Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: 2023 NFL Draft

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: 2023 NFL Draft Page: <<   < prev  29 30 [31] 32 33   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: 2023 NFL Draft - 5/5/2023 2:52:44 PM   
Jeff Jesser

And suspensions.
Post #: 751
RE: 2023 NFL Draft - 5/5/2023 3:09:10 PM   
DavidAOlson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

quote:

ORIGINAL: David F.

quote:

ORIGINAL: DavidAOlson

quote:

ORIGINAL: TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pauldiercks1

I admit I'm hoping we get our asses beat in the 2023 season. One win and I would be ecstatic. I'm old enough now winning regular season games is no longer meaningful in itself. If we lose enough to get the right QB and it takes a few years of winning no games it's totally worth it. I just know 45 yrs of trying to bolster the roster without a top 5 QB is not working. There is one person that matters on the team and it's the QB. Every other position can be a prostitute position, but a SB QB most likely needs to be drafted. Sure, it can work other ways, but the percentage is very small.
You
It still comes down to drafting and scouting. Otherwise the Lions should have been a powerhouse somewhere in the last few decades.

Ah, the Lions.

They ALWAYS find a way to screw up. I'm fascinated to find out how they'll manage this year. It's a puzzle!

Dan Campbell has shown a tendency to make emotionally driven decisions with the game on the line. In my opinion that's the top candidate for if there will be something that holds them back in 2023. My guess is that they'll win the NFCN. Just look at their last 10 games of 2022 - they were playing at an extremely high level.

Not even sure Campbell can screw this up. Lions are going to be good.

I have confidence in the Lions organization. They will find a way to screw up, in a way we cannot even imagine.

I give myself very good advice, but I very seldom follow it. --- Alice
Post #: 752
RE: 2023 NFL Draft - 5/5/2023 3:44:09 PM   
TJSweens

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I admit I'm hoping we get our asses beat in the 2023 season. One win and I would be ecstatic. I'm old enough now winning regular season games is no longer meaningful in itself. If we lose enough to get the right QB and it takes a few years of winning no games it's totally worth it. I just know 45 yrs of trying to bolster the roster without a top 5 QB is not working. There is one person that matters on the team and it's the QB. Every other position can be a prostitute position, but a SB QB most likely needs to be drafted. Sure, it can work other ways, but the percentage is very small.
You
It still comes down to drafting and scouting. Otherwise the Lions should have been a powerhouse somewhere in the last few decades.

Ah, the Lions.

They ALWAYS find a way to screw up. I'm fascinated to find out how they'll manage this year. It's a puzzle!

Dan Campbell has shown a tendency to make emotionally driven decisions with the game on the line. In my opinion that's the top candidate for if there will be something that holds them back in 2023. My guess is that they'll win the NFCN. Just look at their last 10 games of 2022 - they were playing at an extremely high level.

They'll find a way. Even when they had a good team featuring Barry Sanders, they brought in Wayne Fontes and the Silver Stench offense to undermine it.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 753
RE: 2023 NFL Draft - 5/5/2023 6:09:05 PM   
marty

IF the Lions somehow manage to win the division, I may bet money on them being one and done in the playoffs.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 754
RE: 2023 NFL Draft - 5/7/2023 10:18:01 AM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

ORIGINAL: marty

IF the Lions somehow manage to win the division, I may bet money on them being one and done in the playoffs.

I think that is exactly what will happen.

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 755
RE: 2023 NFL Draft - 5/7/2023 3:15:56 PM   
thebigo

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

You

Ah, the Lions.

I have confidence in the Lions organization. They will find a way to screw up, in a way we cannot even imagine.

I'd bet most Detroit Lion fans share that thought.
Post #: 756
RE: 2023 NFL Draft - 5/8/2023 6:20:41 AM   
marty

And this article, makes me think it might not be a bad idea to put money on the Vikings winning the division:

Why the Vikings will be better in DVOA this coming season:

https://share.newsbreak.com/3s7wxhib

< Message edited by marty -- 5/8/2023 6:21:41 AM >

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 757
RE: 2023 NFL Draft - 5/8/2023 6:22:58 AM   
marty

I liked this part:

"Interestingly, as Flores brings his scheme to the NFC North, one quarterback in particular has had two nightmare games against Brian Flores’ defense: Jared Goff- current quarterback of the Lions, the early favorite to win the division this season. Goff had four turnovers- 2 INTs, 2 lost fumbles- and a 65.7 passer rating against Miami in 2020 while with the Rams, and a 57.9 passer rating with the Rams in the Super Bowl following the 2018 season with 1 INT, 4 sacks, and having completed only 50% of his pass attempts.

Young quarterbacks often find Flores’ attacking, deceptive, blitz-heavy scheme difficult to navigate. With two young QBs in the NFC North this season, Jordan Love and Justin Fields, it will be interesting to see how they fare."

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 758
RE: 2023 NFL Draft - 5/8/2023 9:13:39 AM   
Pauldiercks1

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

You

Ah, the Lions.

They'll find a way. Even when they had a good team featuring Barry Sanders, they brought in Wayne Fontes and the Silver Stench offense to undermine it.

Fair point on the Lions, but in years past they did have a front office that might rival the Timberwolves. Maybe not the best yet IDK but the front office at minimum seems far better than it used to be..

I was just ranting my frustrationagainst lingering mediocrity. A fresh start with the right QB can often end that
Post #: 759
RE: 2023 NFL Draft - 5/9/2023 10:44:07 AM   
Murph

Some nice highlights of our new back:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O--CWBUZsvk

Hey Wilf's, let's build a "Perennial Super Bowl contender" not a "perennial playoff contender".
Post #: 760
RE: 2023 NFL Draft - 5/9/2023 2:24:24 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: Murph

Some nice highlights of our new back:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O--CWBUZsvk

Fun watch, but it's clear he doesn't have breakaway speed because he got caught from behind pretty consistently.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 761
RE: 2023 NFL Draft - 5/9/2023 3:01:17 PM   
Ricky J

I didn't see it. Can you tell me how far down field he was when he was being caught from behind?
Post #: 762
RE: 2023 NFL Draft - 5/9/2023 3:09:04 PM   
Todd M

KG is full of it. Some times guys had an angle after he was bouncing off of guys. Some times he ran clear. A few he was caught by a speedy DB.

Is he going to run by everyone? No. Is he going to blurp out a bunch of shitty 0 to 1 yard runs? Also no.
Post #: 763
RE: 2023 NFL Draft - 5/9/2023 3:11:41 PM   
Todd M

I can't believe we got him where we did

If this regime has shown one thing it's that it can fill the RB group with later picks.

< Message edited by Todd M -- 5/9/2023 3:18:45 PM >
Post #: 764
RE: 2023 NFL Draft - 5/9/2023 3:24:40 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

If this regime has shown one thing it's that it can fill the RB group with look later picks.

Bizarre, but definitely 'look later' as the past hasn't shown anything with Chandler (6-20, 3.3 average; 0 receptions; 0 TDs) and of course McBride who has yet to make the roster, let alone play a down.
Post #: 765
RE: 2023 NFL Draft - 5/9/2023 3:46:48 PM  1 votes
Todd M

Whatever.

Not sure how you survive when the site shuts down and you can't bug on everyone's posts.

Superpest.
Post #: 766
RE: 2023 NFL Draft - 5/9/2023 4:00:56 PM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

If this regime has shown one thing it's that it can fill the RB group with later picks.

Which baffles me then why they are thusfar keeping the vastly overpriced Dalvin Cook.

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 767
RE: 2023 NFL Draft - 5/9/2023 4:11:55 PM   
Todd M

Yeah it's weird we're still sitting on Cook, Z, and Hunter.

Hunter I expect to keep but time for a raise/extension.
Post #: 768
RE: 2023 NFL Draft - 5/9/2023 4:12:31 PM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trekgeekscott

quote:

Which baffles me then why they are thusfar keeping the vastly overpriced Dalvin Cook.

Is he healthy enough for passing a physical for a trade? That is about all I figure between a trade or being a June cut.

< Message edited by Phil Riewer -- 5/9/2023 4:24:42 PM >

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 769
RE: 2023 NFL Draft - 5/9/2023 4:20:22 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ricky J

I didn't see it. Can you tell me how far down field he was when he was being caught from behind?

I'd say 10 times or more he was caught from behind in that highlight video.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 770
RE: 2023 NFL Draft - 5/9/2023 4:22:19 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

KG is full of it. Some times guys had an angle after he was bouncing off of guys. Some times he ran clear. A few he was caught by a speedy DB.

Is he going to run by everyone? No. Is he going to blurp out a bunch of shitty 0 to 1 yard runs? Also no.

I said nothing negative about him. I just stated fact. He was caught from behind several times. If Robert Smith had of had those same leads he would have been caught zero times. Adequate speed yes. What I call breakaway speed no.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 771
RE: 2023 NFL Draft - 5/9/2023 4:23:13 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trekgeekscott

quote:

Due to Salary implications we will cut or trade him after June 1st.

< Message edited by kgdabom -- 5/9/2023 4:27:42 PM >

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 772
RE: 2023 NFL Draft - 5/9/2023 4:23:28 PM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: kgdabom

quote:

I said nothing negative about him. I just stated fact. He was caught from behind several times. If Robert Smith had of had those same leads he would have been caught zero times. Adequate speed yes. What I call breakaway speed no.

What is his yards per carry?

Post #: 773
RE: 2023 NFL Draft - 5/9/2023 4:26:56 PM   
Phil Riewer

Listed at 5-foot-10 and 209 points, McBride was rated as the No. 5 running back in this year's class by ESPN's Mel Kiper, Jr., and Pro Football Focus.

It doesn't hurt that McBride is able to squat 550 pounds

He played in 30 games at UAB, totaling 484 carries for 3,523 rushing yards (7.3 yards per carry) and 36 touchdowns from 2020-22.

< Message edited by Phil Riewer -- 5/9/2023 4:28:11 PM >

Post #: 774
RE: 2023 NFL Draft - 5/9/2023 4:28:27 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: kgdabom

quote:

What is his yards per carry?

7.3 I think. He doesn't have breakaway speed. Not even close. I like the pick.

< Message edited by kgdabom -- 5/9/2023 4:30:08 PM >

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 775
Page:   <<   < prev  29 30 [31] 32 33   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: 2023 NFL Draft Page: <<   < prev  29 30 [31] 32 33   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode