Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  335 336 [337] 338 339   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/7/2024 3:26:58 PM   
Mark C. Johnson

That article has us taking two bums. Why would the Vikings do that?
Post #: 8401
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/7/2024 3:52:37 PM   
David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark C. Johnson

Has Kwesi done anything to give you hope that he knows what he's doing with the QB position?
Post #: 8402
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/7/2024 4:27:30 PM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: David F.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: marty

Is Pinkett a nickname for Pickett?

He has thrown some game winners, but has been injured a lot, and throws too many picks. It seems the Steeler fan base is giving up on him, a little quickly, but he hasn't set the world on fire.

I liked Lawrence, and he seemed to regress last year. I liked Richardson, and he can't stay healthy.

That is 3 first rounders there....which one has taken their team to the SB?

No trips to the Super Bowl but I checked them out. The three of them combined have a 1-1 playoff record and have amounted to combined salary cap hits of $37.2 million - for all their combined years. Six seasons totallling $37.2 million and 1-1 in the playoffs.

We paid about $200 million(?) for the same (slightly worse 1-2) results I think.

Every team has a ton of cap hits...ours was Kirk. So be it.

If you think switching out the QB is getting you to the SB good luck. Because winning the SB includes a lot of savy and a lot of luck.

< Message edited by Phil Riewer -- 3/7/2024 4:33:52 PM >

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 8403
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/7/2024 4:58:21 PM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

quote:

Has Kwesi done anything to give you hope that he knows what he's doing with the QB position?

I'm praying that we zero in and put all our eggs into one prospect basket.

Then, just as Kwesi and Kevin start prancing around with their 'we stuck to the plan' dance ... what people in other parts of the world call the lambada ... with one second on the Jets clock, the broncos swoop in and trade in for our guy.

Then we take whoever QB in the 2nd round.

Its our only chance for survival.
Post #: 8404
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/7/2024 6:16:20 PM   
Tom Sykes

in other words, we may have better luck with someone we’re not targeting.
Post #: 8405
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/7/2024 6:46:49 PM  1 votes
Bill Johanesen

Fingers crossed he'll have ESPN on and picks from "Mel's Best Available".
Post #: 8406
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/7/2024 6:52:36 PM   
Bill Johanesen

Wonder how many injuries our splash FA signing will have had and how many repeat injuries. Over/under opens with 3 and 1.

As far as the type of the worst injury, 'Back' is making gains because there is a deeper salary discount.

Even money says three of six OL signings will have had labrum tears, shoulder or hip.
Post #: 8407
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/7/2024 8:05:52 PM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

quote:

He can't even get the safety position right

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 8408
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/7/2024 8:50:48 PM   
David F.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

He has thrown some game winners, but has been injured a lot, and throws too many picks. It seems the Steeler fan base is giving up on him, a little quickly, but he hasn't set the world on fire.

I liked Lawrence, and he seemed to regress last year. I liked Richardson, and he can't stay healthy.

No trips to the Super Bowl but I checked them out. The three of them combined have a 1-1 playoff record and have amounted to combined salary cap hits of $37.2 million - for all their combined years. Six seasons totallling $37.2 million and 1-1 in the playoffs.

We paid about $200 million(?) for the same (slightly worse 1-2) results I think.

If you think switching out the QB is getting you to the SB good luck. Because winning the SB includes a lot of savy and a lot of luck.

We have to change the qb - now or very soon. If you think signing Kirk to a 10-year contract is getting you to the SB good luck.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 8409
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/7/2024 9:11:09 PM   
Daniel Lee Young

sSD.

Wrong thread

"Thou shall not bear false witness”
I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 8410
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/8/2024 8:48:56 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

quote:

quote:

He actually had extras....Bynum, Mettellus, and Harry?

Post #: 8411
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/8/2024 8:50:51 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

We have to change the qb - now or very soon. If you think signing Kirk to a 10-year contract is getting you to the SB good luck.

Posters are mentioning SB in the same sentence new QB...those 2 have nothing to do with it.....even Mahomes and Brady needed luck on their side to win.

Post #: 8412
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/8/2024 9:00:52 AM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Posters are mentioning SB in the same sentence new QB...those 2 have nothing to do with it.....even Mahomes and Brady needed luck on their side to win.

Kirk rode the luckiest season in nfl history into the playoffs and couldn’t beat the worst team in the playoffs. It was in his hands … not the kicker, not a rb fumble, not a bad ol, not a dropped pass, not a bad call by the ref … all the usual excuses.

They all need luck to win a SB but they also need the ability to show up when it matters.
Post #: 8413
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/8/2024 9:39:47 AM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Right. Because after a combined 18 years in the NFL Cousins, Fields, and Lance have so much 'savy' and so much luck.
Post #: 8414
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/8/2024 9:42:15 AM   
Bill Johanesen

Some posters are simply afraid of drafting a QB even though 99% of the QBs playing were.... drafted.
Post #: 8415
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/8/2024 9:49:10 AM   
Bill Johanesen

Again, the remaining QBs questions boil down to:

- Do they sign a low budget bridge QB or ride with Mullens?
- What QB will they draft in the 1st round?

The intrigue is mostly about whether Kwesi will stand pat at 11 or make a small trade up into the 7-10 range.
Post #: 8416
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/8/2024 9:51:56 AM   
Bill Johanesen

Although.... in the "Kwesi being Kwesi" QB scenario:

- He signs Darnold.
- He tries to wait until #42 to select Penix. When Penix is picked before then, Kwesi merely says "We have a lot of confidence in Darnold, blah, blah, yadda, yadda."
Post #: 8417
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/8/2024 10:00:38 AM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

- He signs Darnold.
- He tries to wait until #42 to select Penix. When Penix is picked before then, Kwesi merely says "We have a lot of confidence in Darnold, blah, blah, yadda, yadda."

Or, if Penix is there but we've traded our 2nd for Sneed, as Mr. Anderson is advocating.

(and with no #3)

and with the 11th pick in the draft ... Brock Bowers, come on down!
Post #: 8418
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/8/2024 10:07:29 AM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tom Sykes

quote:

- He signs Darnold.

Or, if Penix is there but we've traded our 2nd for Sneed, as Mr. Anderson is advocating.

(and with no #3)

and with the 11th pick in the draft ... Brock Bowers, come on down!

Brock Bowers makes all of the TEs better.
Post #: 8419
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/8/2024 10:08:57 AM   
David Levine

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

quote:

quote:

He actually had extras....Bynum, Mettellus, and Harry?

I'll take top end quality over quantity.

Kyle Hamilton was right there. And we'd still have Bynum and Metellus.
Post #: 8420
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/8/2024 10:12:24 AM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

The intrigue is mostly about whether Kwesi will stand pat at 11 or make a small trade up into the 7-10 range.

I will be shocked if he doesn't trade down

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 8421
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/8/2024 10:24:27 AM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trekgeekscott

quote:

I will be shocked if he doesn't trade down

Yeah... I was going to add that in but didn't.
Post #: 8422
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/8/2024 1:04:02 PM   
David F.

quote:

Some posters are simply afraid of drafting a QB even though 99% of the QBs playing were.... drafted.

I think about this all the time.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 8423
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/8/2024 1:53:25 PM   
David F.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

If there was a game of chance in which a bunch of colored balls were placed in a bingo hopper, and 50% of the balls were a color - let's say blue, and 30% of the balls were red, and 20% of the balls were yellow, and I could ask you two questions these are the two I would ask:

When a blue ball is drawn was there an element of luck?

Which color ball should we ALWAYS pick?

Bonus question: When a yellow ball is drawn would we change our strategy and bet on yellows?

EDIT: I got my colors screwed up originally - fixed it.

< Message edited by David F. -- 3/8/2024 2:03:01 PM >

Post #: 8424
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/8/2024 5:48:22 PM   
Daniel Lee Young

You… are .. asking ?Phil? .. to do statistical probability?

"Thou shall not bear false witness”
I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 8425
Page:   <<   < prev  335 336 [337] 338 339   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  335 336 [337] 338 339   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode