Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  7 8 [9] 10 11   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/17/2023 1:59:38 AM  1 votes
ratoppenheimer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ricky J

SKOR North
@SKORNorth
·
3h
UPDATE: The Minnesota #Vikings are only on the hook for $1.77 million in the Za'Darius Smith trade to the Cleveland Browns and create around $10 million in cap space

should have made reagor part of that deal....

the journey...is paradise.
Post #: 201
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/17/2023 7:33:00 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Daniel Lee Young

Buy out the no trade clause…

Bag of droughts and KFC to the J.E.T.S.. Jets..jets..jets.. for Erin Snoggers..

Get it over with . With another puke Drama QUeen..

And move on..

Or is being a Christian a franchise unwritten rule?

That BYU QB has made some throws to his rookie WR in ota.

Wonder how ESPN thought Kirk played in the playoffs last year:
https://www.espn.com/nfl/qbr/_/seasontype/3

What does PFF think Kirk was as a QB in 2022:
https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-2022-nfl-quarterback-rankings-and-tiers

How was Kirk in the 4th Quarter in 2022:
https://www.footballdb.com/statistics/nfl/player-splits/passing/fourth-quarter/2022?sort=passrate

< Message edited by Phil Riewer -- 5/17/2023 7:36:29 AM >

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 202
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/17/2023 9:05:24 AM  1 votes
David F.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

quote:

And move on..

https://www.footballdb.com/statistics/nfl/player-splits/passing/fourth-quarter/2022?sort=passrate

Serious question: why doesn’t any of that ever translate into making the playoffs / success in the playoffs? He’s had great weapons on offense. He’s had top 10 defenses. He’s been in the league 10+ years.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 203
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/17/2023 9:45:45 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: David F.

quote:

quote:

And move on..

Serious question: why doesn’t any of that ever translate into making the playoffs / success in the playoffs? He’s had great weapons on offense. He’s had top 10 defenses. He’s been in the league 10+ years.

When did he last have a top 10 defense and great offense? Who is doing the translating?

2023 maybe where he has had the best team around him.......some fail to realize that KOC is the best Offensive minded and passing coach he has had while with the Vikings. Weird that it is the one year Kirk overachieved as did the team (with that horrible defense).

People forget that Zimmer wanted to run more than pass....totally lost in translation.

This pretend narrative that all the stars where aligned for Kirk...

< Message edited by Phil Riewer -- 5/17/2023 9:54:26 AM >

Post #: 204
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/17/2023 10:15:56 AM   
TJSweens

The problem is that there is no defending that season ending pass. Regardless of the abysmal defensive performance, Cousins was in the quitissential ...QB establishes himself as a playoff hero...moment and he farted.

Yes, if the defense forced even one punt in the first 3 quarters, the Vikings likely win that game. Yes, Cousins and the offense kept them in the game to that point. The problem is that was a moment that defines a QB. That is the moment that has defined the great QB's throughout the decades. That was Cousins moment to prove his detractors wrong and he threw a check down choke. It was such an epic failure that it overshadowed one of the most embarrassing playoff performances by any defense...ever.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 205
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/17/2023 10:23:41 AM   
ratoppenheimer

quote:

quote:

And move on..

quarterbacks with over 100 attempts passing; cousins is #3 overall....

cousins is tied with brady at #1 with 13 td's....

< Message edited by ratoppenheimer -- 5/17/2023 1:36:39 PM >

the journey...is paradise.
Post #: 206
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/17/2023 10:37:41 AM   
David F.

quote:

When did he last have a top 10 defense and great offense? Who is doing the translating?

2019. Our offense ranked #8 in points and #15 in yards. Our defense ranked #5 in points and #14 in yards. We went 10-6, finished 2nd in the NFC North. We beat the Saints in overtime in the first round of the playoffs then got a beatdown from the Niners in the divisional round. The QB play in the playoffs was terrible - I did a post detailing that within the last month (not going to look it up). The stats end up looking ok but if you dig into that Niners game you'll see Kirk did absolutely nothing but check down and turn the ball over until garbage time.

So when he has everything around him the ceiling is 2nd in the division and a wild card miracle win in the playoffs. When anything, and I mean literally ANYTHING isn't perfect around him the ceiling is not making the playoffs up to one-and-done in the playoffs.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 207
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/17/2023 10:51:33 AM   
Trekgeekscott

I can't wait until we have another QB so everybody has somebody new to declare as inadequate to the task of helping the Vikings win.

If a cow doesn't provide milk, is that a milk dud or and udder failure?
Post #: 208
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/17/2023 10:58:09 AM   
David F.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trekgeekscott

I can't wait until we have another QB so everybody has somebody new to declare as inadequate to the task of helping the Vikings win.

I can't wait until the current super star on our roster wearing #8 lives up to literally ANY of the praise that is lauded on him for whatever reason. I'll be waiting longer than you.

Post #: 209
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/17/2023 11:15:03 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trekgeekscott

I can't wait until the current super star on our roster wearing #8 lives up to literally ANY of the praise that is lauded on him for whatever reason. I'll be waiting longer than you.

The old we consider him a superstar post once again....

Post #: 210
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/17/2023 11:18:41 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

2019. Our offense ranked #8 in points and #15 in yards. Our defense ranked #5 in points and #14 in yards. We went 10-6, finished 2nd in the NFC North. We beat the Saints in overtime in the first round of the playoffs then got a beatdown from the Niners in the divisional round. The QB play in the playoffs was terrible - I did a post detailing that within the last month (not going to look it up). The stats end up looking ok but if you dig into that Niners game you'll see Kirk did absolutely nothing but check down and turn the ball over until garbage time.

So when he has everything around him the ceiling is 2nd in the division and a wild card miracle win in the playoffs. When anything, and I mean literally ANYTHING isn't perfect around him the ceiling is not making the playoffs up to one-and-done in the playoffs.

2019...you thought that was a great team? You looked back thru all the Kirk years and that is the best you could find....

I think our last great teams where the first Brett Favre year and the Randall year....

The team they are putting together in 2023 is better than 2019......it really isn't saying much either. Most of the issues were coaching and GM related.

< Message edited by Phil Riewer -- 5/17/2023 11:21:29 AM >

Post #: 211
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/17/2023 11:23:55 AM   
David F.

quote:

quote:

quote:

2019...you thought that was a great team? You looked back thru all the Kirk years and that is the best you could find....

I think our last great teams where the Brett Favre and Randall years....

Well you asked "when did he have a top ten defense and a good offense" so I provided the answer.

I think our last great teams where the Brett Favre and Randall years.... Soooo... You're saying it's the QB that's the issue? I have to admit, I didn't think I'd be able to persuade you over to my side of the argument but here we are!

Post #: 212
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/17/2023 11:45:17 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I think our last great teams where the Brett Favre and Randall years....

Well you asked "when did he have a top ten defense and a good offense" so I provided the answer.

I think our last great teams where the Brett Favre and Randall years.... Soooo... You're saying it's the QB that's the issue? I have to admit, I didn't think I'd be able to persuade you over to my side of the argument but here we are!

How many HOF were on those teams? It was a reference to the team....not only the QB; which once again you are stuck on.

Look back on the HOF on the Oline, Dline, etc. on those two teams--even All Pro/Pro Bowler list throughout the team....I will hang up and wait for you to blame Kirk once again.

< Message edited by Phil Riewer -- 5/17/2023 11:53:06 AM >

Post #: 213
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/17/2023 2:40:22 PM   
David F.

Bret Favre had one hall of famer on his squad (other than himself) in 2009 - Steve Hutchinson. Jared Allen might make it in someday although he was passed over this year. That being said, Justin Jefferson had HOF potential. So do Christian darrisaw and Brian oniel. TJ hockenson also. Daniel hunter isn’t out of the running just yet. Way too early to say for any of them of course.

Post #: 214
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/17/2023 3:07:49 PM   
Daniel Lee Young

quote:

ORIGINAL: ratoppenheimer

quote:

quote:

And move on..

quarterbacks with over 100 attempts passing; cousins is #3 overall....

cousins is tied with brady at #1 with 13 td's....

Doesn’t make any less of him being a choker, sucking cap pig

He embarrasses the franchise and his Stan’s with gaudy, USELESS, Stats.

When it counts in playoffs, he sucks.

< Message edited by Daniel Lee Young -- 5/17/2023 3:09:30 PM >

"Thou shall not bear false witness”
I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 215
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/17/2023 3:34:02 PM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

Bret Favre had one hall of famer on his squad (other than himself) in 2009 - Steve Hutchinson. Jared Allen might make it in someday although he was passed over this year. That being said, Justin Jefferson had HOF potential. So do Christian darrisaw and Brian oniel. TJ hockenson also. Daniel hunter isn’t out of the running just yet. Way too early to say for any of them of course.

Again look at the All Pros and Pro Bowlers....you think that Favre did all that? AP, Percy, Sidney, Hutch, Winfield, Allen, etc. Way better roster. Same with RC's team.

You know it, I know it, the whole site of posters does know it also....you thought the 2022 roster had a shot to win it all at any time? Same applies to 2019. I knew going into 2009 and 1998. That is the GM's job.

Post #: 216
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/17/2023 3:46:48 PM  1 votes
David F.

You asked a question and I provided the answer. Now you’re saying I thought 2019 and 2022 were championship caliber teams? You’re actually doing somewhat well in this argument you really don’t need to jump to lying, especially at this point.

Post #: 217
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/17/2023 4:41:07 PM   
TJSweens

quote:

You asked a question and I provided the answer. Now you’re saying I thought 2019 and 2022 were championship caliber teams? You’re actually doing somewhat well in this argument you really don’t need to jump to lying, especially at this point.

It's like you don't know Phil at all.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 218
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/17/2023 4:53:14 PM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: TJSweens

quote:

All along David F and Dan say the reason we aren't moving along in the playoffs is Kirk.....doesn't matter what the roster is....I said pick a year where we had a good roster. He picked a year and I asked him point blank if it was a championship roster....if it isn't they will blame Kirk or his salary, exactly his response once again....it is what Kirk haters do. Rinse, repeat.

2019 and 2022 were not championship rosters; 0.0% to do with the QB. 2023 may have the most competitive roster Kirk has had to QB...

< Message edited by Phil Riewer -- 5/17/2023 4:59:19 PM >

Post #: 219
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/17/2023 5:41:15 PM  1 votes
TJSweens

Technically, you said pick a year when Kirk had a top 10 defense and a top 10 offense and David did.

Post #: 220
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/17/2023 7:19:05 PM   
Murph

quote:

quote:

quote:

All along David F and Dan say the reason we aren't moving along in the playoffs is Kirk.....doesn't matter what the roster is....I said pick a year where we had a good roster. He picked a year and I asked him point blank if it was a championship roster....if it isn't they will blame Kirk or his salary, exactly his response once again....it is what Kirk haters do. Rinse, repeat.

2019 and 2022 were not championship rosters; 0.0% to do with the QB. 2023 may have the most competitive roster Kirk has had to QB...

Case Keenum is better than Kirk in the spotlight. He didn't need a top 10 defense and offense to win or choke away a playoff game.

Cousins will never ever lead us Super Bowl victory so why keep him around?

Trade him to the 9ers, he'll waive his no trade clause for them.

Hey Wilf's, let's build a "Perennial Super Bowl contender" not a "perennial playoff contender".
Post #: 221
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/17/2023 8:19:37 PM   
Ricky J

Im so glad im not bothered that Kirk is going to QB "our" team next season ...

-a little pissed we gave up the lead to the Dodgers, though
Post #: 222
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/17/2023 9:32:23 PM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Murph

quote:

quote:

quote:

Case Keenum is better than Kirk in the spotlight. He didn't need a top 10 defense and offense to win or choke away a playoff game.

Cousins will never ever lead us Super Bowl victory so why keep him around?

Trade him to the 9ers, he'll waive his no trade clause for them.

Case keenum is probably available
Post #: 223
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/17/2023 9:33:24 PM   
thebigo

quote:

Technically, you said pick a year when Kirk had a top 10 defense and a top 10 offense and David did.

Where did the coaching staff rank?
Post #: 224
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/18/2023 7:38:38 AM   
TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

quote:

Where did the coaching staff rank?

That wasn't the question.

Post #: 225
Page:   <<   < prev  7 8 [9] 10 11   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  7 8 [9] 10 11   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode