Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/8/2022 3:47:09 PM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ricky J

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: kgdabom

quote:

Chris Tomasson
@christomasson
·
1h
Former #Vikings guard Wyatt Davis is back on a 53-man roster. The Saints have signed him off the Giants practice squad.

I wish him all the best despite how annoying it will be if he ends up being a good player.

Usually when 2 regimes aren't too high on you. Spielman kept Davis and Mond on the roster even after Zimmer's comments.

You prob can beieve Zimmer. Most people wouldn't trash people if they don't like 'em, Zim will

Zim would put the bus in reverse to catch them a 2nd time. I can't believe Mannion made Zimmer feel better; probably thought Mannion handed the ball off effectively. I wonder what Zim thought of the Iowa/SDSU game.

I was most surprised that Iowa didn't kneel down and punt on third down. Reminded me of watching the Waterboy.

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 26
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/8/2022 6:12:25 PM   
Ricky J

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Chris Tomasson
@christomasson
·
1h
Former #Vikings guard Wyatt Davis is back on a 53-man roster. The Saints have signed him off the Giants practice squad.

I wish him all the best despite how annoying it will be if he ends up being a good player.

Usually when 2 regimes aren't too high on you. Spielman kept Davis and Mond on the roster even after Zimmer's comments.

You prob can beieve Zimmer. Most people wouldn't trash people if they don't like 'em, Zim will

Zim would put the bus in reverse to catch them a 2nd time. I can't believe Mannion made Zimmer feel better; probably thought Mannion handed the ball off effectively. I wonder what Zim thought of the Iowa/SDSU game.

I was most surprised that Iowa didn't kneel down and punt on third down. Reminded me of watching the Waterboy.

Serious question, Phil: do you know what's going on at Iowa thats got me pissed, as well as others, that we believe is the biggest problem (similar thing we had here in MN)?
Post #: 27
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/8/2022 9:52:55 PM   
thebigo

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Chris Tomasson
@christomasson
·
1h

Serious question, Phil: do you know what's going on at Iowa thats got me pissed, as well as others, that we believe is the biggest problem (similar thing we had here in MN)?

CRT?
Post #: 28
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/8/2022 10:09:24 PM   
thebigo

Looks like the 2021 Rams were all about KOC.
Post #: 29
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/8/2022 10:51:57 PM   
bohumm

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

Looks like the 2021 Rams were all about KOC.

Plus a dollop of Wes Phillips and Chris O'Hara.
Post #: 30
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/8/2022 11:57:41 PM   
marty

+ Von Miller

And the Bills might be for real ....

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 31
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/9/2022 3:10:05 AM   
Daniel Lee Young

This is the kind of shit that happens when starters get no reps in real game situations.

They come out looking and being overmatched..

Green Bay’s Defense is going to feast on Checkdown statute Charlie..

"Thou shall not bear false witness”
I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 32
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/9/2022 3:12:14 AM   
Daniel Lee Young

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Chris Tomasson
@christomasson
·
1h

CRT?

Constantly run the ball, theory?

Not having a passing game theory?

When your greatest NFL QB is Chuck Long, you suck, theory?

Minnesota had Spergon Wynn and Tony Dungy ( converted to DB in the pros) theory?

< Message edited by Daniel Lee Young -- 9/9/2022 3:30:16 AM >

I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 33
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/9/2022 3:27:31 AM   
Daniel Lee Young

I know I’m gonna catch flak for my Debbie downer take on opening game, but when your QB says he won’t change his style of play…

And the offense hasn’t played one single down in preaseadon…

Prove me wrong, I’ll admit it.

< Message edited by Daniel Lee Young -- 9/9/2022 3:33:09 AM >

I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 34
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/9/2022 4:57:31 AM   
Ricky J

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Chris Tomasson
@christomasson
·
1h

CRT?

Nope.
Is what it is
Post #: 35
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/9/2022 5:02:00 AM   
Ricky J

quote:

ORIGINAL: Daniel Lee Young

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Chris Tomasson
@christomasson
·
1h

CRT?

Minnesota had Spergon Wynn and Tony Dungy ( converted to DB in the pros) theory?

The OC is the coach's son. Sound fimilar? Thought you would know that, DD
Post #: 36
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/9/2022 5:03:58 AM   
Ricky J

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Chris Tomasson
@christomasson
·
1h

CRT?

Nope.
Is what it is

nepotism
Post #: 37
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/9/2022 7:05:26 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Chris Tomasson
@christomasson
·
1h

CRT?

Nope.
Is what it is

nepotism

For sure; many are pointing fingers at the HC for not putting together a staff that is more talented than related. That doesn't even get into the racial issues they are being investigated for.

< Message edited by Phil Riewer -- 9/9/2022 7:12:50 AM >

Post #: 38
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/9/2022 7:08:07 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

This is the kind of shit that happens when starters get no reps in real game situations.

They come out looking and being overmatched..

Green Bay’s Defense is going to feast on Checkdown statute Charlie..

I think (hope) the SF scrimmage for the week was the tuneup

Post #: 39
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/9/2022 7:13:13 AM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Chris Tomasson
@christomasson
·
1h

CRT?

Pretty sure the main ire of fans is that the HC hired his son as OC and he is in over his head.

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 40
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/9/2022 7:20:59 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Chris Tomasson
@christomasson
·
1h

CRT?

Pretty sure the main ire of fans is that the HC hired his son as OC and he is in over his head.

I will Give PJ credit for that; he fired the Def Cord and Off Cord in different years when needed. Hard to do it when it is your son.

Post #: 41
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/9/2022 7:33:52 AM   
Bill Jandro

I think it would be wise NFL/College alike to implement policy barring HC's from hiring kin.

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 42
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/9/2022 7:41:17 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Chris Tomasson
@christomasson
·
1h

CRT?

I read there is a serious race issue they needed to address involving the coaches son and the workout coord; and it wasn't between them---it was how they acted/reacted over the years. Of course they fired the workout program coord.

Post #: 43
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/9/2022 7:47:24 AM   
Phil Riewer

The key for the Vikings is getting the ball to Irv and Cook plenty as the Packers love to stay in Nickel defense which is ripe for Cook to run unless you start Mannion at QB.

Post #: 44
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/9/2022 9:57:28 AM   
Ricky J

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Chris Tomasson
@christomasson
·
1h

CRT?

7pts v SDSU with no TDs
Post #: 45
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/9/2022 10:53:51 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

I think it would be wise NFL/College alike to implement policy barring HC's from hiring kin.

Absolute agreement and this should be obvious to the NFL and the NCAA.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 46
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/9/2022 11:04:16 AM   
David F.

quote:

The key for the Vikings is getting the ball to Irv and Cook plenty as the Packers love to stay in Nickel defense which is ripe for Cook to run unless you start Mannion at QB.

Nice. I'd add that stopping their running attack early and hopefully building a lead will force Rodgers to throw to a lot of unknown targets. Dang how ironic is it that in the first game Zim is gone we actually want his scheme.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 47
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/9/2022 11:05:40 AM   
kgdabom

Funny story. I joined a $250 Yahoo fantasy football league last night called Patriots FJB. I replied to a comment from somebody about the league name being stupid and said I found it humorous once I realized they were saying F Joe Biden. I mentioned I hated both Biden and Trump. I got a reply that if I hated Trump I hated America and got kicked out of the league before I could reply back that I love America I just hate politicians. IMO good riddance.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 48
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/9/2022 11:18:49 AM   
marty

Cool story KG !

Will Von Miller become the first player to get a SB ring from 3 different teams ? Is there someone that has done that before ?

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 49
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/9/2022 12:33:25 PM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

I know I’m gonna catch flak for my Debbie downer take on opening game, but when your QB says he won’t change his style of play…

And the offense hasn’t played one single down in preaseadon…

Prove me wrong, I’ll admit it.

A little tidbit.

Packers didn't play most of their starters in preseason either...

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode