Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  214 215 [216] 217 218   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/28/2023 11:36:41 AM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark C. Johnson

It has everything to do with the end of the game. If he hadn't thrown 4 picks, then it's more likely than not that the Vikings would have had more than a 1 point lead. The game was lost by the turnovers which lead to the game ending stupidty. They failed to move the ball all night...not just at the end.

I see what you are saying. But that still doesn't matter. You are using revisionist history to substitute for real time. There they were with the clock, down and distance, etc. A first down wins the game.

And again, they had just scored a TD on the 77 yard drive. So the capability was there. I guarantee you that TD was not from run, run, short pass.

You two do realize that you are BOTH right...don't you?

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it's not open. Frank Zappa
Post #: 5376
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/28/2023 12:12:49 PM   
Bill Johanesen

Age old coach vs player debate.

"...we get down there and it was a dumb play by by Anderson... I love love Anderson but it was a dumb f****** play when he had with his foot his shoe was coming off...

...we had a f****** trap play called and his f****** shoe comes off... that ain't Bob Schnelker's fault..."
Post #: 5377
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/28/2023 12:29:37 PM   
Bill Johanesen

Saw this:

220 yards, 12 1st downs, TOP 24:49, 11 Drives, 12 points scored in week 6 versus the Bears

242 yards, 15 1st downs , TOP 24:10, 11 Drives, 10 points scored week 12 versus the Bears

The difference between the two games outcome was a scoop and score by the D in week 6.
Post #: 5378
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/28/2023 1:02:46 PM   
marty

Flores for head coach.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 5379
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/28/2023 1:16:26 PM   
Steve Lentz

Missing the top WR in football and playing probably our least accurate QB is not a great recipe for offense. That bomb he threw out of bounds was horrible.
Will Hall be a step up enough to make the difference? Can't be worse.

" I believe empathy is the most essential quality of civilization"
Post #: 5380
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/28/2023 1:24:56 PM   
Ricky J

quote:

ORIGINAL: marty

Flores for head coach.

Is he going to call the offensive plays when we need a first down to win?

I'm not in the fire O'Connell camp. And I don't think is incapable of learning from these last two fiascos. I would hope not.

We squeeze into the playoffs. We need a fist down to run out the clock or give it back with 2 minutes to go up 2. Seriously, what is he going to call. Id pay big bucks to have y'all mic'd up if it's Mattison up the middle for -1

< Message edited by Ricky J -- 11/28/2023 1:27:32 PM >
Post #: 5381
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/28/2023 1:31:55 PM   
marty

Flores would have the killer instinct, he would just stare at the offensive coordinator, and the right plays would get called to ice the game.

Dungy - Tomlin - Don't let Flores be the next one to get away.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 5382
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/28/2023 1:34:56 PM   
Daniel Lee Young

Dobbs issues as a passer is ball placement/ touch/ accuracy…

He is what he is..

He is not the answer for a long term QB.

But there is no excuse for the way the game was called by the head coach..

KOC was out coached by Chicago’s nobody former DC.

Chicago defense play like their head coach was a former DC.

Our offense plays like it is coached by a quy who drew up plays in a side office, then submitted his homework to a real offensive coach, and maybe got 1 or 2 correct out of 50..

Hall should get the next start..

If you see the same result due to the same game planning against the raiders and bengals, on the road..

It should highlight where the problem is.

Losing in division games, at home. Is unacceptable, regardless of opponents..

To lose to a shitty team like the bears, at home, by @ field goal, needing just one first down in the last three minutes of the fourth quarter, after the defense creates a huge turnover after taking the lead at home..

It blows my mind..

That was THE ABSOLUTE WORST CASE OF PLAYCALLING, at home with a lead, I have ever ****ing seen and it is ALL ON KOC

Period.

"Thou shall not bear false witness”
I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 5383
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/28/2023 1:57:13 PM   
Todd M

I don’t have the patience to wait and see if KOC learns not to be a scared little bitch.

Done with him, with Kwesi, and JJ can take a hike too. Mfr nursed that injury bc he didn’t get paid.
Post #: 5384
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/28/2023 2:01:36 PM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

I don’t have the patience to wait and see if KOC learns not to be a scared little bitch.

Done with him, with Kwesi, and JJ can take a hike too. Mfr nursed that injury bc he didn’t get paid.

We were 1-4 with him in the lineup. It's not like we were humming along and his injury derailed us. Sorry I'm not paying him whatever they'll claim his market value is. To me that's reserved for actual difference makers.
Post #: 5385
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/28/2023 2:09:05 PM   
Todd M

We’re together on this one, Richard. Let someone else pay up the wazoo for him. 1-4 with and coulda been 7-0 wo. You did NOT make your case for 35 mil per JJ.

We’re very likely to be one playoff appearance and no wins in 4 years with him.

Might gain some respect for KAM if he does pull the trigger. Not going to hold my breath.
Post #: 5386
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/28/2023 2:15:53 PM   
Ricky J

Who hasn't F up a time or two?
Post #: 5387
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/28/2023 2:24:14 PM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: David F.

Why do the Bears have our number when it comes to defending us this year? Our offense scored just 10 points last night and only scored 12 in our earlier meeting. Do they know something?

How was the atmosphere last night? Were there many Bears' fans in the stands?
Post #: 5388
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/28/2023 2:25:54 PM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

We’re together on this one, Richard. Let someone else pay up the wazoo for him. 1-4 with and coulda been 7-0 wo. You did NOT make your case for 35 mil per JJ.

Might gain some respect for KAM if he does pull the trigger. Not going to hold my breath.

He's signed next year for $19M. We don't have to do anything.
Post #: 5389
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/28/2023 2:27:05 PM   
Ricky J

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Anderson

quote:

Hope he doesn't tweek his hammy ;)
Post #: 5390
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/28/2023 2:29:23 PM   
Todd M

quote:

quote:

We can trade him.
Post #: 5391
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/28/2023 2:36:26 PM   
ratoppenheimer

zulgad paraphrased something o'connell said during his post-game presser - "...the most important thing for us to do when we had the ball was force the bears to use their timeouts."....

the book that he took that from, 'nfl coaching for dummies' should have been tossed when the NFL decided to open up the passing game in the mid '90s....

the journey...is paradise.
Post #: 5392
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/28/2023 2:39:03 PM   
Todd M

quote:

ORIGINAL: ratoppenheimer

zulgad paraphrased something o'connell said during his post-game presser - "...the most important thing for us to do when we had the ball was force the bears to use their timeouts."....

the book that he took that from, 'nfl coaching for dummies' should have been tossed when the NFL decided to open up the passing game in the mid '90s....

That doesn’t mean much when you let the other team roll into FG range with so little resistance they’re trying to chew the clock up.
Post #: 5393
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/28/2023 2:39:08 PM   
Jeff Jesser

There's been a lot said over "KOC is an idiot" or "Dobbs sucks". As was pointed out upstream, 2 things can be true. I'm going to say this though. As well as the D played, at times, why in the hell was Flores not keeping a spy on the outlet guy for Fields?

We would send massive pressure and right as we would get there he'd just dump it off the RB/TE that slipped out and it was a big gain. Time and time again. Love the aggression from them but damn. That was killing us.
Post #: 5394
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/28/2023 2:39:16 PM   
David F.

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: David F.

Why do the Bears have our number when it comes to defending us this year? Our offense scored just 10 points last night and only scored 12 in our earlier meeting. Do they know something?

How was the atmosphere last night? Were there many Bears' fans in the stands?

I wasn't there. Wife and her sister went. I'm in the middle of Medicare season and can't take too much time off.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 5395
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/28/2023 2:46:25 PM   
Ricky J

quote:

Ugh - there may not be any hope. sigh
Post #: 5396
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/28/2023 2:50:20 PM   
Russell Timmons

quote:

Yep, that was weak sauce.

“Even if we could turn back, we'd probably never end up where we started.” - Haruki Murakami
Post #: 5397
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/28/2023 2:55:44 PM   
fmaltes

Chicago has a good defense that has two studs--CB Johnson and DE Sweat. Also, the total talent is good. Their real issues are on the offensive side. The Vikings really are built to score big and have their offense win games. Really unfair to place Flores and our Defense as the ones to save a game.
Post #: 5398
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/28/2023 2:59:37 PM  2 votes
Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ricky J

quote:

Ugh - there may not be any hope. sigh

Follow up question. When the Bears were kneeling twice and the game was slipping away, did you re-think that philosophy?
Post #: 5399
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/28/2023 3:00:55 PM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jeff Jesser

There's been a lot said over "KOC is an idiot" or "Dobbs sucks". As was pointed out upstream, 2 things can be true. I'm going to say this though. As well as the D played, at times, why in the hell was Flores not keeping a spy on the outlet guy for Fields?

We would send massive pressure and right as we would get there he'd just dump it off the RB/TE that slipped out and it was a big gain. Time and time again. Love the aggression from them but damn. That was killing us.

Denver did the same thing.
Post #: 5400
Page:   <<   < prev  214 215 [216] 217 218   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  214 215 [216] 217 218   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode