposedly looks ripped should be fun to see if he can make another leap this year. I was watching some of his funny interviews yesterday some pretty good ones.
Post #: 255
RE: Wolves 2022 Off Season and Draft - 8/23/2022 12:56:48 PM   
David Levine

Timberwolves Offseason Adult@chelangason

Anthony Edwards 3-point shooting
2020-21: 32.9%, 7.2 3PA
2021-22: 35.7%, 8.4 3PA
2021-22 playoffs: 40.4%, 9.5 3PA

Wouldn't be surprised to see Ant attempt 10 3s per game this year on decent efficiency. Big things coming.
Post #: 256
RE: Wolves 2022 Off Season and Draft - 8/23/2022 2:07:23 PM   
Phil Riewer

Rumors from GMS:
Jon Krawczynski
@JonKrawczynski
·
3h
If — and this is an IF — the Wolves’ trade for Rudy Gobert played some role in the Nets being unable to execute a deal involving KD, well, the Wolves come out winners again because they helped keep him from coming West.

& another Tweet
A single Timberwolves trade put an end to small ball, the trade market, and league parity all at once

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 257
RE: Wolves 2022 Off Season and Draft - 8/23/2022 2:36:12 PM   
twinsfan

Garza!!!!

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 258
RE: Wolves 2022 Off Season and Draft - 8/23/2022 2:40:58 PM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: twinsfan

Garza!!!!

I read he lost a bunch of weight as he needs to be more mobile. Clips of last year; he looked really slow even though he is 6'11".

< Message edited by Phil Riewer -- 8/23/2022 2:44:15 PM >

Post #: 259
RE: Wolves 2022 Off Season and Draft - 8/23/2022 2:44:28 PM   
Phil Riewer

brittrobson
@brittrobson
·
4h
What the Nets (and the Jazz with Mitchell) are supposedly asking for is more of an overpay than what the Wolves gave the Jazz for Gobert, given the future value of the star being traded. Teams are right not to cede to the ransom asked.
Quote Tweet
Jon Krawczynski
@JonKrawczynski
· 4h
If — and this is an IF — the Wolves’ trade for Rudy Gobert played some role in the Nets being unable to execute a deal involving KD, well, the Wolves come out winners again because they helped keep him from coming West.

Post #: 260
RE: Wolves 2022 Off Season and Draft - 8/24/2022 12:21:36 PM   
bohumm

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

Rumors from GMS:
Jon Krawczynski
@JonKrawczynski
·
3h

& another Tweet
A single Timberwolves trade put an end to small ball, the trade market, and league parity all at once

Hard to see these things "ending" because a medium market team made a trade that has their 5---who is best defensed by 4s and cannot defend 4s---becoming a 4. Wolves should be better, supporting parity, and may have made small ball work even better in the playoffs (though a good case could be made for the opposite for this particular team, as with Cleveland).

Whose tweet was that? Doesn't read like a Jon K tweet.
Post #: 261
RE: Wolves 2022 Off Season and Draft - 8/24/2022 1:54:19 PM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: bohumm

quote:

Rumors from GMS:
Jon Krawczynski
@JonKrawczynski
·
3h

& another Tweet

Hard to see these things "ending" because a medium market team made a trade that has their 5---who is best defensed by 4s and cannot defend 4s---becoming a 4. Wolves should be better, supporting parity, and may have made small ball work even better in the playoffs (though a good case could be made for the opposite for this particular team, as with Cleveland).

Rumor is that the Nets wanted way more than the Utah received for Gobert (to acquire Durant).....KAT and Ant plus 3-4 1st round draft picks....they can blame Connelly all they want but it is more the Nets overplaying their hand.

Post #: 262
RE: Wolves 2022 Off Season and Draft - 8/24/2022 2:02:22 PM   
David Levine

quote:

quote:

Rumors from GMS:
Jon Krawczynski
@JonKrawczynski
·
3h

& another Tweet

Wolves are a convenient scapegoat that likely had nothing to do with the Nets not getting their price.

Wolves might have paid more in 1st round picks than other recent trades, but what people neglect to mention is that while we gave out some very nice roleplayers, these types of blockbuster trades almost always have higher end talent going out. We did not give up anything on the level of an SGA, Ingram or even Lonzo Ball.

IMO, that balances out the draft pick capital quite a bit.

I'd say the real reason Durant is still a Net is there wasn't really a big trade market for a great player that is 34 years old, has played 90 games total the past 2 years and is showing signs that he can't be happy anywhere.

Add in that he has 4 more years on his deal with no outs, and he didn't have the leverage other stars have had.
Post #: 263
RE: Wolves 2022 Off Season and Draft - 8/24/2022 2:26:50 PM   
Steve Lentz

Per HoopsHype numerous NBA executives said the Gobert trade made it more difficult to trade Durant.
Much of the league felt that Utah won the lopsided deal. They felt the Nets would look foolish for settling for anything less in the trade talks.
I was concerned about Irving going to the Lakers. That scenario appears much less likely.

I'm still good with the trade. No question we gave up a lot, but the front office has done a good job in adding some additional depth and talent. Let's see where this takes us.

" I believe empathy is the most essential quality of civilization"
Post #: 264
RE: Wolves 2022 Off Season and Draft - 8/24/2022 3:57:37 PM   
David Levine

We might not see Chet in Game 1:

Thunder rookie Chet Holmgren, the No. 2 pick in the 2022 NBA Draft, has potential torn ligaments in his foot, league sources told The Athletic on Wednesday. A timetable is being determined based on further evaluations.

The former Gonzaga standout is believed to have suffered the injury at a Jamal Crawford CrawsOver Pro-Am game that had to be stopped due to unsafe court conditions. It was reported that the court was too slippery and players could not keep their grip due to condensation on the hardwood floors. There is no indication the court conditions caused his injury.

https://theathletic.com/3535418/2022/08/24/thunder-chet-holmgren-torn-ligaments-foot/
Post #: 265
RE: Wolves 2022 Off Season and Draft - 8/24/2022 11:32:22 PM   
bohumm

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

quote:

quote:

Rumors from GMS:
Jon Krawczynski
@JonKrawczynski
·
3h

& another Tweet

Wolves are a convenient scapegoat that likely had nothing to do with the Nets not getting their price.

Wolves might have paid more in 1st round picks than other recent trades, but what people neglect to mention is that while we gave out some very nice roleplayers, these types of blockbuster trades almost always have higher end talent going out. We did not give up anything on the level of an SGA, Ingram or even Lonzo Ball.

I'd say the real reason Durant is still a Net is there wasn't really a big trade market for a great player that is 34 years old, has played 90 games total the past 2 years and is showing signs that he can't be happy anywhere.

Add in that he has 4 more years on his deal with no outs, and he didn't have the leverage other stars have had.

Very true, and, though of course valuable, first rounders are over-rated to me. A creative exec team can offset a good chunk of the loss of picks in the 20s, especially when you consider they would have most likely been picks in the teens had the Wolves stood pat. And then there is the reality that you usually have to give value to get value.
Post #: 266
RE: Wolves 2022 Off Season and Draft - 8/25/2022 7:49:22 AM   
Pauldiercks1

quote:

quote:

quote:

Rumors from GMS:
Jon Krawczynski
@JonKrawczynski
·
3h

& another Tweet

I agree. as good as he is, teams are seeing he's never satisfied. I'm not sure what goes through his head but I'd guess he's thinking it's everyone's fault but his and he's the smartest person in the room. After one season, maybe less, he seems to become a headache and difficult to build around.
Tough to give up too much for that and regret it a year later, he's not getting any younger.

< Message edited by Pauldiercks1 -- 8/25/2022 7:50:50 AM >
Post #: 267
RE: Wolves 2022 Off Season and Draft - 8/25/2022 10:04:39 AM   
twinsfan

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Rumors from GMS:
Jon Krawczynski
@JonKrawczynski
·
3h

& another Tweet

I agree. as good as he is, teams are seeing he's never satisfied. I'm not sure what goes through his head but I'd guess he's thinking it's everyone's fault but his and he's the smartest person in the room. After one season, maybe less, he seems to become a headache and difficult to build around.
Tough to give up too much for that and regret it a year later, he's not getting any younger.

DLo acts the same way.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 268
RE: Wolves 2022 Off Season and Draft - 8/25/2022 10:06:48 AM  3 votes
David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: twinsfan

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Rumors from GMS:
Jon Krawczynski
@JonKrawczynski
·
3h

& another Tweet

DLo acts the same way.

No.
Post #: 269
RE: Wolves 2022 Off Season and Draft - 8/25/2022 7:53:52 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

Rumors from GMS:
Jon Krawczynski
@JonKrawczynski
·
3h

& another Tweet

Post of the Off Season.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 270
RE: Wolves 2022 Off Season and Draft - 8/26/2022 7:52:57 AM   
Phil Riewer

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/timberwolves-f-taurean-prince-arrested-on-fugitive-warrant-over-drug-charges-033922019.html

Post #: 271
RE: Wolves 2022 Off Season and Draft - 8/26/2022 12:30:21 PM   
David Levine

Basically:

• His registration expired
• He had guns with him, carrying them legally
• Except that they became illegal because he had <1g of THC oil and <2g marijuana with him
• So the cops arrested him

Yeah this is just an illustration that Texas sucks.
Post #: 272
RE: Wolves 2022 Off Season and Draft - 8/27/2022 7:21:19 AM   
Karl Juhnke

quote:

Basically:

• His registration expired
• He had guns with him, carrying them legally
• Except that they became illegal because he had <1g of THC oil and <2g marijuana with him
• So the cops arrested him

Yeah this is just an illustration that Texas sucks.

I hope this is the case and it’s just a case of Texas being Texas and not an indicator of a serious issue for Prince. Because I want him to be a significant part of the Wolves bench. And he always seemed like a good dude.

This is why I never carry even gummies or anything like that when traveling. I don’t want to have to worry about checking every state’s laws.
Post #: 273
RE: Wolves 2022 Off Season and Draft - 8/27/2022 7:34:47 AM   
Karl Juhnke

Yes you’re right. From Star Tribune, this all stems from a traffic stop in Arlington Texas in May. Prince informed the officers he had firearms in the car. They did a search and found a vape pen with THC, and a small container of marijuana, both illegal in Texas. And it is further illegal to carry a firearm while committing a ‘crime’.

The warrant was delayed until now because the lab results only come back recently.

In other words I have zero concern about Prince’s ‘criminal’ activity.
Post #: 274
RE: Wolves 2022 Off Season and Draft - 8/30/2022 10:47:51 AM   
twinsfan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Karl Juhnke

Yes you’re right. From Star Tribune, this all stems from a traffic stop in Arlington Texas in May. Prince informed the officers he had firearms in the car. They did a search and found a vape pen with THC, and a small container of marijuana, both illegal in Texas. And it is further illegal to carry a firearm while committing a ‘crime’.

The warrant was delayed until now because the lab results only come back recently.

In other words I have zero concern about Prince’s ‘criminal’ activity.

Just remember, Brittney Griner is serving 9 years in prison for doing less.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 275
Page:   <<   < prev  9 10 [11] 12 13   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Timberwolves >> RE: Wolves 2022 Off Season and Draft Page: <<   < prev  9 10 [11] 12 13   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode