Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: WEEK 12: vs Bears 11-27-23 7:15PM CT

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Game Day Talk >> RE: WEEK 12: vs Bears 11-27-23 7:15PM CT Page: <<   < prev  14 15 16 [17] 18   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: WEEK 12: vs Bears 11-27-23 7:15PM CT - 11/27/2023 11:25:03 PM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: joejitsu

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

**** you KOC.

Flores blew the last drive.

Yep. 2:29 left, no timeouts.

Moore for 16. Fields with a couple of scrambles. A 36 yarder. 12 men on the field.

10 plays, 66 yards. FG. Game over.

The 12 man in the huddle was the insult to injury. It reminded me of the 2009 NFCCG.
Post #: 401
RE: WEEK 12: vs Bears 11-27-23 7:15PM CT - 11/27/2023 11:26:47 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Viking Rich

Is anyone in the Minnesota media going to criticize KOC?

At most some veiled, mild mention of something.

Fans lap it up blabbing about the playoffs... the media is nice and cozy. They all contribute to this mediocrity.
Post #: 402
RE: WEEK 12: vs Bears 11-27-23 7:15PM CT - 11/27/2023 11:34:10 PM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: JT2

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

quote:

Team ain't worth watching as long as pansy boy is at the helm. So ridiculous.

Agree. He might be a people person but he’s a terrible head coach.

I've never seen worse coaching for our team. I wasn't watching the Steckel year. I think I'd take Frazier.

The offense had 4 TOS. That isn’t coaching. Turtle late yes: TOS no.

No?? That's not on coaching? Having a turnover problem all season? Hmmm

They haven’t had a TO problem during their winning streak. Same qb. If you can’t see that Dobbs decision making was worse than Fileds tonight. Ugggh

Dobbs was horrible but to play for a 50 plus FG with the game on the line is idiotic. Especially with Joseph.

Not sure he'll get called out for it because most National Writers quit watching at halftime.

TBH not sure if that was what he was doing. Chicago was roughing up our little WR the whole game. We just don’t have any big WR when needed to seal a game with a bully over the middle catch. Even with JJ healthy and last year Thielen we can be bullied by cbs.

That is for sure what he was doing. You don't throw a bubble screen into a mosh pit when you want to get 10 yards.

Playing to lose. Mission Accomplished.

Brandon Staley smiled watching the end of this game. Misery loves company.

I like this post. Staley tried his hardest against us to prove he's the worse coach in the world. He is, but we still couldn't win.

The most Vikingest thing we will do this off season is hire KOC's buddy Staley to be our new DC after Flores gets a head job.
Post #: 403
RE: WEEK 12: vs Bears 11-27-23 7:15PM CT - 11/27/2023 11:35:07 PM   
JT2

quote:

What a pathetic game.

Chicago set some team record for most passes at or behind the LOS. They were TERRIBLE. Yet we were worse!

But whoo hoo, watch out baby... we are still right there in the mix for the playoffs

They may have set a league record. I'm not getting the Flores love. How hard is it to defend that offense? They were converting third downs on us like a Brady was their QB.

Before anybody blasts me for saying the defense is overrated, our offense also sucked, they accumulated 24 total yards in the first 28 minutes of the game. We're not good at a lot of football stuff.
Post #: 404
RE: WEEK 12: vs Bears 11-27-23 7:15PM CT - 11/27/2023 11:39:45 PM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

quote:

What a pathetic game.

Chicago set some team record for most passes at or behind the LOS. They were TERRIBLE. Yet we were worse!

But whoo hoo, watch out baby... we are still right there in the mix for the playoffs

They may have set a league record. I'm not getting the Flores love. How hard is it to defend that offense? They were converting third downs on us like a Brady was their QB.

Before anybody blasts me for saying the defense is overrated, our offense also sucked, they accumulated 24 total yards in the first 28 minutes of the game. We're not good at a lot of football stuff.

Eberflus and Fields made this a close game.

Hopefully for our sake their GM is sold on them.
Post #: 405
RE: WEEK 12: vs Bears 11-27-23 7:15PM CT - 11/27/2023 11:45:19 PM   
Bill Johanesen

That game should have been bad for the NFL. Instead, it just trucks right along.

12 teams per conference. Three division winners and one wild card. The rest of the shit teams pack their bags.
Post #: 406
RE: WEEK 12: vs Bears 11-27-23 7:15PM CT - 11/27/2023 11:48:39 PM   
Bill Johanesen

The only thing that kept us upright in the first half was the cavalcade of penalties on the Bears. Even then we couldn't convert a 3rd down.

3-8 opponent. At home. Just a shit game.
Post #: 407
RE: WEEK 12: vs Bears 11-27-23 7:15PM CT - 11/27/2023 11:48:41 PM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

quote:

Fans lap it up blabbing about the playoffs... the media is nice and cozy. They all contribute to this mediocrity.

Why not get excited about making the playoffs? We could be 8-4 with a little more balls at the end of games.

And we are doing it while going with a youth movement. Yeah, 2022 draft hurt us pretty good but still a decent nucleus of young players.
Post #: 408
RE: WEEK 12: vs Bears 11-27-23 7:15PM CT - 11/27/2023 11:50:39 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

quote:

Why not get excited about making the playoffs? We could be 8-4 with a little more balls at the end of games.

And we are doing it while going with a youth movement. Yeah, 2022 draft hurt us pretty good but still a decent nucleus of young players.

Exhibit #1 of fans lapping it up.

We could be? LMAO! God almighty. WE COULD BE!

Vikings fans, the shoulda, woulda, couldas.

Wow.
Post #: 409
RE: WEEK 12: vs Bears 11-27-23 7:15PM CT - 11/27/2023 11:53:50 PM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Wow.

I'm all ears on your plan. Make up some signs and protest TCO Headquarters.
Post #: 410
RE: WEEK 12: vs Bears 11-27-23 7:15PM CT - 11/27/2023 11:55:01 PM   
JT2

quote:

quote:

quote:

What a pathetic game.

That's an interesting thing for the Bears moving forward. Can they be so stubborn not to draft a QB with one of their possibly two top five selections?

They should trade Fields when/if he's trending upward. Or, convert him to a Taysom Hill type of role. I think his extreme (raw) athleticism is difficult to let go of.

Also, I do wonder if another coach could get the best out of him. That's not going to happen in Chicago.
Post #: 411
RE: WEEK 12: vs Bears 11-27-23 7:15PM CT - 11/27/2023 11:56:51 PM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

What a pathetic game.

That's an interesting thing for the Bears moving forward. Can they be so stubborn not to draft a QB with one of their possibly two top five selections?

They should trade Fields when/if he's trending upward. Or, convert him to a Taysom Hill type of role. I think his extreme (raw) athleticism is difficult to let go of.

Also, I do wonder if another coach could get the best out of him. That's not going to happen in Chicago.

GM Poles will find a sucker for Fields. Someone who thinks they can mold him.
Post #: 412
RE: WEEK 12: vs Bears 11-27-23 7:15PM CT - 11/27/2023 11:56:56 PM   
Bill Johanesen

We are doing it with a youth movement.

It? Doing what? Going 6-6? So what.

What facet of the game can you point to and say we are solid there week in and week out?

17th oldest "youth movement": https://www.phillyvoice.com/ranking-nfl-teams-age-after-53-man-cutdowns-2023-edition/
Post #: 413
RE: WEEK 12: vs Bears 11-27-23 7:15PM CT - 11/28/2023 12:00:32 AM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Wow.

My plan certainly isn't based on coulda, woulda...
Post #: 414
RE: WEEK 12: vs Bears 11-27-23 7:15PM CT - 11/28/2023 12:06:56 AM   
Bill Johanesen

Fields had 52 yards passing in his game-winning drive.

Poles looks to have done well with that Dexter guy at DT.
Post #: 415
RE: WEEK 12: vs Bears 11-27-23 7:15PM CT - 11/28/2023 12:10:13 AM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

What facet of the game can you point to and say we are solid there week in and week out?

17th oldest "youth movement": https://www.phillyvoice.com/ranking-nfl-teams-age-after-53-man-cutdowns-2023-edition/

Cousins, Smith and about 4-5 older vets will be gone next year.

Secondary is light years ahead of 2022. Not saying much but Mettulus, Blackmon, Evans and Bynum look like keepers. Pace looks like a steal. WRs and TEs are above average. OLine was playing at a high level until last 2 games.

I guess what I am saying is if we hit it big with a rookie QB we are closer to Houston than Carolina. And trending up. This is without completely tanking.
Post #: 416
RE: WEEK 12: vs Bears 11-27-23 7:15PM CT - 11/28/2023 12:12:10 AM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Wow.

My plan certainly isn't based on coulda, woulda...

All I'm asking for is a play action pass on 1st down to try to ice a game. Not too pie in the sky.
Post #: 417
RE: WEEK 12: vs Bears 11-27-23 7:15PM CT - 11/28/2023 12:17:22 AM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

Cousins, Smith and about 4-5 older vets will be gone next year.

Secondary is light years ahead of 2022. Not saying much but Mettulus, Blackmon, Evans and Bynum look like keepers. Pace looks like a steal. WRs and TEs are above average. OLine was playing at a high level until last 2 games.

I guess what I am saying is if we hit it big with a rookie QB we are closer to Houston than Carolina. And trending up. This is without completely tanking.

Well, all that stuff for next season remains to be seen.
Post #: 418
RE: WEEK 12: vs Bears 11-27-23 7:15PM CT - 11/28/2023 9:03:11 AM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

quote:

quote:

We COULD BE 10-2 or even 11-1 if we just didn't turn the ball over. Trouble is, we turn the ball over.

Balls? Brains? Noc clocking it? Curling up in a ball during two minute drills. Dropping passes that should be caught.

Another poster already pointed out SHOULDA COULDA.

They are right.

Here is reality. No matter what could be, we ARE 6-6 with a journeyman QB who coughed up the ball 4 times yesterday. Cousins sucks, but he rarely threw the ball to the other team. I don't have an answer, but the writing is on the wall. We can't help ourselves, we turn it over and that will kill us. It is a sign of the mediocrity of the NFC that we are still holding a playoff spot despite our current sucktitude. We make the playoffs now, we likely exit early. Why? because we turn the ball over, a lot. and Coulda Woulda, Shoulda aint going to change that.

So I advocate for giving Hall the ball the rest of the way, see what we've got and start planning the offseason.

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 419
RE: WEEK 12: vs Bears 11-27-23 7:15PM CT - 11/28/2023 9:35:27 AM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

That game should have been bad for the NFL. Instead, it just trucks right along.

12 teams per conference. Three division winners and one wild card. The rest of the shit teams pack their bags.

So, New England has to dissolve their franchise. Good plan.

But, if you really want to make it just the best 4 in each conference get to playoffs, eliminate divisions. Top 4 teams are in playoffs.

Each team has play every team in their conference (15 games) and then 2 non conference games.

You would get some really bad football by Week 11 or 12 when 16 teams are eliminated from the playoff race.
Post #: 420
RE: WEEK 12: vs Bears 11-27-23 7:15PM CT - 11/28/2023 9:40:16 AM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trekgeekscott

quote:

quote:

quote:

We COULD BE 10-2 or even 11-1 if we just didn't turn the ball over. Trouble is, we turn the ball over.

Balls? Brains? Noc clocking it? Curling up in a ball during two minute drills. Dropping passes that should be caught.

They are right.

Here is reality. No matter what could be, we ARE 6-6 with a journeyman QB who coughed up the ball 4 times yesterday. Cousins sucks, but he rarely threw the ball to the other team. I don't have an answer, but the writing is on the wall. We can't help ourselves, we turn it over and that will kill us. It is a sign of the mediocrity of the NFC that we are still holding a playoff spot despite our current sucktitude. We make the playoffs now, we likely exit early. Why? because we turn the ball over, a lot. and Coulda Woulda, Shoulda aint going to change that.

So I advocate for giving Hall the ball the rest of the way, see what we've got and start planning the offseason.

At this point you are right. Go with Hall.

See what we have in Asamoah instead of Barr. Even give Cine and Booth a chance. See what McBride can do.

We won't because we are technically in the playoffs and have JJ supposedly coming back.
Post #: 421
RE: WEEK 12: vs Bears 11-27-23 7:15PM CT - 11/28/2023 9:54:58 AM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

So, New England has to dissolve their franchise. Good plan.

But, if you really want to make it just the best 4 in each conference get to playoffs, eliminate divisions. Top 4 teams are in playoffs.

Each team has play every team in their conference (15 games) and then 2 non conference games.

You would get some really bad football by Week 11 or 12 when 16 teams are eliminated from the playoff race.

If it's just turning back the clock, the Pats would still be in since they were an original AFL team.

This is kinda cool: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_the_National_Football_League
Post #: 422
RE: WEEK 12: vs Bears 11-27-23 7:15PM CT - 11/28/2023 9:58:58 AM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

They are right.

See what we have in Asamoah instead of Barr. Even give Cine and Booth a chance. See what McBride can do.

We won't because we are technically in the playoffs and have JJ supposedly coming back.

That's the problem with mediocrity. Most every team is 'in the hunt' until December. Then in the offseason training camp and practices have been cut way back. Vanilla preseason games are a joke. So unless a team bites the bullet, they don't know what they have on the roster.
Post #: 423
RE: WEEK 12: vs Bears 11-27-23 7:15PM CT - 11/28/2023 10:13:51 AM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

They are right.

That's the problem with mediocrity. Most every team is 'in the hunt' until December. Then in the offseason training camp and practices have been cut way back. Vanilla preseason games are a joke. So unless a team bites the bullet, they don't know what they have on the roster.

A 5th or 6th seed can catch "lightning in a bottle" but it doesn't happen very often.

Every professional league has bowed to the dollar and let extra mediocre teams into the playoffs. It makes them more money in the long run.
Post #: 424
RE: WEEK 12: vs Bears 11-27-23 7:15PM CT - 11/29/2023 7:46:57 PM   
Daniel Lee Young

Gonna be a looooooong bye week…

Dobbs has shown why he is a career backup..

KOC is incapable of not trying “ cute” plays at bad times, and his ability to go for the throat is hampsteresque, at best..

I’m resigned to NEVER living long enough to see this franchise win a Lombardi Trophy.

Ownership only cares about the TV and Ticket money, majority of fans only care about the 1-2 players they have in fantasy football, or secretly have a sexual crush on.

Wins and losses don’t matter as long as fake SM cred can be accumulated by defending or attacking a player they love/hate.

I hate Kirk ****ing Cousins because he defines overpaying for mediocrity.

Losing the first three games to open his final season, had nothing to do with it.

His smarmy self righteous, Covid denying, fake” Christian values” schtick wore me out three years ago.

No it sounds like the idiots in management, are trying to rationalize..” one more fun”.. with A rehabbed, polished turd, called KFC 3.0

God help my sanity if they bring that shit bag back after his blown Achilles tendon.

My interest in the rest of this season, with KOC as coach, revolves around hoping and praying our defensive Coordinator, doesn’t get sniped and no other players suffer season ending injury.

Justin” prima Donna” Jefferson and “ my back hurts hold out” hockenson can go **** themselves.

"Thou shall not bear false witness”
I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 425
Page:   <<   < prev  14 15 16 [17] 18   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Game Day Talk >> RE: WEEK 12: vs Bears 11-27-23 7:15PM CT Page: <<   < prev  14 15 16 [17] 18   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode