Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Game Day! 9/11/2022 Packers@Vikings

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Game Day Talk >> RE: Game Day! 9/11/2022 Packers@Vikings Page: <<   < prev  12 13 14 15 [16]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Game Day! 9/11/2022 Packers@Vikings - 9/11/2022 7:42:03 PM   
Ricky J

quote:

ORIGINAL: stfrank

Is Fox having the Packers homer telecast or what?

Dont know. First thing i did was mute the game and hide the remote
Post #: 376
RE: Game Day! 9/11/2022 Packers@Vikings - 9/11/2022 8:01:14 PM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Daniel Lee Young

quote:

ORIGINAL: DavidAOlson

When the Packers had the ball, Viking up 16, only time for a couple Packers drives, and I was in terror.

— Long time Vikings fan status confirmed —

I wonder when I'll be able to relax. I'm still on edge, and the game is clearly over.

I’m thinking a three score lead, and less than two minutes left would be a nice start..

Some day soon, I hope to start that weeening off the anxiety of a late game colla…

Well there was Denny Leslie Tice Zimmer Chilly. Not one of them would outcoach teams on both sides of the ball. You were hoping for 1/3

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 377
RE: Game Day! 9/11/2022 Packers@Vikings - 9/11/2022 8:04:22 PM   
odin

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: odin

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

Great win! And I think no injuries.

Erin looked disinterested... or maybe he was concussed! Time to go visit Joe Rogan!

Where's Marty!?!?

I thought I heard Dantzler was injured at one point. The 4th-round rookie cb was on the field as a result, but i didn't hear any updates.

He was out but later in the game was back in.

I'm glad he was able to get back in the game; thanks for the info, Bill.
Post #: 378
RE: Game Day! 9/11/2022 Packers@Vikings - 9/11/2022 8:21:32 PM   
marty

You have a point Phil. Maybe Donatell will do fine, I was very impressed with the plays called on offense.

Thankfully the Packers had 2 great OL out, along with their best WR, and they didn't attack more downfield. Will get a good test with that next week on the road.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 379
RE: Game Day! 9/11/2022 Packers@Vikings - 9/11/2022 8:41:33 PM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: marty

You have a point Phil. Maybe Donatell will do fine, I was very impressed with the plays called on offense.

Thankfully the Packers had 2 great OL out, along with their best WR, and they didn't attack more downfield. Will get a good test with that next week on the road.

They didn’t let Rodgers attack deep. Watson and Doubbs I think we’re the only two open deep. That was the game plan

That is why the rib dump offs worked. Safeties were playing deep.

Also Kirk is 5-3-1 against Rodgers all time.

The line didn’t matter. The coverage was good and the oline backups played when same two were injured last year. Lazard being hurt was the one problem for GB offense. They will improve as Lazard health and Doubbs Watson Watkins integration happens

< Message edited by Phil Riewer -- 9/11/2022 8:43:46 PM >

Post #: 380
RE: Game Day! 9/11/2022 Packers@Vikings - 9/11/2022 9:07:46 PM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

Jenkins will help.

Bakhtari has been out almost 2 years from an ACL tear. Something tells me he might not be what he once was.

Lazard would have definitely helped.
Post #: 381
RE: Game Day! 9/11/2022 Packers@Vikings - 9/11/2022 9:15:56 PM  1 votes
Mark Anderson

Kirk looked really engaged.

Audibles
quicker in his drops
stepping up away from pressure
even his cadence changed at times to throw off Packer DLine

accurate as usual
Post #: 382
RE: Game Day! 9/11/2022 Packers@Vikings - 9/11/2022 9:32:29 PM   
marty

Yes, Kirk could really get this offense humming as he gets used to it.

Still wondering about center.

Suh would help the DL.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 383
RE: Game Day! 9/11/2022 Packers@Vikings - 9/11/2022 9:44:49 PM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Anderson

quote:

Jenkins will help.

Bakhtari has been out almost 2 years from an ACL tear. Something tells me he might not be what he once was.

Lazard would have definitely helped.

The two defenders GB lost during the game may hurt more than the oline. They always develop them. Jenkins is good but Rodgers was sacked when he tried extending plays more than anything. The Vikes covered the deep ball

Post #: 384
RE: Game Day! 9/11/2022 Packers@Vikings - 9/11/2022 11:35:55 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

We kicked their asses and you want to make excuses for them. WTF.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 385
RE: Game Day! 9/11/2022 Packers@Vikings - 9/12/2022 12:47:24 PM   
marty

KG, I am not making excuses for the Puke, I am being cautiously optimistic with regards to the Vikings. They'll get a good test next week with 2 great WRs.

I just want to see things fine tuned. I think it helped that Donatell knows Rodgers, hopefully he can stifle other QBs to the same degree.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 386
RE: Game Day! 9/11/2022 Packers@Vikings - 9/12/2022 10:43:51 PM   
bstinger

Going to the game was awesome. Glad it was free, for me! SKOL chants were fun. Fake snow in Sept, was questionable. Making Erin call timeouts because we were too loud was priceless. I don't think I'll be back, but I'm glad I got to go once.

The good:
Sightlines section 237, near 20-25 on the open end of the stadium, vikings sideline
The team! All 3 phases were strong.
SKOL Chants
Stadium aesthetics.

The bad:
Entry: What a mass of humanity trying to get where they were going after getting through ticket gates. Some signs recommending where to enter based on section you were in would help.
Bathrooms : Too few, too small, long lines
Prices: Wasn't my dime, but I won't spend my money there.
Parking: Not the vikings fault, but it took 45 minutes to get out of my parking garage.
The ass hat sitting in front of me: Had to stand up on almost every play.

Verdict: Like I knew without going...I'm better off watching from home. Cheap beer and bloody's. Bathroom access easy, no line. No 2.5 hr drive, each way. No parking cost. No asshat.

"You guys are true athletes!"

--twinsfan
Post #: 387
RE: Game Day! 9/11/2022 Packers@Vikings - 9/13/2022 10:39:57 AM   
Lynn G.

Seriously - not enough bathrooms? I've been there several times and was very pleased that there seemed to be bathrooms every 100 feet or so. Maybe instead of standing in one long line you could have walked a bit to a different bathroom?

It's always a long wait to get out of parking garages after a game. The best plan is to just sit in the stadium for 20 minutes or so after a game. Enjoy the extra moments, and then slowly saunter to the parking garage. Many of the people will have left by then.

But I'm glad you enjoyed the stadium itself, the SKOL chants and the overall good experience. Go Vikes!

Put our country back in the hands of people who actually want to do things to help everyday citizens. Elect Democrats.
Post #: 388
RE: Game Day! 9/11/2022 Packers@Vikings - 9/13/2022 11:54:44 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lynn G.

Seriously - not enough bathrooms? I've been there several times and was very pleased that there seemed to be bathrooms every 100 feet or so. Maybe instead of standing in one long line you could have walked a bit to a different bathroom?

It's always a long wait to get out of parking garages after a game. The best plan is to just sit in the stadium for 20 minutes or so after a game. Enjoy the extra moments, and then slowly saunter to the parking garage. Many of the people will have left by then.

But I'm glad you enjoyed the stadium itself, the SKOL chants and the overall good experience. Go Vikes!

Metrodome had bathroom issues......not the palace.

Post #: 389
RE: Game Day! 9/11/2022 Packers@Vikings - 9/13/2022 12:15:26 PM   
stfrank

quote:

ORIGINAL: bstinger

Going to the game was awesome. Glad it was free, for me! SKOL chants were fun. Fake snow in Sept, was questionable. Making Erin call timeouts because we were too loud was priceless. I don't think I'll be back, but I'm glad I got to go once.

The good:
Sightlines section 237, near 20-25 on the open end of the stadium, vikings sideline
The team! All 3 phases were strong.
SKOL Chants
Stadium aesthetics.

The bad:
Entry: What a mass of humanity trying to get where they were going after getting through ticket gates. Some signs recommending where to enter based on section you were in would help.
Bathrooms : Too few, too small, long lines
Prices: Wasn't my dime, but I won't spend my money there.
Parking: Not the vikings fault, but it took 45 minutes to get out of my parking garage.
The ass hat sitting in front of me: Had to stand up on almost every play.

Verdict: Like I knew without going...I'm better off watching from home. Cheap beer and bloody's. Bathroom access easy, no line. No 2.5 hr drive, each way. No parking cost. No asshat.

Next time go to Lamblow and you can pee in the sinks with the locals.
Post #: 390
RE: Game Day! 9/11/2022 Packers@Vikings - 9/13/2022 11:07:56 PM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lynn G.

Metrodome had bathroom issues......not the palace.

Not for the men anyway
Post #: 391
Page:   <<   < prev  12 13 14 15 [16]
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Game Day Talk >> RE: Game Day! 9/11/2022 Packers@Vikings Page: <<   < prev  12 13 14 15 [16]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode