Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: WEEK 3: vs Chargers 9-24-23 12:00PM CT

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Game Day Talk >> RE: WEEK 3: vs Chargers 9-24-23 12:00PM CT Page: <<   < prev  13 14 15 16 [17]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: WEEK 3: vs Chargers 9-24-23 12:00PM CT - 9/24/2023 4:39:59 PM   
bgdavis

The reversal from last season continues - they're staying right on track to be 0-11 (or worse) in 1-score games.

Heimdall kept the “ringing” horn, Gjallarhorn, which could be heard throughout heaven, earth, and the lower world; he would sound the horn to summon the gods when their enemies drew near.
(Norse mythology)
Post #: 401
RE: WEEK 3: vs Chargers 9-24-23 12:00PM CT - 9/24/2023 4:40:34 PM   
David Levine

Guess I shouldn't be surprised Cousins didn't spike the ball. He doesn't exactly have a history of being calm under pressure.

Here is a great example:

Kirk Cousins Takes Knee Instead Of Spiking Football, Time Expires

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIHrDMrJJ5g&ab_channel=YouTubeMovies
Post #: 402
RE: WEEK 3: vs Chargers 9-24-23 12:00PM CT - 9/24/2023 4:41:04 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: bgdavis

The reversal from last season continues - they're staying right on track to be 0-11 (or worse) in 1-score games.

Yep 3 games 3 losses all by 1 score.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 403
RE: WEEK 3: vs Chargers 9-24-23 12:00PM CT - 9/24/2023 5:09:25 PM   
Bill Johanesen

Pathetically funny how the 13-4 crowd never mentions the NFL 11-0 record in one score games, but oh boy... this year it's all about those three one score games.
Post #: 404
RE: WEEK 3: vs Chargers 9-24-23 12:00PM CT - 9/24/2023 5:18:09 PM   
bstinger

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: joejitsu

quote:

ORIGINAL: kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

Kirk 387 yards and 3TDs 1 Int. Should have been 393 yards 4 TDs and No interceptions. That equals Kirk sucks to most of the Vikings fans. Rudy would have made that catch. Hock butchered it.

Are you his brother or something? The guy isn't a winner.

Nope. I just am not a baby who wants to cry bad QB whenever something doesn't go our way. Kirk is not the problem. He's the solution.

I don’t mean to be rude, but he’s the solution to what? High draft picks? Because we won’t win with him.

Unfortunately he’s just good enough to keep us from getting a top pick. But not good enough to lead us anywhere.

The only way this works is to get him to waive the no trade. KC goes, Hunter goes, KJ goes. I'd take offers for JJ and TJ and O'neil but they'd need to be above market. Anyone else on D is available for a reasonable offer.

"You guys are true athletes!"

--twinsfan
Post #: 405
RE: WEEK 3: vs Chargers 9-24-23 12:00PM CT - 9/24/2023 5:28:52 PM   
bstinger

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: bgdavis

Yep 3 games 3 losses all by 1 score.

I guess they forgot to have their situational masters meetings this season?

--twinsfan
Post #: 406
RE: WEEK 3: vs Chargers 9-24-23 12:00PM CT - 9/24/2023 5:48:03 PM   
Daniel Lee Young

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

Kirk is the very definition of “empty stats”.

There is no such thing as an empty stat. Every TD pass puts points on the board. Every completion gains or loses yards. A stat is NEVER empty.

You know nothing about football.

I don’t know why people encourage him. I haven’t read a non-quoted post or responded to him in over 5 years and couldn’t be happier about it.

Same,

not 5 years.. but it finally dawned on me that he belongs to a select group of “nope” posters.

"Thou shall not bear false witness”
I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 407
RE: WEEK 3: vs Chargers 9-24-23 12:00PM CT - 9/24/2023 5:52:14 PM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: bstinger

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Kirk 387 yards and 3TDs 1 Int. Should have been 393 yards 4 TDs and No interceptions. That equals Kirk sucks to most of the Vikings fans. Rudy would have made that catch. Hock butchered it.

Nope. I just am not a baby who wants to cry bad QB whenever something doesn't go our way. Kirk is not the problem. He's the solution.

I don’t mean to be rude, but he’s the solution to what? High draft picks? Because we won’t win with him.

Unfortunately he’s just good enough to keep us from getting a top pick. But not good enough to lead us anywhere.

The only way this works is to get him to waive the no trade. KC goes, Hunter goes, KJ goes. I'd take offers for JJ and TJ and O'neil but they'd need to be above market. Anyone else on D is available for a reasonable offer.

If JJ goes, it better be for a guarantee that we get Caleb Williams.

You don't trade a Rice or Moss type player. Especially not in the early years of their prime.

< Message edited by Mark Anderson -- 9/24/2023 5:55:24 PM >
Post #: 408
RE: WEEK 3: vs Chargers 9-24-23 12:00PM CT - 9/24/2023 6:02:57 PM   
bstinger

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Anderson

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

You don't trade a Rice or Moss type player. Especially not in the early years of their prime.

How many Super Bowls did we win with Moss? How many playoff games have we won with JJ? He's great, but he's not dominating games. This is the last year that JJ is going to be cheap and it looks like a dud. He wants to break the bank with his extension. I'd entertain offers.

--twinsfan
Post #: 409
RE: WEEK 3: vs Chargers 9-24-23 12:00PM CT - 9/24/2023 6:10:10 PM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

How many Super Bowls did we win with Moss? How many playoff games have we won with JJ? He's great, but he's not dominating games. This is the last year that JJ is going to be cheap and it looks like a dud. He wants to break the bank with his extension. I'd entertain offers.

All I'm saying is you better get an All Pro QB if you trade him.

Otherwise it is just making a deal just to make a deal. Kwesi likes to do that though.
Post #: 410
RE: WEEK 3: vs Chargers 9-24-23 12:00PM CT - 9/24/2023 6:47:16 PM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Otherwise it is just making a deal just to make a deal. Kwesi likes to do that though.

I would assume that's the goal. But better fire Kwesi. He can't be picking anymore.
Post #: 411
RE: WEEK 3: vs Chargers 9-24-23 12:00PM CT - 9/24/2023 7:56:06 PM   
bstinger

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I'm on record multiple times that Queasy is gone for any more deals are made.

--twinsfan
Post #: 412
RE: WEEK 3: vs Chargers 9-24-23 12:00PM CT - 9/24/2023 8:03:20 PM   
larryboy

There was no sense of urgency on anyone's part, which shocked me. Cousins didn't start hustling people until they wasted all that time. As bstinger implied, teamwide situational mastery failure.
Post #: 413
RE: WEEK 3: vs Chargers 9-24-23 12:00PM CT - 9/24/2023 8:06:27 PM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

ORIGINAL: larryboy

There was no sense of urgency on anyone's part, which shocked me. Cousins didn't start hustling people until they wasted all that time. As bstinger implied, teamwide situational mastery failure.

It was a microcosm of this franchise. Completely dysfunctional
Post #: 414
RE: WEEK 3: vs Chargers 9-24-23 12:00PM CT - 9/25/2023 8:25:47 AM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Russell Timmons

Hard to believe a team could be out-coached by that coach. He tried to gift us the game, and we couldn't win.

Even with gifts Kirky boy will come up short

Yeah Kirk came up short. Not Hock. Kirk came up short not Addison dropping the TD pass in the end zone.

You wanna talk about the previous drive? 1st and goal at the 3?

You mean he didn't complete a TD drive? OMG that's never happened before in the history of the NFL. We got the ball back and Kirk played well enough to win it. Other Vikings shit the bed. Not Kirk. Your mind is made up. No matter the evidence you will always see that every time something goes wrong for the Vikings it was Kirk's fault.

Kirk has been pretty damn good this year, but his leadership on both two minute drills was brutal.

Kirk has to accept some culpability here.

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 415
RE: WEEK 3: vs Chargers 9-24-23 12:00PM CT - 9/25/2023 9:30:32 AM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trekgeekscott

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Russell Timmons

Hard to believe a team could be out-coached by that coach. He tried to gift us the game, and we couldn't win.

Even with gifts Kirky boy will come up short

Yeah Kirk came up short. Not Hock. Kirk came up short not Addison dropping the TD pass in the end zone.

You wanna talk about the previous drive? 1st and goal at the 3?

You mean he didn't complete a TD drive? OMG that's never happened before in the history of the NFL. We got the ball back and Kirk played well enough to win it. Other Vikings shit the bed. Not Kirk. Your mind is made up. No matter the evidence you will always see that every time something goes wrong for the Vikings it was Kirk's fault.

Kirk has been pretty damn good this year, but his leadership on both two minute drills was brutal.

Kirk has to accept some culpability here.

Kirk and KOC sound like politicians. Never admit you did anything wrong.

It was a huge unbelievable screw up.
Post #: 416
RE: WEEK 3: vs Chargers 9-24-23 12:00PM CT - 9/25/2023 9:36:33 AM   
bstinger

quote:

Guess I shouldn't be surprised Cousins didn't spike the ball. He doesn't exactly have a history of being calm under pressure.

Here is a great example:

Kirk Cousins Takes Knee Instead Of Spiking Football, Time Expires

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIHrDMrJJ5g&ab_channel=YouTubeMovies

The dude short circuits.

--twinsfan
Post #: 417
RE: WEEK 3: vs Chargers 9-24-23 12:00PM CT - 9/25/2023 9:47:48 AM   
Ricky J

quote:

Pathetically funny how the 13-4 crowd never mentions the NFL 11-0 record in one score games, but oh boy... this year it's all about those three one score games.

So, it's not ha ha funny then?
Post #: 418
RE: WEEK 3: vs Chargers 9-24-23 12:00PM CT - 9/25/2023 10:11:52 AM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ricky J

quote:

Shades of Casablanca here: Of all the gin joints in all the towns in the world, she walks into mine.

IOW, of all the GAME related posts here specifically about another Cousins meltdown... you choose that one?

By the way, I'm not insinuating you are Ingrid Bergman!

< Message edited by Bill Johanesen -- 9/25/2023 10:14:09 AM >
Post #: 419
RE: WEEK 3: vs Chargers 9-24-23 12:00PM CT - 9/26/2023 11:23:25 PM   
Ricky J

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ricky J

quote:

Shades of Casablanca here: Of all the gin joints in all the towns in the world, she walks into mine.

IOW, of all the GAME related posts here specifically about another Cousins meltdown... you choose that one?

By the way, I'm not insinuating you are Ingrid Bergman!

Funny

I just like that line is all. And I wasn't looking to get my ass kicked. ;)
Post #: 420
Page:   <<   < prev  13 14 15 16 [17]
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Game Day Talk >> RE: WEEK 3: vs Chargers 9-24-23 12:00PM CT Page: <<   < prev  13 14 15 16 [17]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode