Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/7/2023 9:56:34 AM   
kgdabom

Thanks Erik.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 76
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/7/2023 8:54:13 PM   
marty

Can't thank Erik enough.

It's tempting to send a donation to Erik, this site is awesome.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 77
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/7/2023 8:58:22 PM   
marty

What can't be ignored in the Thielen slide in production, is the fact that Kirk rarely throws to WRs that aren't wide open.

Sidney Rice didn't often get open (I am guessing lack of speed, and not quick change of direction route running), so he didn't do much until the Vikings signed a QB that was willing to throw it to him, even if he wasn't very open: Brett Favre.

One think I liked about Jeron Mahomes Hall's highlights, he sometimes threw to WRs that weren't all that open.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 78
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/8/2023 9:50:44 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: marty

What can't be ignored in the Thielen slide in production, is the fact that Kirk rarely throws to WRs that aren't wide open.

Sidney Rice didn't often get open (I am guessing lack of speed, and not quick change of direction route running), so he didn't do much until the Vikings signed a QB that was willing to throw it to him, even if he wasn't very open: Brett Favre.

One think I liked about Jeron Mahomes Hall's highlights, he sometimes threw to WRs that weren't all that open.

I think there is a difference between no window, small window, and contested catches.

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 79
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/8/2023 12:18:44 PM   
Bill Johanesen

It's not uncommon for Cousins to throw into tight windows. Sometimes his throws are errant but he has been lucky here to have had Diggs, Theilen, and JJ make crazy catches.
Post #: 80
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/8/2023 12:28:53 PM   
David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

It's not uncommon for Cousins to throw into tight windows. Sometimes his throws are errant but he has been lucky here to have had Diggs, Theilen, and JJ make crazy catches.

Yeah, I think a couple years ago Diggs and Thielen were like #s 1 and 2 in contested catches.
Post #: 81
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/8/2023 1:21:52 PM  3 votes
Daniel Lee Young

quote:

It’s not uncommon for cousins to throw out of bounds, into the end zone stands and 5-6 yards short of the sticks/ line to gain on any given third or fourth down..

Drives die often when the ball leaves the centers hand and is touched by Kirk Fn Cousins…

"Thou shall not bear false witness”
I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 82
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/8/2023 3:11:43 PM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

quote:

Yeah, I think a couple years ago Diggs and Thielen were like #s 1 and 2 in contested catches.

That was when Case Keenum was here, because they had to be, or opposing teams would have intercepted about 653 balls.

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 83
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/8/2023 5:06:10 PM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trekgeekscott

quote:

quote:

That was when Case Keenum was here, because they had to be, or opposing teams would have intercepted about 653 balls.

I find it weird that the majority rail on Kirk on the 4th down pass when KJ dropped the 3rd down pass and actually give him a pass......

Also Spielman is more on my s list than Kirk....Dead Cap on Barr, Pierce, Rudolph, Gladney, Reiff, Breland, Hughes, etc. etc. did more harm to the Vikings in 22 and 23 and were the reason they had to extend Kirk....

< Message edited by Phil Riewer -- 5/8/2023 5:08:28 PM >

Post #: 84
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/8/2023 5:38:01 PM   
David Levine

quote:

quote:

quote:

I looked it up, you are 100% correct.
Post #: 85
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/8/2023 6:02:49 PM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

quote:

I find it weird that the majority rail on Kirk on the 4th down pass when KJ dropped the 3rd down pass and actually give him a pass......

Also Spielman is more on my s list than Kirk....Dead Cap on Barr, Pierce, Rudolph, Gladney, Reiff, Breland, Hughes, etc. etc. did more harm to the Vikings in 22 and 23 and were the reason they had to extend Kirk....

nm
Post #: 86
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/8/2023 6:03:20 PM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I find it weird that you still have the audacity to blame the majority of fans for 'remembering it wrong' and not yourself.

https://twitter.com/WillRagatz/status/1614811195491635201

< Message edited by Tom Sykes -- 5/8/2023 10:29:43 PM >
Post #: 87
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/8/2023 6:06:39 PM   
Todd M

That's funny. WO having recall of the play I was thinking - I bet if I could find that play it would show it wasn't on KJ.

But I didn't have to the work.
Post #: 88
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/9/2023 7:43:53 AM   
Daniel Lee Young

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tom Sykes

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I find it weird that you still have the audacity to blame the majority of fans for 'remembering it wrong' and not yourself.

A KFC Stan has to do what all Stan’s do…

Die on idiotic hills.

I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 89
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/9/2023 8:01:16 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Audacity for KJ not making a play...oh my the audacity. All Kirk's fault....

The throw was there for KJ to make a play.

Einstein once went in front of a classroom and solved 9 problems in a row and deliberately got the 10 wrong.....he did it on purpose to show that no one said anything on the 9 right ones and laughed or ridiculed him on the 10th one.

< Message edited by Phil Riewer -- 5/9/2023 8:06:31 AM >

Post #: 90
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/9/2023 8:09:18 AM   
Daniel Lee Young

If your fan boy QB, himself, says it was a poor throw into good coverage, who the **** are tou to blame the receiver?

Fanboy Kirk Stan..

That’s who..

I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 91
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/9/2023 8:13:15 AM  2 votes
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Daniel Lee Young
If your fan boy QB, himself, says it was a poor throw into good coverage, who the **** are tou to blame the receiver?
Fanboy Kirk Stan..
That’s who..

Fanboy? Pick one of Ponder, Bridgewater, or Tavaris Jackson? That is the type you would have had with not enough picks this year....

I am a Fan of a 13-4 team; not quite sure you realize that....this is the same way if not worse you acted with Favre. Continue on your petty-not my favorite QB-rant and keep acting like a little baby instead of a grown man.

The FO and Coach thought their best chance this year was Kirk; get over yourself.

< Message edited by Phil Riewer -- 5/9/2023 8:18:40 AM >

Post #: 92
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/9/2023 9:29:14 AM   
David F.

Not only was the throw to KJ behind him to the point that it allowed the defender to break up the catch, by not leading KJ properly we missed out on the opportunity for a 30+ yard gain. If Kirk puts that ball where KJ can catch it in stride that might have been a TD. If Kirk leads him even a little bit the catch still gets made but KJ gets tackled on the spot. These are tiny little details that, when added up over time, mean the difference between good and great.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 93
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/9/2023 9:32:04 AM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Daniel Lee Young

Fanboy Kirk Stan..

That’s who..

Kirk Cousins: "The third and 8 is the one that I want back. I felt like, you get man coverage, the ball needs to be a little more out front of KJ. It was right on him, in the sense that the DB was able to break it up. I felt like if the ball was out front, the DB can’t do that."

Yeah, you wanted it back so you could turtle the next play and go to your safe place.

So many shitty decisions and throws to "want back", how does he choose?
Post #: 94
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/9/2023 9:35:02 AM   
David F.

If you watch the clip in the link provided you can see exactly where KJ alters his route to try and come back to the ball. The ball needed to be thrown about one yard more to the sideline and one yard more upfield, at which point, KJ is off to the races. I can't tell from the clip if Hockinson in the flat was a distraction for Kirk or not (tempting target).

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 95
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/9/2023 9:36:33 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: David F.

Not only was the throw to KJ behind him to the point that it allowed the defender to break up the catch, by not leading KJ properly we missed out on the opportunity for a 30+ yard gain. If Kirk puts that ball where KJ can catch it in stride that might have been a TD. If Kirk leads him even a little bit the catch still gets made but KJ gets tackled on the spot. These are tiny little details that, when added up over time, mean the difference between good and great.

Again did you watch the rest of the game? KJ could have made a better play on the ball....not every throw is going to be perfect. Kirk made a ton of great throws in the game. Are you tempering your expectations for Kirk (because you want him gone) or are you using a fair assessment. Seems to me like you expect Kirk to make the perfect play/throw every play.

Post #: 96
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/9/2023 9:38:06 AM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Einstein once went in front of a classroom and solved 9 problems in a row and deliberately got the 10 wrong.....he did it on purpose to show that no one said anything on the 9 right ones and laughed or ridiculed him on the 10th one.

Doubling down on a lame statement moves the lamelight from the post to the poster.
Post #: 97
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/9/2023 9:39:02 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Doubling down on a lame statement moves the lamelight from the post to the poster.

Not a double down....expecting others to make a play....maybe the reason Addison was drafted?
It is weird that posters wanted Kirk to allow WR to make a play on 4th down after he did that on third down. Just waiting in the shadows for the QB to make a throw that isn't completed; happens 35% of the time.

Quit the pro cousins bias BS when you are obviously the anti cousins biased one.

< Message edited by Phil Riewer -- 5/9/2023 9:43:07 AM >

Post #: 98
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/9/2023 9:48:47 AM   
David F.

quote:

quote:

Again did you watch the rest of the game? KJ could have made a better play on the ball....not every throw is going to be perfect. Kirk made a ton of great throws in the game. Are you tempering your expectations for Kirk (because you want him gone) or are you using a fair assessment. Seems to me like you expect Kirk to make the perfect play/throw every play.

I EXPECT a franchise QB, in his fifth year on the team, eleventh year in the league, to make a ton of great throws in a game. Listen, the guy is a good QB. Everyone, like literally EVERYONE, can say he's a good QB. He's just not a great QB. To say, "hey look at all the good throws he made" is missing the point. No shit he made some good throws. Wouldn't we EXPECT a guy we paid so much money for and extended on fully guaranteed contracts to "make some good throws"?

Post #: 99
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/9/2023 9:52:47 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

quote:

I EXPECT a franchise QB, in his fifth year on the team, eleventh year in the league, to make a ton of great throws in a game. Listen, the guy is a good QB. Everyone, like literally EVERYONE, can say he's a good QB. He's just not a great QB. To say, "hey look at all the good throws he made" is missing the point. No shit he made some good throws. Wouldn't we EXPECT a guy we paid so much money for and extended on fully guaranteed contracts to "make some good throws"?

I think the offense will be more explosive this year with Nailor and Addison creating the separation that Thielen and KJ lack plus a defense that will be better. If your personal take still regresses to a fully guaranteed contract that most of the top 10 qbs make (most much more) as one of the sole problems....you may have to look up the definition of bias instead of our Defenses rank and dead cap the last 2 years.

< Message edited by Phil Riewer -- 5/9/2023 9:58:29 AM >

Post #: 100
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode