Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Wolves 2022 Off Season and Draft

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Timberwolves >> RE: Wolves 2022 Off Season and Draft Page: <<   < prev  10 11 [12] 13 14   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Wolves 2022 Off Season and Draft - 8/30/2022 11:01:42 AM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: twinsfan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Karl Juhnke

Yes you’re right. From Star Tribune, this all stems from a traffic stop in Arlington Texas in May. Prince informed the officers he had firearms in the car. They did a search and found a vape pen with THC, and a small container of marijuana, both illegal in Texas. And it is further illegal to carry a firearm while committing a ‘crime’.

The warrant was delayed until now because the lab results only come back recently.

In other words I have zero concern about Prince’s ‘criminal’ activity.

Just remember, Brittney Griner is serving 9 years in prison for doing less.

NBA needs to up their subsidies to WNBA so they don't have to go play in other countries in off season.
Post #: 276
RE: Wolves 2022 Off Season and Draft - 8/30/2022 11:38:39 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Anderson

quote:

quote:

Yes you’re right. From Star Tribune, this all stems from a traffic stop in Arlington Texas in May. Prince informed the officers he had firearms in the car. They did a search and found a vape pen with THC, and a small container of marijuana, both illegal in Texas. And it is further illegal to carry a firearm while committing a ‘crime’.

The warrant was delayed until now because the lab results only come back recently.

NBA needs to up their subsidies to WNBA so they don't have to go play in other countries in off season.

Yeah plus Brittany shouldn't have broken their law...in a foreign country...and she is high profile so she should have been smarter and more careful.

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 277
RE: Wolves 2022 Off Season and Draft - 8/30/2022 11:38:46 AM   
Phil Riewer

Punch-Drunk Wolves
@PDWolves
·
50m
So much going on here, but so far it's effectively meant a better front office and a way better roster. Hopefully everybody can get over J-Lo, in due time.
Quote Tweet
RealGM
@RealGM
· 1h
Alex Rodriguez Struggling To Generate Cash For Purchase Of Wolves https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/268471/Alex-Rodriguez-Struggling-To-Generate-Cash-For-Purchase-Of-Wolves

Post #: 278
RE: Wolves 2022 Off Season and Draft - 8/30/2022 11:44:09 AM   
David Levine

quote:

quote:

quote:

Absolutely.

Every WNBA player last year made under 15M combined.

There are like 105 NBA players that will make more than the entire WNBA this year.

And it's not like it would be a burden to fix. Every WNBA team has a Hard Salary Cap of only 1.3M. I can't imagine NBA teams would even notice if that number was bumped to even 5M.
Post #: 279
RE: Wolves 2022 Off Season and Draft - 8/30/2022 10:41:20 PM  1 votes
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

quote:

quote:

quote:

Absolutely.

There are like 105 NBA players that will make more than the entire WNBA this year.

And it's not like it would be a burden to fix. Every WNBA team has a Hard Salary Cap of only 1.3M. I can't imagine NBA teams would even notice if that number was bumped to even 5M.

The women players should have their independent league, fund themselves. Wean themselves off of their dependency on the men.
Post #: 280
RE: Wolves 2022 Off Season and Draft - 8/30/2022 10:43:12 PM   
thebigo

quote:

quote:

quote:

You're kidding, right Mark?
Post #: 281
RE: Wolves 2022 Off Season and Draft - 8/30/2022 11:21:39 PM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Absolutely.

If they(WNBA) put in a request, will they get the Darryl Morey treatment?
Post #: 282
RE: Wolves 2022 Off Season and Draft - 9/7/2022 5:21:42 PM   
David Levine

Anthony Edwards averaged 25.2 PPG in the playoffs on 45% from the field and 40% from the 3 point line with 9.5 3 points attempt per game as a 20 years old at that time, and no one talks about it.
Post #: 283
RE: Wolves 2022 Off Season and Draft - 9/7/2022 7:43:00 PM   
Karl Juhnke

quote:

Anthony Edwards averaged 25.2 PPG in the playoffs on 45% from the field and 40% from the 3 point line with 9.5 3 points attempt per game as a 20 years old at that time, and no one talks about it.

Easy to forget how young he is. And how quickly he became the guy whose hands I want the ball in at the end of a game.
Post #: 284
RE: Wolves 2022 Off Season and Draft - 9/9/2022 7:24:48 AM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

quote:

Easy to forget how young he is. And how quickly he became the guy whose hands I want the ball in at the end of a game.

Some of those predraft reports about him not loving BB and having an attitude problem were flat out false.

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 285
RE: Wolves 2022 Off Season and Draft - 9/9/2022 7:42:23 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

quote:

quote:

Some of those predraft reports about him not loving BB and having an attitude problem were flat out false.

Yeah it seems like someone wanted to have a chance to draft him.

Post #: 286
RE: Wolves 2022 Off Season and Draft - 9/12/2022 10:47:15 AM   
twinsfan

I am no longer an Ant Man fan.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 287
RE: Wolves 2022 Off Season and Draft - 9/12/2022 11:10:10 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

How old is he; so much cancel culture from your side. He didn't wait long to apologize but continue as you will.

Post #: 288
RE: Wolves 2022 Off Season and Draft - 9/12/2022 12:19:29 PM   
twinsfan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

quote:

How old is he; so much cancel culture from your side. He didn't wait long to apologize but continue as you will.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 289
RE: Wolves 2022 Off Season and Draft - 9/12/2022 12:20:19 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

quote:

Did Ant do something bad? I'll have to Google him. OMG Homophobic language. Is he afraid of Homosexuals? If not it wasn't homophobic. The NBA is full of people who are not big fans of homosexuality. Or they use anti homosexual language in the same way many of us use the word douche. Pretty disgusting to use feminine products as slurs, but for some reason people let that one slide. Use a homosexual term in a negative way the media will crucify you. Most players are smart enough to not get caught doing it with some very well known exceptions. Ant's mistake. Maybe I'll try to find out what he actually said.

< Message edited by kgdabom -- 9/12/2022 12:40:59 PM >

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 290
RE: Wolves 2022 Off Season and Draft - 9/12/2022 3:00:10 PM   
twinsfan

He also used the N-word.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 291
RE: Wolves 2022 Off Season and Draft - 9/12/2022 4:02:28 PM  1 votes
Phil Riewer

quote:

He also used the N-word.

Whatever...I will watch the Timberwolves before the Twins in April and May and June.

Matt's Dirty Marketing plan for the Twins; cancel culture the Wolves.

Matt when did you last use the Q word on someone? HMMM?

< Message edited by Phil Riewer -- 9/12/2022 4:05:20 PM >

Post #: 292
RE: Wolves 2022 Off Season and Draft - 9/12/2022 4:03:03 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

He also used the N-word.

Racist POS.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 293
RE: Wolves 2022 Off Season and Draft - 9/12/2022 6:21:32 PM   
David Levine

quote:

quote:

Oh look, Phil throwing out another buzz word he doesn't understand...

Is it the worst thing ever? Nope.

Does it make him a bad person that you can't root for? Nope.

Was it an off the cuff comment? Probably.

But, did he then choose to post his homophobic comment to his hundreds of thousands of social media followers? Yup.

Does his quick apology look more like damage control than anything else? Also yup.

All in all, this is likely a minor incident that will be forgotten by most of the NBA followers in short notice. But it also has a strong chance of damaging the very lucrative image he's been crafting the past 2 years.

< Message edited by David Levine -- 9/12/2022 7:04:40 PM >
Post #: 294
RE: Wolves 2022 Off Season and Draft - 9/12/2022 8:31:30 PM   
TJSweens

Yep.What Matt said isn't remotely close to cancel culture.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 295
RE: Wolves 2022 Off Season and Draft - 9/12/2022 10:49:00 PM   
Karl Juhnke

A temporary lapse in judgement. It will be forgotten quickly.
Post #: 296
RE: Wolves 2022 Off Season and Draft - 9/13/2022 7:15:09 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

quote:

But, did he then choose to post his homophobic comment to his hundreds of thousands of social media followers? Yup.

Does his quick apology look more like damage control than anything else? Also yup.

All in all, this is likely a minor incident that will be forgotten by most of the NBA followers in short notice. But it also has a strong chance of damaging the very lucrative image he's been crafting the past 2 years.

Oh look 10 sentences of condescending drivel from DL when Matt was fishing....yes it is cancel culture.

Post #: 297
RE: Wolves 2022 Off Season and Draft - 9/13/2022 8:29:12 AM   
TJSweens

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Oh look 10 sentences of condescending drivel from DL when Matt was fishing....yes it is cancel culture.

No it isn't. Not even close. Has Matt tried to organize a boycott of Timberwolves or Anthony Edwards merchandise? Has he started a petition to demand the Wolves trade or release Edwards? Has he organized a group to pressure companies not to buy ad time during Wolves broadcasts?

That would be cancel culture. Voicing displeasure at Edwards for making a homophobic comment...not even close.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 298
RE: Wolves 2022 Off Season and Draft - 9/13/2022 9:42:00 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: TJSweens

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

No it isn't. Not even close. Has Matt tried to organize a boycott of Timberwolves or Anthony Edwards merchandise? Has he started a petition to demand the Wolves trade or release Edwards? Has he organized a group to pressure companies not to buy ad time during Wolves broadcasts?

That would be cancel culture. Voicing displeasure at Edwards for making a homophobic comment...not even close.

Reread Matt's post. Ant is 21.

Post #: 299
RE: Wolves 2022 Off Season and Draft - 9/13/2022 10:05:55 AM   
TJSweens

quote:

An expression of displeasure with Ant. That’s not cancel culture. You either don't understand the expression or you're willfully misusing it.

Post #: 300
Page:   <<   < prev  10 11 [12] 13 14   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Timberwolves >> RE: Wolves 2022 Off Season and Draft Page: <<   < prev  10 11 [12] 13 14   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode