Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Wolves 2022 Off Season and Draft

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Timberwolves >> RE: Wolves 2022 Off Season and Draft Page: <<   < prev  12 13 14 [15] 16   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Wolves 2022 Off Season and Draft - 10/3/2022 10:25:13 AM   
Phil Riewer

Jon Krawczynski
@JonKrawczynski
Wolves asst Pablo Prigioni has known D'Angelo Russell going back to their days in Brooklyn.

"I think I have seen D-Lo in so many different moods. This one is the best I’ve ever seen him. Hopefully that impacts on his game, so that means it impacts on our team."
9:06 AM · Oct 3, 2022
·TweetDeck

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 351
RE: Wolves 2022 Off Season and Draft - 10/3/2022 10:25:54 AM   
Pauldiercks1

lol I think people are over reading this.
I know what you mean kgdabom.
However with the supposed low picks we would get, and McDaniels' high upside, I am fine giving the picks for him and keeping him.
we are making a run now. Jaden fits this team very well what we need and what he may grow into. I would have been very disappointed had we put him in the trade mix.

Would have loved to keep Beverley really but you have to give up something.
Realistically we gave up very little. Role players and very likely the draft picks of role players at best.
Post #: 352
RE: Wolves 2022 Off Season and Draft - 10/3/2022 12:58:49 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: Matt Lang

quote:

kept all 5 first round picks

Correction: 4 picks and 1 pick swap

It's generally accepted that we gave up two extra picks to keep McDaniels.

The odds of getting a player anywhere near as good as McD with late 1st round picks is really, really small.

My comment was that I would rather have kept all five picks and given up McDaniels than give up all 5 picks and keep him. For 2 picks I'd rather keep him.

Doubt Utah would have trade Gobert straight up for McD

I never said they would. I just stated my preference. Also there were other players in the deal. It would not have been straight up for McDaniels.

You don't get Gobert otherwise; others wanted him also. Kyle Anderson, Curry and they other two draft picks...we will have plenty of depth.

Phil look at everything I've posted. I never said we would get Gobert otherwise. I just stated my preference.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 353
RE: Wolves 2022 Off Season and Draft - 10/3/2022 2:19:37 PM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

The odds of getting a player anywhere near as good as McD with late 1st round picks is really, really small.

My comment was that I would rather have kept all five picks and given up McDaniels than give up all 5 picks and keep him. For 2 picks I'd rather keep him.

I never said they would. I just stated my preference. Also there were other players in the deal. It would not have been straight up for McDaniels.

You don't get Gobert otherwise; others wanted him also. Kyle Anderson, Curry and they other two draft picks...we will have plenty of depth.

Phil look at everything I've posted. I never said we would get Gobert otherwise. I just stated my preference.

You can't have both. To get Gobert it was picks or McDaniels. You said trade McDaniels.

I like keeping McDaniels. Kessler looks good but the rookie from Memphis looks like he could be something in a couple of years. The new GM is sharp.

Post #: 354
RE: Wolves 2022 Off Season and Draft - 10/3/2022 2:35:38 PM   
Phil Riewer

Umm what?

Dane Moore
@DaneMooreNBA
·
46m
Karl-Anthony Towns says he wasn't cleared to walk until Saturday in his recovery from the illness he has been dealing with.

Towns said he is going to keep taking the doctors advice, but said the odds of him being back for the regular season "looks good".

Post #: 355
RE: Wolves 2022 Off Season and Draft - 10/4/2022 5:30:25 AM  1 votes
kgdabom

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

You can't have both. To get Gobert it was picks or McDaniels. You said trade McDaniels.

I like keeping McDaniels. Kessler looks good but the rookie from Memphis looks like he could be something in a couple of years. The new GM is sharp.

I just stated my preference was trading McDaniels and Keeping all 5 first round picks. I never said it could have happened.

< Message edited by kgdabom -- 10/4/2022 5:33:06 AM >

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 356
RE: Wolves 2022 Off Season and Draft - 10/4/2022 5:31:40 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

Umm what?

Dane Moore
@DaneMooreNBA
·
46m
Karl-Anthony Towns says he wasn't cleared to walk until Saturday in his recovery from the illness he has been dealing with.

Towns said he is going to keep taking the doctors advice, but said the odds of him being back for the regular season "looks good".

Brian Windhorst said it was a throat infection.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 357
RE: Wolves 2022 Off Season and Draft - 10/4/2022 9:47:03 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I just stated my preference was trading McDaniels and Keeping all 5 first round picks. I never said it could have happened.

U R creating your own argument.

Post #: 358
RE: Wolves 2022 Off Season and Draft - 10/4/2022 12:40:40 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

It wasn't an argument. It was simply me stating my preference. I never gave any indication I believed it could have happened. I was just sharing my thought.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 359
RE: Wolves 2022 Off Season and Draft - 10/4/2022 12:42:02 PM   
kgdabom

Here's the report by Windhorst on KAT

Karl-Anthony Towns was hospitalized last week with a throat infection that caused him trouble breathing and forced him to be on bed rest for days.

Towns said his weight was down to 231 pounds (he's listed at 248), but he didn't reveal the nature of the non-COVID-19 illness.

Towns didn't get clearance to walk again until Saturday.

"I'm still recovering. I'm still getting better," Towns told reporters in Minneapolis before the team left on a 10-day preseason road trip. "There was more drastic things to worry about than basketball [during the illness]."

During the offseason, Towns had stem-cell treatments and platelet-rich plasma injections in both knees, his left ankle, left wrist and right finger.

BRIAN WIDHORST/ESPN

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 360
RE: Wolves 2022 Off Season and Draft - 10/5/2022 9:48:38 AM   
Karl Juhnke

I saw a picture of Towns. Yes he looks really skinny. I don’t know if he’ll put it all back on soon, but the good news is, he probably doesn’t need to play with as much bulk any more. Given his new role he’ll be expected to me more mobile and not hunkered down banging around the post as much. That’s what Gobert is for.
Post #: 361
RE: Wolves 2022 Off Season and Draft - 10/5/2022 9:55:01 AM   
Karl Juhnke

I saw most of the game last night. No KAT, no Gobert, no D’lo so we didn’t get much of a preview. They won pretty easily, but the intensity of regular season wasn’t there, everything seemed comfortable and easy. Ant especially seemed able to do what he wanted without really breaking a sweat.

So we really didn’t learn much, except that they can look competent and do the right things vs 75% defense.
Post #: 362
RE: Wolves 2022 Off Season and Draft - 10/5/2022 11:43:58 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Karl Juhnke

I saw most of the game last night. No KAT, no Gobert, no D’lo so we didn’t get much of a preview. They won pretty easily, but the intensity of regular season wasn’t there, everything seemed comfortable and easy. Ant especially seemed able to do what he wanted without really breaking a sweat.

So we really didn’t learn much, except that they can look competent and do the right things vs 75% defense.

Gobert is going to make life easier for NAZ, KAT, or whomever they have a PF when he is in.

Post #: 363
RE: Wolves 2022 Off Season and Draft - 10/6/2022 6:14:06 PM   
thebigo

quote:

Not matching the intensity of the NBA regular season is saying something
Post #: 364
RE: Wolves 2022 Off Season and Draft - 10/6/2022 6:33:35 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

It wasn't an argument. It was simply me stating my preference. I never gave any indication I believed it could have happened. I was just sharing my thought.

Ah, the battle for the best of the worst of the bottom feeders vying for the top draft pick.
Post #: 365
RE: Wolves 2022 Off Season and Draft - 10/7/2022 7:31:32 AM   
Phil Riewer

Bill,
I didn't realize the Lakers picked up Damian Jones, Walker, and Bryant. The Lakers should be better than last year with those 3 and the addition of Beverly.

I watched a little of the preseason game last night and they were interviewing next years #1 pick....pretty well spoken.

Post #: 366
RE: Wolves 2022 Off Season and Draft - 10/7/2022 10:48:01 AM   
Phil Riewer

MinnSportsFan
@HomerWolves
·
21m
Replying to
@brittrobson
Call me crazy but I think Forbes can give you exactly what Beasley does at a fraction of the cost and a bit more consistent.
MinnSportsFan
@HomerWolves
·
17m
Replying to
@HomerWolves
and
@brittrobson
We functionally swapped:

Vando for Anderson
Beasley for Forbes
PatBev for Rivers

I think the former might be a tad better overall but again, the cost is so much less and we add Gobert who addresses so many weaknesses.

Post #: 367
RE: Wolves 2022 Off Season and Draft - 10/7/2022 10:48:19 AM   
Phil Riewer

brittrobson
@brittrobson
You see the elevation in Jaden McDaniels game and you think, Chris Finch really knows what he's doing. You see Bryn Forbes exceeding expectations and think, Tim Connelly really knows what he's doing.
Taurean Prince, Ant, J-Mac. Even Nate Knight. Good times.

Post #: 368
RE: Wolves 2022 Off Season and Draft - 10/7/2022 10:49:07 AM   
Phil Riewer

brittrobson
@brittrobson
·
45m
Gobert"s a great defender no doubt (duh). But the way the guards are trapping high pick-and-rolls, the way court coverage soars when Kyle Anderson checks in, and the way the defensive-turnover-into offense template is being reinstated whether Rudy on the floor or not is also aces
brittrobson
@brittrobson
·
42m
All in all, a high bar for KAT when he returns.

Post #: 369
RE: Wolves 2022 Off Season and Draft - 10/7/2022 7:53:36 PM   
Karl Juhnke

quote:

MinnSportsFan
@HomerWolves
·
21m
Replying to
@brittrobson
Call me crazy but I think Forbes can give you exactly what Beasley does at a fraction of the cost and a bit more consistent.
MinnSportsFan
@HomerWolves
·
17m
Replying to
@HomerWolves
and
@brittrobson
We functionally swapped:

Vando for Anderson
Beasley for Forbes
PatBev for Rivers

I think the former might be a tad better overall but again, the cost is so much less and we add Gobert who addresses so many weaknesses.

That was my thought when the trade was made. Those three made contributions, but in the end they are very replaceable, and for less money, so you can't get too attached to them, especially to add a piece like Gobert. I think Vando ended up being the hardest one to see leave. I didn't think much of him at first but really grew to appreciate what he gave. I wish him well.
Post #: 370
RE: Wolves 2022 Off Season and Draft - 10/10/2022 7:40:59 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

MinnSportsFan
@HomerWolves
·
21m
Replying to
@brittrobson
MinnSportsFan
@HomerWolves
·
17m
Replying to
@HomerWolves
and
@brittrobson
We functionally swapped:

Vando for Anderson
Beasley for Forbes
PatBev for Rivers

That was my thought when the trade was made. Those three made contributions, but in the end they are very replaceable, and for less money, so you can't get too attached to them, especially to add a piece like Gobert. I think Vando ended up being the hardest one to see leave. I didn't think much of him at first but really grew to appreciate what he gave. I wish him well.

Forbes and Rivers were such good signings. Traded 30 million away for 4 million.

Post #: 371
RE: Wolves 2022 Off Season and Draft - 10/10/2022 9:42:01 AM   
TJSweens

When the Wolves traded for Gobert, I was initially shocked by sheer volume of assets going out the door. On second, third, fourth and fifth glances, it became clear that the players were very replaceable. Vando is the only one I really miss and they easily replaced him. Beasley and Beverly are the very definition of journeymen.

< Message edited by TJSweens -- 10/10/2022 10:34:40 AM >

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 372
RE: Wolves 2022 Off Season and Draft - 10/10/2022 9:59:27 AM   
Phil Riewer

I think this is the best bench and roster that we have ever had.

You can see how it is layered so well to retool every couple of years right now.

Gobert 30, Anderson 29, Prince 28, Forbes 29, Rivers 30
Kat 26, DLO 26, McLaughlin 26
Ant 21, McDaniels 22, Naz 23, Nowell 23, Moore 21, Minot 20

The guys in 10 day tryouts will make other rosters. Practice has to be nuts.

< Message edited by Phil Riewer -- 10/10/2022 10:05:59 AM >

Post #: 373
RE: Wolves 2022 Off Season and Draft - 10/10/2022 11:07:15 AM   
David Levine

quote:

I think this is the best bench and roster that we have ever had.

You can see how it is layered so well to retool every couple of years right now.

Gobert 30, Anderson 29, Prince 28, Forbes 29, Rivers 30
Kat 26, DLO 26, McLaughlin 26
Ant 21, McDaniels 22, Naz 23, Nowell 23, Moore 21, Minot 20

The guys in 10 day tryouts will make other rosters. Practice has to be nuts.

10 Day contracts don't start until January. The guys who don't make our final roster will be on our GLeague team.
Post #: 374
RE: Wolves 2022 Off Season and Draft - 10/10/2022 11:14:51 AM   
Phil Riewer

Training Camp/Exhibit 10/Exhibit 9

P.J. Dozier PG $2,133,278 - $1,836,090 - - - Exhibit-10
CJ Elleby SF $1,836,090 - $1,836,090 - - - Exhibit-10
Luka Garza C $1,637,966 - $1,637,966 - - - Exhibit-10

I think these 3 players will make NBA rosters. Dozier is coming off of an injury but if they agree to go to the G League I think they will be sniped.

< Message edited by Phil Riewer -- 10/10/2022 11:21:26 AM >

Post #: 375
Page:   <<   < prev  12 13 14 [15] 16   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Timberwolves >> RE: Wolves 2022 Off Season and Draft Page: <<   < prev  12 13 14 [15] 16   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode